Don't know what to make of this synastry and composite chart... HELP!

ariesisis

Hello,

One of the ways I'm learning about Astrology is through my own personal life experiences and this one is very fascinating to me. Opinions are welcome... A very strange connection with this person exists that's for certain :)

But this I can't make out. Anyone that can help me out I would greatly appreciate. If more info is needed please let me know :)

Birth info:

Me:
born on 5 April 1978
Sun Aries 15°24'36 in house 11
Moon Pisces 19°42'38 in house 10
Mercury Aries 25°16'56 in house 11
Venus Taurus 3°18'39 end of house 11
Mars Cancer 28°16'25 end of house 2
Jupiter Gemini 29°07'30 in house 1
Saturn Leo 24°00'10 in house 4
Uranus Scorpio 15°33'57 in house 6
Neptune Sagittarius 18°15'11 in house 7
Pluto Libra 15°19'16 in house 5
True Node Libra 5°55'20 in house 5
Planets at the end of a house are interpreted in the next house.

HOUSE POSITIONS (Placidus)
Ascendant Gemini 16°34'54
2nd House Cancer 7°59'46
3rd House Cancer 28°26'06
Imum Coeli Leo 21°57'07
5th House Virgo 22°56'23
6th House Scorpio 4°07'33
Descendant Sagittarius 16°34'54
8th House Capricorn 7°59'46
9th House Capricorn 28°26'06
Medium Coeli Aquarius 21°57'07
11th House Pisces 22°56'23
12th House Taurus 4°07'33

D: born on 16 April 1974
Sun Aries 26°14'54 in house 10
Moon Aquarius 18°09'15 in house 8
Mercury Aries 8°19'03 in house 10
Venus Pisces 10°17'45 in house 9
Mars Gemini 27°47'38 in house 12
Jupiter Pisces 8°35'32 in house 9
Saturn Gemini 29°48'40 in house 12
Uranus Libra 25°43'51 in house 4
Neptune Sagittarius 9°17'06 in house 5
Pluto Libra 4°54'17 in house 4
True Node Sagittarius 21°04'15 in house 6

HOUSE POSITIONS (Placidus)
Ascendant Cancer 17°34'15
2nd House Leo 7°09'39
3rd House Leo 29°43'10
Imum Coeli Virgo 28°18'32
5th House Scorpio 4°32'08
6th House Sagittarius 13°40'10
Descendant Capricorn 17°34'15
8th House Aquarius 7°09'39
9th House Aquarius 29°43'10
Medium Coeli Pisces 28°18'32
11th House Taurus 4°32'08
12th House Gemini 13°40'10

Synastry Chart:
MeDsynastry.gif

Composite w Natal Chart
MeDcompositewnatals.gif

[poster gives astrological analysis on next post so no need to move to Greenhorns Lounge - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

EJ53

Banned
Hi Ariesisis......Welcome to the forum.

On this particular board, the forum rules prevent members from replying until after you have first attempted an analysis yourself.

If you start the ball rolling with an explanataion of the "strange connection" and whatever you think might be the astrological cause, the members here will then pitch-in with comments of their own.

We do not require anything other than (say) a simple interpretation of one aspect in either natal chart......All we are looking for is an indication that you are here to learn astrology.

EJ:smile:

ariesisis

Thank you EJ for the clarification and my apologies. :)

Well I'm learning... I know my chart pretty well and how with myself it's pretty accurate however, synastry and not relying on computer interpretations is what I'm trying to learn. From understanding how charts works and aspect energy has been enlightening on my quest to deeper understand personality and relationship patterns with respect to this awesome science.

That is the whole point of me joining the forum and figured using myself as an example would be a good way to start.

The story is this... it's a long one.

I met this person 8 years ago, randomly in an NYC subway. I happened to walk into them shooting a movie without realizing it and was almost knocked over by him when he was running. I was rather rambuncious and got in an argument with him with my friends looking on at me like I was a mad woman. Then suddenly I hear, cut... A camera crew pops out and we found out that they were shooting an independent film. I felt bad about my outburst and walked up to him to apologize but he picked me up swung me around in a big hug to my surprise and said all good. First meeting... My friends and I then went and talked with him and he was a musician and dj.

At the time I was in transition, and I was dating someone who was there as well. My transition was that I was a dancer but decided to retire from dance due to injuries and was contemplating getting back into music via djing. After talking with him, I was inspired by his story to finally give it a try. Amongst the both of us blatantly flirting with another infront of our friends, my boyfriend at the time being one of them. Which I did get a lot of **** for. We kept in contact with them briefly for about 4 months and then I never heard of him again nor being caught up in my life thought about it...

Fast forward to 2 years ago, I went to a party in NYC and was with the guy I was dating at the time for a weekend of being on the town... I was standing on the wall next to the guy I was dating when he said, these two dudes keep checking you out really hard. I didn't notice until he told me and when i saw the guy my heart dropped. There was a familiarity about him but I couldn't place it. I didn't remember him from years earlier but I knew there was a certain something...

So at some point in the night, my date wanted to stay on the wall but I wanted to dance which he was fine with. He even said, I know you can handle those guys, I'm not worried about you. So I'm on the dancefloor and next to me is the guy, we'll call him D that was staring at me before... We started to talk, flirting kind of (this always happened between us) and he acknowledged that I was with a date, but wanted to let me know how beautiful I was. We talked further about music and he found I was a dj... He almost ran away from me when he found out we were into the same kind of music... I was surprised because it seemed as though while I was with my date and I was happy, I couldn't resist the attraction with this person. I also found out that he was married. But somehow because I am very involved in music where I live we talked and I told him if whenever he was interested to contact me about shows. We exchanged emails that night.

But never heard from him...

In June of this year I was on facebook talking with a friend about serious mysticism stuff, an open conversation that was going on and I got a request from a mysterious person followed with a message... A voice inside me told me to accept and talk with them about the subject matter further. We exchanged deep esoteric texts in that first conversation and at the time we were both going through significant life changes. My best friend had passed away a month prior and he was going through a divorce.

It didn't hit me yet or him who we were talking to. And I didn't look at pictures of him either... Don't know why but something said not to just yet. Weird, maybe but I always listen to my inner voice (Pisces Moon)

So things began to shift about a month later and then through us talking, sharing things that we knew about another, we then realized that this has been going on off and on for 8 years...

He has been overseas for sometime and is returning in a few weeks where we decided to reunite and see if there is more than just a re-apperance in each others lives.

Now, I guess I'm trying to make sense of the synastry between us as there seems to be a big karmic and psychic connection.

I would be able to at least get an idea of our synastry however, the thing which throws me off are the Trines and Kite which appear in our combined chart.

I'm not fully affluent in what Trines and Kites mean... I have one in my own respective chart as does he. He has an air trine, I have a fire trine with a t-square making a kite... Combined chart we have a water trine which kind of makes sense as we seem to have this deep emotional and psychic connection. Being apart from another it's strange because we can really sense what the other feels, and we are pretty open with our feelings towards another.

Also with me being so 11th house influenced which plays into my music network and he being an artist we really think one of the things that will happen between us is that we will work together in deep ways which is great considering my fire trine and his air trine, both of us being Aries it could be a fire storm but I wanna get another perspective on what could be going on here.

I also have strong neptune influences as does he which is the fear on my part. That we could get so caught up in a "rose color glasses" effect which would make this useless and I also read that this seems to be the issue in many strong trine connections, resulting in one not being able to let the other go. A lot of passion exists between us and that could be true given the history between us seems that when we are around another, we can't keep away from each other.

I'm also interested in any reccomended online and book resources to help me understand synastry and composite astrology. I've already checked cafeastrology and I frequent astro.com but I feel need more (my Gemini rising inquisitiveness)... I don't fully understand certain aspects just yet and not only for myself but other people I feel that learning how these energies can influence i feel it can bring great insight to many facets of life.

I hope this was somewhat helpful and I appreciate someone at least taking the time to respond to me.

So again what I'm looking for is (Thank you and sorry for "jumping in" headfirst without knowing the rules fully... That's my Aries over-enthusiasm at times...)

But I'm looking for feedback and also if anyone knows of where I can get info on Magi Astrology in relation to my synastry so that I may learn that as well, that would be great.

Sincerely,

airesisis :)

EJ53

Banned
...interested in any reccomended online and book resources to help me understand synastry and composite astrology.

Here's a link to an article about "Relationship Astrology" on the Forum Education Board :-
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17513

...if anyone knows of where I can get info on Magi Astrology in relation to my synastry so that I may learn that as well, that would be great.

Here's a link for Magi Astrology :-
http://www.magiastrology.com/lesson1.html

...synastry and not relying on computer interpretations is what I'm trying to learn.

Synastry is a comparison of two individual charts, to ascertain and interpret their astrological connections......It reveals how the people involved will relate to each other......and requires a sound understanding of the individual charts, in order to correctly interpret the synastry between them.

the Composite Chart reveals how a relationship between two people will be seen by outsiders who know the couple well......It shows how the partnership will interact with their society, as opposed to how each does so as an individual.

The Davison Relationship Chart gives us the astrological purpose of the relationship......It shows the lessons to be learned by both individuals through being a couple, and the reason why.

(All three techniques can be also applied to group relationships......but it is a complex process).

____________________________________​
You may know all of the above already Ariesisis, but it is useful background information for those reading the thread who might not.​

EJ:smile:

Last edited:
Welcome,

We also have a 'recommendations forum' for books, software etc.

So, I get the impression that you are not as yet in a relationship with this man but just curious here? What is the state of play with your current longstanding boyfriend?

Your natal Cancer rising is a 'worrier' ruler of MC Neptune is square to venus which suggests you are prone to 'rose tinted glasses' with relationships. Ruler of 7th is placed in 12th not good -- inauspicious (espec in Traditional astrology-- from what I've read in the forums)

http://books.google.com/books?id=dUulSwQoEC4C&pg=PR16&dq=robert+hand+composites&ei=r8HRSsXNEJvmygSIsP3eCQ#v=onepage&q=&f=false

The Book ---Planets in Composite: Analyzing Human Relationships By Robert Hand-- is greatly recommended

When looking at a woman’s chart the type of man she would look for is her sun sign and mars traits, plus 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.
When looking at a mans chart for the type of woman he would look for is his venus and moon sign and then 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.

Although synastry is a valuable tool with astrology it cannot 'make things happen' even if you have the best synastry in the world unfortunately..

If you want to research more into synastry try here
http://cafeastrology.com/astrology_of_relationships.html
http://www.cafeastrology.com/synastry/interchartaspects.html
http://www.cafeastrology.com/synastry_house_overlays.html
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/synastry.html
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/synastry-houses.html
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/synastryaspects.html
http://www.cosmitec-astrological-compatibility-advice.com/astrology-marriage.html

Quote by Freedomlover in post here on AW
In reality, no chart is definitely "good" or definitely "bad". As you pointed out, there is really no way of knowing how the energies will manifest. Some charts show a greater possibility for the energies to manifest well. But the same lovely trine that implies comfortable, loving energy can manifest as a feeder line that goes along with the other's abusive behaviour without questioning it. The same lovely sextile that implies harmony together can manifest as the two individuals will make the same bad choices.

There is a higher and a lower energy available in all the aspects. It all depends on free will and each individual's personal state of spiritual growth. In synastry there should be a varied degree of so called 'good and bad' aspects, but in reality I would use the terms, 'easy empathy, and challenging' cos without constant effort, respect, understanding and love and a willingness on both sides to 'work at matters' then no amount of good synastry will explain if a relationship will be successful or not...

rahu

Banned
the composite shows a saturn square to chiron which is terrible for a relationship because it shows a domineering and selfish nature.also the saturn/chiron midpoint is opposed to neptune indicating deceit and deception though very smooth.i am a bit surprised you are asking about him as it seems he has been very aloof if not rude to you in the last few weeks
the T square with mars/pluto and venus is extremely sexual but is totally centered on the physical aspect and does not usually show that a loving and compassionate relationship is offing.
the moon sextile to jupiter does give some feelings of commitment and nurturing but the deceptive nature/dominating nature of th ecomposite tis stronger than these harmonious aspects.
it seems to me he has been pulling away and any intimacy you felt with him is in the past.
rahu

EJ53

Banned
As Rahu says Ariesisis, the composite chart indicates a physical and domineering relationship rather than one based upon love......although the synastry between the two of you suggests that might be ok, particularly as the dominant one appears to be you and your Pluto trine his Moon would produce "emotional growth" for him and (for you) increased awareness of your power in relationships......So this could work if the two of you are happy to be buddies who enjoy great sex but remain free to "play the field", but it's probably "going nowhere" in terms of a long-term commitment based on love.

Which raises the question of "what then would be the point/purpose of the relationship?"......And for that, we look at the Davison Relationship chart......which shows (for example) :-

1. Sun in Aries/11th conjunct Chiron......self-awareness of the Chiron wound through friendship.

2. Moon ruling the chart from Leo/3rd house......ability to express emotions.

3. Pluto in Libra/4th square Mars in Cancer/1st......learning to be tolerant in relationships.

4. A "busy" 11th house......increase in aquaintancies/contacts/"networking"

Then, armed with this information, we would look again at each natal chart to see whether or not the two individuals would benefit significantly from learning these lessons......To determine if the relationship would be worthwhile, in terms of learning about themselves.

[I guess this leaves you wondering what we do with the Synastry comparison, since that's what you are wanting to learn about:biggrin:......So, like the Terminator, I'll be back]

Last edited:
The midpoint composite chart is already a chart of midpoints and I'm not conviced further disection of these midpoints works and the orbs MUST be very very tight 0'30" (half degree)

Rahu,
the composite shows a saturn square to chiron which is terrible for a relationship because it shows a domineering and selfish nature.also the saturn/chiron midpoint is opposed to neptune indicating deceit and deception though very smooth.i am a bit surprised you are asking about him as it seems he has been very aloof if not rude to you in the last few weeks

CALCULATION OF MID-POINTS

Each pair of planets ie: Sun & Moon are added in absolute Longitude, then divided by 2.

Then placed back in zodiacal signs accordingly. This can be done for Ascendant and Mid-Heaven only if birth chart TIME is accurate!

EG: Sun Aries at 1' 10 minutes = 1' 10
Moon Leo at 1' 20 minutes = 121' 20 +

Divided by 2 122 30
= 61. 15

This equals = 1' 15 Gemini

0' Aries = 0'
0' Taurus = 30'
0' Gemini = 60'
0' Cancer = 90'
0' Leo = 120'
0' Virgo = 150'
0' Libra = 180'
0' Scorpio = 210'
0' Sagittarius = 240'
0' Capricorn = 270'
0' Aquarius = 300'
0' Pisces = 330'

Another EG: Sun in Taurus 38' 30. 04
Moon in Aries 27' 40. 03 +
66' 10. 07

Divided by 2 33' 05 - 30' of absolute longitude in Taurus

Answer = 3' 05 minutes in Taurus in "Fixed" element

Now in this composite, Saturn = 27'cancer, chiron 27'Aries
Cancer =90' + 27' = 117
Aries = 30' + 27' = 57
total = 174 divide by 2 = 87'
Gemini = 60' minus 87' = 17' Gemini (mutable)
Now composite Neptune is 14' Saggitarius (mutable) To me 3' orb is too wide :pouty: So the opposite or anything 17' mutable is considered conjunct, whether or not its square or opposition....
This has to verified that both natal birth times are 'spot on' more or less to the minute..

THEN, you should consider which 'house system' works best for you cos the composite shows venus, mercury, sun & chiron in 10th and just Jupiter in 11th house of friendships

Saturn square Uranus in the composite may suggest times off/on someone perhaps wanting freedom (uranus) and then someone wanting structure (saturn) Moon in pisces (9th) square Neptune in 6th suggests confused emotional, but neptune does rule pisces so although it's a square causing tension - the emotions when 'on show' and you are together may come over as highly spiritual over idealistic, deeply philosophical (on occasions) otherwise that moon is really well aspected and is invovled in a 'grand trine' which I feel can help offset any major problems going on here

Saturn square sun can show the male or authority figure may have a strong influence on how 'the relationship' is portrayed in public connected to the values (2nd house Equal ) the relationship may develop and how these come accross to the public (10th house sun)

Mars square pluto shows a strong active ego/energy drive when together and all focused and concerned with family matters and home roots (cancer Asc) Chart ruler moon involved in 'water grand trine'

Perhaps it would be good for you to post the 'davidson chart' for further examination? It's worth bearing in mind with the synastry chart -- I consider the N Nodes and vertex to be of importance and there is a strong connection with your N Node and his pluto showing transformations and his N Node and your Neptune. So maybe your spiritual and religious beliefs and esthetic, musical or artistic things will inspire, teach and show him things. While your Node is showing you how to reinvent, transform and start reaching for your Libran qualities of balance, harmony, communications works within relationships.

All relationships will have easy empathy and challenging aspects, some relationships are constructive and some destructive, but spiritually this is how we all 'Learn' and grow through those interactions, exchanges and even making mistakes now and again. Go with your own 'gut instincts' listen to the voice inside of you

Last edited:

EJ53

Banned
......with the synastry chart -- I consider the N Nodes and vertex to be of importance and there is a strong connection with your N Node and his pluto showing transformations and his N Node and your Neptune. So maybe your spiritual and religious beliefs and esthetic, musical or artistic things will inspire, teach and show him things. While your Node is showing you how to reinvent, transform and start reaching for your Libran qualities of balance, harmony, communications works within relationships.

A50 has provided an excellent example here of how to use the synastry comparison, Ariesisis.

kaminari

airesisis, Astrologer50 mentioned the Vertex as an important point in the chart. I couldn't locate them in your charts, do you have that data?

There is much debate about the Vertex/anti-Vertex in synastry, but in my limited experience these points seem to play a major role in fated encounters.

Also, I've found a handy midpoint calculator online:

http://www.noendpress.com/pvachier/midpoints/index.php