Can someone suggest career possibilities for this young person?

Fallfromgrace

He's just about to graduate from high school, and feels confused by all the possibilities open to him, and doesn't feel sure of where his talents and abilities lie.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what types of jobs and careers he might be suited to?

Thank you!

Attachments

• this one.GIF
    this one.GIF
    90.8 KB · Views: 56

Jeremy

Interesting. Here is someone with the ruler of the 10th in the 3rd house of Mercurial talents in the spiritual sign of Pisces forming part of a grand water trine. Marilyn Monroe, and Ava Gardner I believe, had a similar trine, so this lends a clue I feel to this being a person who can make a career from acting, or at least playing a sympathetic and somewhat dreamy role to others. My main concern would be that Venus is possibly too well aspected and easy, so there may be little or no drive to realise a career and a tendency to rather go with the flow and to just see what develops. This is entirely in keeping with the nature of Pisces, which while a good placing for Venus, might look to lose itself in a fairy-tale romance rather than deal with unpleasant realities! Mundanely I would look to something in teaching, publishing or communications but preferably with a spiritual or religious overtone; a divinity or art teacher would work very well with this placement; or even better a drama teacher. Maybe a career in the theatre or some similar type of placement might work well.

I don't envisage money being too easy in this life, with Saturn in the 2nd opposing Moon in the 8th, so the mother may leave a difficult financial legacy, or there may be fluctuations in income due to conditions in the home. Saturn even though well placed in Capricorn does suggest an early life where money is hard to find, but promises a latter life of well-earned comfort. If I were counselling this individual I would try to gently impress upon them the necessity to focus on their emotional talents and to not worry too much about career per se as I would imagine they will have a responsible attitude toward money and in the long term they will be okay, even if things seem fraught before 40.

I hope this makes some sense :)
Jeremy

Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
banker, to grace

grace,

Since this person has the North node (future goals) focused in the 2nd house (physical, also personal money), Capricorn (duty, also career) focused in the 2nd house, a Grand Square involving the North node in the 2nd house, Scorpio (transformation, also outer world money) modifying Pluto (transformation, also outer world money), Taurus (physical, also personal money) modifying Mercury (thinking/daily work, also analysis) and Sun (self-expression, also speculation), and Pluto trine (energy goes very easily with) Moon (home, also the "public") focused in the 7th house (relationships)...I'm goin' with...banker! ;-D

Guessing careers,

Tim

Fallfromgrace

Thank you Jeremy - this did confirm my own suspicion/worry that he's not really career-minded. Uranus and Neptune square the Libran MC ruled by Pisces seemed quite challenging. I have a feeling that with no Air planets in his chart and a retrograde Taurus Mercury in the 5th, he is going to communicate with people (or animals) in some quite unique way. He is very good at art and design, but he doesn't know if he's good enough to pursue this as a career. Art teaching was a good suggestion! Thanks again!

Lila

Hello.

I just passed through it. Here it goes my view:

1.- Libra Mh is disp. by Venus in 3rd but ruling 5 th house, which is disposed by Neptune archetype, ruling and back to the 3 rd house; Neptune. Saturn which is one of final Dispositor of the Horoscope- needs to be popular and gain appreciation by using media communication, TV, entertainment, media industry.

2.- The Moon running into the 8 th and also F. Dispositor opposes to Neptune (r.3) and Saturn(in 2 sd house)- it suggests huge needs to deal with others’ strengths often as a consultant, adviser, reporter; researching for everyone’s gain, helping-healing are another possible career channels.

3.- Pluto, the 3 rd F.Dispositor, rules 12 th and contacts the Sun and Mercury both in 5 th house- claiming that the person needs to be on a stage.

In Short: I believe this person needs to work in a large information/communication institution associated with social or aesthetic overtones.

I hope that helps!!

Lila Viana

smilingsteph

With the free thinking, rebel nature of uranus and the dreamy, whimsical nature of neptune in the first house, you might worry for this one, thinking that he/she may not settle down and find a clear-cut path in life. However being heavily involved in his decision making skills may make him stray away from you, or he might become spiteful of you and do something radical. He may be lost right now, not knowing what to do with his life, heck he just graduated, think back to when you graduated and how hard that time was for you! The best thing you can do is encourage him in whatever he wants to do. If you are unsure of what he is good at maybe you can help him by reinforcing to him what you think he is good at, telling him all of the positives that make him who he is.
Money may not come easy due to Saturns hold in the second, yet money may not be his goal in life, as is finding what he truly loves to do. I agree with the others, that communications or even being involved in acting would be interesting.
Again being supportive of a young one during this hard transforming time is the best thing!
Good luck!

Lupin

This is interesting,I ve been thinking about parental astrological support and imput.My son is 31 and I used his chart from birth,he is dyslexic and found learning hard I knew he was creative and kept him in art craft supplies for when he was frustrated be academic stuff.I send him transits each year and he uses the knowledge.BUT I encouraged him go down his own path,am very upset when parents tell kids to supress their creativity as it dosen't lead to a 'REAL 'job.It's scary sometimes to let them find their own way but thats part of parenting as well and very interesting to see.