Neptune 1st house disillusionment

Scorpiokll

Read that having neptune in the first house causes disillusion..it can cause people to project what they want onto that person. I have neptune in sag right on my ascendant. Marilyn monroe had neptune in the first, not sure of her sign. Just wondering if it also makes me project whatever i want. Any insight us welcome.. Thanks in advance!

kimbermoon

Neptune is associated with many different things; it's energy can be expressed in many different ways and much depends on the aspects it is involved in. The hard aspects are more likely to cause disillusionment, confusion and insecurity, opening the door for betrayal and deception. Easy aspects will be more associated with perception, intuition, psychic sensitivity and creativity.
In assessing any planetary influence, the chart as a whole must be taken into consideration. What aspects does Neptune have for you? What house does it rule?
It's best to post your chart for us to view if you want more concise assessments.

Scorpiokll

Neptune is associated with many different things; it's energy can be expressed in many different ways and much depends on the aspects it is involved in. The hard aspects are more likely to cause disillusionment, confusion and insecurity, opening the door for betrayal and deception. Easy aspects will be more associated with perception, intuition, psychic sensitivity and creativity.
In assessing any planetary influence, the chart as a whole must be taken into consideration. What aspects does Neptune have for you? What house does it rule?
It's best to post your chart for us to view if you want more concise assessments.
Thanks..i posted my chart above/below lol.. I dont think i have bad aspects to it?!

waybread

I have Neptune in the first in most house systems. Neptune deals with both illusion and disillusionment. I once read about people with Neptune in the first having a chameleon-like appearance to others. If we are people-pleasers by nature, we tend to morph into what we think others want to see in us.

This is a good placement for actors, because they must adopt fictional roles, and create the impression of being someone other than their real-life self.

Scorpiokll

I have Neptune in the first in most house systems. Neptune deals with both illusion and disillusionment. I once read about people with Neptune in the first having a chameleon-like appearance to others. If we are people-pleasers by nature, we tend to morph into what we think others want to see in us.

This is a good placement for actors, because they must adopt fictional roles, and create the impression of being someone other than their real-life self.
Good to know about the acting aspects! So if we morph into what we think others want, do we ever show our true selves?

kimbermoon

Neptune at the ASC suggests 'you might express yourself artistically and may come across as gentle, sensitivity and dreamy;' read more at
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/neptuneinhouses.html

Neptune is co-ruler of your 3rd H showing it is especially related to your Mind and Communications with others. You are very sensitive to your environment, and may pick up on subtleties that others miss; you are also apt to pick up on
psychic vibrations that can cause confusion for both yourself and others; your perceptions may often be at odds with others as well, yet your intuition may be quite strong.
As waybread pointed out, you can come across as the chameleon, adapting your personality to different social situations, so yes you can project yourself as you wish to appear. Your projection of self can make you appear naïve at times though, or overly innocent.

You may easily be drawn to music, poetry, romance; your dream life is probably quite active, as a messenger for your inner self. With all your Scorpio energy in the 12th though you may be subject to secret enmity arising from issues of power and control. This may well serve to create scenarios of betrayal or deception, which you need to protect yourself from. Neptune also relates to trust issues, so right action and self-awareness may be part of your karmic agenda.

Scorpiokll

Neptune at the ASC suggests 'you might express yourself artistically and may come across as gentle, sensitivity and dreamy;' read more at
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/neptuneinhouses.html

Neptune is co-ruler of your 3rd H showing it is especially related to your Mind and Communications with others. You are very sensitive to your environment, and may pick up on subtleties that others miss; you are also apt to pick up on
psychic vibrations that can cause confusion for both yourself and others; your perceptions may often be at odds with others as well, yet your intuition may be quite strong.
As waybread pointed out, you can come across as the chameleon, adapting your personality to different social situations, so yes you can project yourself as you wish to appear. Your projection of self can make you appear naïve at times though, or overly innocent.

You may easily be drawn to music, poetry, romance; your dream life is probably quite active, as a messenger for your inner self. With all your Scorpio energy in the 12th though you may be subject to secret enmity arising from issues of power and control. This may well serve to create scenarios of betrayal or deception, which you need to protect yourself from. Neptune also relates to trust issues, so right action and self-awareness may be part of your karmic agenda.

I do have great dreams and i do daydream a lot. I think my past i definetly had betrayal and deception issues/problems. Slowly something changed inside ne and i no longer allow people like that in my life. I definetly now trust my instincts. I do love music and have a very active imagination. Yes i seem to kbiw things and people doubt me cause i dont have facts and when im right im like i told you! Ill check out that link i love learning about all of this..

Scorpiokll

You can if you are clear about who your "true self" is. Not easy with Neptune people-pleasers.

I think im there but i am a hairdresser so for every client i have to "be" someone else. You kind if know what kind if person they like and dont and you just go with it.

