Right Ascension chart - how potentials manifest

Namron

Right Ascension chart is a chart similar to natal chart but it shows how natal chart potentials manifest in life, how they play themselves out.

How is it different from a natal chart?
The celestial equator is a more 'earthy' reference than the ecliptic. This makes sense, for the celestial equator is the projection of the earth's equator on the celestial sphere, while the ecliptic is the path of the Sun.

Consequently, it's regarded the right ascension chart is an indication of how a person manifests the potentialities of their 'normal' (longitude-based) chart into their life. From this perspective, the 'normal' chart shows potentialities; the right ascension chart shows how these potentialities are likely to manifest in real life. Hence the motto: right ascension chart – manifestation chart.

For instance, if an aspect or a cluster of planets is really critical in a person's chart, you may want to look at their right ascension chart to see if the aspect is also present, and if it is any different.

In astrological readings, it is not rare to see people who are not like their chart! For instance, one sees charts with beautiful potentialities which are not translated into the reality of the person's life. The right ascension chart may give clues as to why and how, and also clues as to how to manifest what is in the chart.

See detailed explanation here:
http://astrology.clairvision.org/static/astrologymanual/Right_ascension_and_decl ination.html

I don't think astrodienst has option to draw RA charts and if your program doesn't show show them either, use this one:
http://astrology.clairvision.org/astro/switchboard

After entering you birth data click on 'View', 'Drawing', choose either 'PNG' or 'SVG', then 'Configure', and 'Right Ascension Chart'.

My RA chart shows Plu-Sat square - so well known to me!!! And some other aspects disapear, while other new ones appear.

Namron

Last edited by a moderator:

ag1road

I thought I would give it a stab, so I tried it. A couple of aspects moved to become exact, but I am not sure that is a good thing. For example, my Pluto Venus opposition went from being an orb of 6 degrees to exact. Coming from the thread about attracting stalkers, I am not sure I like this or know how I can use this right now. Also, my Jupiter trine Mars got a but closer as well as the Moon trine Uranus. I didn't identify anything that separated, at least not yet. Maybe I am not looking at this chart correctly.

So these are the aspects where the rubber meets to road, so to speak? I should focus on these aspects when doing natal analysis?

Namron

Ag1road,

You showed a chart from astro.com. I couldn't find Right Ascension chart option on astro.com. Can you explain? I wonder what kind of chart were you looking at...

Hmm, if aspects become tighter maybe that's not a bad thing ? :59:

Yes, you said really cool ;) RA charts are where wheels meet the road.

You use them as an addition to natal charts. They show how potentials in natal chart actually manifest. In your case tight orbs mean you experience those aspects more intensely.

N

ag1road

Namron,
I just figured out how to post my natal chart. Maybe the RA could be calc'd from there? Does this chart extend to house significance as well?

Namron

FleetingDasein

It works now! Thanks!

I think there was something wrong with the link. I would get two http://'s when I clicked on it, I would remove the extra one but it still wouldn't work.

Consequently, they regard the right ascension chart as an indication of how a person manifests the potentialities of their 'normal' (longitude-based) chart into their life. From this perspective, the 'normal' chart shows potentialities; the right ascension chart shows how these potentialities are likely to manifest in real life. Hence the motto: right ascension chart – manifestation chart.

That's very interesting, I am gonna have to look at my right ascension chart to see if I can make sense out of it.

It reminds me of Harmonics, at least in relation to how the natal chart is considered a tree, while harmonics (and Right Ascension) seem to act as the fruit. RA would be the "visible" fruit, carried into reality.

Edit: From what I can see in the chart nothing appears to have changed, aspectwise. Well, except for NN opposite the sun. Anyone else?

Funny I was just talking about fruits: The aspect refers to a condition in which major circumstances in the native's environment deny him opportunities and resources for self-expression, limiting especially his leadership and power potential. Obstacles are thrown in his path, making it difficult to achieve what he desires, even to the extent that he is denied the fruits of his efforts.

Last edited:

Namron

ag1road said:
Namron,
I just figured out how to post my natal chart. Maybe the RA could be calc'd from there? Does this chart extend to house significance as well?

Hi ag1road,

Yes, RA chart can be drawn from a natal chart. You will have to use a software that has RA feature. Use this one:
http://astrology.clairvision.org/astro/switchboard

Simply put your birth data in, then go to draw, configure and lower down select right ascension.

Or use the animation feature.

No, RA charts are without houses and signs, it's because of astronomy behind them.

My chart changes quite a bit and it so explains some things I knew about but didn't see in natal chart - like Plu-Sat aspect.

N