9th house or MC?

dowhanawi

So I have a question: would you treat The following as 9th house or MC:
9th moon, pisces 29.43 (less relevant them the rest to this particular question)
9th mars, Aries 9.53
9th Jupiter, Aries 17.13
9th Chiron, Aries 17.56
MC Aries 18.02

Yes it's mine,

Rawiri

I would treat the moon as 9th house, and all the rest as 10th house since I consider the cusps as points, not borders.

I imagine most others (who don't use whole sign house system anyway) would consider Jupiter and Chiron as MC due to their proximity to the MC, but they would consider Mars as 9th house (which is where I would differ).

katydid

I would treat the moon as 9th house, and all the rest as 10th house since I consider the cusps as points, not borders.

I imagine most others (who don't use whole sign house system anyway) would consider Jupiter and Chiron as MC due to their proximity to the MC, but they would consider Mars as 9th house (which is where I would differ).

I would consider Jupiter and Chiron as 10th house because of the proximity to the MC, that's correct.

But in this case I would also consider the Mars to have a heavy 10th house influence because it is the ruler of the Aries.MC. But I would consider the 9th house activities as kind of folded in with the 10th. So perhaps teaching and educating others [9th]about their physical self/strengths [mars] would be combined into their career area. [10th]

Jupiter and Chiron in the 10th is kind of a double whammy with the idea of combining teaching/education/counseling with one's career/reputation.

dowhanawi

I'm a lactation consultant, doula, childbirth educator and I homeschool my kids with equal emphasis on physical activity, nature, self reflection and academics. So that works.

Thanks; I find it harder to read my own chart so this helps. As a homemaker I have trouble seeing "career" in myself especially since I work exulsivly in a volunteer capacity for my community. (I suck at capitalism lol)

conspiracy theorist

Leo ac, Gemini sun

Yep then I'd say 9th house with significations to your Career on the count of them being so close to the MC. If we going with a quadrant house system definitely 10th. Moon is in the 8th sign and I presume 9th in quadrant but it is conjunct the fixed Star Scheat which denotes tumultuous circumstances but strong intelligence.

Your Sun would be in the 11th house if not by Quadrant then by whole sign. As the ruler of the ascendant and exalted ruler of the MC it's no wonder that you play such an active role in your community.

Last edited:

dowhanawi

Yep then I'd say 9th house with significations to your Career on the count of them being so close to the MC. Moon is in the 8th sign and I presume 9th in quadrant but it is conjunct the fixed Star Scheat which denotes tumultuous circumstances but strong intelligence.

Your Sun would be in the 11th house if not by Quadrant then by whole sign. As the ruler of the ascendant and exalted ruler of the MC it's no wonder that you play such an active role in your community.

Yes my gem sun is in 11th house, even with placidus.

Ty.