Why am I a very logical person?

Julian

Banned
Waybread, not sure why you refer to what famous people think when you probably already know my style is to reach astro conclusions only based on direct observations of personally known natives.
Along these lines (unless Julian is stepping up to the plate), feel free to share any of your personally known natives’ charts as illustrations of why you seem less concerned than I about a wide and/or flexible orb policy moving one’s use of astrology in the direction of cherry-picking poetry (still an interesting hobby I suppose).
In the meantime, I expect I’ll continue to collect observations such as (in relation to a Sun 120 Jup):
-tighter than one degree = fairly assured ?social ?success (define to taste);
-betw 1.3-ish and 2.3-ish degrees = might be superseded by conflicting aspects;
-looser than 3-ish degrees = the native won’t stand out ?socially (define to taste) unless as a result of another aspect.
I understand without puffed-up orbs those ignoring minors and/or relying on inherently-limited, cloud-provided astro functionality will suffer a shortage of raw aspectual data to play with but, again please, direct observations are more persuasive.
What about Sun 0 Jupiter? Hehe

Slenkar

first house ruler in third house is supposed to give you gemini qualities

this might be what makes you logical, also a chatterbox

the planet is the moon which also represents part of the mind

waybread

Krewster, I am really perplexed by your post. To which "famous people" do you think I referred? Some little-known astrologers? I cited them so you could look up their work, if you wished; or at realize that I wasn't somehow just making this up.

If you dislike the way I-- and many others-- do astrology in the matter of orbs, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I still don't know how or if you work with midpoints, but no matter.

Julian, I fear some of my exchange with Krewster has veered off your chart, but I hope we have illustrated that astrology offers a lot of complexity, once we move beyond the entry-level material.

Julian

Banned
Krewster, I am really perplexed by your post. To which "famous people" do you think I referred? Some little-known astrologers? I cited them so you could look up their work, if you wished; or at realize that I wasn't somehow just making this up.

If you dislike the way I-- and many others-- do astrology in the matter of orbs, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I still don't know how or if you work with midpoints, but no matter.

Julian, I fear some of my exchange with Krewster has veered off your chart, but I hope we have illustrated that astrology offers a lot of complexity, once we move beyond the entry-level material.
It doesn't matter, because I didn't read anything of the things you two said. Sorry if it sounds mean, but I just didn't understand.

waybread

Julian, no problem. We don't post in order for you to stroke our sensitive little feelings!

I hope we did at least indicate that sometimes if astrology at the entry level "doesn't sound like you," there is more to get to that may make more sense. Students have to learn algebra before they move onto calculus.

A midpoint is basically the point between any pair of planets. If someone has Mars at 0 degrees Aries and Venus at 0 degrees Taurus, the Mars-Venus midpoint is at 15 degrees Aries. We would think of Mars and Venus as way out-of-orb, but suppose the person's moon is at 15 Aries. It will tie in Mars and Venus in ways that we wouldn't get from just looking at orbs.

Introductory astrology sources correctly stick with the major aspects (like oppositions and trines,) but you can divide the 360-degree horoscope any way you like. 360/7 gives us the septile aspects, of roughly 51, 103, and 154 degrees. 360/9 gives us the novile aspects of 40, 80, 120 (trine) and 160 degrees. And so on.

Some astrologers work with minor aspects, some don't. Those of us who do might convert them into a special kind of chart called a harmonic chart, which is basically just another way of showing planets' relationships in light of a particular aspect.

For another thread, perhaps.

Julian

Banned
Julian, no problem. We don't post in order for you to stroke our sensitive little feelings!

I hope we did at least indicate that sometimes if astrology at the entry level "doesn't sound like you," there is more to get to that may make more sense. Students have to learn algebra before they move onto calculus.

A midpoint is basically the point between any pair of planets. If someone has Mars at 0 degrees Aries and Venus at 0 degrees Taurus, the Mars-Venus midpoint is at 15 degrees Aries. We would think of Mars and Venus as way out-of-orb, but suppose the person's moon is at 15 Aries. It will tie in Mars and Venus in ways that we wouldn't get from just looking at orbs.

Introductory astrology sources correctly stick with the major aspects (like oppositions and trines,) but you can divide the 360-degree horoscope any way you like. 360/7 gives us the septile aspects, of roughly 51, 103, and 154 degrees. 360/9 gives us the novile aspects of 40, 80, 120 (trine) and 160 degrees. And so on.

Some astrologers work with minor aspects, some don't. Those of us who do might convert them into a special kind of chart called a harmonic chart, which is basically just another way of showing planets' relationships in light of a particular aspect.

For another thread, perhaps.

Yeah I knew what al those things were except harmonics which now I understand what they are. Thank you.