POF in Sixth

CapGoddess

I think I need a refresher. I am not sure how to interpret this. Part of Fortune is in Aquarius in the 6th. I'm wondering what it means. The only aspect to it is Mars in Aquarius, which is conjunct.

Any help would be welcome.

Also wondering how to interpret the POF in general, I think it's more than luck.

fullmoonlibra

I have the POF in sixth too, in capricorn last degree.
I never got an answer for this question..
Mine is square sun and north node and trine venus in tenth.

retinoid

I don't like interpreting POF like I would a planet hence I don't see it as luck like a strong Jupiter would provide. It is more like 'this is where you don't have much karmic resistance...'. Conjunct Mars I would say you would have good health or defeating enemies or ability to fight disease.

retinoid

religion/spirituality, traveling to foreign lands, luck and expansiveness (mentally and physically) will come easy to you and WILL play a significant role in your life. Of course the sign of the 9th will color how these things appear or how you react to them. A Capricorn cusp may bring things when you are a bit older and can plan everything out, while a Sagittarius or Aries cusp may be sudden and an 'up and go' sort of thing.

dr. farr

Also wondering how to interpret the POF in general, I think it's more than luck.

The POF was one of the most important chart elements for the oldtime (Greco/Roman) astrologers: heck, they even used Fortunata charts, where the POF was placed as the first house, and the chart turned and read from there:w00t:! Remember that the POF shows the INTERACTION of the 3 most essential and fundamental elements of the chart: the ascendant, the Sun, and the Moon.

POF later devolved to merely indicating luck and potential "fortune", but you are correct, it means MUCH more than that (although it DOES also mean luck and potential fortune) The ancients connected the meaning of the POF with health, and with the general relationship of the individual to the environment, to the "outside world"*, to how the individual will affect that "outside world", and to social interactions of that individual. Judith Hill's "Part of Fortune" book (available from several internet sources) is a very good, brief elucidation of the POF and its ramifications; also, Robert Hand has several extensive pieces on the POF available on the internet, and I think one of these POF articles is available on the AW title page in the articles section.

(*the Part of Spirit was used to show the development of the INTERIOR person, and to indicate how the "outside" world, and the person's dealings with that world, would likely affect the "inside world" of the individual)

byjove

Account Closed
Hi,

I've POF in the 6th also. I have nowhere near the knowledge or experience on this as Dr. Farr.

I keep in mind that it's not a planet, so has a different mode of interpretation. If it were a planet, I would be asking you, do the matters of that house matter much to you, how are things there, but I don't think the POF functions like that.

Running with the idea that the POF can indicate luck but if I understand correctly, also as an indication of the quality of the body in the 6th, maybe that shows a body that can suffer from illness a bit more (6th is illness, I think 12th is more severe, no?) the 6th as well has the natural correlation with Virgo, and the two combined oftentimes means sickness through over-worrying. I can most definitely attest to that personally.

The 6th is also day-to-day work, what's daily work like? POF in the 6th certainly adds importance to this area, perhaps opportunities can come through day to day working life. By contrast, just for illustration, if it were in the 3rd I'd say passing conversations with people could prove fruitful.

If you do want to dig deep into this, there are threads on this here. The POF is one of 5 or 6 points to consider along the lines of luck in life etc. The ruler of the POF becomes important also, if your POF is in Aquarius...modern ruler is Uranus, traditional ruler is Saturn.

(I've my POF conjunct Saturn in the 6th of Sagg.)

dr. farr

I'll agree with what Byjove has stated in the above posting-good observations!

(Note: Yes, 12th house is more affinitive to long term, "deeper" health problems, than is the 6th house; remember also that the 1st house says a good deal about health and vitality as well)