what does it means to have saturn in retrograde in your first house?

waybread

A lot depends upon how it is aspected. If Saturn is opposite your sun, it generally confers problems with self-esteem, as Saturn's tendency toward fault-finding gets turned inward. The first house is your body and outward personality, and Saturn rules your bones, teeth, and hair. If Saturn is stressed, you might have difficulties with some of these. For example, Pisces rules the feet so you might have foot problems-- at least later in life.

But these are generalities. A well-aspected Saturn makes a difference.

dr. farr

I have a strong (+) Saturn retrograde in my natal first house: while having caused many delays, this + Saturn has also been very beneficial for me in a number of ways, even though the planet is retrograde (yet another experience regarding rx planets which have led me to wonder about whether the Western concept of rx is all that accurate!)

M

may28gemini

I think it totally depends on how well Saturn operates in your chart. My Saturn is exalted and trines my Sun & Mars, while it conjuncts Jupiter. Saturn happens to be the backbone of my existence.

I have Libra Saturn stationary direct (I guess that's considered Rx but it doesn't manifest that way to me) on my AC exact.

I haven't experienced "delays" like what is generally thought of with Saturn in first house/conjunct AC. If anything, it seemed as if things happened for me at warp speeds- skipped grades, graduated high school early, by the time I was 18 I had moved 22 times, finished undergrads early, completed master's by 23, married at 21, separated at 26, officially divorced when Saturn crossed my chart at 28. I mean, I pretty much operated without any feelings of hinderance or delays. I pretty much got/get to do whatever I want whenever I want.

Last edited: