I talk to my planets

C0rnholio

I have discovered something important today...

I found a way to deal with the planets in my chart. Scroll to the bottom if you want the cliff notes version. Or keep reading. (Pardon my language, I promise it will become better later in the post)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I @#$%ing hate meeting groups of new people. I worry too much, most of these new people usually suck, I forget most of the names and faces within minutes of meeting them, sometimes I embarrass myself, I rarely want to meet them again, and at the end the only memory left of the event is lots of worrying and perspiring. I @#$%ing hate it.

My g/f and I are invited to a wedding tomorrow and Saturday. The newlyweds are 21-22 y.o. kids of her rich client. Most would be happy to attend and enjoy the party, even try to crash it if uninvited, but not me. I have been dreading this event all week. I do not want to go.

Two years ago I dumped a perfectly good girlfriend because she kept dragging me to social gatherings. She is a social butterfly, had 600+ friends on Facebook and around town (that was 2 years ago, now she probably has 1000+ friends). My current g/f is social during the day but a homebody in the evening, which works great for me. She often throws parties for friends, which is also wonderful because her friends are her close friends, and I like them.

Today I texted the ex-g/f from 2 years ago and she immediately understood what was going on with me. She first made me promise that I wouldn't dump my current g/f over this, and then she tried to give me some useful tips on how to handle this.

She first suggested that I should just enjoy it and have fun.

I once tried to enjoy myself at a Business School Club networking meeting. I grabbed a plate of food and sat in the corner to enjoy it. I actually at one point stepped outside to enjoy it better, without having anyone around me making noise and bothering me.

The then suggested to get a few drinks to relax myself.

The amount of alcohol required to make me relaxed enough to start really enjoying myself is too great. I would be intoxicated beyond decent.

She suggested that I should take some happy pills. She used to have a prescription for some antidepressants that helped her deal with the job that she hated before she quit it, stopped taking pills, and started to live happily ever after.

I told her yeah, give me some of your happy pills please. Haha.

She suggested that I should talk to people at my table, and that there will be others there who don't really want to be there, and that I could talk to them about the things that are interesting to me.

I said that this won't work. One of these people that I will meet will be the Father of the Bride, the rich client himself, who likes cars and wants to meet me. I think weddings are stupid and plainly suck. I do not want to project my disappointment about the whole event to him. I haven't been sleeping well last few days. I have been drinking every night of the last week. I just want to fall sick and not have to go, LOL.

She reminded to me that the Father of the Bride is spending a lot of money on this wedding to make it perfect, and asked me not to ruin his day.

She said that she would love to go instead of me. I said I should just give some guy $100 to go instead of me.

I expressed my frustration about the whole preparation to this social outing. I already spent $170 on a tie, shirt and pants, and $130 on a gift. I hate ties, haven't worn one in 10 years. I hope this stuff is worth it to my new g/f. Like the Father of the Bride, this event did not come cheap to me. I also spent a whole evening finding their gift registry and choosing what to buy. And spent a day to shop for clothes to wear. Then a few evenings and nights of worrying and getting drunk. Crop like that has killed a whole week of my life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I thought about Astrology, and why I feel that way about meeting new people. Two things popped into my head (see my chart in the signature). The Ruler of the Chart - Venus in Virgo likes to stay alone in her 12th house. And the ruler of that Venus - Mercury in Cancer - only can feel fully comfortable in a familiar, family-like atmosphere. Large social gatherings of new and unfamiliar people deeply upset both of these planets.

If, on the other hand, the group is familiar (Mercury in Cancer is happy), I like that group (Venus is happy), then I can really enjoy the gatherings no matter what size they are. I can even be the center of attention for hours at a time and really enjoy the limelight. Think school reunions, hobby club gatherings, etc. I do not even shy away from "meeting the patents" of a girlfriend because the chances are that I will like them, and they are like family to me.

After realizing all this, I imagined the planets in my chart. My poor little Venus and Mercury are all upset. I imagine their little glyphs and I felt so sorry for them, they were sitting there so pretty, little and cute that I couldn't hold back a laughter. I talked to them in a baby voice and they stopped crying, looked up at me, and everything became better. I told them that what they will have to go through tomorrow isn't as bad as it seems, that they should cheer up a little, and that I will later find a way to make it up to them. Everyone felt happy after that.

After we started to feel better I realized that I have heard of this method before. Someone introduced a concept to internalize planets. The planets are not out there in the sky... They are inside us, and we have control over them. At least we are supposed to have control over them.

Parallel to that, I realized that I once had a similar concept of my own. We know that certain planets are responsible for certain areas of life. Like Venus - social behavior, Mercury - communication, etc. But we have the power to intervene in their affairs.

Sometimes you think and act with your Sun,
sometimes you think and act with your Moon,
sometimes you think and act with your Mercury,
sometimes you think and act with your Venus,
sometimes you think and act with your Mars, etc...
But no matter what the issue and what the area of life is, you can always think with your Sun (or whatever you prefer to think with) at least a little bit about any area of your life, even if that area is normally ruled by other planets.

So I decided that from now on I will be talking to some of my unruly planets, asking, and thinking what they are unhappy about, what they like, and what they want. I should be able to negotiate with them and keep them in check. Then also talk with the happy planets and do things to keep them happy. And if at times I feel like something is wrong, I should be able to always figure out which of the planets is stirring up the storm, and find a way to prevent it, or direct it into the direction that I want.

I am the Captain here.

:rightful:

Flapjacks

Thank you for the story! I think I have a bit of sympathy for your plight, as my Virgo Venus in the 4th isn't too big on large, shallow social gatherings either (though, ruler Mercury in Leo in the 2nd isn't so bad off, and Gemini AC helps).

The psychology of that is interesting. I think what you did was essentially searched out the reason for your problem with those events instead of focusing on the annoyance of your situation. You put yourself in perspective, and if you want to be eccentric about it and talk to your horoscope to do it, more power to you. :p

I feel similar affection for my Mercury. It's not in the best place on the cusp of Leo, retrograde, picked on by Neptune and Pluto, fighting with Moon, racing ahead of the Sun but not enough to keep a level head. Can't say I've ever consoled it directly, though.

Instead of talking to planets themselves, I like to read the stories about the gods that inspire them and draw pictures of them. WWHD? (What would Hermes do?) I focus on that planet's figureheads when I want to bring out the qualities of what they represent in my own way (hey, Catholics have their saints, but at least this isn't so formal...). Imagining stories about my configurations in symbolism with planets as the characters, houses as the stage, the aspects the plot, is also fun.

As far as going to a wedding.. my god man, it's not even your wedding and your drinking yourself to sleep over it? It'll be over soon, and you have no emotional investment in anyone there so there is no reason to lose your grip over what kind of bland conversation you might have. Yeah, that makes it more like a chore, but doesn't your Virgo Venus like chores? Draw on the strength of your sixth house brethren: GET IT DONE. Virgo Venus knows how to smile and be polite. She knows obligations. She can do it with grace. Settle down, pretend your in that 12th house (despite Virgo's fretting ways) and let go!

Ruka_5

Banned
Cornholio, it's more like....each planet (or luminary) in your chart is responsible for different parts of you. The moon is your emotions, mars is how you assert yourself, venus is how you love and what you consider beautiful...etc.

And then obviously they form aspects to one another, which kinda modifies or colors things a bit too...quickest example I have off the top of my head is that my Mars is in Cancer. So my ability to assert myself is linked to or triggered by my emotions. Most interpretations typically say that Mars in this sign makes you passive-aggressive, but the aspects I have to my Mars null and voids a lot of that - my Mars is badly afflicted and squares Jupiter, Saturn, AND Pluto...

...Am I even making sense, here? :unsure:
Hopefully you know what I mean.

hey, nothinng like givin yourself a good talking to. Sounds like you were doing some *inner child* work to.

I get the drift about planets/signs basic interpretations. Also remember cancer is sensitive (like all water signs) and feel more emotional and likes to retreat into it's shell. :wink:

sethi

I have discovered something important today...

:rightful:

You have some clear indications of being a Manglik. The position of saturn (effects) makes you somewhat of a loner. Maybe you like to go in family gatherings more.

Your current feelings will reduce as you grow older. After 40.

40 will most probably be the turning age for you.

You have to try to be sincere to the people you love or those who love you.
Try to find a girl of the same status as your own and not more.

Let me know ur thoughts on the matter

astropsychologist

Oh wow, I love this method! Never thought of trying it before. I do lots of inner child work and it never dawned on my to try some inner planet work. Excellent, thanks for sharing that experience, i'll give it a go next time!

bittermoon

First of all, I enjoyed reading your story (sorry)... but.. why would you go if you don't want to? How is this important? You have Uranus in your first... I'm surprised you even agreed to this!

C0rnholio

Hi Everybody! First, thank you for all the feedback. I am glad you found my experience useful in some way.

The wedding went fine. The ceremony in the church was long and boring. It was more about worshiping than about those who were getting married. I tried to catch some snooze but could not. After the dinner we said hi to the father of the bride and left.

