career choices

jjgirl67

Hi to all!!!!!!! I'm in limbo, hanging on to see if a business purchase is going to go through which will mean making a move. The business is a florist and a greenhouse so I'd be dealing with flowers, plants,outdoor living accessories and the public. I'm excited about it yet have so many doubts about what I'm "supposed" to be doing with my life. I have to say i've been frustrated with my career options thus far for reasons mostly to do with lack of self esteem and fear of failure. Saturn in the 1st house maybe has something to do with that! Just wondering if any of you see any obvious pointers as to career strengths or weaknesses. I enjoy making art of all sorts, architecture, interior and exterior design as well as writing. Does it look like I have what it takes to run a successful business and be a good leader? I like to consider myself entrepreneurial but often don't finish what I start, lose interest, get excited by something else or get consumed with my fears and just stop short.

I really need some help here. I have so much on my plate right now. Any thoughts or advice from any of you??
Thanks so kindly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.noutati.info/mychart/hor...=-75.2&s=p&cj=8&sx=4&sq=8&tr=8&op=8&mi=0&ex=0

I tried to paste the link so the chart would show up here but it showed a chart with everything jumbled up? How do I hget the chart to shoew up within this box?

I hope wheerever you all are that it's coolr than it is here in Northern CA. We;re supposed to hit 110 this weekend!!

Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
Being a leader

jjgirl,

You said:
...business purchase...a florist and a greenhouse...have so many doubts about what I'm "supposed" to be doing with my life...lack of self esteem and fear of failure. Saturn in the 1st house...career strengths or weaknesses...Does it look like I have what it takes to run a successful business and be a good leader?...often don't finish what I start, lose interest, get excited by something else or get consumed with my fears and just stop short....I have so much on my plate right now...

It seems to me you answered your own question! ;) Does a good leader and successful business person have a "lack of self esteem and fear of failure"? No, they do not. They trust themselves to do the right thing and have confidence in their abilities to overcome obstacles. Do business leaders not "finish what they start, lose interest...just stop short"? No, they complete their projects and find things which DO interest them.

As you say, Saturn (duty, also restriction, structure) focused in the 1rst house (being, also action) can cause person to be restricted about themselves. The challenge is to overcome this restriction and to structure themselves and their actions. And Mars (being, also action) square (energy is combined with) Jupiter (expansion, wisdom) can create a lot of wasted, over-expansive actions. The challenge is to work knowledgeably with what is "on your plate"...before you put even MORE on your plate. And Libra (relationships) modifying Mars, can indicate a person who balances out the inter-relationships of all their options, unable to decide on a course of action. The challenge is to look at the options fairly, choose one of the options, and to take action on that chosen option.

Which brings me to what a "leader" is. The simplest definition of a "leader" is someone who has followers. In order to have followers, the leader needs to be going somewhere. In order to go somewhere the leader needs to have vision, an idea in their head of what the perfect situation/business/world would be. Next the leader has to have a message, a way to tell people exactly what they have to do to make that vision a reality. And, finally, a leader needs to communicate that message to others, so that others can help the leader make their vision a reality.

What is your vision for this business? What would the perfect flowershop and greenhouse look like? How can your flowershop and greenhouse look like your vision? Why would people cross the road to get to your flowershop and greenhouse? What special things are there at YOUR flowershop and greenhouse that they can't get anywhere else? Answer these questions, find some followers to help make your vision a reality, and your new business should do fine! :)

Mostly astrologically, ;)

Tim

jjgirl67

Re: Being a leader

Thanks Tim, I agree with what you wrote. The bottom paragraph is fine advice for anyone going into business. I do have the vision and many ideas for improving an already greatly successful business. I do have plenty of confidence in the area of concept development but I suppose I grow weary at times...long story but probably has a lot to do with an abusive and critical childhood and parents who were down right cruel. Strange that as an adopted child you'd think you'd end up in a family that really, really wants kids but somehow my adoptive family got to have both me and my brother only to tear us down and ultimately abandon us again. Their voices are hard to silence.

The hardest thing is making the decision. It's complicated with the fact I would be relocating to a new state, which I feel is best to relocate anyway due to the high cost of living in CA. I see so many possibilities it's so hard to decide and often end up feelig a bit paralyzed. This is definately a life lesson, to act before the ship sinks. I've been on a few sinking ships already and didn't get off in time.

I feel so entirely self indulgent here but may I ask what you might see as feasible career choices in my chart? Can you see creative abilities? I used to be in drama and did many live performances, was also a model in my teens, I miss all of that but also am quite content gardening, painting, designing and writing. Mostly, I need to create a financially stable environment for my son as I'm not counting of much support from soon to be x.

I guess I'm just looking for confirmation in my chart that this sort of business fits the overall picture of my chart. Seeing that I'm separating from my husband (and at 39 with a young son it may be difficult to find another relationship) so I hope at least I can be fulfilled and self sufficient in my career!! The stronger I am within myself the better mom I can be.

Strange thing to be asking maybe I should already know these things!~!! Still a bit of the lost little girl in me.

Thanks so very kindly!!!

Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
Thinking as a child/career

jjgirl,

You said:
I grow weary at times...probably has a lot to do with an abusive and critical childhood and parents who were down right cruel...The hardest thing is making the decision...I see so many possibilities it's so hard to decide and often end up feelig a bit paralyzed...what you might see as feasible career choices in my chart? Can you see creative abilities?

A major challenge everyone goes through is, when we are children, we are new to our energies and unable to own them for ourselves. As a result, we end up projecting them on others, so we experience all the challenges indicated in our birth chart as challenges from the outside world in some way. When we get older, we have a chance to grow into our energies and to begin to own them. This means that we have to set aside the "dead past" and learn that our future depends on what WE create out of our own energies. So we have to overcome the habits we have had for much of our lives as children in giving away our energies, and begin to own and act on our energies for ourselves.

Saturn in the 1rst house is VERY strong energy for building up yourself...if you learn how to OWN the energy for yourself. Saturn in the 1rst will help you structure what YOU want to do. But you will need to take a structured approach to yourself. You also have Taurus (physical, also money) modifying Venus (physical, also money) conjunct (energy is combined with) your North node (future goals), so you can be VERY practical when you focus your attention. So let's take a structured approach to your money issues.

How much money do you HAVE to have in order to live in a decent neighborhood with an occasional meal outside the house? What is the cost of living in the cities you are considering moving to? Do you have enough money right now to afford any of those cities comfortably? As you know, starting up a new business takes time and most businesses LOSE money the first few years they are open. You will need to have ready cash and a lot of patience in order to make any business work.

As to careers, since you have a strong Saturn (duty, also career) and aspecting Capricorn (duty, also career) modifying Moon (home) focused in the 10th house (duty, also career), a career in home furnishings of some type makes sense. And with a Grand Trine (very easy energy) in Material signs, an earthy career in flowers and greenhouses also makes sense. The thing to remember is to move towards your Taurus (practical, also values) North node. What do YOU value in a career? What is important to you? Find that, work on it, and you should find yourself feeling very fulfilled in your life.

Careering,

Tim

jjgirl67

Thank you so kindly for your thoughtful response. So helpful and generous!!!!:) I feel a bit spoiled now!!

The floral and greenhouse business is already established, over 20 years, and profitable. Being practical this would be better than moving to say Boise which appears to be growing by leaps and bounds (and I love all the trees there) but I'd be starting from ground 0. I could probably only support myself for a year after investing in inventory and upfittings if I go for a retail operation but could instead build another service business such as what I do now. I still don't know if the florist deal is going to close, still a few hoops to jump through however, it seemed that doors have been opening there and I even found a great deal on a house share with a woman who lives on the east coast 80% of the time. I'd be saving a lot of money and still have a 3bd 2bth home to myself as she would only be reserving the finished basement for herself during her 3 or 4 visits per year. And, did I mention it's only 2 miles distance from the business? There has been some syncronicity but it is still yet to be known if it will go through. In the meanwhile waiting on the edge of my seat not knowing if I'll be packing next week for Colorado or running off to Hawaii...yet another fantasy! : )

I'd like it if you would expand on your idea that as children we experience our energies from the outside in until at some point we can own them ourselves. I can understand this to a great extent BUT where then does the responsibilty and blame lie for the abuse inflicted on a child, an animal or any living creature?

