Part of Fortune in Modern Astrology

JUPITERASC

The natal POF can also be used in predictive work: such as in simple symbolic progression; for example:

-Both Trump and Hillary had their natal POF's in Aquarius;

BUT PoF is an extremely sensitive point
and so
due to unreliable birth data for HRC
the location of HRCS PoF is extremely uncertain :smile:

there are in fact
MULTIPLE ALTERNATIVE TIMES OF BIRTH FOR HILLARY CLINTON https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Clinton,_Hillary
in his 70th year (2016) at the time of the election, Trump's POF had progressed into Trumps natal 10th house (of advancement, governance, etc)

-Now, Hillary's POF (at her 69th year of 2016 at the time of the election)
had ALSO progressed into HER natal 10th house;
HOWEVER, in Hillary's progression, her natal SN had progressed (by 2016) into CONJUNCTION with her NATAL POF,
so the + indications by progression of her POF were cancelled out by the - indication of SN prog to natal POF;
givne the lack of a reliable time of birth for HRC that's speculative

ASTROLOGY PODCAST – HILLARY CLINTONS BIRTHTIME REVISITED

http://theastrologypodcast.com/2016/...ime-revisited/
Trump had no such progressed condition afflicting his natal POF, so his progressed POF into his 10th house acted purely benefically.

blacksun?

Does anyone have a "therapeutical" example of how to use the Part of Fortune?

Once the meaning is broadly the point where we are in a healthy relation with this world, how should we behave to get closer with this point?

I found one at last. Its fruitful to take the sign of the POF as the first house, and count from there. That is apparently what the classics used it for, as a kind of accumulated ascendant, with the added forces of Sun and moon.

So if like me you have POF in LEO, ascendant is Leo like and the second house is Virgo like, Third house Libra an so on -
try it out, and see if it isnt therapeutic.

It doesnt take away from the original house division, it just works on a more internal level -- or rather, it seems to apply more and more as we gain more experience in life.

dr. farr

Right: this was the basis of the very ancient method of reading a chart called "the Circle of the Athela", and is mentioned by Manilius (14 CE), and dates from centuries before even then!

Larri

I use part of fortune by its other name part of joy, it helps an interpretation to be not just about material well being but what brings joy.

CapAquaPis

My POF is 11' Cancer right next to my ASC node-17', about 6' apart - Sun 26' Aquarius/Moon 20' Aquarius. In between the POF and ASC is Juno at 14'. And most of all, my true node is 29' Leo - opposite the Sun/Moon conjunction.

Claire19

It is best to post a chart when talking about your aspects etc. I would say 6 degrees is to far for Part of Fortune aspects. You can only have one chart ruler.
Aquarius for instance is ruled by only Uranus. Saturn is for Capricorn.

Dubyadude1986

Hey guys, sorry it's been a few months - been healing up and studying in school.

So.

I want to show you my PoF exact sun (15 and 16 Cap) w/i 1 degree w/ Pluto Rx going across it at 17 Cap w/i 1 degree orb...

I don't even know where to start with how this has been. I think later in life, I "get there." For now, it's hell.

Feedback welcome and appreciated, otherwise, here's a sample for your thread.

Hope you all are well. Found my password again; Pisces Asc problems.;)

Last edited:

Dubyadude1986

This is said POf/Sun with Pluto Rx transit exact...

Also have Saturn dancing around my MC; can't wait for Pluto to enter my 11th again and stay this time... :annoyed:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 1.42.03 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 1.42.03 AM.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 1.51.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 1.51.58 AM.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 24

david starling

Hey guys, sorry it's been a few months - been healing up and studying in school.

So.

I want to show you my PoF exact sun (15 and 16 Cap) w/i 1 degree w/ Pluto Rx going across it at 17 Cap w/i 1 degree orb...

I don't even know where to start with how this has been. I think later in life, I "get there." For now, it's hell.

Feedback welcome and appreciated, otherwise, here's a sample for your thread.

Hope you all are well. Found my password again; Pisces Asc problems.;)

Fellow Pisces Asc here. I've forgotten mine several times. Good to see you back! :biggrin:

CapAquaPis

It is best to post a chart when talking about your aspects etc. I would say 6 degrees is to far for Part of Fortune aspects. You can only have one chart ruler.
Aquarius for instance is ruled by only Uranus. Saturn is for Capricorn.

Here's my natal chart with the Pars Fortunae or part of Fortune I was referring to.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_michael.45394.11310.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_michael.45394.11310.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 27

sandrang123

I work with POF when looking at worldly success, mental and physical health, and career or vocation. I look to the sign and house to suggest karmic/innate abilities or talents in order to find where those talents are expressed most naturally.

I also look to see if any planets or points are in conjunction to or opposite of POF, again as signifying vocation, keys to success.

I determine ruling planet for the sign of POF...another significator.

I look at any planets or points in the same sign as POF, whether they are conjunct or not, as the planets and points still influence profession.

CapAquaPis

so...do I need the ASC (personal point), my PoF and sun sign ruler planet house (5th for me)? to figure out my part of self? 17' 33" Cancer + 11' 15" Cancer - 25' 29" Scorpio (Uranus for Aquarians) = what degree now (3' 19-21" Pisces)? It might distinguish more about me.

Last edited:

AtlanticPacific

For me as well - Jupiter will hit my POF at 5 deg Scorpio in November after crossing my Sun at 0 degrees. Will be interesting to see what transpires!