Help with synastry chart / stand out elements

Lihar

Hi I'm a relative beginner in astrology, but my personal planets fall as follows:
Sun Gemini, Moon Aquarius, Mercury Gemini, Venus Taurus and Mars Libra. Sag rising

I met and have fallen in love with my boyfriend of 5 months now who also has 4 of the 5 above planets in air and the other in earth and he has:
Sun Gemini, Moon Aquarius, Mercury Gemini, Venus Gemini and Mars Taurus. Gem rising

Having known him for this time and my best friend is also his cousin, we notice that his Mars in Taurus seems really prevalent. He does display Gemini qualities without a doubt but he has a really steadiness about him and is slow to anger but when he does, you know about it. There is a lot of emotional sensitivity which I feel is Gemini, as I also have that and we both sometimes bottle up our emotions in what I think is aquarius moon style. in fact we generally seem very similar and I wondered if a personal planet can stand out more and why it does this?
I've read what I think is a lot of unfair comments about venus in Gemini and Gemini in general actually about not being able to commit or stay loyal. both myself and my boyfriends past has been only long term loyal relationships and actually both of us really want to settle down. Is this the earth in both of us? I just wanted to delve a little deeper into this and am not sure where to start. I have tried looking at our synastry chart to see how compatible we are but I don't really know what to look for or where. Ie the house overlays. Any hints and tips and thoughts on our personal planets ? Would love to learn more from those of you who have more knowledge.
Thanks!
http://s1148.photobucket.com/user/lihar/media/astro_61gw_01_02_lisa_liam_36824_7894_zpsfd74718c.png.html

opiumchild

I'm not comfortable enough with interpretations, but I can speak to the Venus in Gemini. I also have Venus in Gemini in the 9th house (so not necessarily the most "devoted" of placements) but I am known for my intense and serious long-term relationships (1st boyfriend=2 years, 2nd boyfriend=6 years, plus still in love with a guy I've known for the past 12-13 years). I think the whole Venus in Gemini is more about an expression of our "love" styles.. I can be very flirty and affection, a total toucher, and if you aren't capable of good witty banter and communication I'm not going to even bother. I think the bad rep Venus in Gemini gets is cause we ARE flirty, both men and women, and sometimes we do tend to get caught in positions where we can "be in love" with two people at the same time. In my instance I wasdating a guy, but thinking about someone else. And the person I was thinking about was also dating someone, but thinking about me (he also has venus in gemini)...

sooo... dunnos if that means anything haha :)