Baby gender prediction?

Hi everyone,

I am recently pregnant and have become very interested in the use of astrology to predict a baby's gender and characteristics. I have read about the relevance of the moon at the time of conception but wondered if there was more to it than that? (I'm guessing there is?!).

I also wondered if anybody here would be kind enough to do a prediction for me if I return to tell you once we know the baby's gender?

My birthdate is May 13th 1976, 16:40pm. I was born in London, England.

Last day time of intercourse leading to conception was 1am July 18th 2006 and I ovulated at 9pm on July 18th 2006 - again in London, England. I'm not sure whether it's the time of intercourse or the actual time of conception (i.e: when the egg is fertilised after ovulation) that matters?

I would love to know if you can also predict any personality characteristics of unborn babies too and whether they are likely to be early/on time or overdue at the time of birth.

Thanks for anyone's time who answers :)

April.

Arian Maverick

This has the potential to be a fascinating project if we could somehow implement the The Prenatal Epoch method of chart rectification to determine the sex of your child.

Thank you for providing us with such specific information! Too bad it's nearly impossible to pinpoint the exact moment of conception... ;)

Natal Chart:

Quick Observations:

• The Moon is in the sign of its fall--Scorpio.
  • Mercury is strong in one of the traditional signs of its rulership--Gemini. However, due to its retrograde motion, you may express its influence less directly than an individual with Mercury direct.
  • Venus is strong in one of the traditional signs of its rulership--Taurus. However, it is located in the eighth house which is naturally ruled by the sign of Venus' detriment--Scorpio. Venus also rules the first house cusp.
  • The traditional ruler of your natal fifth house cusp is Saturn, which is tightly conjunct your natal Mars in Cancer.
  • Mars is in the sign of its fall and Saturn is in the sign of its detriment--both Cancer.
  • Jupiter is conjunct Venus, and both planets receive quincunx aspects from twelfth house Pluto in Libra and third house Neptune in Sagittarius, forming the apex of a yod configuration.
  • Pluto is conjunct the Ascendant froms its dark side.

Natal Chart and Transits - July 18, 2006:

Quick Observations:

• Transiting retrograde Mercury and the Sun are tightly conjunct your natal Mars-Saturn conjunction in Cancer! As I mentioned above, Saturn rules the fifth house cusp of your natal chart as well as the Nadir. The Sun is also the ruler of Leo, which is the traditional sign associated with the fifth house (Leo is the fifth sign of the Zodiac). It is also interesting that Mercury rules the ninth house cusp in your natal chart, which according to the excerpt Shining Ray quoted from A.T Mann's book in the thread Conception is "the point of conception...Gestation begins at this point and continues in a counter-clockwise direction."
  • Transiting Saturn, the ruler of your fifth house cusp, is in the sign of the natural ruler of the fifth house--Leo.
  • Transiting Lilith is almost exactly conjunct your twelfth house cusp.
  • Transiting Jupiter is conjunct your North Node.
  • Transiting Neptune is tightly conjunct your fifth house cusp.

Time of Ovulation:

Quick Observations:
  • The Sun/Mercury conjunction is tightly conjunct the Descendant.
  • Venus is in a critical degree in the fifth house!

Time of Intercourse:

Quick Observations:
  • Taurus rises, and its ruler--Venus--is located in the traditional house of Taurus.
  • The Mercury-Sun conjunction is conjunct the Nadir.
Arian Maverick

Last edited:
Thanks for the charts, it's tough isn't? I would say that timing of intercourse must surely be irrelevant if the egg hadn't yet been released/thus conception hadn't happened - presuming that the chart that matters would be that moment when a new life was formed?

Could you possibly help me to decipher a bit? I have researched lots on the internet and have read Dr.Jonas' theories and also come across theories that the sign the moon and sun are in at the moment of conception determine gender, also theories that the sign that uranus and jupiter are in at the time are the determinators. Do you have a personal opinion? I know this tends to be split between astrologers - some believing gender prediction is not possibly (that the chart merely reflects the new baby's personality traits). What is your personal opinion? and how would you interpret my charts?

Thanks again :)

Arian Maverick

Oh my goodness--so many questions! :)

I am by no means a professional astrologer, but I will try to help you as best as I can. Perhaps I may even use this information one day, but hopefully not for a decade or more...

Here is an excerpt from The Prenatal Epoch, which may or may not be relevant to your question but is interesting, nonetheless. I have highlighted certain sentences for emphasis:

The primary principle of the Prenatal Epoch has been stated by Max Heindel in The Message of the Stars, where he says that the body is the product of lunar forces and that the position of the Ascendant, or its opposite, at birth, is the Moon's position at conception. The keyword of the Moon is fecundation or fertility, and it is Jehovah and the lunar Angels that preside at the birth of a child. This is stated in the Cosmo-Conception and other works of the Rosicrucian Philosophy. We thus see that the Moon has primary influence over the formation of the physical body, and that the Ascendant represents merely the transference of the Moon's position from conception to birth.

