mars conjunct algol

oleanna

Hello everybody!
i am new here, - and for many years interested in astrology, but not really having knowledge about it in a deeper sense.
Especially when it comes to the traditional astrology, or horary charts i feel like an absolute beginner. so i thought it could be a good idea to become a member here and see and learn through this step!
- Now, a friend of mine asked me to look up with him his natal chart. and i saw he has mars conjunct algol.(less than 1 degree)
i am not into fixstars, just know Algol is known for rather "bad" things, - so i pass on his question what this constellation could mean?
- On top there's as well a conjunction with the south node (less than 2 degrees from Mars, less than 3 from Algol).... any ideas? I am very grateful to read from you! - and if this would be the complete wrong place to post my question, i'd be happy to get told where the right place would be! Thank you all! ---
oh, and i forgot: this all takes place in the 12th house!!

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Hello everybody!
i am new here, - and for many years interested in astrology, but not really having knowledge about it in a deeper sense.
Especially when it comes to the traditional astrology, or horary charts i feel like an absolute beginner. so i thought it could be a good idea to become a member here and see and learn through this step!
- Now, a friend of mine asked me to look up with him his natal chart. and i saw he has mars conjunct algol.(less than 1 degree)
i am not into fixstars, just know Algol is known for rather "bad" things, - so i pass on his question what this constellation could mean?
- On top there's as well a conjunction with the south node (less than 2 degrees from Mars, less than 3 from Algol).... any ideas? I am very grateful to read from you! - and if this would be the complete wrong place to post my question, i'd be happy to get told where the right place would be! Thank you all! ---
oh, and i forgot: this all takes place in the 12th house!!
Fixed star: ALGOL
Constellation: Beta (β) Perseus
Longitude 1900: 24TAU46

Longitude 2000: 26TAU10
Declination 1900: +40.34'

Declination 2000: +40.57'
Right ascension: 03h 08m

Latitude: +22.25'
Spectral class: B8 Magnitude: 2.1 VA

THE FIXED STARS IN NATAL ASTROLOGY :smile:
http://constellationsofwords.com/cat...atalrobson.htm

Beta (β) Perseus, Algol, is a bright star positioned on the severed head that Perseus is carrying.
It is an eclipsing binary
every 68 hours and 49 minutes this Demon Star ‘blinks’
for roughly 8 hours
as the dimmer star of the pair passes between the brighter and the earth

Algol.JPG

Perp.JPG

oleanna

Great, i got an answer!
Thanks a lot for the really good link, Jupiterasc !
I just read some of it and it's enlightening!

- Do you or does anyone else have experience with such a "sum of bad" in a natal chart?