Are there any positives to having a packed 8th house....

Status
Not open for further replies.

anne3

Banned
This 8th house has several things to consider:
~ Mercury combust
~ Cazimi Moon
~ Sun in fall
~ Pluto detrimental
~ Mars detrimental
~ Saturn/Neptune favorably aspecting Pluto
~ Jupiter favorably aspecting cazimi Moon, Sun

Venus is not in 8th house.

Collectively,it may point to good inheritance (home) and liabilities of inheritance. The 8th house has a lot to do with occult and may incline towards occult.

Are liabilities of inheritance and occult good or positive? Is there anything else?

dhundhun

Are liabilities of inheritance and occult good or positive? Is there anything else?

The 8th house is related to occult, regeneration, transformation. Most of the houses/planets operate in different way. The 8th house
~ At basic level - sex
~ At business level (worldly) - joint finances, stock market, running sick units, people working in finances, properties of spouse, properties coming through inheritance
~ At spiritual level - Occult, communication with other world, etc.

My feeling is that it might significantly incline you towards occult with age, because planets are weak. They may not offer much to worldly success.

Good or bad is relative feeling.

Vista

Maybe looking at the glass half empty or a doom and gloom outlook is an 8th house stellium trait too because that's how you sound. No chart is perfect and we all have lessons to learn in life. Why are you just focusing on your 8th house stellium? Quite honestly you have a very easy chart, unusual but easy all the same. What's more, while you might have Neptune inside your 10th, it's part of a talent triangle with Saturn and Mars/Pluto. Many actors and creative people have Neptune inside their 10th.

You don't seem satisfied with any answers that have been given and aren't saying thank you to anyone for their time. What's the real problem here in your life that is making you unsatisfied?

Last edited:

anne3

Banned
Maybe looking at the glass half empty or a doom and gloom outlook is an 8th house stellium trait too because that's how you sound. No chart is perfect and we all have lessons to learn in life. Why are you just focusing on your 8th house stellium? Quite honestly you have a very easy chart, unusual but easy all the same. What's more, while you might have Neptune inside your 10th, it's part of a talent triangle with Saturn and Mars/Pluto. Many actors and creative people have Neptune inside their 10th.

You don't seem satisfied with any answers that have been given and aren't saying thank you to anyone for their time. What's the real problem here in your life that is making you unsatisfied?

I thought I was pretty clear about it since the first post and yes maybe looking at the glass half empty is an 8th house stellium trait. I would not be surprised! Do you have an 8th house stellium? Would you know what it is like to deal with all these planets in the darkest house in a chart? I feel like you are judging me for my having a difficult time with my chart.

anne3

Banned
The 8th house is related to occult, regeneration, transformation. Most of the houses/planets operate in different way. The 8th house
~ At basic level - sex
~ At business level (worldly) - joint finances, stock market, running sick units, people working in finances, properties of spouse, properties coming through inheritance
~ At spiritual level - Occult, communication with other world, etc.

My feeling is that it might significantly incline you towards occult with age, because planets are weak. They may not offer much to worldly success.

Good or bad is relative feeling.

That is what I was worried about...that nothing good will come out of the planets that are packed in my 8th house. I have gotten more and more interested in astrology with age as I don't feel much development in my life no matter how much I try. I feel a great deal of suppression and oppression in life and I know that I could direct a lot of energy into helping others deal with difficult life issues because I have dealt with a lot of difficult life issues, but I was hoping there would be a glimmer of something special/uplifting in my 8th house as well to balance out the darkness/heaviness. Thanks for clarifying.

Vista

I think everyone's answers were pretty clear as well. Astrologers on this forum give their time freely so being unappreciative is not the way to go. No 8th house stellium but I would gladly take your chart over mine, trust me, you would not want my chart or what I am dealing with right now because there isn't one area in my life going well. I think if you ask about a specific problem in your life such as "I am at a standstill in my career what would be a good direction to take," or "is there a relationship on the horizon for me" rather than "is there anything positive about the 8th house," I believe you will get more satisfying responses. Also, a little background about you is helpful too.

While all these planets are placed inside your 8th house, as you know they rule other houses. What you need to look at is how they are aspected and their dignities and debilities as some of the astrologers have pointed out for you. You can't buy into all the cookbook astrology interpretations example an 8th house stellium and Neptune in the 10th house or you will become depressed like you seem to be. I would focused on that talent triangle I mentioned involving Neptune, Mars/Pluto, and Saturn. Mars and Pluto rule your MC. Neptune is in Sag and Mars and Pluto are in Libra. Look at careers that involve these two signs but mostly Libra as the 6th house of work is ruled by the Moon is also in Libra. I think Libra ruled careers with be the most gratifying for you.

I assume when Saturn went through your 8th house and conjunct one planet after another was a difficult time. I imagine you had a loss of a loved one among some of the 8th house issues. I do understand this as Saturn is moving through my 8th as well for the second time.