I worry about my son
http://www.noutati.info/mychart/hor...-122.4&s=p&cj=8&sx=4&sq=8&tr=8&op=8&mi=0&ex=0

he inherited my Saturn Sun conjunction so now thinking he may have similar experiences with his father. There is already a great deal of emotional distance between them, with rejection on both sides. It breaks my heart.

How do we protect our children from experiencing those projected energies in a harmful way? I mean, if what you're saying is true and say a child had pluto cjnt mars square neptune (or something like that- My adotped brother has a t square and a grand cross, spent many years in jail and again much violence in the home) how could you protect him or prevent the likelihood of drugs, violence etc??

Thanks Tim. I look forward to your reply.

Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
thinking as a child

jjgirl,

You said:
I'd like it if you would expand on your idea that as children we experience our energies from the outside in until at some point we can own them ourselves. I can understand this to a great extent BUT where then does the responsibilty and blame lie for the abuse inflicted on a child, an animal or any living creature? I worry about my son...as he inherited my Saturn Sun conjunction so now thinking he may have similar experiences with his father...emotional distance between them, with rejection on both sides...How do we protect our children from experiencing those projected energies in a harmful way?

When we come into this world we need to be protected from the dangers around us, because we can not protect ourself. We are forced to accept that our future is in the hands of those around us, and give our energy to them. As we get older, we begin to rebel against these "hands" as we try to get back the energy we so freely handed over. This rebellion continues as become ready to go out on our own as adults. As a result, there is ALWAYS some type of conflict between child and adult, as children fight the adults to get back their own energies so they can use their energies in their life.

Now consider that these energies in the child are the things which define the child and help make the child who it is, and that these energies in the child interact in certain ways and focus on certain things. From this we see that these energies are a point of view for the child. Everything in the inner/outer world is filtered through these energies, causing the child to see the world in a certain way. This means that, no matter what happens inside/outside us, the child will see things in the way that flows best with our energies. If the child has many challenges in our energies, they think the inner/outer world is or should be challenging. If the child has many easy flows in our energies, the child thinks the inner/outer world is or should be easy.

This does not mean that our inner/outer world IS any of these things...it only means the child SEES their inner/outer world this way, because of their point of view. The child SEES the world a certain way, and come to believe it is that way, because that's what their energies "tell" us. Sometimes this works out very negatively, since the child has VERY challenging energies, which attract to us people who are mean or cruel to the child. For other children, the challenges are not life threatening, but affect how they interact with their parents and others. For example, using your Sun's chart, with Saturn (duty, also restriction, authority) conjunct Sun (self-expression) conjunct Midheaven (outer world), he tends to see the authorities (including parents) in the outer world as restrictive...no matter WHAT the parent does!

This can be VERY frustrating for parents, as they discover than to matter what THEY do, the CHILD will see them in a certain way, depending on how the child's energy interacts and where it is focused. In order to help the child as much as possible, the parent can come to understand the point of view of their child and work to help the child accept their own energies, while the parents prepare their child for going out into the world on their own. And this means, after a certain later time in a child's life (usually around the late teen years), the parents protect them less and allow the child to have their own experiences in life. The parents can then talk with the child about their experiences, and help them to understand those experiences in the child's own way.

This process of the child becoming a separate adult is always very difficult, both for the parent and the child, since the parent began their experience with the child in sharing the child's energy and the child came to expect that that energy sharing would continue forever. But, in order for the child to become an adult, a break must be made, so that the child owns their energies for themselves, both the easy energies, and the challenging ones. This process takes a LONG time and only comes to anything like a "completion" during the Saturn return, at ages 28-30, when we are forced by circumstances to "put away childish things" and to become an adult, separate from our parents.

Adulterated,

Tim

Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
reverse the chart

jjgirl,

Reverse the AM and PM and you reverse the chart. So what what was conjunct the Midheaven is now conjunct the Nadir (inner world). So we add "inner world" in place of the previous description. With Saturn (duty, also restriction, authority) conjunct Sun (self-expression) conjunct Nadir (inner world), he sees authorities as somehow restricting his inward self-expression somehow. Also with Pluto (transformation, also power) conjunct Midheaven (outer world), he feels overpowered by the outer world. When he comes to own his power, this will turn into a need to be powerful in the outer world.

Reversing,

Tim