North Node, Black Moon Lilith and Priapus: Interpretation

Awaken to Silence

Hello,

Here is my situation, which perplexes me:

North node: 6th house; 14° Pisces
South node: 12th house; 14° Virgo
Lilith: 12th house; 11° Virgo
Priapus: 6th house; 21° Pisces

This is quite confusing to me. As I understand it, north node is what we need to work towards and perhaps try to ignore. South node is what is overdeveloped and what we need to move away from.

Also Lilith is what is shadow within us, often what is ignored. I'm not entirely sure about the meaning of Priapus.

I also have Ceres in 6th house, 24° Pisces. Also Sun in 12th house, but within about 3° of the cusp of the 1st.

Aspects:

North node square Pholus: 9th house; 14° Gemini
North node quincunx Venus: 11th house; 15° Leo
North node oppose Lilith: 12th house; 11° Virgo
North node semi-square Moon: 4th house; 28° Capricorn
South node square Pholus: 9th house; 14° Gemini
South node semi-sextile Venus (if you want to count that): 11th house; 15° Leo

I think that's pretty good. I'm just wondering how you'd interpret this? 6th house has to do with work and health, but this one is in Pisces. My desired field is spiritual teaching, so Pisces might point to that.

What's really getting me is South Node, which is supposed to be what is overdeveloped, right next to Lilith, which is supposed to be shadow. It seems contradictory. How would you interpret this in the 12th house in Virgo?

Any help is appreciated. Sorry for the long post.

wilsontc

Staff member
North and South node, to Awaken

Awaken,

You said:
Here is my situation, which perplexes me:

North node: 6th house; 14° Pisces
South node: 12th house; 14° Virgo...

This is quite confusing to me. As I understand it, north node is what we need to work towards and perhaps try to ignore. South node is what is overdeveloped and what we need to move away from...

I'm just wondering how you'd interpret this?

For interpreting the nodes, I find it is simplest to simply look at the nodes and ignore the rest of the chart for a moment. The houses are the What and the signs are the How. And, as you say you use your South node talents to develop your North node goals.

So you are moving from a place of routine and daily work (6th house) to a place of spirituality and spacelessness (12th house). This suggests that you might be interested in developing spiritual pursuits of some kind. The 12th house is also associated with hospitals, so that might be an interest as well.

Then the sign indicates How you do your nodal work. So there is a spiritual side (Pisces) to your daily work, and a "work-like, step by step" (Virgo) approach to the way you develop your spiritual side.

And if this doesn't sound like you...maybe you could start work to develop these skills and find a whole new "level" of existence!

Nodally,

Tim

Awaken to Silence

Re: North and South node, to Awaken

Awaken,

You said:

For interpreting the nodes, I find it is simplest to simply look at the nodes and ignore the rest of the chart for a moment. The houses are the What and the signs are the How. And, as you say you use your South node talents to develop your North node goals.

So you are moving from a place of routine and daily work (6th house) to a place of spirituality and spacelessness (12th house). This suggests that you might be interested in developing spiritual pursuits of some kind. The 12th house is also associated with hospitals, so that might be an interest as well.

Then the sign indicates How you do your nodal work. So there is a spiritual side (Pisces) to your daily work, and a "work-like, step by step" (Virgo) approach to the way you develop your spiritual side.

And if this doesn't sound like you...maybe you could start work to develop these skills and find a whole new "level" of existence!

Nodally,

Tim

Tim,

Thanks for the comment. I thought South Node was also what we needed to move away from? Is this not necessarily always true?

Actually my North Node was in the 6th house in Pisces, and South Node in 12th in Virgo. Perhaps it just means that I've developed my spirituality to quite a lengthy extent (Virgo), even in past lives, and now I'm moving towards bringing that spirituality into my work in the world?

The only part I was confused about was about moving away from South Node.

Also how would you interpret Lilith in 12th house Pisces?

Thanks very much for your reply. It helps a lot.