Your Rising Sign and Your Mother's Moon

flea

I have only recently found out my fathers birth time.......his moon is conjunct my jupiter and ascendent....wow. I didn't see that. I have some really strong connections with my MC being conjunct his northnode, venus and saturn. My uranus/pluto is in his first.... so I wonder if I was very unsettling for him?? My sun is in his 4th makes sense.... and we both have saturn in 10th and mars in 8th. Then there are strong chiron connections on top of this.

Love to know my mum's birth time!!

Love Light Flea

flea

Been thinking a lot about this and looking at the charts. I suppose I can see now that there are so many links that I didn't see before... sure rising sign shown in the mother's moon sign can be a clue, but not the only one, and sometimes better shown by other aspects and configurations. It makes sense to me that we have really complicated connections and relative differences to our parents. This complexity reflects the amount of information astrology is able to give us. Maybe the subject of parental astro contact could be a much bigger factor. We tend to leave that alone, and look for the aspects with future or present romantic partners instead. Human nature I suppose. But maybe it is really worthwhile to study the parental chart links to enable us to know more about how we each individually operate in close relationship, good and bad!!!!

Love Light Flea

Bobbi

Hi Flea,
Thankyou for expressing that there are many other factors linking the charts of parents & their children. The other week i found a thread here & it was mentioned that either of the parents on a soul level choose to bring the child in because of a particular karmic reason. It was called 'the who invoked me test'. Start from the 9th house and move anti clockwise, which ever Luminary comes up first either the Sun ( Father ) or the Moon ( mother ) is who has willed you into this life on the subconscious level. So i did the test for all of my family's charts and it all made complete sense. For my own kids incarnation, my eldest son was invoked by his father , which makes complete sense, & my youngest son was invoked by me, which also rings true. You will also probably find that the karmic aspects to each of the parents that invoked the child ,that the karma between them is less, than of the other child. its like we brings in our kids in for the other parent to have the lesson. Im not saying that thats the way it is for everyone...some mothers might be responsible for all their children for karmic purposes & Vive versa. My elsdest sons karma is with me not his father who invoked him, my youngest son has karma with his father & not with me...make sense?? So as Im working with the Pre natal Eclipse at the moment, I put the eclipses in the charts & compared them & guess what i came up with. my youngest sons PNE connects by exact degree to my MOON as I invoked him, my eldest sons PNE doesn't connect to my chart by degree at all. My eldest son's PNE connects with his fathers Mars in same sign by exact degree & the youngest PNE also connects with his fathers Moon. So it makes sense that the PNE connects to the chart of the parent or parents. Between us all we all connect through our charts, but not the exact degree like the PNE brings. anyway just another spin on things I guess. Maybe you could try it & get back to me,,would love to hear of other childrens PNE connecting to the parents chart.
Love & Light
Bobbi

sheila

SiderealSupastar said:
This is pretty neat if it is true. I recently had an astrologer friend of mine, Margie H. tell me that as long as your birth was natural your rising sign should be the same as your mother's moon sign. Then I realized, hey, my mother's moon is in Aquarius and my rising sign is Aquarius! What do ya all think about that?

Does that ring true for anyone else?
No none of my family members match
Their is an old system called Pre-natal epoch
This method is based on the premise that a normal pregnancy takes 280 days or 40 weeks, so it will only work if you are born naturally after a normal length of pregnancy.
To find the date count back 40 weeks or 280 days from the date of birth.
This will take you back more or less to the date of conception.
Look at the position of the Moon on the conception date because this will be located on or around, either the potential ascendant or descendant.
Try it I know several people where it has worked.

flea

ooo, I had a look Boobi,

My mum brought me in and I have so mush stuff that I have worked through with her. The prenatle lunar eclipse is trine her sun. The biggy with her and me is my MC conj her sun and also my venus conj her north node and her chiron conjunct my north node. How much more karmic can you get!!!! I know we have had many many lifes together, and this one is a beautiful healing one, not easy but it is not adding to the karmic bin, it is about emptying it!!

Love Light Flea

Bobbi

Cool Flea, I was so hoping that you would get a match !!!!! Im testing it with some other charts as I go, Im so into working out peoples karmic links. So pleased you are having a healing relationship this lifetime with your mum ...oh so important for us hey, this is great news, thanks for your reply.
love & Light
Bobbi xxxooo

ceres76

Just saw this thread.

As far as fertilization drugs and what is natural conception etc. That's much more a Sun sign concern than an Ascendant concern. For the latter, what makes a real difference is induced labor through Pitocin, or a C section.

But of course on a higher level, we are born when we are supposed to be born.... It's well known that first born births USUALLY - there are always exceptions - are the longest. So are we going to say, "if only I hadn't been a first born, my rising sign would have been such and such."... etc. Obviously that would be silly. The bottom line is, a child is conceived and born when it is supposed to be. Otherwise, it would have happened differently. To some people it may seem simplistic to look at it this way, but it works for me.