I thought I was pretty clear about it since the first post and yes maybe looking at the glass half empty is an 8th house stellium trait. I would not be surprised! Do you have an 8th house stellium? Would you know what it is like to deal with all these planets in the darkest house in a chart? I feel like you are judging me for my having a difficult time with my chart.

anne3

Banned
I think everyone's answers were pretty clear as well. Astrologers on this forum give their time freely so being unappreciative is not the way to go. No 8th house stellium but I would gladly take your chart over mine, trust me, you would not want my chart or what I am dealing with right now because there isn't one area in my life going well. I think if you ask about a specific problem in your life such as "I am at a standstill in my career what would be a good direction to take," or "is there a relationship on the horizon for me" rather than "is there anything positive about the 8th house," I believe you will get more satisfying responses. Also, a little background about you is helpful too.

While all these planets are placed inside your 8th house, as you know they rule other houses. What you need to look at is how they are aspected and their dignities and debilities as some of the astrologers have pointed out for you. You can't buy into all the cookbook astrology interpretations example an 8th house stellium and Neptune in the 10th house or you will become depressed like you seem to be. I would focused on that talent triangle I mentioned involving Neptune, Mars/Pluto, and Saturn. Mars and Pluto rule your MC. Neptune is in Sag and Mars and Pluto are in Libra. Look at careers that involve these two signs but mostly Libra as the 6th house of work is ruled by the Moon is also in Libra. I think Libra ruled careers with be the most gratifying for you.

I assume when Saturn went through your 8th house and conjunct one planet after another was a difficult time. I imagine you had a loss of a loved one among some of the 8th house issues. I do understand this as Saturn is moving through my 8th as well for the second time.

I am perfectly appreciative of people who help me. Asking follow up questions or clarifications is not as you say "being unappreciative" or "being unsatisfied with the responses of others". I don't need a moderator berating me for not saying thank you or explaining how I should phrase questions. If there is a specific rulebook on how to ask questions on this board or how to answer to other's posts on this board, please do direct me as well as everyone else on this board in that direction.

Trust me I am going through a ton of stuff too - I suspect many if not most of the people asking questions on this board are going through issues. Would you like my August 2014? Got dumped by my boyfriend of a year, got laid off from my job, and found out an old ex boyfriend ridiculed me in front of all his friends. All this happened within the first two weeks of August 2014 alone. On top of that, have long standing major family issues, health issues, not married, no kids, putting myself back out on the dating market while unemployed - well you tell me how attractive an option of an almost 40 year old unemployed woman is. Hoping for a job interview at my age and in this economy is just slightly daunting.

But this is not a competition - everyone has issues. Just because you deem my chart "easy" does not mean in actuality that my life is easy. And just because you think others' answers were clear, does not mean they were clear TO ME...the person who asked the initial question.

Last edited:

Vista

Not saying thank you for responses is not being appreciative and that's exactly what you are being and if I want to point this out it's my prerogative "as a moderator." BTW, more of your negative spinning and victimization of what I said when in all actuality I was explaining on how to be more specific about your questions and trying to give you examples of ways you might get more helpful answers. There was no intentional berating. But honestly I am not sure why I have bothered because you are a negative snot.

Your problems are no different than anyone else including mine. In fact, my list is twice as long as yours. Want to compare? Oh that's right I don't qualify because I don't have a "packed 8th house." I wouldn't want to anyways because there is no point, life goes on! Maybe you should look at the "haves" instead of the "have nots." There are people starving and fighting for their lives. It could always be worse.

As for the guidelines, they are there right on the main board for all to read. Since you are the relatively new person here perhaps you ought to familiarize yourself with them like everyone else instead of expecting to be directed to them.

I am perfectly appreciative of people who help me. Asking follow up questions or clarifications is not as you say "being unappreciative" or "being unsatisfied with the responses of others". I don't need a moderator berating me for not saying thank you or explaining how I should phrase questions. If there is a specific rulebook on how to ask questions on this board or how to answer to other's posts on this board, please do direct me as well as everyone else on this board in that direction.

Trust me I am going through a ton of stuff too - I suspect many if not most of the people asking questions on this board are going through issues. Would you like my August 2014? Got dumped by my boyfriend of a year, got laid off from my job, and found out an old ex boyfriend ridiculed me in front of all his friends. All this happened within the first two weeks of August 2014 alone. On top of that, have long standing major family issues, health issues, not married, no kids, putting myself back out on the dating market while unemployed - well you tell me how attractive an option of an almost 40 year old unemployed woman is. Hoping for a job interview at my age and in this economy is just slightly daunting.

But this is not a competition - everyone has issues. Just because you deem my chart "easy" does not mean in actuality that my life is easy. And just because you think others' answers were clear, does not mean they were clear TO ME...the person who asked the initial question.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.