The second day was actually enjoyable, more like a 4th of July family gathering. It was at the beach house, everyone was drinking and swimming, riding boats, and having a much better time. I got to talk to the groom and the bride, and most of the family. I knew the people from the day before, they were cool, and so I was able to relax and enjoy myself.

... The psychology of that is interesting. I think what you did was essentially searched out the reason for your problem with those events instead of focusing on the annoyance of your situation. You put yourself in perspective, and if you want to be eccentric about it and talk to your horoscope to do it, more power to you. :p

Exactly, Flapjacks! The moment I took an outside look at the situation all these problems started to appear so little that I even started to laugh. I felt an immediate relief.

Instead of talking to planets themselves, I like to read the stories about the gods that inspire them and draw pictures of them. WWHD? (What would Hermes do?) I focus on that planet's figureheads when I want to bring out the qualities of what they represent in my own way (hey, Catholics have their saints, but at least this isn't so formal...). Imagining stories about my configurations in symbolism with planets as the characters, houses as the stage, the aspects the plot, is also fun.

Whatever flows your boat!

As far as going to a wedding.. my god man, it's not even your wedding and your drinking yourself to sleep over it? It'll be over soon, and you have no emotional investment in anyone there so there is no reason to lose your grip over what kind of bland conversation you might have. Yeah, that makes it more like a chore, but doesn't your Virgo Venus like chores? Draw on the strength of your sixth house brethren: GET IT DONE. Virgo Venus knows how to smile and be polite. She knows obligations. She can do it with grace. Settle down, pretend your in that 12th house (despite Virgo's fretting ways) and let go!
My Venus in Virgo likes chores that are well-defined, clean, and mildly mentally stimulating. A typical party is none of that. If she can't do it well, she does not want to do it at all. So, the only choice is to do it well.

Cornholio, it's more like....each planet (or luminary) in your chart is responsible for different parts of you. The moon is your emotions, mars is how you assert yourself, venus is how you love and what you consider beautiful...etc.

Yes, also true, and these roles/responsibilities often intertwine. And I believe that we can temporarily intertwine them on purpose.

And then obviously they form aspects to one another, which kinda modifies or colors things a bit too...
...Am I even making sense, here? :unsure:
Yes, it does make sense. The general character of the planets is modified by their aspects. But I just put my aspects aside for that day. The planets needed to all work against one common enemy - the boring party. When the planets become activated simultaneously the aspects between them do not play a role. I can look at the planets as individuals.

hey, nothing like givin yourself a good talking to. Sounds like you were doing some *inner child* work to.

Yeah, more like an *inner kindergarten* work.

You have some clear indications of being a Manglik. The position of saturn (effects) makes you somewhat of a loner. Maybe you like to go in family gatherings more.

I am aware that my Mars is too strong for most partners. I still can get along well with many, and it helps a lot if they have a personal planet in Aries. Venus in Aries is usually the best. Then our both Venuses are in Fall/Detriment, so the relationship expectations are low and the sex is great.

Oh wow, I love this method! Never thought of trying it before. I do lots of inner child work and it never dawned on my to try some inner planet work. Excellent, thanks for sharing that experience, i'll give it a go next time!

Enjoy!

First of all, I enjoyed reading your story (sorry)... but.. why would you go if you don't want to? How is this important? You have Uranus in your first... I'm surprised you even agreed to this!

This was my g/f's biggest social outing of the year. It's almost an annual thing too. Last year it was a 4th of July party with that same family. It was important for her. And, ***supposedly***, it shouldn't have been a big deal for me to just show up along.

She didn't insist on me coming though. But I just decided I should.

She was shocked when she later found out how much of inner struggle I had to go through.

I think my Leo Sun and my Aqua Jupiter wanted to go, but my Virgo Venus and Cancer Mercury wanted to stay home.

In 14 years my Solar Arcs Sun with hit the Ascendant, and the natally retrograding Jupiter will go direct. Those timid Venus and Mercury should better learn how to keep up.

My Progressed Mars will go retro by then though, so it will be interesting again.

C0rnholio

Your long story is very interesting and I'm not surprise of your situation.I think you appreciate calm and quiet life.
Yes, I can enjoy the quiet life too. And I can create my own excitement, I have many Fire and Cardimal planets, don't need anyone to do it for me. But I would rather do great things away from the public eye than mediocre things in the center of public attention. Let someone else be puppets in someone elses show, or stupid Reality TV celebrities.

I can enjoy the spotlight too, I am a Leo after all, but only when it is earned. Must be the Virgo's or Saturn's/Capricorn's logic.