South node?

JUPITERASC

NN in Libra 2nd house,
SN in Aries 8th house,
Venus and Mars in Gemini 10th house.
Both in the Placidus house system and whole sign house system.
2nd House = Resources, material comforts, earnings and all issues concerning wealth or of a financial nature.
Personal goods and belongings, assets, income, gain,
money lent to others, profit (or loss when afflicted), support and assistance from others
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h2.html

8th House = All matters relating to death, decay, fear, anxiety and loss.
Unexpected inheritance, wills, legacies and testaments of the deceased
Money belonging to a partner, spouse or other party.
Financial obligations, debts, taxes, loans, losses, money owed to others
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h8.html

10th House
= Employment, profession or trade; also employers and those in command.
Honour, prestige, reputation, power, control, dignity, glory, acclaim, advancement
Likelihood of success relative to one's station in life.
Fame, infamy, notoriety - the public eye.
Unfavourable publicity if afflicted.
The Sun, Jupiter or Venus, if well aspected, indicate professional success
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h10.html

GEMINI ruler is Mercury therefore condition of natal Mercury
including sign, house location and aspects
is another factor to keep in mind
:smile:

rahu

Banned
the nodes are the most censored subject in astrology. the same pallid description of the nodes are espoused my all published authors. but the real value is censored and not allowed into the public mind because the rel understanding of the nodes would put many astrologer and writers out of business. the nodes underlie all other symbols and their affect is shown in the historical record, the psychological record and the spiritual astral record.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63539

rahu

haidee

Okay.. I thank you. :p
So, in relation to the subject of past life and this life time, I'd say, according to the information of the houses (although they can change depending on the system)...In my case, and the ruler of my 10th house sign (Mercury/Gemini) where both my NN sign and SN sign rulers (Venus and Mars) are placed, my guess would be that my "past life problem" was something related to the description of the 10th house, and now in "this life time" I have to learn the traits of Venus - probably in the 10th house as well - so the problem must've been with my 10th house. :andy:

Anyway, I think the past-life thing is interesting.... But, I think in my case, because I guess it's different for everyone, that incorporating the traits of Libra is more important to me. Perhaps, because it's my 2nd house.

Excuse my rambling,
this probably wasn't helpful. xD

JUPITERASC

So, in relation to the subject of past life and this life time, I'd say, according to the information of the houses (although they can change depending on the system)...In my case, and the ruler of my 10th house sign (Mercury/Gemini) where both my NN sign and SN sign rulers (Venus and Mars) are placed, my guess would be that my "past life problem" was something related to the description of the 10th house, and now in "this life time" I have to learn the traits of Venus - probably in the 10th house as well - so the problem must've been with my 10th house. :andy:

Anyway, I think the past-life thing is interesting....
But, I think in my case, because I guess it's different for everyone,
that incorporating the traits of Libra is more important to me.
Perhaps, because it's my 2nd house.

Excuse my rambling,
Past lives possibilities based on a natal chart are interesting
not least because
astrology cannot provide detail such as names, places one lived and so on :smile:

BUT there are some compelling examples of those who clearly do recall a previous life
BOY REMEMBERS PAST LIFE AS HOLLYWOOD 1930'S ACTOR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGdqAzdH_ZE
and there are multiple other cases
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQJXCBknbtQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ESrd3mMop0

Osamenor

Staff member

Anyway, I think the past-life thing is interesting.... But, I think in my case, because I guess it's different for everyone, that incorporating the traits of Libra is more important to me. Perhaps, because it's my 2nd house.

Excuse my rambling,

Based on this information, my first guess is that this is a "finish what you started" lifetime for you. Simply put, the placement of the south node tells you something about what you experienced in that past life and who you were, and so does the placement of your south node's ruler. Anything conjunct your south node or its ruler also represents who you were, what you were identified with.

Placement of the north node and its ruler is, as you've said, what you're striving towards in this lifetime. Anything conjunct the node or its ruler is also part of the "what to strive for" picture. If the north and south node rulers are conjunct, then they both represent the karmic past and the karmic future.

By sign, Gemini is sextile Aries and trine Libra. Your Venus and Mars may or may not be within orb of an actual sextile with your south node/trine with your north, but if they are, they represent both what helped you in the past (though not necessarily what helped you for the greater good; those kinds of placements could represent bad influences or what kept you complacent) and what can help you reach your north node. Tenth house, Gemini... we're looking, probably, at being highly visible in some way, and doing something communicative--teaching, speaking, that kind of thing.

Aries and the eighth house as south node placements can mean many different things, but the interpretation common to both of them is war. With that placement, it's likely that you lived through a war, or some other widescale traumatic experience. North node in the second is about coming to earth, gaining security, grounding. In Libra, it's about finding peace and balance.

With a tenth house placement for your south node's ruler, it's likely that you were a leader in that time of war. Maybe a teacher or speaker, someone who kept morale going. Whatever talent you had in that direction, it's something you can use now, only this time in service of finding peace.

haidee

Based on this information, my first guess is that this is a "finish what you started" lifetime for you. Simply put, the placement of the south node tells you something about what you experienced in that past life and who you were, and so does the placement of your south node's ruler. Anything conjunct your south node or its ruler also represents who you were, what you were identified with.
This is exactly what I was trying to conclude in my last post. :lol:

Placement of the north node and its ruler is, as you've said, what you're striving towards in this lifetime. Anything conjunct the node or its ruler is also part of the "what to strive for" picture. If the north and south node rulers are conjunct, then they both represent the karmic past and the karmic future.

By sign, Gemini is sextile Aries and trine Libra. Your Venus and Mars may or may not be within orb of an actual sextile with your south node/trine with your north, but if they are, they represent both what helped you in the past (though not necessarily what helped you for the greater good; those kinds of placements could represent bad influences or what kept you complacent) and what can help you reach your north node. Tenth house, Gemini... we're looking, probably, at being highly visible in some way, and doing something communicative--teaching, speaking, that kind of thing.

Aries and the eighth house as south node placements can mean many different things, but the interpretation common to both of them is war. With that placement, it's likely that you lived through a war, or some other widescale traumatic experience. North node in the second is about coming to earth, gaining security, grounding. In Libra, it's about finding peace and balance.

With a tenth house placement for your south node's ruler, it's likely that you were a leader in that time of war. Maybe a teacher or speaker, someone who kept morale going. Whatever talent you had in that direction, it's something you can use now, only this time in service of finding peace.

Thank you! That was actually a quite nice description. Especially with the aspects to the nodes, because both planets (Venus and Mars) do actually sextile my South Node and trine my North node. That's quite interesting since sextiles are said to be more natural (and appreciated) for the natives than the trines. :happy:

Osamenor

Staff member
My sun is conjunct the South Node in the 10th.. Plz help.

North Node is in the 4th.

No clue what this means... Do I need to forget myself/ego/career/etc?

Birth charts never direct you to forget anything. Self and ego, you wouldn't exist without. Career, you might exist without... some people never have careers... but we all create a public reputation for ourselves, and tenth house in general indicates public reputation, the way that you're visible to your society. Career gets thrown into that mix because our careers are something we become known for, but even if you never had a career, you would still have a public reputation.

It's a great misconception that you're supposed to throw away everything connected with your south node in favor of the north. South node is about what you've already experienced, already mastered, and north node is the next lesson you need to learn. If you're learning trigonometry, you don't do it by forgetting the counting skills you learned in kindergarten. You don't do it by going back to kindergarten, either--kindergarten is like the south node, you've already completed it and moving on from it. Instead, you learn advanced math by building on those basic skills you learned so well so long ago.

South/north node stories tend to fall into two categories: solve this terrible problem that you're still suffering from (in that case, the south node, its ruler, and aspects involving them paint a picture in which you had terrible things happen to you or did terrible things or both), or finish what you started. The sun's placement, meanwhile, represents what your core personality needs most for its own growth. When the sun is conjunct the south node, that personal growth message matches your south node past. That indicates a "finish what you started" lifetime.

Whatever you started in your past life, you didn't finish before you died. You're still working on it, probably still in relatively early stages. Tenth house placement of the south node indicates that you were highly visible in some way: maybe world famous, or maybe just very well known in your community. Tenth house placement of the sun suggests a need for growth through what you become publicly known for, through being highly visible.

The sign placements of your nodes and sun, whatever they are, add more to the picture, as do aspects involving the nodes and their rulers. Fourth house north node, meanwhile, indicates a need to build foundations, develop the deeper, introverted parts of yourself, build family, put down roots, that kind of thing. For you, though, the way to do that is likely to involve something that makes you highly visible.

Osamenor

Staff member
Thanks! I only mentioned forgetting because I've read things that say that the south node is "taking" something from you as a form of karma, in this case, the sun. As if you are supposed to lose it as a form of punishment, or a lesson.
There are many interpretations of this, but the way I understand it, the south node isn't something to lose, it's something to evolve from. The south node and everything connected to it is your starting point in this life. Depending on the way your evolution goes over your lifetime, you might eventually outgrow some of those south node things, but that's just natural evolution. Just like you don't play with little kids' toys anymore because you outgrew them, but not because you weren't supposed to have them in the first place. It isn't a lesson or a punishment not to enjoy children's toys anymore when you're grown up, it's just part of being grown up.

Other than that, you say that this case may have to do with something being highly visible. My venus is conjunct tightly to my MC, both in Aries.

What does that mean with Venus? It is actually in the 9th, but still conjuncting.
If it's conjunct your MC, its influence is probably most strongly felt in the tenth house area of your life. There might be a glimmer of ninth house to that--you might be highly visible as a fighter for justice (Aries, Venus, ninth house), as a teacher or religious leader (if you are not one at this time in your life, you may have strong interests in that direction), or some such thing--for example.

It's also part of your south node story, because Venus is the ruler of your south node. Conjunct the MC, it reinforces the picture of you being highly visible and a leader. Maybe you were a leader in a resistance movement of some kind (Aries is the sign of the warrior), maybe in a way ninth-house related--involving religion, higher education, morals, that kind of thing.

I haven't seen your full chart (unless you posted it somewhere else I've looked), but this description sounds similar to Starhawk's chart. She has the sun, Mercury, and Mars in the ninth house in Gemini and conjunct the MC. And she is a highly visible person, known as a social justice activist and a leader in the Pagan community... and in her case, the south node ruler is also involved in this--Mercury rules her Virgo south node.

This may sound weird, but how would you relate the topic of homosexuality/bisexuality with this? I bring it up because it is a doubt issue in myself that I'm currently going through, and you mentioned the 10th house being "highly visible." Also, I think Venus has to do with love relationships.. Just wondering what you think.
I don't relate sexual orientation to this, but maybe you do. There's no way to tell someone's sexual orientation in their birth chart, but I suppose there may be chart factors that, for some people, manifest as being LGBTQ.

I have noticed that, out of three charts I've looked at in any depth on here that belonged to people who identify as queer, all of them had either the north node or its ruler in the eighth house. In one case, the south node was also in the eighth, conjunct the north node ruler, and in another, neither node was in the eighth but both their rulers were, and they formed a square to the nodes.

Without seeing your full chart, I don't know if you have the north node ruler in the eighth (your north node is obviously not, and its modern ruler, Pluto, can't be, but depending on where your Mars is, the traditional ruler could be), but you do have the north node in Scorpio... so maybe that's the theme. And Pluto in Scorpio, too?

Many straight people have those placements too, so they don't guarantee what your sexual orientation will be, but eighth house and Scorpio both involve sexuality and taboos... so maybe that's how those placements manifest for you.