Help with reading this composite chart

ChildOfVenus

Hi I've been trying to learn how to read composite charts. Does this composite chart show that the Venus/Mars midpoint is in conjunction to the Sun? Would the Moon be included in the conjunction as well?

2wn8i9w.jpg

jkxx74

Premium Member
Hi -

yes, to your first question as the distance between Venus and Mars is just in the middle of Cancer and that happens to be where the Sun is located. You can confirm it visually in this chart by having the same 15 degrees of Cancer going toward each planet plus 7 degrees in Gem/Leo to actually reach that planet.

The moon would be included because with midpoints any of the hard aspects more or less act the same - in fact on astro's astro*click partner the definitions of Sun conjunct Venus and Sun opposition Venus are the same.

Another exercise you can do is see where the composite planets land in each invidiual chart because that also counts as an aspect. If you have the Sun in, say, 20 Gemini then composite Venus would be conjunct your natal Sun. And so on with the rest of the planets.

Btw the chart you used has Uranus on the descendant which is very unfortunate - are you sure about each person's birth time?

ChildOfVenus

Hi -

yes, to your first question as the distance between Venus and Mars is just in the middle of Cancer and that happens to be where the Sun is located. You can confirm it visually in this chart by having the same 15 degrees of Cancer going toward each planet plus 7 degrees in Gem/Leo to actually reach that planet.

The moon would be included because with midpoints any of the hard aspects more or less act the same - in fact on astro's astro*click partner the definitions of Sun conjunct Venus and Sun opposition Venus are the same.

Another exercise you can do is see where the composite planets land in each invidiual chart because that also counts as an aspect. If you have the Sun in, say, 20 Gemini then composite Venus would be conjunct your natal Sun. And so on with the rest of the planets.

Btw the chart you used has Uranus on the descendant which is very unfortunate - are you sure about each person's birth time?

Hi thanks for the reply no I don't know the other persons exact birth time. They told me they were born in the early morning.

jkxx74

Premium Member
Good then, chances are if the time is off by an hour Uranus will be too far away from the composite Asc to cause problems - although it might still land in the 7th.