Robin williams....

Drsendero

I just learned why Robin Williams' chart is calculated in CST rather than CDT on astro.com and astrotheme.

In Chicago in the 1950s, birth certificates had to register the time of birth in CST even during daylight savings time. (A strange law indeed.) So, daylight savings time was in effect but the law required the time of birth to be listed in standard time.

So, his correct chart should be the 0 Scorpio rising chart, reflecting the daylight savings time that was in effect. Astro.com and astrotheme appear to be posting an incorrect chart.

I suppose that astrologers doing charts for births in Chicago in the 1950's (before July 1, 1959 actually) should be aware of this strange law.

Here's the source of my information: http://m.galacticcenter.org/main/articles-and-case-studies/time-changes.html

unique_astrology

It is possible that with every clock and personal watch in the city set to DST that the recorded time was in DST instead of the invisible CST (out of site - out of mind).

In doing charts for 2 events in his life and using approximate times that could be in the ballpark for the events it is a birth time using CDT that yields symbolism appropriate for those events on the angles of the charts.

Laws may be passed but not followed. Try thinking about laws forbidding discrimination because of race, age, or gender.

Practically every clock and watch in the city was likely set to DST. Easy to forget to make the mental correction for some, perhaps many, when recording times while that law was in effect.

The 1 hour difference would make a difference of about 15 degrees on the MC not only to the birth chart but to all subsequent or derivative charts.

Last edited:

claudette

thank you, drsendero and unique for this discussion on how time was recorded on births, etc in Chicago in the 50's.

I took many workshops from Zip Dobyns, and I clearly remember her bringing this up.

It seems one could never know for certain how the time was recorded. What was that hospitals policy? Did all of the nurses attending births make the adjustment in time or just write down the time on the clock or their watches in the busy scene of a birth? It seems to me we couldn't possibly know. It's possible different nurses, etc, had a habit of using one or another.

I suppose one could do some rectifications in relation to important life events, or check Sabian Symbols and look at the different descriptions there.

Marinka

Ok .. just to make it even more confusing ...

if the birth was in a Catholic hospital - looks like the nurses would use the clock time.

Marinka

Marinka, I'm curious; why do you think Catholic hospitals would be more inclined to use CDT?

I never researched why this seemed to occur so I'm not able to offer a statement based in fact. Although, I could put out an opinion that it could be due to state and church separation.

serafin5

serafin5

R.I.P. Robin Williams

What saddens me the most is the fact that "funny" does not mean "happy" and due to this illusion he might have been miserable for quite some time and nobody has even noticed...

Really just goes to show that depression is a life threatening condition and must be treated.

I agree with my whole heart! I have also been concerned for another loved funny-man who also suffers from depression and that is Jim Carrey. Maybe with Mr. Williams passing those close to him won't allow him to get so down, ya know?

God bless us everyone!
Serafin5