This law was known to the ancients as the "Truitine of Hermes," from Hermes Trismegistus, who first correctly formulated and stated the law as follows: "The place of the Moon at conception becomes the birth ascendant or its opposite point."

"But this proved to be but one-half of a very important law, for while the Ascendant at birth was the place of the Moon at a certain Epoch, the Ascendant or its opposite point at this Epoch was the place of the Moon at birth -- a very remarkable interchange of factors." --E.H. Bailey.

According to the Ancient Wisdom, "The World-Breath has a definite and periodic pulsation, a systole and diastole action, whereby birth and death are controlled." This idea of periodicity, well established by modern science, furthers the idea that birth can take place only in respect to any single locality at intervals, that these intervals are in accord with lunar motion, and that only every seventh impulse of the World-Breath permits of human births.

The modern version of the Prenatal Epoch we first established by the English astrologer known to the astrological world as Sepharial, in the year 1886. It was published by him in 1890. In this he had the collaboration of a trained and veteran scientist, a doctor, who helped him to establish the primary laws of the Prenatal Epoch by years of painstaking research and actual experiments. This doctor was an expert obstetrician and proved the laws of the Prenatal Epoch by actual firsthand data.

These laws have been further verified, extended, and complemented by the painstaking researches of E.H. Bailey, to whom great credit is due for his many and exact proofs of the Prenatal Epoch. His book upon this subject is considered standard authority, and we are in the main following his very worthy contribution to the subject and are extending him full credit.

One of the primary uses of the Prenatal Epoch is the correction or rectification of the birth time when only the approximate time is given. Another is its utility in determining correctly the sex of the native. Finally, it gives sidelights on the character and inner nature of the individual as fundamental as those of the birth chart.

"As births are brought about in exact harmony with lunar laws, it is shown that intrauterine life is in direct relation with the sidereal world without, that the great fact of maternity is capable of purely astronomical measurement and rule .... The law is nothing less than a mathematical measurement of human life, a stupendous natural fact; nothing more exactly mathematical and matter of fact is to be found in the records of scientists than this record of intra- uterine life, for only through its study will the laws of generation be fully understood." -- Sepharial.

"In the measurement of the intra-uterine period we actually measure the whole future of the individual; alter this one fact -- the moment of conception (or its spiritual counterpart, the Epoch) -- and you change the whole course of the progeny's destiny. If we accept the occult theory that the Prenatal Epoch is the descent of the Ego to the Desire World, then it must show the inherent character of the Ego about to incarnate. It may be stated that the Epoch has a more intimate relationship with the individual than the horoscope at birth, the latter appearing to reject the personality and its heredity and environment. In other words, the Epoch represents the man about to manifest in the flesh, the horoscope denotes actual personal conditions and environments into which he is born. Every birth is directly connected with the Epoch, and every authentic natural birth will, within the limits of an error of observation, yield an Epoch in accordance with the rules to be given."-- Bailey.

For summary, let us restate the fundamental principle of the Prenatal Epoch known as the Truitine of Hermes: "The Ascendant at birth is the place of the Moon at a certain Epoch, ant the Ascendant or its opposite point at Epoch was the place of the Moon at birth."

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Claire19

If you conceived on a male or yang moon sign then it is supposed to be a son. If conceived on a yin or female moon sign then it is supposed to be a girl. I feel it will be an Aquarian child and there will be conflicts with the father and wont take kindly to authority figures. So work out what sign the Moon was in at conception and you should get a good idea. Remember Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sag and Cap are the male signs. Aquarians are unconventional, forward thinking, unique and usually clever. Can be taller than average and like to shock and flout the status quo.

Good luck

Claire

MichelleAnderson

I honestly don't think it's possible to figure out the answer to gender. You would have to know the exact moment of conception and unfortunately medical science simply is not that good yet.

Thank you again everybody and a special HUGE thanks to Del for your wonderfully thought out reply, I found it all fascinating :)

To asnwer a few of the points your raised, I am as sure as I can be about my birth time, that is the time my parents had recorded. Also I am definitely planning on breastfeeding! I wouldn't have it any other way. I am also taking iron supplements as I've been wondering about anaemia.

One part did concern me slightly, the "surgical birth" - how certain is that? I am hoping for a natural waterbirth, is there anything I can do to avoid a surgical birth?

Also, you state that conception took place on July 10th? do you mean July 18th? (July 10th would be physically impossible!), LOL!

Thank you again for taking the time to reply to me so comprehensively.

