Exalted Saturn and Domicile Venus conjunct in synastry.

Draco

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is anyone who would be willing to offer up any insights into what the synastry between my partner and I may signify.

The thing which interests me the most about or synastry, is that the other has an exact Venus/Pluto conjunction at 22 Libra, Venus in it's domicile, and I have Saturn, exalted, but also upon it's degree of exaltation at 21 Libra.

This would seem to be a powerful connection, but what might it mean?

It also particularly intrigues me that the upcoming New Moon, will be at 23 Libra and in conjunction with Spica. This transitting Full Moon will weave together this part of our synastry chart, having illuminated my Saturn, the partner's Venus and then onto Spica, giving the conjunction much emphasis.

We consider the Full Moon to be very significant in our relationship, as we met at midnight on the night of the Full Moon in Taurus, November 15/16 of last year in Blackpool, England. So we measure the time we have been together from Full Moon to Full Moon, and this Full Moon which will highlight our conjunction will be our first Libra Full Moon together. Libra is the most significant sign to us, as you can see, everything is concentrated in this area, and in our synastry charts, everything except the Sun, Neptune and Uranus is in Libra.

Just a word about the houses in this chart. I am confident that my Ascendant is exact. My partner is uncertain as to birth time, but does feel sure, according to his late mother that it was some time close to Noon, because he was born at lunchtime, the Noon chart gives a Scorpio Ascendant, but I feel that a Libra Ascendant is more appropriate, but I have yet to rectify the chart, but I'm not sure I have the right as my partner insist's that the Noon chart is appropriate.

However, I often think that when a person is unsure as to precise birth time, then the time given is the time which is meant to be used. So if it's Noon which is stated: Noon it is.

I will be enormously appreciative to anyone who will have a go at this. Of course, I have a few ideas myself, but synastry isn't something I've dabbled much into yet.

Here's the chart:

Draco :wink:

wilsontc

Staff member
Pluto-Venus

Draco,

Pluto (transformation, also power) conjunct Venus (relationships) can indicate someone who is powerful in or over-powered by relationships. If his chart time is close to correct, most of the planets in his chart are on the top left of his chart, indicating he does things for himself in the outer world, while most of your planets are focused in the top right of your chart, indicating you do things for others in the outer world. This suggests that he may feel powerful in this relationship, as the things you do in the outer world most likely benefit him as well. Saturn in relationship charts can add structure to the relationship, particularly when it is conjunct Venus. The close conection of his Pluto to your Saturn suggests a power-sharing of some type: him supplying the power and you supplying the structure for the mutual benefit of the relationship. Libra (relationships) modifying Saturn (duty, also structure) focused in the 7th house (relationships) intensifies the energy of the structure you provide to the relationship.

Relating,

Tim

Draco

Hi Tim,

Thankyou for having a look at the chart.

Your interpretation of my Saturn on his Venus is much more positive than many descriptions that I have read on various websites. Many suggest that my Saturn would be a constraining, heavy and choking influence upon his Venusian qualities.

The idea that I could add structure, a framework to his Venus is a lot more inspiring.

If his chart time is close to correct, most of the planets in his chart are on the top left of his chart, indicating he does things for himself in the outer world, while most of your planets are focused in the top right of your chart, indicating you do things for others in the outer world.

This makes sense to me. I have actually modified his chart, and this brings Venus on his Ascendant, which is interesting, as mine is on the Descendant. This would still put most of his planets in the upper left. I had to modify his chart, Libra rising is so him. Scorpio rising? This just doesn't ring true.

The only thing is, I see the quadrants of the chart differently. To me, other people and the outer world are one and the same, because other people are in the outer world, and the outer world contains other people. I see the upper half of a chart as the realm of idealism, the mind and the abstract, and the bottom, as practicality, the physical and the mundane.

So we are both concentrated in the upper chart, which rings true as we are both idealists, imaginative and with our 'head in the clouds'. The fact that most of his planets are more inward, and mine more outward makes a lot of sense as well, as this is obvious in the relationship. I am the Yang to his Yin, I suppose you could say. I direct and lead, whereas he is more, '....whatever you want to do'. Which also describes his Libra Venus on the Ascendant to which I have since rectified the chart.

The way you see the upper chart as the outer world fits as well, as we are more publically orientated, more going out types than homebodies. I am the one who approaches others, he follows.

I think that Saturn conjunct Venus, as with everything, can work two ways. Either I can become a dead-weight to his romantic persuasions and stifle his sense of lovingness (he is silly and childish, I am serious and cynical) or I can provide a solid foundation, a reliable framework around which he can weave his affections.

I do think that this Saturn/Venus holds particular power, as mine is upon it's exalted degree, and his in domicile. So whatever ways we work with these energies, then these energies will manifest themselves powerfully.

As for the Full Moon on Spica, binding this conjunction across our charts, I have noticed that our relationship seems to have come to a new level, nothing fantastic happened, but it has become more devoted.

Cheers Tim,

Draco :wink:

wilsontc

Staff member
Inner world

Draco,

You said:
To me, other people and the outer world are one and the same, because other people are in the outer world, and the outer world contains other people.

Let me explain this a little better by looking at the houses in the others/inner world part of the chart: Cancer, Leo, and Virgo. Cancer is not yet in the outer world, but beginning to be aware of others from a feeling point of view: becoming aware that something ELSE is out there, with feelings. Leo is aware of others but has a wall that separates them, just as the stage separates an actor from their audience. The audience is THERE, but the Leo energy is not out there in the audience, in the outer world, with them. Virgo is ALMOST ready to meet others, but there are a few last minute "touches" before they are fully ready! ;) After all THIS focusing on others from the INNER point of view is complete, the person is FINALLY ready to step OUT into the world and begin to relate (with Libra)! :)

So the others/inner world part of the world is about becoming increasingly aware of others (i.e., getting "out of our shell").

Explaining,

Tim