Need an evaluation of good vs. bad aspects

Midnight

I've been very unlucky all of my life. From autoimmune disease, to severe depression and anxiety, to interpersonal issues and even learning disability. I've chosen to devote my life to an academic discipline, but I have so many issues that I can't see myself succeeding in anything. Could anyone explicate the most important points in my chart and compare the good aspects with the bad ones? I would like to have an idea of my chances to overcome myself and my conditions.

P.S.: I'm not well-versed in astrology and do not understand technical language.

Attachments

• astro_246gw_01_anonymous_2016930.71972.10124.gif
    astro_246gw_01_anonymous_2016930.71972.10124.gif
    59.1 KB · Views: 59

JUPITERASC

I've been very unlucky all of my life.
From autoimmune disease, to severe depression and anxiety,
to interpersonal issues and even learning disability.
I've chosen to devote my life to an academic discipline, but I have so many issues
that I can't see myself succeeding in anything.
Could anyone explicate the most important points in my chart and compare the good aspects with the bad ones?
I would like to have an idea of my chances to overcome myself and my conditions.

P.S.: I'm not well-versed in astrology and do not understand technical language.
Midnight, keep in mind that ours is an astrological learning forum
members often have little or no astrological experience
in fact, there is no requirement for an astrologer to undertake a course of study
and anyone may set up business as an astrologer
there is no requirement of having qualifications to practice as an astrologer :smile:

Several of our members do have many years of experience
however
it is important to be aware that not all members are of the same opinion
and often there are disagreements amongst astrologers
which may cause confusion to a beginner

for example
there are more than thirty different house systems
as well as Tropical astrology in contrast with Sidereal astrology

So that's why it is useful to begin to learn to delineate aka read your own natal chart

Clearly you have decided to seek help using astrology, perhaps because someone advised you to
in any event, given the serious issues you have outlined
it may be worth your while obtaining a professional reading from a reliable reputable astrologer

Midnight

Midnight, keep in mind that ours is an astrological learning forum
members often have little or no astrological experience
in fact, there is no requirement for an astrologer to undertake a course of study
and anyone may set up business as an astrologer
there is no requirement of having qualifications to practice as an astrologer :smile:

Several of our members do have many years of experience
however
it is important to be aware that not all members are of the same opinion
and often there are disagreements amongst astrologers
which may cause confusion to a beginner

for example
there are more than thirty different house systems
as well as Tropical astrology in contrast with Sidereal astrology

So that's why it is useful to begin to learn to delineate aka read your own natal chart

Clearly you have decided to seek help using astrology, perhaps because someone advised you to
in any event, given the serious issues you have outlined
it may be worth your while obtaining a professional reading from a reliable reputable astrologer

Thank you for the reply. I know what houses and aspects are, and that's all. I've googled some of my placements, but every site out there is full of ambiguity. I don't mind conflicting opinions as long as they are clearly expressed, so I'd be thankful for any reading done by members of the forum.

JUPITERASC

Thank you for the reply.
I know what houses and aspects are, and that's all.
I've googled some of my placements,
but every site out there is full of ambiguity.
The ambiguity is because online "cookbook" information is generalised
and is simply skimming the surface
to get to the individual meaning of a natal chart takes many hours of astrological delineation work
It is simply not possible to sum up a natal chart evaluation in a few words on an online forum

I don't mind conflicting opinions as long as they are clearly expressed,
so I'd be thankful for any reading done by members of the forum.
It certainly is useful to view varying opinions
no one on our forum is paid for their input
so not unexpectedly a complete delineation is not on offer on any thread

HOWEVER
members are keen to polish and hone their astrological learning skills
by practicing on charts posted for readings
that's the rationale of our forum
those who seek readings are encouraged to experiment with delineating their own chart as well

You mentioned that you understand houses and aspects
so here's some basic info to help you to create a delineation :smile:

Begin with the planet - any planet of your choice
and focus on the following:

A PLANET acts

A HOUSE shows the area of life
in which the planet acts

as well as
how strongly the planet can act

houses-labeled.gif

and the
quality of the planet's expression
is influenced by the SIGN location of the PLANET

Midnight

quality of the planet's expression is influenced by the SIGN location of the PLANET

But how do I know what quality a sign has? For instance, I have Saturn in the 7th house, influenced by Aries. So I assume that Saturn prevents quality X that is associated with Aries from being expressed in my interpersonal dealings? Yet, what is quality X? General information on the signs usually includes hundreds of adjectives applied one after another to the sign in question. So what is truly characteristic for each sign?

Midnight

You do know that they are almost zero jobs for philosophers and the only ones that do exist are for people with PHD's in the subject. Very few unirsities have philosophy majors anymore.

I intend to earn a PhD, unless my health finishes me before that. It's the only career I imagine having. What made you think that I was after a major, though?

Sweet Pea

@ Midnight - you really found "hundreds" of qualities described for Aries? You didn't work out which were the obvious or often-repeated ones?