And by the way, on that same note, my mother was in labor with me absolutely forever :eek: and she refused intervention - in fact, I was born at home. And as it happens, my Asc. is in my Mother's Moon sign, (and so is my Moon).

In my own case, my labor had to be induced with all my children (it was medically necessary), and so none of them were born when they normally would have been without Pitocin, and none of them have their Asc. in my Moon sign. Though one has also a Leo Moon, and another has his Moon in my sun sign.

It's an interesting theory as is family astrolgoy in general. Looking at the relationships with the parents via the charts, and then look at the chart of the spouse one ends up with -- well, it's real revealing.....

Neat thread.

ceres

sallyd

It's not very likely is it, that a mother of seven or so kids will all have them born with the same ascendant?

It works with me and my mum, me and my son (both me and my son are 'last borns' - maybe that could be the key?) but not with me and my daughter - or my husband and his mum (so bang goes that theory!)

lexia523

hi, i think there is allways a connection with your children, be it astrological or spiritual or both

SUN MOON ASC
MUM Aqu leo sco
1st girl sag sco aqu
2nd girl gem aqu leo

as u can see my moon is in my 2nd daughters rising i think by deg also.
my 1st daughter has her moon as my ass and that is on the same deg (havent provided the deg)
i have a son aries with cancer moon in the gemini rising but with venus/mars aqu conjunction on my sun. i have a stellium in sun venus and mercury in aqu
maybee this is so. they were all born by cesserian section.

Last edited by a moderator:

zodiacman2008

I don't believe there is a correlation between someone's Rising sign and a mother's Moon.My Rising sign is different from my mom's moon.However,I wonder if there is a connection between a person's Moon sign and a parent's Moon sign.My mother has her Moon in Capricorn and her father's was in Capricorn.My Moon is in Gemini and my father's was in Gemini.Ironically enough,my father's Sun in Gemini conjuncts my Moon.

Last edited:

redwolf481

I was 6 weeks early....the docters said I was dying and couldn't breath and was surprised I lived...my mother was rushed to the hospital given pain pills and immediatly afterwords the cut her open while she was still awake and gave her a c section.....

I am a gemini(should of been a leo and very much relate to leo..though my part of fortune is there so I am working towards leo)
with libra rising and pluto in scorpio the first house hitting every personal planet..........trines sun, opposite moon and moon is in 8th house...trine mecury exactly and mars by 1 degree......and opposite venus

my moms moon is in taurus

I don't have a rising sign in taurus but my rising signs ruler venus is in taurus and so is my moon and north node

funny this topic was brought up I realised lately that my chart is my parents charts put together almost exactly.....

my dad is a black blues rock musician in la hes a numerologist to survive(with a number of high profile celebrity clients) and knows everyone in hollywood my dad is talented but cannot organize or discipline himself for success and blames his failures on others and his skin also he is bipolar not in a crazy way(well he is crazy in some ways) other than he has terrible mood swings and is grandios I didn't know my dad until last year and still haven't met him in person....hes never payed for his own apartment and is constantly taking care of by others and is stable in no way(Hes 57) he was supported by mom in dad up to his late 20s and then my mom took care of him for 10 years and then my little sisters mom took care of him for like 10 years and then he moved in with a celebrity friend I can't name and then his fashion designer friend like gave him a house to stay in dtown hollywood hes black blues and rock muscian

my dad is an aquarius rising with jupiter in the first
a libra sun
moon in scorpio
dunno his mercury
venus in libra
mars in sagitarius
jupiter in aquarius
saturn in virgo
uranus in cancer sqaure sun
neptune in libra
pluto in leo

my dad has a stellium in the 8th house

my mother is a white woman who is from one of the most prestigious southern old money families in pensacola florida but her parents raised her in la she rebelled when she was younger but now hangs around people like bush all day and conservative republican christian rich old southern money people.....she is ruled by fear and doesn't learn from her mistakes either just like my dad but she feels like shes a victim.....is very skeptical and critical and reminds me of a virgo

my mother is a leo rising with pluto and venus in the first house

sun in cancer
moon in taurus
mercury I don't remmebr
venus in leo
mars I don't remmeber
jupiter in aries
saturn in virgo
uranus in cancer conjunct sun
neptune in libra
pluto in scorpio

my parents met at an astrology class in the late 70;s in la go figure lol

and me

I haad quite a dark childhood It would take too long to talk about it
I am 23 an actor ...I am thinking about moving to london to do stage and the conservatories I wanna get in are over there
I am trying to learn to ground myself and discipline myself and organize myself as it is quite hard for me......

check this out I am a mix of my parents charts

libra rising(10 degrees in the aquarius decan) with pluto in the first house in scorpio
sun in gemini
moon in taurus(mom) in the 8th house(dad)
mercury in cancer(mom)
venus in taurus(mom) in the 8th(dad)
mars in cancer(mom)
jupiter in aqaurius(dad) in the 5th(mom)
saturn in scorpio
uranus in sagitarius sun opposition uranus
neptune in capricorn
pluto in scorpio

funny huh

blo1277

i had 7 children, I have noticed similarities with my daughters.
i am a capricorn with a gemini moon, my 1 daughter is a pisces a capricorn moon with a gemini rising, 1 daughter is a scorpio with capricorn rising, and another is an aries with capricorn rising also. My sons all have leo moon with leo rising except for one who has a libra moon with a virgo rising.

smilingsteph

I was wondering if any of us without the same rising and moon sign of our mothers, if there are relationship problems?

I have/had a strained relationship with my mother, my rising: aquarius, her moon: Leo

Maybe we both want to be noticed in a different way, hers: loud, mine: wierd

aquarius7000

This is a fun question, like one of those light-hearted astrology questions:)

It works like a charm, for mum and myself, and within the family in general, too. Here are some examples:-

Mum's Moon is Leo, and that's my rising.
Mum's Sun is in Leo & I am Leo Rising; again my mum is Aquarius Rising and my Sun is Aquarian.
Dad's Sun is Taurus and my MC (10th house) is in Taurus
Dad's Rising is Sagittarius and my IC (4th house) is in Sag
Dad's Moon is Virgo, and my Sun is in 6 (6=Virgo)

My brother does quite well in this criss-cross combination with mum&dad, too, but I think this much will do for now.

Btw, I started a thread on a somewhat similar topic only broader, a few weeks back, so for those of you, who might want to have a look at the contributions, here's where the thread is:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9397

:)aquarius7000

libra201

Banned
kizmetbaby said:
There's no denying links in family charts. I think rather than saying something is as specific as your mothers' moon and your rising sign will be the same...in the 20 years I've done this...what I've found is that there will be links...but not necessarily that one.

My mother is an Aquarian with a Leo Moon. Her mother was a Scorpio.

Now then...I am a "natural" birth...BUT...I am a Virgo with a Moon in Aquarius...an 11th House stellium...and a Scorpio Rising Sign.

My children are all c-section babies...and here's what's interesting about that. Although the times weren't planned for the c-sections...my oldest and youngest have Cancer Rising Signs at 2 degrees and at 4 degrees...my middle child has hers in Taurus.

My paternal great grandfather and grandfather...both had their natal sun located at 4 degrees Cancer and 3 degrees Taurus, respectively.

My paternal grandfather has his moon in Cancer.

My paternal grandmother had a Pisces Rising sign...I have natal Neptune in the first house. Her natal Mars is in a tight opposition to my Scorpio Ascendant at 4 degrees Taurus. There are so many links between their charts, mine and my children...that they're too numerous to list here.

The point here is...families are linked whether the birth is natural or by c section. If you read "Astrology Karma and Transformation" by Stephen Arroyo...you might enjoy learning more about how we all have a distinct purpose and plan when we come into this life...and there are choices made, that include free will...but the obstacles presented are part of a greater plan...so to speak.

We are where we're supposed to be.

u seem like u know ur ****, do u have aim? id like to ask u some stuff about degrees and how that works.

SunConjunctPluto

SiderealSupastar said:
This is pretty neat if it is true. I recently had an astrologer friend of mine, Margie H. tell me that as long as your birth was natural your rising sign should be the same as your mother's moon sign. Then I realized, hey, my mother's moon is in Aquarius and my rising sign is Aquarius! What do ya all think about that?

Does that ring true for anyone else?

I'm aquarius rising and my mother's moon is also aquarius. I'm not sure what you mean by a natural birth though, as I was a prem, born shortly after a car accident but it was natural apart from that.

My mother's moon is in Cancer (she's a Taurus) and my rising sign is Gemini, which is my father's Sun sign. My brother (who has a diff. father) is a Cancer Sun, not sure of his rising sign, but he always looked most like my mother. But my mother's Taurus shows up in my chart with Venus in Taurus, and my father as my ascendant and Chiron in Gemini (which is definitely a signifier of him as causing a big pain in the *** wound, 'nough said). My moon is in Aquarius, which if it has anything to do with my relationship to my mother, means that I always felt slightly detached from her, and viewed her more as an obligatory but friendly roommate, rather than as a parent figure. She even told me once that she felt I was so independent it was like I raised myself, golly gee, thanks ma. I was an unexpected child, (Uranus in the house!-the 9th to be exact), my mother was just 19, but if previous posts are correct it seems it was part of her purpose to have me (first planet counterclockwise from 9th house is moon). I have Mercury in Pisces and we always talked well together as long as I didn't bring up politics, and I feel like Pisces might be somewhere in her chart as well, because my sister is a Pisces, again I can talk to my sister, just not get along with her on anything more than a superficial level.

Mostly speculation because I am the only person I have exact birth data for.