Part of Fortune, how important is it?

Zonark

Is it the Sun, Moon and Ascendant combined showing the native's soul, instinct, appearance and personality under one sign or is it more mundane?

Zonark

Traditionally PoF is important :smile:
but Modernists do not note it much

Well tradition holds a lot of wisdom, but in what way is the PoF significant to traditionalists? Does it influence as I'm guessing, by combining the Sun, Moon and Ascendant as one whole or does it work differently?

JUPITERASC

Well tradition holds a lot of wisdom, but in what way is the PoF significant to traditionalists?

Does it influence as I'm guessing, by combining the Sun, Moon and Ascendant as one whole or does it work differently?
Our EDUCATION BOARD article by Ray Austin explains the basics :smile:
Part I – The Lots

I’ll go on to explain the five different lots, so you see the usefulness.

The Lot of Fortune
The key.
This is the native’s potential for prosperity, the character of the native,
and another characterization of the native’s physical body.
It is the medium through which the other lots operate,
as it is the ‘physical body’, thus the vehicle through which the native executes their ambitions.
It can also be considered a gateway.

Strong – The native is blessed with the vitality to achieve fortune, as well as auspicious character.
They also have potential for great prosperity.
If the other lots are fortunate, then we have a good medium
through which privileged promise can operate.
They may be ambitious.

Weak
– The physical form may hinder attainment in some fashion,
and/or the character of the native is not conducive towards success.
They may not have a great promise of prosperity.
If other lots promise great things, the native himself may be too weak to realize such gains.
They may not even care for great success
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13197

Zonark

Our EDUCATION BOARD article by Ray Austin explains the basics :smile:
Part I – The Lots

I’ll go on to explain the five different lots, so you see the usefulness.

The Lot of Fortune
The key.
This is the native’s potential for prosperity, the character of the native,
and another characterization of the native’s physical body.
It is the medium through which the other lots operate,
as it is the ‘physical body’, thus the vehicle through which the native executes their ambitions.
It can also be considered a gateway.

Strong – The native is blessed with the vitality to achieve fortune, as well as auspicious character.
They also have potential for great prosperity.
If the other lots are fortunate, then we have a good medium
through which privileged promise can operate.
They may be ambitious.

Weak
– The physical form may hinder attainment in some fashion,
and/or the character of the native is not conducive towards success.
They may not have a great promise of prosperity.
If other lots promise great things, the native himself may be too weak to realize such gains.
They may not even care for great success
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13197

Ty JA always the most helpful poster on the board as usual.

Still think Pluto is a planet though.

CapAquaPis

My PoF is 14' Cancer, just 3' above the ASC node (17'), which tells me a lot of power (I believe not optimistic if it's in Cancer) it may have on me personally.

Phoenix Venus

The part of fortune can be described as the concept or idea that one might actively pursue in order to fulfill their dharma and their life mission.

Lets look at some examples to get a clear understanding.

The part of fortune and all other parts are natally active in regards to their sabian symbol. So we will look at the sabian symbols of some peoples parts of fortune and see how they might fit into the natives lives.

Gandhi's part of fortune was at the 13th degree of virgo. Heres the key phrases of the sabian symbol taken from Dane Rudhyar's "An Astrological Mandala":

"A POWERFUL STATESMAN OVER-COMES A STATE OF POLITICAL HYSTERIA.

KEYNOTE: The focusing of the collective need for order and structural interdependence into a personage who incarnates the answer to this need. CHARISMA."

Well how fitting is that?

Kurt Cobain proppelled the grunge scene in the 90's. His part of fortune is at 3 aqua:

"A DESERTER FROM THE NAVY.

KEYNOTE: The individual's self-realization through a crucial repudiation of a collective status which has become unbearable. DESOCIALIZATION."

Self-realization through repudiation of a collective status... The epitome of grunge and what he admittingly experienced as being in the limelight and bucking the industry. So if we say the part of fortune is about what actions one might take to best accomplish their dharma and their mission in life... This is right on point.

Carl Jung the Godfather of the "collective consciousness" had a part of fortune in the 19th degree of scorpio:

"A PARROT REPEATS THE CONVERSATION HE HAS OVERHEARD.

KEYNOTE: The capacity to transmit transcendental knowledge. CHANNELSHIP."

Well I'll be. The sabians prove themself time and again to be spot on.

Richard Nixon's part of fortune is rather interesting. It's at 18 libra:

"TWO MEN PLACED UNDER ARREST.

KEYNOTE: A breakdown in the constructive relationship between the individual and society, and the expectable result. FACING THE CONSEQUENCES."

We might begin to understand the importance of the part of fortune in the life of the native. These are only a few examples but we start to get a picture and you might see why i liken it to the "Christ Consciousness".

Also please read my thread entitled "The Parts of Fortune & Soul according to Rudhyar" for a comprehensive understanding of how these parts move with the moon phases and what that suggests regarding their distinct application in a chart. http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=688081#post688081

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

The Sabian symbols for my PoF, Juno placement and Ascendant node (all in 7 degree range 11-17' Cancer).

Part of Fortune
10-11 deg Cancer
A Clown Caricaturing Well-Known Personalities

11-12 deg Cancer
A Chinese Woman Nursing A Baby Whose Aura Reveals Him To Be The Reincarnation Of A Great Teacher

Juno placement
13-14 deg Cancer
A Very Old Man Facing A Vast Dark Space To The Northeast

14-15 deg Cancer
In A Sumptuous Dining Hall Guests Relax After Partaking Of A Huge Banquet

And Ascendant node or rising point
16-17 deg Cancer
The Unfoldment Of Multilevel Potentialities Issuing From An Original Germ

17-18 deg Cancer
A Hen Scratching The Ground To Find Nourishment For Her Progeny

I like for someone reading the thread to explain the signficance of such a trio of PoF, an asteroid and rising point through analysis of the Sabian symbols.

Phoenix Venus

The Sabian symbols for my PoF, Juno placement and Ascendant node (all in 7 degree range 11-17' Cancer).

Part of Fortune
10-11 deg Cancer
A Clown Caricaturing Well-Known Personalities

11-12 deg Cancer
A Chinese Woman Nursing A Baby Whose Aura Reveals Him To Be The Reincarnation Of A Great Teacher

Juno placement
13-14 deg Cancer
A Very Old Man Facing A Vast Dark Space To The Northeast

14-15 deg Cancer
In A Sumptuous Dining Hall Guests Relax After Partaking Of A Huge Banquet

And Ascendant node or rising point
16-17 deg Cancer
The Unfoldment Of Multilevel Potentialities Issuing From An Original Germ

17-18 deg Cancer
A Hen Scratching The Ground To Find Nourishment For Her Progeny

I like for someone reading the thread to explain the signficance of such a trio of PoF, an asteroid and rising point through analysis of the Sabian symbols.

Anyone born near the new moon will have pof conjunct the ascendant.

I would need to see the chart.

CapAquaPis

Anyone born near the new moon will have pof conjunct the ascendant.

I would need to see the chart.

Late reply: Here's my chart - My POF is indeed 11' Cancer (the sabian symbol of a mother who highly influences her child). And Cancer is ruler of my moon conjunct Sun in Aquarius.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_michael.45394.11310.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_michael.45394.11310.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 22