I can throw out a few that come to me off the top of my head - self-assertive, decisive, confident, courageous, self-centred, 'Me First', impatient, good at starting but not so good at finishing a job, has grand plans for himself .....

Saturn in your 7th house will put brakes on those things. Hold you back a little, restrain you from being like that.

Saturn can bring us lessons about valuing and respecting the processes of time, and so he's rather useful for Aries who like things to happen NOW, if not ten minutes ago.

Samantha also just demonstrated Saturn in the 7th house to you - you will meet people who ask you to be realistic about your Grand Dreams. They may poke holes in your ideas, and be the agent via which you are held back from what you want to do, or delayed until you have dotted your i's and crossed your t's. They may have Grand Dreams themselves but always have an excuse why they haven't carried their dreams out. "I would have BUT........"

All of this will be adjusted somewhat by every other factor in your chart, and also by where your Mars (ruler of Aries) is.

Last edited:

Witchyone

You do know that they are almost zero jobs for philosophers and the only ones that do exist are for people with PHD's in the subject. Very few unirsities have philosophy majors anymore.

Where does this idea come from? I have yet to encounter a decent-sized university without a philosophy major. In addition, nearly all colleges of any size offer introductory philosophy courses, and someone has to teach those.

Midnight, It is a very competitive field, though, if you are not willing to work to rise to the top of the pile and to go wherever the jobs are. You can't decide to be a philosophy major and choose to live in a particular city, for example. It's the same with most academic disciplines, especially those in the humanities. The stereotype is that people with advanced humanities degrees end up working in food service, but most of them are actually in mundane office jobs like everyone else. There is nothing wrong with your major. However, Chiron conjunct North Node (see below) could mean that you need to look at more things that interest you and not focus on just one thing.

You have Chiron (the asteroid that denotes a soul wound) conjunct your North Node (which indicates purpose in this life, not necessarily career, but maybe) in the first house, which is about the self. You can google associated aspects and learn quite a bit about how various astrologers interpret those placements:

Chiron in First House
North Node in First House
Chiron Conjunct North Node
North Node in Libra

ashriia

Hi Midnight,

It's good to follow what you are passionate about, because ultimately you are going to know what fulfills you. I agree with SweetPea, in that Saturn in the 7th is particularly challenging with regards to others. And you may attract negative people just as you have here. You also have pholus in the 1st house exactly opposite the moon in the 7th. Which can be a little like pluto opposite moon. i.e. power struggles.

I think philosophy is ideal for you actually, you have mercury in the 10th square to saturn. This is indicative of a traditional mindset, and philosophy is a very old and traditional field of study. This is also where learning difficulties could spring from, and its not necessarily that you have difficulty learning moreso that you learn things a bit more slowly than others, and you need time to process information so that you fully grasp it. It's a kind of seriousness with learning, moreso than a learning problem. This is more strongly felt while young btw.

Additionally, autoimmune issues are very likely due to this aspect as well. Definitely don't smoke with this aspect, keep away from strong chemicals as well. Sun square Saturn is also very difficult as you may be quite critical of yourself, and give up before you've really tried or just end up talking yourself out of things because it seems to hard. But anything you are passionate about you should stick to and not give up on, depression is likely to set it when you experience resistance from others with regard to your goals. But don't let that stop you, and don't give up, and eventually success will follow. Best of luck to you.:smile:

oscarSegal

I've been very unlucky all of my life. From autoimmune disease, to severe depression and anxiety, to interpersonal issues and even learning disability. I've chosen to devote my life to an academic discipline, but I have so many issues that I can't see myself succeeding in anything. Could anyone explicate the most important points in my chart and compare the good aspects with the bad ones? I would like to have an idea of my chances to overcome myself and my conditions.

Im not good at this, but from experience I can tell you all people I know with 1st house chiron are really atractive but think theyre ugly (does it sound like you?). Not sure Saturn is comfortable in aries, but brightside you do have a taste for beauty, art, I don't know what that venus means to you but there's some money in it for you, I think. Maybe in modeling, or anything that has to do with fasion or something of that sense. I hope i made some sense

Re-edited to add:
I think you can be good with anything conntected to cosmetics too, I think.

Last edited:

Sweet Pea

@ Midnight - you said this - "I've chosen to devote my life to an academic discipline" but you are only 20 years old and this aim may well change.

You have Mars and Venus in the 9th house which is about academic learning, but Mars is very close to the 10th house, and in the 10th house you also have Sun and Mercury, so you are meant to make your mark on the world in some way, not just hide away in academia writing papers that few people will read.

With Sun opposite Jupiter (which corresponds to the 9th house) you are naturally inclined to towards the philosophic/ethics/morals field and perhaps one day you will take your learning in this field and apply it in some career where it can help other people. Your MC (or 10th house cusp) is in Gemini, the sign of communication.

:happy: