Christ Consciousness...

Mark

As Morpheus said, "Knowing the path is not the same as walking the path." :tongue:

divine g

Banned
I'd be careful with the one-ness with God stuff, because technically, let's say our toenails are one with our body, but how conscious of our thoughts can our toenails be? At any given moment, we can trim the edges off our toenails, and never see that part of us again, and not miss it either. And that toenail will be replaced within days, and will eventually meet the same fate as the one before it. You can kind of see how that relates to humans dying and being born every day, and life goes on.

Nothing separates us from the rest of the universe spiritually, but trapped in our physical forms, we're puny. Humans serve a purpose in the unity of all things, but the higher consciousness which put all the stars and planets in their places, is something that will most likely be way out of human comprehension, until the soul inside the human returns to the source.

Am I saying that humans are just God's toenails? Yes. And we should be honored. Also enjoy the ride until God clips us off his toes eventually.

Last edited:

Ruka_5

Banned
I'd be careful with the one-ness with God stuff, because technically, let's say our toenails are one with our body, but how conscious of our thoughts can our toenails be? At any given moment, we can trim the edges off our toenails, and never see that part of us again, and not miss it either. And that toenail will be replaced within days, and will eventually meet the same fate as the one before it. You can kind of see how that relates to humans dying and being born every day, and life goes on.

Nothing separates us from the rest of the universe spiritually, but trapped in our physical forms, we're puny. Humans serve a purpose in the unity of all things, but the higher consciousness which put all the stars and planets in their places, is something that will most likely be way out of human comprehension, until the soul inside the human returns to the source.

Am I saying that humans are just God's toenails? Yes. And we should be honored. Also enjoy the ride until God clips us off his toes eventually.

...Whaaaa? :lol:

I don't agree that human lives are pretty much meaningless and it's odd to me that you compared them to toenail clippings :unsure: , but....all foot fetishes aside....

It's just interesting to me that this is happening to me, as much as I've been derided and disrespected by 'spiritual', 'enlightened' people. I've literally been abused in every way possible; talked to like I'm a moron; told in so many words that I'm either evil or soulless, depending on their mood; others have pretty much given me the impression that I'm just spiritually inept and don't have the capacity to 'evolve' and that I lack depth... after being inundated with that stuff long enough by enough people, it will make you start to second-guess yourself.

...Do I feel like I'm God or consider myself on par with Him? Absolutely not, and I never said that. I deal with myself every day and I know I'm far from perfect or a deity. But apparently I'm not the clueless piece of **** people want so very badly for me to think I am, either. I've had so many 'spiritual' or 'evolved' people say all kinds of stuff to me, that I'm stupid and don't have much depth or spiritual capacity, that I'm evil or soulless, and that essentially I'm just worthless and taking up space on the planet... I've heard things like that constantly over the years. After so much of it you will start to second-guess yourself. But it's like, this is the ultimate reassurance, like a nod from God, "You're on the right track". You really can't beat that.

For as long as I can remember, I've felt like I was here for a very specific reason, like there's Something I'm supposed to do, and this kind of confirms or reiterates that, too. There's something I'm supposed to Do, and I just haven't figured out what it is, yet.

divine g

Banned
..Whaaaa? :lol:

I don't agree that human lives are pretty much meaningless and it's odd to me that you compared them to toenail clippings :unsure: , but....all foot fetishes aside....
Ha, well I was actually watching someone clipping their toenails at the time, and didn't realize why that image came to mind until I after I was done typing.

But all jokes aside, it's just an example of one body having many parts, and sure enough, some parts are more important than others. And the reality of it is, certain people are more important to the world than others. Some people die, and you never know they existed, some great people die and it's like the world lost a leg, and some people die, it's like the world being rid of a cancer.

Metaphysically, it's all one, it's all part of God, but there's a constant shedding of old skin and rebirth of new cells. I heard something the other day about the human body regenerating like a billion new cells every few hours?

It's not that ALL humans are insignificant. My point is, everything was created for a purpose. From our eyelashes, to fingernails and toenails, to 5 fingers and 5 toes, to bones, to blood, to heart, to liver, to bladder etc. Everyone and everything has its place. It's the microcosm and the macrocosm. We're made in the image of God, and being cells in his infinitely expanding body, we're like tiny little gods who He has given free will to, and has breathed the breath of life into. But He is the Supreme Being, the body can only have ONE head controlling it, and that head decides what stays, what goes, and when it's time to go.

For as long as I can remember, I've felt like I was here for a very specific reason, like there's Something I'm supposed to do, and this kind of confirms or reiterates that, too. There's something I'm supposed to Do, and I just haven't figured out what it is, yet.
Like I said above, everything was created for a purpose. Even something which seems as insignificant as a toe nail. It's up to you to meditate and reflect on your life, look at the patterns, look at the blueprint and DNA of your life, and you will figure out your purpose. Usually there are signs every step of the way if you look for them. First law is to "Know thy self". No one can tell you who you really are but you.

Last edited:

Mark

divine g: I find it disconcerting that you examine all these things from a finite perspective. God is Infinite. Has your meditation taught you that anyone is a toenail? Or waste material of any kind? Are there any whom God would shed away? It is His Will that all should come to know and Love Him, yes? The body is dust and shall die, but the soul is God expressed, Living and Infinite. Why is it so important that you identify yourself as the dust that will perish? As a human, you are small and broken. As a child of God, you are Infinite as He is. Know that you are a soul and this body is just an adornment for a season. These clothes must be washed and changed at times. Every human is only a very narrow expression of his or her own soul. Our inheritance is much bigger than the playpen in which we reside now. The Living God Loves All. There are no exceptions.

Ruka_5

Banned
Ha, well I was actually watching someone clipping their toenails at the time, and didn't realize why that image came to mind until I after I was done typing.

But all jokes aside, it's just an example of one body having many parts, and sure enough, some parts are more important than others. And the reality of it is, certain people are more important to the world than others. Some people die, and you never know they existed, some great people die and it's like the world lost a leg, and some people die, it's like the world being rid of a cancer.

Metaphysically, it's all one, it's all part of God, but there's a constant shedding of old skin and rebirth of new cells. I heard something the other day about the human body regenerating like a billion new cells every few hours?

It's not that ALL humans are insignificant. My point is, everything was created for a purpose. From our eyelashes, to fingernails and toenails, to 5 fingers and 5 toes, to bones, to blood, to heart, to liver, to bladder etc. Everyone and everything has its place. It's the microcosm and the macrocosm. We're made in the image of God, and being cells in his infinitely expanding body, we're like tiny little gods who He has given free will to, and has breathed the breath of life into. But He is the Supreme Being, the body can only have ONE head controlling it, and that head decides what stays, what goes, and when it's time to go.

Like I said above, everything was created for a purpose. Even something which seems as insignificant as a toe nail. It's up to you to meditate and reflect on your life, look at the patterns, look at the blueprint and DNA of your life, and you will figure out your purpose. Usually there are signs every step of the way if you look for them. First law is to "Know thy self". No one can tell you who you really are but you.

You actually sat and watched someone clip their toenails? What, were you handcuffed to a metal pole in the room, and couldn't escape? Hell, I don't even like looking at my own feet when I clip my own nails. :lol:

But yeah - I'm sorry, but I just don't buy the 'human beings are meaningless and expendable' thing. I think God made us, and that he gave up his son to save us. I think someone who'd sacrifice their kid for us, sees us as more than just their toenails lmao.

And no, I wasn't saying that by default, everybody else's life is pointless. What I am saying is that I feel a very strong calling to Something and I've always felt a very strong sense of purpose, even from the time I was really a small kid. I've always had the feeling that there was something very specific that I'm here to do, and that I wasn't going to have a normal life, that it's not really in the cards for me, and that I'm here to accomplish that 'mission', whatever it is, and there's just been too many little 'coincidences' throughout the course of my life kind of confirming that for me and no, I wasn't looking for them, they just keep hitting me over the head. So I think Someone up there is tapping my shoulder from time to time, trying to get my attention and has Plans for me.

Exactly what those are, I don't know yet, but I believe that's because it's just not time for me to know yet and that meditation and anything else, won't speed up that process and that it's not necessary anyway. When I'm meant to know I think it will be very obvious to me, what that is. I'm just biding my time, living my life and in the meantime, watching the clock.

myst1calz

Ruka_5, u shouldnt put these so called "spiritual" people on a pedestal by first, labeling them as such. If u see these people for who they are with all their human "flaws" n see the true beauty in that, u wont feel so "spiritually inept". :)

Ruka_5

Banned
Ruka_5, u shouldnt put these so called "spiritual" people on a pedestal by first, labeling them as such. If u see these people for who they are with all their human "flaws" n see the true beauty in that, u wont feel so "spiritually inept". :)

...Huh? :unsure:

I didn't put them anyplace or label them as anything, they did that all by themselves; the ringleader thought she was an angel in a human body (and no I'm not joking). Myself, I had my doubts about that, especially when she and her friends started telling me I'd be dead by 2012 of a suicide that they'd cause. :lol:

It's human nature though that after being inundated with something - anything - long enough, you start to believe it on some level even if on other levels you know it's wrong.

As far as they go, I don't even think it's that they're 'flawed' so much as hypocritical in the extreme.

lazarusx

The biggest and most subtle issue with people who claim to be spiritual is that they've identified with their ideal of what spirituality is and formed and identity through it, the usual outcome of this is that they can justify virtually anything negative or positive as a spiritual process.. this in itself can bring all personal development to a complete halt, because they believe they've reached the end.

I did this myself for a long time, it took me almost two years to realize what i had been doing, it's so easy to identify with your own ideal of what spirituality is to you that you can actually close yourself off from everything.

Ruka_5

Banned
Ruka_5

As for ur question, theres a lot of info on this matter. In my understanding, its simply realizing the truth to ur existence n the purpose or blueprint we came in with. We each came in with a unique set of variables. To deal with what was ahead. Realizing ur true creative power as a christed being. That ure apart of this infinite source of light here to spread the seed of a dawning new world.

What do u mean by "accidentally"? Nothing is an accident or a coincidence. Once u get past the initial stages of this journey which ur soul voluntarily chose to embarked on, u will realize everything is in perfect harmony with spirit. everything u have experienced n done thus far, has brought u to this point. U are well on ur way fellow traveler.:) love n light ha ha ha

Yeah, from what everybody said earlier I've managed to work out an idea of what Christ Consciousness, is.

And when I say accidentally, I mean by not doing anything to intentionally cause it. No meditation or spiritual practices of any kind.

I can't really buy either that we choose everything that happens to us and need it to grow as a person. So someone who was abused by a parent, chose that and wanted it and it was necessary for them to experience? People who live in third world countries and suffer from famine, chose that? :andy:

Ruka_5

Banned
The biggest and most subtle issue with people who claim to be spiritual is that they've identified with their ideal of what spirituality is and formed and identity through it, the usual outcome of this is that they can justify virtually anything negative or positive as a spiritual process.. this in itself can bring all personal development to a complete halt, because they believe they've reached the end.

I did this myself for a long time, it took me almost two years to realize what i had been doing, it's so easy to identify with your own ideal of what spirituality is to you that you can actually close yourself off from everything.

That's exactly what happened.

My whole thing is, I really don't care what people believe and feel like it's not my place to intervene or say anything about it, as long as they aren't going out and trying to hurt others because of it. When you start thinking your beliefs give you a free pass to do whatever you want to do to people, or you mistreat people because they don't share your views; or think your chosen deity actually wants you to harm them.....

divine g

Banned
divine g: I find it disconcerting that you examine all these things from a finite perspective. God is Infinite. Has your meditation taught you that anyone is a toenail? Or waste material of any kind? Are there any whom God would shed away? It is His Will that all should come to know and Love Him, yes? The body is dust and shall die, but the soul is God expressed, Living and Infinite. Why is it so important that you identify yourself as the dust that will perish? As a human, you are small and broken. As a child of God, you are Infinite as He is. Know that you are a soul and this body is just an adornment for a season. These clothes must be washed and changed at times. Every human is only a very narrow expression of his or her own soul. Our inheritance is much bigger than the playpen in which we reside now. The Living God Loves All. There are no exceptions.

Mark read what I wrote above before you respond to me.
"
Nothing separates us from the rest of the universe spiritually, but trapped in our physical forms, we're puny. Humans serve a purpose in the unity of all things, but the higher consciousness which put all the stars and planets in their places, is something that will most likely be way out of human comprehension, until the soul inside the human returns to the source."
And dont give me your Jesus saves mumbo jumbo about God loving everybody, I turned down a scholarship to major in Philosophy and Religion in college, ok?

And if there's one thing the Bible repeats over and over, is that God hates most human beings, (save only for a few, hence the "chosen people" of Israel) and the Lord Jehovah spends most of the Old Testament threatening to destroy people. In fact, Genesis 6 speaks of God bringing the Great Flood to rid the earth of human wickedness and is "sorry he ever made them"(Gen 6:6). It's only the self-appointed apostle Paul who created a new religion, and a new god, the total opposite of the OT god, a god of love, who is supposedly the son of the God of Wrath, aka YHVH, aka YAHWEH, aka JEHOVAH.

Fast Forward from the First book of the Bible to the last book, Revelations, and sure enough, you have prophetic revelation after revelation predicting worldwide death and destruction in the end times. You're surrounded by all this, yet you claim God loves everybody. Tell that to the ppl of Fukushima now, I dare you.

Read the Bible before you speak about God. I really think ppl who preach salvation of everbody, including rapists, murderers, etc. have some kind of pathology, or are just intellectually child-like and unintelligent. No rational person would look at this world of suffering, and say that God loves everybody. Save those lies for your kids at Christmas, when you're sitting around the Christmas tree, telling them Santa brought their gifts from the North Pole, don't preach any of this Jesus loves you nonsense to me. I know my stuff, save the fairy tales for the kids.

Last edited:

divine g

Banned
I think God made us, and that he gave up his son to save us. I think someone who'd sacrifice their kid for us, sees us as more than just their toenails lmao.
First of all Ruka, I expanded on that analogy by saying there are other body parts, and everyone has their place. Some ppl have more important places in society than others, that's just reality. Would you elect a crack-addict for president, or let a drunk drive you to work? No. So save the "we're all special" bs, please.

And if you believe that God is some sadistic maniac that would have his own son crucified, you are not on my level of comprehension. CHILD SACRIFICE IS SATANIC. Drinking Jesus' blood and eating his body is CANNABILISM and a SATANIC RITUAL and I can sniff a Satanist a mile away. Save it.

The name "Jesus" really hides the fact that it's actually J-ZEUS, the name of the Greek God Zeus, bc the Greeks and Romans weren't ready to worship a Hebrew Prophet with a Jewish name, which in Hebrew was Yashua, as there were no J's in "Jesus"' time.

Here, learn something new today, and wake up out of this spell the CHILD MOLESTORS OF THE VATICAN IN ROME HAVE PUT YOU UNDER. http://www.hiddenbible.com/jesuszeus/jesuszeus.html

"The name of Jesus is a 400 year old name approximately, because the English language never had the letter "J" till then."

Last edited:

myst1calz

Ruka_5

The more important question is, y do u feel responsible for other peoples suffering? Or their happiness?if u love urself, u wont need to look for suffering in others. Nothing is negative or positive. Bad or good. It is all.....simply an experience. People choose these circumstances to demonstrate to themselves what the power of separation can do to them n how disconnected they are from their true essence caused by these actions n circumstances. Whether they are the victim or perpetrator. Whether they are conscious of this fact or not... Even the most heinous acts of cruelty, involves an element of unconditional love. Otherwise, we wont all be here in the first place.

Life is a freakin game. The objective is not to react to fear with any and all sorts of circumstances life presents itself. Its all about mastering ur emotions.

Ruka_5

Banned
Mark read what I wrote above before you respond to me.
"And dont give me your Jesus saves mumbo jumbo about God loving everybody, I turned down a scholarship to major in Philosophy and Religion in college, ok?

And if there's one thing the Bible repeats over and over, is that God hates most human beings, (save only for a few, hence the "chosen people" of Israel) and the Lord Jehovah spends most of the Old Testament threatening to destroy people. In fact, Genesis 6 speaks of God bringing the Great Flood to rid the earth of human wickedness and is "sorry he ever made them"(Gen 6:6). It's only the self-appointed apostle Paul who created a new religion, and a new god, the total opposite of the OT god, a god of love, who is supposedly the son of the God of Wrath, aka YHVH, aka YAHWEH, aka JEHOVAH.

Fast Forward from the First book of the Bible to the last book, Revelations, and sure enough, you have prophetic revelation after revelation predicting worldwide death and destruction in the end times. You're surrounded by all this, yet you claim God loves everybody. Tell that to the ppl of Fukushima now, I dare you.

Read the Bible before you speak about God. I really think ppl who preach salvation of everbody, including rapists, murderers, etc. have some kind of pathology, or are just intellectually child-like and unintelligent. No rational person would look at this world of suffering, and say that God loves everybody. Save those lies for your kids at Christmas, when you're sitting around the Christmas tree, telling them Santa brought their gifts from the North Pole, don't preach any of this Jesus loves you nonsense to me. I know my stuff, save the fairy tales for the kids.

...What if it's that the devil is responsible for all the bad things that happen, and God is responsible for the good? I used to think like you do, too - I actually used to be an atheist - then after awhile I saw someone say something along those lines and realized they might be on to something.

I just have a really hard time believing God would make us all and then torture us and do all this sick **** to us. I think he loves us and wants good things for all of us and for us all to treat each other right, but that the devil has other plans.

And too, I think that some parts of the Bible are legit, but that a lot was taken out, a lot was added in - and that a lot that was added in, was bull.

Ruka_5

Banned
Ruka_5

The more important question is, y do u feel responsible for other peoples suffering? Or their happiness?if u love urself, u wont need to look for suffering in others. Nothing is negative or positive. Bad or good. It is all.....simply an experience. People choose these circumstances to demonstrate to themselves what the power of separation can do to them n how disconnected they are from their true essence caused by these actions n circumstances. Whether they are the victim or perpetrator. Whether they are conscious of this fact or not... Even the most heinous acts of cruelty, involves an element of unconditional love. Otherwise, we wont all be here in the first place.

Life is a freakin game. The objective is not to react to fear with any and all sorts of circumstances life presents itself. Its all about mastering ur emotions.

...Uh, I'm going to have to disagree with you, there are definitely some things that are bad, and some that are good imo.

And I feel responsible for what goes on with others as far as I'm concerned, i.e, I feel like I don't have the right to cause other people harm, and that the same goes for everybody else, no matter what my or their 'spiritual ideology' is. So yes, I feel it's my personal responsibility to not cause other people's suffering, or contribute to it.

And no matter how eloquently it's worded, I'll never agree with what basically boils down to, people supposedly choosing to be raped or abused or starve or tortured and murdered, or any of the other negative things that people do to each other. And I don't see where unconditional love factors into that at all, unless you mean God's love for us all, which I get because he made us, so it makes sense that he feels that - it's similar to what a parent feels for their child, that they love them no matter what.

And I think we would be here if that's what God wanted, and he clearly did...

Life isn't a game to me either; mine, or anyone else's.

Honestly? I respect your views and you're entitled to them, but your post above is exactly the kind of thing the repels me away from new-age stuff and spirituality in general, because a lot of it reads as though it's encouraging apathy towards other human beings at best, and outright sociopathy at worst. It's a religion that, when you read between the lines, is all head, and no heart, despite all the references to 'love'.

Ruka_5

Banned
First of all Ruka, I expanded on that analogy by saying there are other body parts, and everyone has their place. Some ppl have more important places in society than others, that's just reality. Would you elect a crack-addict for president, or let a drunk drive you to work? No. So save the "we're all special" bs, please.

And if you believe that God is some sadistic maniac that would have his own son crucified, you are not on my level of comprehension. CHILD SACRIFICE IS SATANIC. Drinking Jesus' blood and eating his body is CANNABILISM and a SATANIC RITUAL and I can sniff a Satanist a mile away. Save it.

The name "Jesus" really hides the fact that it's actually J-ZEUS, the name of the Greek God Zeus, bc the Greeks and Romans weren't ready to worship a Hebrew Prophet with a Jewish name, which in Hebrew was Yashua, as there were no J's in "Jesus"' time.

Here, learn something new today, and wake up out of this spell the CHILD MOLESTORS OF THE VATICAN IN ROME HAVE PUT YOU UNDER. http://www.hiddenbible.com/jesuszeus/jesuszeus.html

You're talking about man-made social status and labels, which is something different. That stuff doesn't really matter. I believe that, when you boil it down, everybody is equally important and their lives are equally valuable. That president isn't any better than that crackhead and his life isn't worth any more. I think it's a testament to how messed up modern society is, that a lot of people think his life IS more valuable.

And sadism is when you do something for your own personal enjoyment or even sexual pleasure. I don't think God 'got off' on it, I think that he did it because he loved us that much. Who's drinking Jesus' blood and eating his body? I'm not Catholic :lol: . And just because I believe in God and consider myself Christian, doesn't mean I agree with every organized religion and what they preach, or even that I believe in or agree with everything in the Bible. Like I said before, I think a lot of rewriting and omitting went on and a lot of things that God never intended to be in there, were put in his mouth. I don't even attend church because a lot of churches, and a lot of preachers, give me that same 'something is not right here and doesn't add up' feeling that I get when I read a lot of new-age text.

And I know the Zeitgeist theories about the Bible, but I'm not going to be so quick to buy that. Just because words or names sound the same doesn't mean that one was necessarily a copy of the other, or that because a story has some similarities to ancient myths that existed, that that means that story is definitely a rip-off of those myths. To me that's similar to saying that...okay, let's say a blond guy commits a crime out where you live, and then cops go out on the street and grab the first blond guy they see and arrest him and throw him in jail for life and say that guy committed the crime. For me it's like that. That's not enough to go on imo.

And, again - I'm not Catholic, and like every other human being on the planet, I have a problem with the widespread child molestation in the Catholic Church and how they tend to sweep it under the rug; as well as how the Vatican has all these ancient texts and things that they lock up and keep away from the public....

lazarusx

And no matter how eloquently it's worded, I'll never agree with what basically boils down to, people supposedly choosing to be raped or abused or starve or tortured and murdered, or any of the other negative things that people do to each other.

Do you not feel more compassion having witnessed those in suffering? Is suffering pointless or does it to some degree serve a purpose, some of the greatest travesty's of humankind have inspired some of the greatest shifts of compassion.

Lets not lie to ourselves, the world isn't rainbows and sunshine as much as some people would like to believe it is, suffering does exist.. people are raped, tortured and murdered.. it's how we react to this that demonstrates our true self. If we react in anger and rage we are no better then the perpetrators themselves, if we react with compassion and humility we allow the divines grace to radiate from us inspiring others, there's numerous historical figures who emanated this; Jesus, Buddha, Gandhi, Ramana Marhashi and many more..

On the note of people 'choosing' there suffering; who's to say that they were not the perpetrator in a past life, choosing to reincarnate as the victim in order to experience the consequences of their actions on the karmic cycle. I'm not suggesting this is true nor could i ever know, and it certainty doesn't excuse us from helping these poor people, if anything there situation should inspire greater compassion in those more fortunate and we do see this in the world as much as we see suffering..

Ruka_5

Banned
Do you not feel more compassion having witnessed those in suffering? Is suffering pointless or does it to some degree serve a purpose, some of the greatest travesty's of humankind have inspired some of the greatest shifts of compassion.

Lets not lie to ourselves, the world isn't rainbows and sunshine as much as some people would like to believe it is, suffering does exist.. people are raped, tortured and murdered.. it's how we react to this that demonstrates our true self. If we react in anger and rage we are no better then the perpetrators themselves, if we react with compassion and humility we allow the divines grace to radiate from us inspiring others, there's numerous historical figures who emanated this; Jesus, Buddha, Gandhi, Ramana Marhashi and many more..

On the note of people 'choosing' there suffering; who's to say that they were not the perpetrator in a past life, choosing to reincarnate as the victim in order to experience the consequences of their actions on the karmic cycle. I'm not suggesting this is true nor could i ever know, and it certainty doesn't excuse us from helping these poor people, if anything there situation should inspire greater compassion in those more fortunate and we do see this in the world as much as we see suffering..

Most people are born with empathy and the ability to feel compassion (barring sociopaths of course) - life doesn't need to torture you to get that out of you.

And I think saying that someone should feel compassion for someone who raped their kid, or mistreated them or someone close to them in some way is another one of those things that sounds good on paper but is inherently unrealistic. Sure, maybe Jesus or Buddha could do it but I've never said I was Jesus or Buddha. And I get the feeling that a lot of the people who are the quickest to say this stuff, would be reacting very differently if it was their child or their loved one.

I've always found the 'you did it in a past life so you got it in this one' theory extremely offensive as well. Especially since there's no way to prove it or back up these assertions, so as you said, it could very well be false, and it essentially boils down to blaming the victim and helps create a climate of apathy towards them that they don't deserve.

I think too that, whoever thought that stuff up, just wanted a quick tidy answer as to why bad things happen to people, because obviously it's scary to think that sometimes bad things just happen to good people and that's just how it is - because then it makes you realize how vulnerable we all are and how anything can happen to any of us at any time. Psychologically that's a hard thought to deal with and leaves you with no sense of security. So I think it developed as a coping mechanism - "Oh, they must've done something in a past life to warrant this", that way people can tell themselves that won't be them or someone they loved and retain that sense of security.

Which is fine for the people who are fortunate enough to never experience any kind of victimization or suffering, but is an absolute slap in the face to those who have.

Also - I don't buy that suffering is necessary in order for people to learn and grow. People, even animals, learn things all the time without going through traumatic experiences, abuse, or some kind of negative reinforcement or whatever it's called in order to do so. Most schools don't allow teachers to beat students but people still manage to come out of school having learned something.

It just doesn't add up to me.