New job but unsure if I'll stay

Neptune Rising

Hello,

I got a new job a month ago but already I'm unsure if I'll stay. I keep getting the feeling they won't keep me, and if they did, I don't think it would be healthy for me to stay - their values are opposite to mine. It is nice to take a break/lunch without feeling guilty, afterall I believe I am human lol! As people they are nice but their work ethic is something else. The atmoshpere in the office is like a dark cloud of authoritarian pressure made of concrete hanging overhead!!

I asked if I would stay in my current job.
12.48 am, Richmond, UK, 19th April 2007

[img=http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/7481/astro2gw17willistayincuoh0.th.gif]

I = Jupiter retrograde 19degrees Sag in 1st house (same ascendant as natal)
Jupiter is in his own sign, so it is strong.
Moon 20 degrees Taurus in 5th house (exhaletd) I have too much pride?
Job = Venus 8degrees Gemini in 6th house (I took this from ruler of 10th hse)
Partof Fortune = 11th house 25 degrees Scorpio

(It just so happened, I looked out the window and saw Jupiter, hue of orange, rising, lovely!)

P Fort is in house of wishes, my primary hope is to make money in job, I was in dire straits before I started. The moon is nearly opposing it though so that may be a problem. My first salary is going to be late I found out.

Jupiter (me) and Venus (job) seem to be coming into an opposition, seems me and the job will soon be parting. :confused:

Jupiter and Moon (me) are inconjunct this explains my uneasiness.

I thought about using the 6th house to represent the job, which would be Mercury 13 degrees Aries in the 3rd house. Well, that seems to be soon combust by the Sun.

Definately looks like the job and I will be parting soon. Am I right?

Venus is in Mercury's terms
Mercury is in Venus's terms :confused: Mutual reception in terms? But no-one is in Jupiter's terms. :(

Mercury (employee) is moving into a trine with Jupiter (me), but Jupiter is retrograding, does this mean I'm backing out of the idea of being their employee?

I'd apreciate any help, many thanks indeed!

Neptune

Last edited:

archergirl

Hi NR,

Not a bad reading. I might recommend that when creating a chart you *not* click the 'show all aspects' option (in Astrodienst); it garbles up the chart.

It's really a simple chart, if we look at these things:

You (Jupiter)are very strong by being in your own sign and conjunct the angle. Retrograding in this question does indeed mean you are having a change of mind. Being in your own house means... well... you are concerned about yourself! With some justification, I believe.

The Moon is VOC in your chart according to traditional astrology. Since the Moon represents you, and is also very strong in its exaltation, this can signify that *you* feel 'void of course' in this job, and being exalted, feel you deserve better (in the 5th of pleasure). The next aspect, if you include the outer planets, is a square from the Moon to Neptune, which would signify a feeling of disillusionment. Moon then goes void for a long time, until it's next aspect which is a conjunction to Venus. The Moon is peregrine in Gemini, too.

But:

Venus, representing your job, is without dignity in Gemini, peregrine, placed in the 6th house which represents the more 'menial' side of work, and the kind of work that is 'hard'. Venus applies by opposition to Jupiter, and is in the sign of Jupiter's detriment. The job isn't 'good' for you.

But first Venus applies by square to Mars; Mars rules both the 4th (the end of the matter) and the 11th, your hopes. I would suggest that this probably means 'the end of your hopes in the matter'. Mars is placed in the 2nd house: your money; the reason you took the job, probably. A square to Mars from the job may also indicate an acrimonious ending.

On the other hand, if we consider the traditional interpretation for a Void of Course moon (nothing will come of the matter) it *could* indicate that you will stay (e.g. 'status quo'), especially since the Moon's next aspect is to conjunct Venus; this could *possibly* indicate some sort of reconciliation on your part, with the job. But since the moon is without dignity in Gemini, I think this is less likely, especially since Venus is closer to squaring Mars, than the Moon is close to conjuncting Venus. Venus will get to Mars, first, and according to the context of your question, 'nothing will come' of staying in the job.

I do not think you will last this job out. :(

Best wishes,
AG

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

archergirl said:
But first Venus applies by square to Mars; Mars rules both the 4th (the end of the matter) and the 11th, your hopes. I would suggest that this probably means 'the end of your hopes in the matter'. Mars is placed in the 2nd house: your money; the reason you took the job, probably. A square to Mars from the job may also indicate an acrimonious ending.

Hi AG!

Many thanks for looking, and for such an indepth response!

I didn't consider the 4th house end of matter ruler and aspects to it before. Venus (job) squaring Mars (end of matter)(will I stay?). Job in disagreement with this question.

Moon (my emotions) will conjunct Venus (job) whilst both are squaring end of matter Mars, and in detriment of Jupiter (me). Maybe I'll realise I can do the job well, but I'm not staying because its just not 'me', my emotions would suffer if I stayed.

Definately looks like I'll have to update my CV, and tighten the old belt! Its revatilising to change jobs sometimes...again and again :D

Neptune

Last edited:

archergirl

Having a look at your chart, I see you are probably both spectacularly independent and like to be in control, but keep changing your mind about 'who' you are. I suspect you may have some trouble with authority figures, wherever you go; it may be best for you to invent a job where you can be your own boss, or have a boss who gives you so much space you hardly feel s/he is there. ;)

Neptune Rising

Thats true, yes, it gets on my nerves when my boss is looking over my shoulder all the time. My new boss does this and I end up making mistakes where I wouldn't normally. :( Grrrr!

I'm trained to teach yoga, just haven't got around to setting myself up with private lessons. I love doing that for friends! I need to push myself to take that first step and teach a stranger!!

:) Neptune

Neptune Rising

Hi!

I thought I'd add an update here. I passed my 3 month probation at the job today and they were pleased with me, so I'm now a full time permanent employee, and I agreed to stay.

So the void of course Moon means nothing will change. The job did feel really void of course for those 3 months, didn't really know if I was meant to be there or not. Really unsettling. Hopefully it'll be more settled now.

archergirl said:
The next aspect, if you include the outer planets, is a square from the Moon to Neptune, which would signify a feeling of disillusionment. Moon then goes void for a long time, until it's next aspect which is a conjunction to Venus.

Yes, well the disillusionment was definately there, quite depressing really. But I've faced reality and accepted the place where I am is the place I'm meant to be at the moment. No other doors are open just now so I may as well be content. Feel a bit calmer now.

archergirl said:

This may be the utter frustration I felt for a while, whilst I was looking and hoping to escape the job!

archergirl said:
On the other hand, if we consider the traditional interpretation for a Void of Course moon (nothing will come of the matter) it *could* indicate that you will stay (e.g. 'status quo'), especially since the Moon's next aspect is to conjunct Venus; this could *possibly* indicate some sort of reconciliation on your part, with the job.

I've reconciled with the job now, accepted my fate and am going to try and do my best. I've committed to the job, realised I have to commit to something :D, which has eased my inner turmoil. No more sitting on the fence!!

Maybe I'm meant to stay in the job - my boss has North Node conjunct my Saturn, and his Saturn/Pluto in my 10th - eeekk! Very demanding but I'm sure I'll learn loads that will help me. His Uranus in my 12th, I may always have the feeling of uncertainty. The other boss has his Moon and Pluto conjunct my Pluto in my 10th.

Many thanks for the help AG!

I've learned so much about horary with the help of the members of this forum, many thanks!

Neptune

Last edited: