Can I make it as a stand up comic?

thomas

I'm considering getting into stand up comedy. This is something I have considered for a while now. Do you think this would be successful in terms of fame, money and creative satisfaction? I notice that the seventh house has quite a few planets including Mercury in Virgo. I see this as positive. Neptune is in the first house. This could mean I lack objectivity. Moon, the ruler of the fifth is in the second house in Taurus where it is exalted, which should be seen as favorable. Fifth is for creative projects and 2nd is for money. 2nd lord Mars is almost conjunct IC, but it is not dignified. Similarly Saturn is conjunct IC but does not have dignity although it is 11th lord and 12th lord. 1st lord and 10th lord Jupiter is in 7th house of people and fame but is in Virgo, its sign of detriment, which may be a mixed bag. It is conjunct Mercury in Virgo (exalted!) but this is a separating aspect. 7th lord Mercury is in 7, which is good. Jupiter is conjunct Venus, which is the planet of show business and ruler of 2nd but both Jupiter and Venus are uncomfortable in Virgo.

I think this can work but the money may not be much. Please tell me what you think.

Attachments

• standup.gif
    standup.gif
    51.5 KB · Views: 41

Julia Karmic Astrology

When I see Saturn/Mars conjunct the MC, I see the opportunity for someone to have a dynamic impact upon the world via a controlled disciplined approach to career. There can be a concentrated will in a hard working, assertive individual. Care must be taken however to avoid feeling helpless, powerless, or inconsistent. There may be blocks and delays, do not get discouraged, they are there for a reason.

Julia

Oddity

CT is correct. Saturn peregrine on the MC (with Mars and Antares, no less) bodes very badly for fame or good public reputation.

conspiracy theorist

That's nice and all and it may even be valid in a natal chart where the course of a lifetime is being delineated but this is a horary chart set for a specific question.

Mars and Saturn are both malefics, peregrine, in a hot and dry sign (no mitigation), conjunct the fixed star Antares (war like amongst other things), and are most elevated at the MC in this chart so has great power to act. No amount of sugar coating will change that this is not an auspicious aspect to have in a hoary chart about career

The individual in this chart would be the ruler of the first which is Jupiter in the house of the other and in his fall. This is not an advantageous place to be.

The chart gives a clear warning but it is up to the individual if he heeds it or not.

tikana

basicall No

you got 2 malefics in 10th house
weakened jupiter L10
Moon is okay but doesnt do anything to L10

Julia Karmic Astrology

That's nice and all and it may even be valid in a natal chart where the course of a lifetime is being delineated but this is a horary chart set for a specific question.

Mars and Saturn are both malefics, peregrine, in a hot and dry sign (no mitigation), conjunct the fixed star Antares (war like amongst other things), and are most elevated at the MC in this chart so has great power to act. No amount of sugar coating will change that this is not an auspicious aspect to have in a hoary chart about career

The individual in this chart would be the ruler of the first which is Jupiter in the house of the other and in his fall. This is not an advantageous place to be.

The chart gives a clear warning but it is up to the individual if he heeds it or not.

Major oops on my part. I did not see that this was horary. Yikes sorry.

Julia

Vyri

Banned
Dear Thomas,:happy:

Will you give a little background, age, temperment-personality, gregarious energy? Are you a creative dreamy straight forward kind of guy with some seasoned experience under your belt? How are your looks, unique or handsome with some distinctive attribute to augment your potential expectancy of success? Note Neptune in the 1st house in Pisces...hmmm:wink:

When I see the seriousness of the Mars Saturn conjunction in the showmanship higher mental sign of Sagittarius, (potentially malefic energy denying success, but lessened or mitigated by the beneficial energy of Jupiter’s natural ruler-ship of this sign) my thoughts attune themselves to an approach you might adopt to benefit by their expressions or known temperament traits within this sign. I also think of Jack Benny’s comedy showmanship-his delivery of hard knock criticisms’ that always portrayed a serious, taciturn general attitude towards other’s. He supplied myriad personalities to shoulder the sometimes harsh punch line to his jokes. Always another was to blame as he portrayed himself as the innocent by stander (a masculine Mars indictment in Sag. The bad boy-grown up syndrome) He gave thought provoking (Sag) often unpopular approach’s (Jupiter in Virgo) when landing his justifying egotistical self-centered arguments (again Saturn in Sag. Jupiter in Virgo) colorings to often terse statements that involved his audience toward finality of his jokes. He was often heard saying “Now I ask you” supplying a loop hole for his exit-drawing in the audience personally. His summations of the laugh line almost always portrayed a thought provoking hand to his face appealing to the audience to be on his side against all the bantering and blames his wit had previously delivered ….Oh My, an “am I to blame” self-effacing quip could be heard. Another Virgo intellectual scape goat excuse giving trait of temperament. Do you include such attitudes in your comedy sketches?

Mercury is exalted in sharp Virgo, with doubtless flaw to reason, yet sometimes dark in factual truth. Sharp as a surgeon’s knife was his strait forward direct approach in a logical self-assured argumentative masculine presentation. The personality he personified was often a backbiting tale teller to each his victims’ involvement of his jokes. Will you be demonstrating that type of behavior to your comedic relief?

