Question on Davison Charts

starsgalore

Hi everyone, I'm wondering ... would we read a Davison chart the same as a composite chart, giving the same interpretations as we would for the aspects of the composite charts?

Also, if we add each individual's chart to the Davison chart on a biwheel, would those interpretations be read the same as a synastry chart, only with the Davison chart as chart A (inside), representing the relationship and the individual's chart as chart B (outside) indicating how the individual will respond to or be affected by the relationship?

Thanks for any input you can offer!

katydid

starsgalore said:
Hi everyone, I'm wondering ... would we read a Davison chart the same as a composite chart, giving the same interpretations as we would for the aspects of the composite charts?

Also, if we add each individual's chart to the Davison chart on a biwheel, would those interpretations be read the same as a synastry chart, only with the Davison chart as chart A (inside), representing the relationship and the individual's chart as chart B (outside) indicating how the individual will respond to or be affected by the relationship?

Thanks for any input you can offer!

Do you know the difference between Composite and Davison charts?
It is the same overall concept as a composite, but Ronald Davison saw a flaw with composites that he could not ignore--- It is possible to have 'impossible' aspects in a composite chart. You can have a composite with Mercury trine the Sun etc. The 'flaw' according to Davison is that there is NO real time or place that the composite actually existed. It is not a real chart in the way that Davisons' system is. Instead of taking the midpoint of the planets, the way composites do, he takes the midpoint of the date and time and place, and establishes an actual moment in time. So unlike composites, the Davison chart is an actual moment in space and time.

But is is essentially the 'mid-birthday' of the 2 people. So I am not sure if you could line up the wheels and get anything accurate in that way.

Surely it would be important to highlight themes that are evident in both natal and davison charts. but as for transits or synastry to and from, i do not think it works in theory.

starsgalore

Hi my friend, Katydid (if I may call you that), Thank you as always for sharing your profound knowledge of astrology with us all.

I knew the difference between the Davison and the composite charts, but since the aspects in the davison chart were actual aspects, I thought I might be able to bring these charts together in this way since I don't have any reference books for chart interpretations on the Davison chart or for comparing it with individual charts. This leaves us to think for ourselves so to speak and apply our knowledge of astrology in reading synastry and natal charts to come up with these interpretations, which is what I have been doing, but that question has been burning in my mind, so I just thought I would ask it.

If anyone else has any suggestions for bringing these charts together, please do share, as there are probably others who would like some information on this as well.

katydid

starsgalore said:
I knew the difference between the Davison and the composite charts, but since the aspects in the davison chart were actual aspects, I thought I might be able to bring these charts together in this way since I don't have any reference books for chart interpretations on the Davison chart or for comparing it with individual charts. This leaves us to think for ourselves so to speak and apply our knowledge of astrology in reading synastry and natal charts to come up with these interpretations, which is what I have been doing, but that question has been burning in my mind, so I just thought I would ask it.

I.

You make a good point, that these aspects, unlike in composites, are actual aspects. That would make it theoretically possible for them to be activated by transits.
And you are right that there is not enough reference material available for davison charts. maybe someone has something they can recommend.

p.s. I didn't meant to imply that you didn't know what Davison charts were. Sorry if it came off that way. I just think it is really important to know what it is if one is going to interpret it as there is a big difference in theory from a composite. :eek:

starsgalore

p.s. I didn't meant to imply that you didn't know what Davison charts were. Sorry if it came off that way. I just think it is really important to know what it is if one is going to interpret it as there is a big difference in theory from a composite. :eek:[/quote]

Oh, I didn't take offense to that. I appreciate your input always.