My Chart

Shimster

daisy14.png

gaer

That's better.

Mercury/Sun fused together in a very tight conjunction. Good for concentration, intense, makes it harder to understand other people's points of view. Opposite Pluto, very intense, in Taurus stubborn, persistent.

Trine to Neptune/Uranus, both interested in less concrete things (like astrology, for instance, bit of a mystic, but to Uranus in general open to all sorts of ideas, and this would be a much more logical side. Nothing in air, nothing in fire.

Aries AC, you appear impulsive, quick to do anything once it occurs to you.I'm guessing you are a great deal more thoughtful than you may appear to people who do not know you well. Mars and Venus in 12th. Do you require alone time to recharge? Ocassionally (at least) a lot of sleep to catch up?

All the earth makes me think of science, but all the water is something that has to connect emotionally or intuitively. I'm going to make a wild guess that your objectivity (skepticism) and intuition (ability to sense things that others don't pick-up because they do not fall into the confines of logic only) are rather well balanced.

I'm off from work and no one is home. Thought I'd take a wild stab at your chart. I wanted to be general, but not so general as to fall into the kind of reading that says something to anyone (Barnum Effect). Your chart seems very dynamic. I'd like to see some of the hunches of our other members.

Have you studied astrology at all? Are you on the fence, feeling it is fascinating, cool, but not sure if it is really valid? :)

g

Shimster

Yes, I have studied astrology, and have come up with some of my own theories, but I still regard myself as a novice. My knowledge is only confined to the signs that interest me most and is delved only on what the signs are and what your planets do. Currently, I am conducting an experimental search. I wish to find someone who is my opposite in personality. The basis that I am using at the moment is the Sun, Moon, Asc, Venus,Mars, Mercury and they must be around my age ranging from 2 -3 years younger than me to 2-3 years older than me, and I am searching within my area. =]

Shimster

You're analysis is somewhat what I was expecting and I was just wondering how others find my chart, I found it a bit unique, especially with both mars and venus within pisces.

Also, you know how the story goes where the oldest and "wisest" sign of the Zodiac is Pisces and the youngest is the Aries? The order that the zodiac would go is Aries->Pisces respectively? My houses go in that order and I found that pretty interesting. Am I an embodiment of Astrology? Haha I make myself laugh.

Last edited:

gaer

Shimster said:
Unfortunately, no one seems to want to respond =[
I responded, and you answered with this:
You're analysis is somewhat what I was expecting and I was just wondering how others find my chart, I found it a bit unique, especially with both mars and venus within pisces.
You gave me no feedback. You did not even give me a word of thanks for taking the time to look at your chart. And apparently it was "somewhat what I expected".

That is hardly going to encourage other people to also take time to comment.

Shimster

You know what, you're absolutely right. I owe you an apology, and really I'm thankful that you responded and gave me your input. I intended to thank you, but I guess it didn't come out as I had hoped? I sometimes have snappy answers, and I guess I need to work on some social skills.

Again, I am sorry. Let me start a new with some more input, with nothing in air and fire, other than my ascendant, what affect do you believe would that have on me, perhaps some yearning or attempt to make up for the qualities that I do not have from air and fire?
What I meant with Mars and Venus in Pisces was, my Mars has been given an indirect sign. Since Mars is so direct and passionate, and Pisces is so indirect and passive, i'm assuming it leaves some sort of impact on my personality. Venus I am not to sure of, but I've read it leaves me in a more dream-like state, giving me a more romantic view of the world, which is true, I find myself occasionaly giving an arm and a leg for those in need, acting as a martyr and the like.

There are many oppositions with my jupiter. Uranus, Neptune and Midheaven. Apparently Jupiter/Uranus opposition makes me overly independent, and maybe it was because of this opposition that I was a bit rude to you since it leaves me weak in the department of diplomacy, this or my square in the Ascendant, I tend to not listen to those around me and am pretentious. Jupiter/Neptune keeps me easily influenced by fine words and it emphasizes my dreaminess that shines from Mars and Venus. I'm often fooled by others, which is true, I can never sense sarcasm, or I do, but I do not want it to be so, and try to believe so.
Jupiter/Midheav Opp. again brings about pretentiousness and I am concerned with myself, which makes me realize that because of Jupiter/Midheav opp. I created this thread. =\ I do bring a lot of conversations to myself...
Are my Cancer/Jupiter good fortunes cancelled by all these oppositions? And is it possible to offset these weaknesses in personality?

katydid

Shimster said:
You know what, you're absolutely right. I owe you an apology, and really I'm thankful that you responded and gave me your input. I intended to thank you, but I guess it didn't come out as I had hoped? I sometimes have snappy answers, and I guess I need to work on some social skills.

Social skills and giving thanks come from our Venus.
Your natal Venus is 29 degrees Pisces in the 12th, and nearly unaspected.
I think you meant well, but do not always know HOW to express your appreciation to others. You may be trying to do so, and it comes off as sarcastic or rude instead.
Your Venus in the 29th degree of Pisces and in the house of reincarnation tells me you are an old soul so to speak, but may have a hard time accepting the rest of us 'heathens. ' :p
I think you probably had lifetimes of experience as a mystic or a seer, but had to come back again to redo some aspect of it. The only aspect is the sextile tp the neptune, which opposes Jupiter. The opposition between Jupiter and Uranus/neptune indicate perhaps that lesson is with learning NOT
to take advantage of others by using one's advanced intuitive skills and heightened intelligence. :eek: ================================

Again, I am sorry. Let me start a new with some more input, with nothing in air and fire, other than my ascendant, what affect do you believe would that have on me, perhaps some yearning or attempt to make up for the qualities that I do not have from air and fire?------------------------------------

Perhaps you came into this life, and had your air/fire taken away, like a 'karmic time out ' , so you could not so easily 'con' others with your powerful
mind and high position. ========================

What I meant with Mars and Venus in Pisces was, my Mars has been given an indirect sign. Since Mars is so direct and passionate, and Pisces is so indirect and passive, i'm assuming it leaves some sort of impact on my personality. Venus I am not to sure of, but I've read it leaves me in a more dream-like state, giving me a more romantic view of the world, which is true, I find myself occasionaly giving an arm and a leg for those in need, acting as a martyr and the like.

GOOD. That means you are taking this incarnations mission seriously.:rolleyes:

QUOTE]There are many oppositions with my jupiter. Uranus, Neptune and Midheaven. Apparently Jupiter/Uranus opposition makes me overly independent, and maybe it was because of this opposition that I was a bit rude to you since it leaves me weak in the department of diplomacy, this or my square in the Ascendant, I tend to not listen to those around me and am pretentious. Jupiter/Neptune keeps me easily influenced by fine words and it emphasizes my dreaminess that shines from Mars and Venus. I'm often fooled by others, which is true, I can never sense sarcasm, or I do, but I do not want it to be so, and try to believe so.
Jupiter/Midheav Opp. again brings about pretentiousness and I am concerned with myself, which makes me realize that because of Jupiter/Midheav opp. I created this thread. =\ I do bring a lot of conversations to myself...
Are my Cancer/Jupiter good fortunes cancelled by all these oppositions? And is it possible to offset these weaknesses in personality? [/QUOTE]

Your good fortunes are not cancelled, perhaps just postponed. It may be that you need to pay karmicly for the life in which you were arrogant and in power, and abused that powerful position. Now, you have elements of that superiority in your memory banks, and feel as though you are that supreme
being, but are not placed in that same high position in this lifetime. Not until you do what you are describing, BEING OF SERVICE TO THOSE IN NEED. :60:

Last edited:

gaer

Shimster said:
I didn't write anything that was particularly specific or personal. I don't like to do that with someone I don't know well. It feels egotistical. But I actually explained what happened, before it happened. Mercury/conjunct Sun is incredibly focused, but it is focused on itself, what the self needs and wants. This doesn't mean that you are "selfish", but it does point towards being so pointed toward a goal that you lose sight of everything else while trying to get somewhere. Pluto in opposition to this conjunction is extremely intense; you could easily intimidate (or push people away) while you are pursuing something that is important to you. This is where you could very easily alienate other people and not realize it before damage is done. :)
Let me start a new with some more input, with nothing in air and fire, other than my ascendant, what affect do you believe would that have on me, perhaps some yearning or attempt to make up for the qualities that I do not have from air and fire?
Let me answer a question with a question: let's say, for the moment, that Aries is an accurate indication of how people see you when they first meet you. When they get to know you well, do they feel that you are an open book? Or that you appear to be quite different from the person you really are, the one you show to people who know you well, people you trust?
What I meant with Mars and Venus in Pisces was, my Mars has been given an indirect sign. Since Mars is so direct and passionate, and Pisces is so indirect and passive, i'm assuming it leaves some sort of impact on my personality.
You are correct that Mars in a difficult sign when in Pisces. It is "hidden" in the 12th. This could make it very difficult to act directly, to get what you want. It also can give you power to work from "behind the scenes". Venus is also in the 12th. 12th house planets, because they are in a hidden place, represent parts of ourselves that are easily hidden from ourselves. It indicates the part of you that you need to think about the most in order not to do damage to others and yourself. I'm afraid that is going to sound too general. Other people here will probably pick up on what I am saying immediately.
Venus I am not to sure of, but I've read it leaves me in a more dream-like state, giving me a more romantic view of the world, which is true, I find myself occasionaly giving an arm and a leg for those in need, acting as a martyr and the like.
The danger is over-romanticizing the world then becoming bitter, lonely, when the rose-colored glasses come off.
There are many oppositions with my jupiter. Uranus, Neptune and Midheaven. Apparently Jupiter/Uranus opposition makes me overly independent, and maybe it was because of this opposition that I was a bit rude to you since it leaves me weak in the department of diplomacy, this or my square in the Ascendant, I tend to not listen to those around me and am pretentious. Jupiter/Neptune keeps me easily influenced by fine words and it emphasizes my dreaminess that shines from Mars and Venus. I'm often fooled by others, which is true, I can never sense sarcasm, or I do, but I do not want it to be so, and try to believe so.
Here I think your own analysis is good. Jupiter's opposition to Neptune is a bit wide, thought the indication is there. I do think Neptune in your chart does point towards idealism, and the flip-side of that is being gullable. You might want to work on developing you personal BS-detector. :)
I agree. But it's a good sign that you recognize this and have a sense of humor about yourself!
Are my Cancer/Jupiter good fortunes cancelled by all these oppositions? And is it possible to offset these weaknesses in personality?
The chart is a blueprint. It is for study, for self-understanding. You can always turn weaknesses into strengths. In my opinion that is the most important reason for studying astrology, to help ourselves and others do just that.

g

Shimster

Wow Katydid, I didn't make the connection that my venus is almost unaspected with my troubles of expression. It's interesting, all this talk of karma and souls, and I see your point, but I may flip the idea about, since I don't believe in reincarnation, rather than old soul, just a soul endowed with wisdom or experience? =] I do tend to be arrogant and think Highly of myself, but try to be humble when it comes down to it.

Gaer you're right, When ever I focus on one thing, I usually lose sight of what's around me, it's bad, especially for college work, I will get lost in a book or a writing or a game and I lose sight of my responsibilities >_< Sun/Merc conj is a bit powerful. On the Ascendant, isn't it somewhat like the mask you wear when you meet others, or your first response to situations?
Even though I am a strong romantic, I always make it a point to think realistically. I use the common sense endowed by my Mercury in Taurus. I will admit that I am quite the idealist, but I also have a strong sense of Realism to counter my Romanticism. Where it may come from I am not entirely sure, perhaps the Sun Taurus and Mercury Taurus play a part, but that is only a guess. If I had no realism, for example, I would imagine that I would have communistical tendencies. So I sometimes can read the truth between the lies.
It is pretty comical that I have tendencies to be self-absorbed.

I want to look more in depth on the planets and how they influence us and what their characteristics are, im going to look at the sites this website offers, but if you have any links you'd like to offer me I'm all ears =] Plus, Gaer how would I go about turning my weaknesses into strengths? I agree that it is the most important reason for studying astrology, to better yourself and transform your self into your full potential, but the means is where i am at a loss. Thank you.

katydid

Shimster said:
Wow Katydid, I didn't make the connection that my venus is almost unaspected with my troubles of expression. It's interesting, all this talk of karma and souls, and I see your point, but I may flip the idea about, since I don't believe in reincarnation, rather than old soul, just a soul endowed with wisdom or experience? =] I do tend to be arrogant and think Highly of myself, but try to be humble when it comes down to it.

I want to look more in depth on the planets and how they influence us and what their characteristics are, im going to look at the sites this website offers, but if you have any links you'd like to offer me I'm all ears =] Plus, Gaer how would I go about turning my weaknesses into strengths? I agree that it is the most important reason for studying astrology, to better yourself and transform your self into your full potential, but the means is where i am at a loss. Thank you.

Shimster,

I don't know if reincarnation is a valid concept either. So just look at the info as symbolic. In the past you might have been arrogant, and had an inflated ego, and until you learn to tame that instinct, your good fortune may be delayed. ;) Humility is your friend.

Shimster

katydid said:
Shimster,

I don't know if reincarnation is a valid concept either. So just look at the info as symbolic. In the past you might have been arrogant, and had an inflated ego, and until you learn to tame that instinct, your good fortune may be delayed. ;) Humility is your friend.

Thinking back, in high school I was pretty arrogant and I still have an inflated ego, but I don't flaunt it now a days, and I do try to practice patience and humility, I'll take this sound advice to heart.

you said,
"I want to look more in depth on the planets and how they influence us and what their characteristics are, im going to look at the sites this website offers, but if you have any links you'd like to offer me I'm all ears =] Plus, Gaer how would I go about turning my weaknesses into strengths? I agree that it is the most important reason for studying astrology, to better yourself and transform your self into your full potential, but the means is where i am at a loss. Thank you."

We have a forum for 'Recommendations forum' for books, free software etc,
Plus in the Education forum are the basics for learning astrology. I have also sent you PM for links to learning sites...:rolleyes:

It's prob worth playing around with your solar arcs for Recitification of your time..
Solar Arcs
Solar arcs are really simple, especially for beginners, just move the Angles, Asc, Desc, MC, IC 1' for each year of your life onto planets and vice versa. Not just used for rectification either. Under age 12 though these interpretations are directed towards family changes, maybe relocation, job changes, illnesses, additions to family etc. Another example is my Pluto is 28' Leo in 7th house and my Uranus is 3' Leo in same house to subtract these and you get age 25. That year my then husband and I had an almight explosion (Uranus) and transformation (Pluto) of that marriage that started the demise and ultimate ending thereof....

Further research on solar arcs try these threads.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12024&highlight=solar+arcs
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12958&highlight=solar+arcs
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6691&highlight=solar+arcs

Now your MC is 5' and Uranus 9' which suggests a family disruption, upheaval, relocation or even poss another sibling being born?
Age 9 SA MC onto Neptune, someone disappear, die or have some mysterious illness?
Age 9 age SA venus conj Asc, did you start getting pleasure in the way you presented yourself, your image or just pleasure in school work?
Age 20 SA MC will conj natal Saturn, which will involve some restructuring of your working life perhaps,maybe first job.

Age 1 SA IC onto natal Jupiter in 4th, perhaps a relocation, expansion with another family member?

Now looking at your Sun,mercury Oppositions to Pluto
Sun‑Pluto Square Sun‑Pluto Opposition

Dogmatic, assertive arrogance!

Much of what has been said of the conjunction between Sun and Pluto also applies to these two hard aspects. However, the need for action is greater here. The impatience with rules and regulations can be very persistent. Whether or not the career or personal prestige suffers in the process seems to be a minor issue in the battle between the Sun and Pluto. In any case, with these aspects the native will often, consciously or ­unconsciously, bring about far‑reaching changes in his life.

The energy radiated by these aspects is great, but it is charged with tension and can make those around feel very uneasy ‑ which is something that folk with a Sun‑Pluto conflict would do well to bear in mind. For even when they do not intend to be emphatic, they like to drive their point home just in case it might be overlooked. This is the reason for the poverty of the social life with these conflicts.

Certainly the hard aspects between the Sun and Pluto bestow leadership qualities, but the skills of leadership do not come easily. The native often expects too much of others, not to mention himself, and this is liable to cause fierce rows. ­Violence is a distinct possibility but is by no means inevitable. The conflicts can prove mentally wearying too; the native is inclined to hammer away, either at himself or at others, until he gets to the heart of a problem; but he exasperates his associates and gives himself a tough time, too.

There is a strong temptation, with the hard aspects to tilt at whatever life brings. The combativeness derives from internal strife, and the open conflicts are continually engineered by the native to make him feel that he is coping with whatever is ­bothering him. The influences of the unconscious foist ­themselves on him and more or less compel him to trace them to their source.
This means that he is exceptionally sensitive to tensions and weaknesses in others ‑ he has quite a nose for such things and could make a fine detective or psychiatrist who would never rest until he had got to the bottom of a problem.

Since the hard aspects have much in common with the ­conjunction, the reader is advised to consult what has been said about that as well.

Mercury‑Pluto Square Mercury‑Pluto Opposition
Verbal lacerations!

The tension and compulsiveness found in Mercury‑Pluto ­combinations are strongest in the hard aspects and regularly produce confrontations with others. Quite possible this ­individual`s naturally emphatic style of speaking and the ­aggression often displayed when expressing an opinion will deter people from sharing his or her ideas or will provoke them into contradicting the native. Even when this person thinks he or she is being nice and friendly, he or she is still much more forcible and sharp than need be. And since this person never shrinks from exposing faults in people and things whenever seen, this person gets disliked, even though the motive is simply that he or she would feel on safer ground if these faults were corrected.

In fact this person is constantly at war with the self. He or she is painfully aware of his or her own problems, which Pluto keeps bringing to light. Only strength and self‑control enable him or her to cope with problems or to mistreat people for, with these aspects, this type can be merciless without realising it. Pluto is invariably "all or nothing."

In what this person thinks and says, he or she runs the risk of becoming too well entrenched in ideas that seem important. An unwillingness to make concessions stirs up a spirit of fanaticism that inevitably leads to big conflicts inside (overwrought nerves), or outside (with neighbours and with society at large). As for taboos, this person either ignores them or else shouts them down‑behaviour that is likely to get him or her branded as a revolutionary.

Provided the individual can hold him or herself in check, the tense Mercury‑Pluto aspects can enable constructive contributions to the fields of research and psychology.

both from the book ‘Aspects and Personality’ by Karen Hamaker-Zondag

Shimster

Yes I did begin to look into the websites last night, and I read about Chaos (Neptune Pisces) which makes me understand why pisces is the way it is. A bit vague, but I mean the history of Astrology. I intend to do more research as soon as I get some of my essays for my Early Civilizations class out of the way =\. Solar Arcs seem interesting, when I was 9 I am not sure if someone so grave had happened, but I know that I did NOT take pleasure in life, I had moved to a new school and had trouble socializing, which started a trend of not being able to make friends until about the end of the 7th grade -_-, At 1 I remember that my mother told me how we were moving about from one friends house to another, so that may be to the Uranus 9' MC '5, that and miscarriages between me and my sisters.

Curiously, aren't squares and oppositions different? My Sun/Pluto and Merc/Pluto are squares not oppositions, they are about 90 degrees apart, and squares note :

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]the friction and the hurdles that help us to grow and become productive.This is the most critical amd conflicting aspect. It gives disturbed, prejudiced or adverse conditions and circumstances accompanying it. It is a separative aspect and it turns the tide of fortune."

the 180 degree apart oppositions note :

"
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]obstacles that must be resolved.This is a malefic aspect of perfect balance. It includes confrontation and partnership. It indicates change of circumstances. Oppositions can manifest as mood swings."

or atleast that is how i understand it. One is more of a challenge whereas the other is a plague on your self?

All in all, the analysis may be spot on, I will ask someone else if some of this is true, since I do believe that I am being nice most of the time, but perhaps I am just not noticing the strength of force in my speech?
I will look into the Solar Arcs as soon as I have a better understanding of Houses, Signs, and Planets, I think that is the first area I need to focus on before I begin reading and treating my faults, but I will try and cope with what you've brought to light and figure something out, I thank you =]
Oh you never responded to my reply, is it truly that annoying, have people been complaining?
[/FONT]