Scorpiokll

Wow, interesting about projection and people pleasing. I have Neptune conjunct my Asc, and square Venus in Libra in the 8th and I'd say I'm often lost in myself as a result of trying to become who I, or others, think I need to be. Idealisation. I have from a young age been entranced by fashion for reasons unclear to me until more recently (as all other aspects of my life pointed toward a path of purely academic pursuit).
I ended up going to art school in contradiction to my solid academic arsenal (also conjunct my natal Neptune/Asc is Uranus, all within 6 degrees of one another in my 1st house in Capricorn) which was a huge risk considering the imbalance I had of creative achievement to academic achievement. And I struggled. Maybe the hazy allure of fashion made the reality of the situation difficult to clarify... My academic approach to fashion didn't gel easily, and I got too immersed in all the tiny technical details. (I have the Sun exactly conjunct Jupiter, 3 degrees from Mercury all in Virgo in the 8th).
Long story short, I ended up dropping out to spend the time I needed to de-fog my mind and get a handle on reality which is surprisingly difficult. I'm now an apprentice tailor who deals with the tiny details of hand craftsmanship on a daily basis. In her book about Neptune, Liz Greene says of people with Neptune in the 1st that there is a contradiction between 1st house ruler Mars' activation of birth in many stages of life, and Neptune's avoidance of birth. Upon reading that a lot of things became much clearer to me regarding the way I perceive things, and in the way that my motivation for change seems oddly absent - I'd rather remain in my 'womb' of oblivion.
I find the idea of Neptune very seductive but having more recently been able to understand more about the other side of it I feel as though I've made quite the discovery actually! I'm eager to challenge its influence and see what happens. I feel as though I've just realised I've been taking a sedative all this time or something. It's an odd thing.
Im so glad i got into astrology, i no longer feel odd. Once i understood my scorpio moon everything ive known about people finally made sense. Now i just need to find my purpose, i was given all these gifts for a reason!

alicia

I have Neptune conjunct my Ascendant in 1st Libra, opposite my Moon in Aries 7th. Moon is trine a Venus/Pluto conjunction in 11th in Leo. My sun is Cancer, in 10th. I find this combination of signs and aspects difficult viz relationships.

I don't see people clearly, or they can't see me clearly. The Venus/Pluto trine Moon is push/pull.

I am intuitive but not really psychic. Creative but not confident to explore my creativity. A feeling that many parts of me remain unexplored.

I'd be grateful for any comments.

Inside Out Orange

Further to Waybread's comment, neptune in the 1st makes it hard for the native to see who they are. It'll be interesting to see how you fare over the next year as Saturn hits your 1st house and your neptune. It'll demand that you find out who you are and what you stand for. You're going to have get good at not pleasing everybody.

I think im there but i am a hairdresser so for every client i have to "be" someone else. You kind if know what kind if person they like and dont and you just go with it.

You don't have to be, it's just that one of the neptune traps is that it's always easier to take the easy way out and avoid the conflict.

But you could also turn it round. You're working in hairdressing because it allows you to be different faces to different people. You might then find that as saturn goes through sag and then into the 2nd, that you decide hairdressing is no longer for you.

Ereshkigal

I've Neptune 21°Sag in the first house, opposite Venus and square Mars-Saturn (T-square), and sextile Pluto. Plus I have Uranus conjunct Ascendant (Scorpio) from the 12th.
I never know who I am, I'm always changing things, identity, especially online, and this drives people nuts.
I'm also a writer (or want to be).

muchacho

Oh, that looks familiar. I know someone with that exact same position, Neptune in Sagittarius in the 1st. Somehow there's a connection to the past, suddenly people from the past showing up or trying to make contact. Usually very cheerful, easy-going, straight from the heart and soft-spoken, rudeness and lack of manners is a big no-no. Easily affected by the moods around, especially after spending time in crowds there can be confusion. Needs regular time in silence to regain balance. Bu t very intuitive and a big dreamer. Also very trustworthy, can't really tell a lie. Being deceptive or dealing with deception causes great distress. Can sense deception but can't really deal with it because of fear to offend and cause pain. Likes to do it the easy way, without stress, toil or effort. Very open and receptive and generally optimistic and trusting that things will always work out, therefore lots of serendipitous experiences.

waybread

Neptune in the first house has been discussed above. With Uranus in the first, your appearance may strike others as original or a bit unusual. "Wild" hair that doesn't behave itself may be one manifestation. With Saturn in the first squaring your sun (sense of identity) and opposite moon (your emotional nature,) your feelings may get hurt easier than most people's, and you may be very hard on yourself. However, overall you have a strong chart, with several planets located in the signs they rule. This is called being "domiciled." (Mars traditional ruler of Scorpio, Saturn traditional ruler of Aquarius, Pluto modern ruler of Scorpio, the moon ruler of Cancer.)

See if you can get a good basic book on astrology, or use some of the good on-line sites to learn the basics: planets in signs, houses, and in aspect with one another.

StillOne

You have 3 talent triangles (minor grand trine) in your chart. That's pretty special.

Interesting to note that there's no fire in your chart, very little air, with a larger emphasis on water.

I just recently met a woman with Neptune in the 1st. It was interesting as she seemed to flow easily in her environment and was very chameleon like in adapting to situations.

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
Hello -

Robert Blaschke, a well studied astrologer and humorist, once said in a workshop about the outer planets -

Neptune - "if you don't stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything"

That's pretty much what Neptune in 1st is good at, from the Neptune 1st folks I've met along the way. Failure to take a stand is usually a failure in worldly terms of those around Neptune in 1st. Realists give up on Neptune 1st folks pretty early when it comes to trusting them - but they are always good at a party or openings of enterprise, where they float through the crowd with ease and make everyone feel special for a moment. Neptune in 1st, by itself (unless it's part of the Cap stellium of Saturn/Uranus/Neptune) is the one that no one can remember but no one forgets. Strange Magic.

At the end of the night, though, - it's all smoke and mirrors and the fish swims off into the lonely darkness. Little Mermaids - every one of them. Until they find the most magical place they have ever imagined and then they are there, among it - to create new illusions and dreams.

It's not a bad gig if you can get it. The ultimate iron gypsy in some ways.

waybread

Kitchy, I have Neptune in the first house and this doesn't describe me at all.

The first house is one's outward personality, not one's inner convictions. It is one's body and mannerisms, not the 11th house of friends.

I do think that Neptune tends to dissolve what it touches and gives it a sense of unreality. Consequently, first house Neptune people often become shape-shifters, appearing as what they think other people wish to see in them. There might be a danger in confusing one's sense of self for the first house, which might be very real if the sun is also in the first house.

Trite but true: you do have to look at the entire chart.