Aprilx

Claire19

Apart from the conception Moon sign either yin or yang, look to the 5th house cusp and its ruler. Yang or yin? Also planets in the 5th will denote often what sex the child is and the period of time born. Transits to the 5th house such as Jupiter and Moon indicate likelihood of pregnancy if backed up by other indications. Uranus can mean unexpected, miscarriage or out of wedlock. An unusual and unconventional child or circumstances. Neptune can mean loss of a child, adopted, out of wedlock, fostered or somewhat of a mystery.

Saturn in Leo and in 5th can denote only one child desired or an only child surviving, a Capricornian child, a child who is parental in attitude or rather authoritarian or you are strict and disciplinarian as a parent and children seen as a burden. There are many variables depending on the aspects and can indicate children wanted rather later than earlier in life. Often on the Saturn return of 29 years or so.

Claire

MichelleAnderson

This was a great reply that I honestly read with a lot of interest even though it wasn’t directed to me. Thanks for sharing all of the wonderful information!

rahu

Banned
dear april,
i wsa wondering what method you use to deteremine you were ovulating.
it has been a while,i think it was the sabin book maybe ,but the technique that worked for several lovers and my so is that a women ovulates on the day the moon and sun have the same degree of separetionas the natal chart.
in your situation the moon was 1 degree 34' before the full moon.this position happened the evening of 7/24/06.as sperm can survive for 3 days,by this calculation your very fertilizes from7/21-7/24 and concieved on 7/24.
i read a technique,again i can't remember where that said the birth will occur on the same number of days after the first new moon as in the mother natal chart.though again i not sure this exactly the technique.i did use this technique on my 3rd child and worked.the doctors say june 26 but the calcs said 7/21.the doc performed a c section on 7/19 as they thought she was too late
rahu

Hi Rahu,

I was using ovulation predictor kits (test you dip in urine that detect luteinising hormone - the hormone that causes ovulation, they show positive 24-36hrs before ovulation) and the billings method (checking cervical mucus), I also feel ovulation too (a couple of hours of cramping followed by a sharp pain) I felt this on the night of the 18th July, I very much doubt the 24th would be correct then, but who knows? the timing of 11:22pm on the 18th that DelBoy suggested seems to fit very well with my own (albeit non astrological) calculations.

It is very possible that the egg implanted (thus I became pregnant then) on the 24th, 6 days after ovulation would be very feasible indeed.

Based upon your calculations when would I be due to give birth?

Thanks for your reply :)

rahu said:
dear april,
i wsa wondering what method you use to deteremine you were ovulating.
it has been a while,i think it was the sabin book maybe ,but the technique that worked for several lovers and my so is that a women ovulates on the day the moon and sun have the same degree of separetionas the natal chart.
in your situation the moon was 1 degree 34' before the full moon.this position happened the evening of 7/24/06.as sperm can survive for 3 days,by this calculation your very fertilizes from7/21-7/24 and concieved on 7/24.
i read a technique,again i can't remember where that said the birth will occur on the same number of days after the first new moon as in the mother natal chart.though again i not sure this exactly the technique.i did use this technique on my 3rd child and worked.the doctors say june 26 but the calcs said 7/21.the doc performed a c section on 7/19 as they thought she was too late
rahu

MichelleAnderson

I think that using a combination of the kit that AprilMomma and the calculations that rahu mentioned would be the best way to know for sure when you're ovulating.

mohit

Dear April

Let me first say that the reply of Del is very interesting, informative and thought provoking. However casting the horoscope using sidereal zodiac and its analysis causes some doubts in my mind. Would you please provide the following data, if it is not very inconvenient, so that i can rectify the chart and present my finding.

1.Exact longitude and lattitude of your place of birth. Different hospitals in London may have different Longitude and Lattitude.

2. Birth details of your parents.

By now, if everything has gone right, you must have known the sex of the oncoming child.
As it is, the horoscope, does not promise any surgical intervention.

Mohit

Dear Mohit,

I am afraid I don't know my parent's birth details. I am adopted.

I do not know the baby's gender either.

The longitude and latitude of my place of birth is latitude: 52.13 longitude: -0.45

I hope that helps clarify for you and I look forward to your response!

April.

mohit said:
Dear April

Let me first say that the reply of Del is very interesting, informative and thought provoking. However casting the horoscope using sidereal zodiac and its analysis causes some doubts in my mind. Would you please provide the following data, if it is not very inconvenient, so that i can rectify the chart and present my finding.

1.Exact longitude and lattitude of your place of birth. Different hospitals in London may have different Longitude and Lattitude.

2. Birth details of your parents.

By now, if everything has gone right, you must have known the sex of the oncoming child.
As it is, the horoscope, does not promise any surgical intervention.

Mohit

MichelleAnderson

mohit I'm glad that I'm not the only one who had some questions about that reading. I am looking forward to hearing what you have to say. Hopefully you can work with things without her parents' info.