Getting back together with an ex

gd1973

As I was browsing new posts, I noticed that there seems to be a lot of recent posts inquiring about getting back together with exes. Although I have not read the details of all of these posts, the commonality seems to be the question being asked: "Will I get back together with my ex?" Although this is a perfectly natural question, I don't think that the answer to this question provides the needed insight and help that is being sought. Rather than respond to each of these types of posts individually, I thought I would post one response that hopefully would be found by those needing it.

Before getting to my advice, let me first list my assumptions if you are asking if you will get back together with your ex:
1. There has been a recent break-up that was possibly unexpected, but definitely unwanted by at least one person in the relationship.
2. You are probably not the one who did the breaking up.
3. You may or may not have an idea about why the break-up occurred. And, if you do have an idea about why the break-up occurred, it may or may not be the real reason for the break-up.
4. You want to know if you will get back together because your goal is to get back together.

If these assumptions are at least partly correct, knowing whether or not you will get back together is not really going to be very helpful. If you don't fix the problem that caused the break-up in the first place, getting back together will likely just result in another break-up down the road. (And I'm guessing you don't want to get together just to break-up again.)

Instead, use astrology to figure out what caused the break-up in the first place. Compare your natal chart to both your exes natal chart and the current transits. The break-up may have been the result of an acute event (like infidelity-probably seen in current transits) or the result of a chronic issue (like difficulties communicating-probably seen in incompatibility in the natal charts). What you think caused the break-up might not be the real issue. Once you've figured out why the relationship ended, then you'll know what needs to be done. By objectively looking at your own natal chart, you will then be able to determine if you have the resources in yourself to overcome the obstacle(s).

Whether you find 'good news' or 'bad news', that doesn't mean you will or won't get back together. But, if you do, you will be better prepared to have a more successful relationship. And, if you don't, what you find may provide a little peace of mind.

gd1973

Just to add one more thing, I do not mean to imply that you (as the querent) made 'a mistake' or that you are the one that needs 'to work on the relationship.' If there is a break-up, it is very likely that both parties have room to make improvements. But, you cannot change someone else, and you can't assume that the other person will change. You can only control and affect change in yourself. If you want to get back together with this person successfully, look to yourself first for improving the relationship. You may find that you are not capable of the change needed, or that any change you make will not have an impact. That doesn't bode well for a successful reconciliation, but it may provide some degree of comfort.

dreamtimez

I wonder at the number of break up questions that have suddenly come up in the forum ! Mercury went Rx in Libra (Relationships) so are we thinking about 'broken' relationships ? I heard that Mercury Rx is a good time to re-do/ re-work issues ... :)