Strange, confusing new employee hired around Mercury Rx

haileyscomet

We hired a new employee on the 29th of April, at a time Mercury was almost finishing it's retrograde. No legal contract was signed, She was by far the most promising candidate. Around the second and third she has called in sick. We had a pep talk with her and she remains interested. Personally, I still have a good feeling about her but doing a background check on her, she's coming across dodgy. It doesn't help when I have contributed to her hiring and now everyone particulary coworkers are blaming me.

My question how does she fair with Mercury retrograde?

Last edited:

blackbery

She likely will be gone very soon. Why was no legal contract signed?Was that an error?

It will work in the firm's favour as no contract no obligation.
She can be fired or leave with no repercussions.

:rightful:

We hired a new employee on the 29th of April, at a time Mercury was almost finishing it's retrograde. No legal contract was signed, She was by far the most promising candidate. Around the second and third she has called in sick. We had a pep talk with her and she remains interested. Personally, I still have a good feeling about her but doing a background check on her, she's coming across dodgy. It doesn't help when I have contributed to her hiring and now everyone particulary coworkers are blaming me.

haileyscomet

Wasn't an error. Just how we do things here. She was told after the interview that she got the job and legally we are allowed to put new employees on a 90 day trial run.A contract to sign is obviously planned but the significance is Mercury Rx which I am firm believer in. What about all other candidates that came for interviews during Mercury RX? Would they last long if they were accepted now? I feel like I should put a disclaimer here and that is Im only asking to feed my astrological curiosity and by no means Astrology has much impact on real life descions like these.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member

The parts I bolded are the relevant details here. No contract, and her background check is coming across dodgy. Mercury being retrograde when she was hired is much less relevant than those two details, although there may very well be a connection. I suspect Mercury retrograde is the astrological reason why the problems surfaced so soon.

When Mercury is retrograde, problems that stem from a lack of attention to detail, usually a lack of attention to detail sometime in the past, surface. Is it standard at your company to not do background checks until after employment starts? And by "background check," do you mean just a reference check, or does your company do a criminal background check? What's dodgy about hers?

If you typically don't check references before making a job offer, you will miss warning signs of a bad hire. If you haven't made a bad hire before, then you lucked out, and hired people who proved themselves good despite the lack of checking on your part.

Planetary retrogrades are time for karma to surface. Karma simply means the results of action or inaction.

If you hire someone new now, the same due diligence is called for. Mercury being direct might lessen the likelihood of a problem surfacing immediately, but if there is a problem with the new hire, it may come to light during the next Mercury retrograde.

Last edited:

miquar

Hi. I'd be inclined to look at the chart for the moment that someone acted on the decision to hire her (cast for your location - not hers, if different). If she was informed by email or phone call it should be quite easy to get this. If an email was sent or a phone message was left, then you don't know when she received the news, but this doesn't matter - in this case what counts is the time that you or a colleague acted on the decision to hire. But before you look at the chart, I would spend a bit of time allowing your reservations to come more fully into consciousness - if this person were dodgy, what does your imagination say would be dodgy about her? And then compare your findings to the strong themes in the chart.

Best wishes

Miquar