His persona on the stage is characteristic of the potentials of the planetary placements-energies I see within your chart. His comedy was mastered by his knowledge of the general public’s psychology (Sag.) His stance was oftentimes unfeeling and blunt, (not an instant favorite, Sun square Saturn and Mars- develops momentum by hard work accomplishing obstacles to be overcome by dedication of mental disciplines=aspects from the Sun in the 6th, soon to be 7th house going to the 9th) These placements might also speak of off colour remarks within your jokes. As Jack was often in argument with his side kick Rochester (Mars conj. Saturn in thinking Sag.) heard to loudly accuse him to fault of the predicaments, you might include such a parody with another in your sketches should you decide to try your hand on the stage-the Sun soon entering the 7th possibly lending energies towards a future attempt to shine publicly?
Should you wish to develop a similar personality type the placements shown in the chart as I see them take on these matter of fact attitudes drawing in an audience to appreciate a sanguine detached individual able to give one liner’s of dry humorous material.

It is my understanding that Jupiter and Saturn share a displacement effect being in signs each may hold harmony within by way of an exchange status. (data given by Doris Chase Doane, ie Horary Astrology) Jupiter can get out of his predicament back in his dignity of Sagittarius and Saturn feels at home in Virgo-lending to a scientific critical nature, a right expression for his direct heavy factual energies. He is steady and exact in this sign. Making long termed attempts at memory effectiveness toward permanent learning patterns (Virgo ruling the 6th house of habits, ways of putting our efforts to use) Jupiter back in his dignity in Sag. In the 9th- ruling the ego-possible noted fame and accolades that the great benefic grants within this house-additionally giving you an intrinsic insightfulness or intuition to your hidden potential as known psychology. (Sag. with Jupiter within this sign speaks additionally of portent or second sight too successful delivery of hidden natural presence towards your efforts to shine on the stage?) I interpret some popularity is to be gained if an attitude of hard work is understood and applied-a deliberate plan of action to develop each varied planetary position by way of being in a more positive sign or area of house activities should be developed if success will be gained of their displacements. (9th and 6th house, Sun within orb of the public 7th- placements possibly giving prominent notice of publicity. Again placements mentioned above...)

Hoping you will apply yourself to overcome seemingly discouraging energies hinting at unpopularity as there are other expressions Saturn and Jupiter are capable to demonstrate in mutual agreement signs. The Moon being in exalted Taurus will soon achieve her trine to Pluto in the 11th house in Capricorn, coming from the 2nd. There is no doubt in my mind Pluto and Moon energies will offer conservative attempts to appeal to the masses. The Moon in the fixed sign Taurus will present a lengthy tenure of energy towards opportunities to appear before the multitude which may result of some successes coming your way. Being positive and making vociferous efforts towards your creative aims of expression (Moon in Taurus) ...“oy-vey” perhaps including a little song and dance routine in your shtick may help? Just joking?

Only an amature here... :whistling:
All the best
Vyri

thomas

Vyri,

I'm touched that you put in so much effort into analyzing my horary chart and situation. Thank you! I'm an eternal optimist.

I'm good at writing, have a sense of humor and am articulate. I have also trained for something like what I'm considering doing. In temperament I am intense, have radical points of view that are often not populist or politically correct. What I have been planning is something much milder than this that would have wider appeal and be more inclusive. I have the ability to mimic. Perhaps this and that I am articulate shows up as Mercury in Virgo. I have the ability to work hard and with patience. I see the Moon in Taurus as signifying mirth and indulgence and seems favorable for standup comedy. The trine to Pluto hopefully indicates a long term impact in terms of influencing opinions. I've noticed that several planets in the seventh, including the ruler of the first are generally positive for persistence and for fame. In natal charts I have seen such people dealing effectively with whatever is thrown their way and getting a lot of energy from the people they come in contact with, in daily life. I would see it as positive for anything people-oriented. I'll hope for the best. Your analysis is very interesting and touches upon many aspects of my personality.

Thanks!

Thomas

thomas

Thank you for your insight.

Let me elaborate a bit on what was going through my mind, still is, about this situation. I will be putting my neck on the line here, as every person who attempts something creative does. The reactions can be anything from one extreme to another extreme. So, I was trying to assess whether I should take the risk. There isn't going to be much money invested in this. Not too much time either because what I'm about to do isn't very difficult (for me). It is an experiment. I have a different career that pays my bills and have no plans to becoming a full time standup anyway. I'm only hoping my attempt is at least somewhat well received.

. If you asked if you can make money being a comedian that's a different question than "will I be a comedian?" if you asked "will I be" we may be able to gauge the timing and if you'll enjoy it...if you'll be as successful as you wish etc...

tikana

now we're screaming OKAY TIKANA HOW IS MERCURY FASTER WHEN IT IS SLOWING DOWN TO TURN RETRO?

MERCURY IS NOT FASTER HERE.

NATURALLY it is FASTER .. therefore RETRO will NOT affect TOL rule. Skyscript has a whole THREAD on retro and TOLs! haven't we COVERED this once or twice here? I think we did...

Last edited: