Vocation vs Passion: How to bring them together

tupieta

Sooo, I've been researching how to read for my vocation. From my own research, and what I know of myself, I know that I'd be good at counseling others. I'm the person who's comfortable hearing about the darkest aspects of people and I notice others will share their most taboo desires/beliefs with me. I've also been involved a lot in marketing and the transportation industries over the years. But I'm also very much into art and right now my pursuit has focused more on that area.

****I posted Koch but most seem to use Placidus, so below is both****

attachment.php

My Own Observations:

10th/MC - Taurus is known for being all about art, finance, and the land (in essence). I hate working with others' money but through the years I've been def drawn to arts of all types and design. I used to have so many product ideas growing up. I had a catalog.

Taurus ruler Venus in 3rd - I definitely see how I've ended up in marketing and communications. I've mainly worked in graphic design so I enjoyed using design/art as a way to communicate. It just wasn't fulfilling anymore b/c it just helped companies line their pockets.

Mercury in Virgo (According to Koch it's in my 1st which feels right to me but still is pushing up against 2nd) - Many mention finances which, as stated before, I'm not even good at managing my own. But I tend to enjoy research, writing, sharing ideas/knowledge, and personal stories.

Venus rules Libra in my 3rd - which to me speaks to communication through beautifying and harmonizing ideas or form. It conjuncts Pluto (could that be my comfort with darker secrets)

Attachments

• CourtneyPlacidus_NatTranProg.jpg
    CourtneyPlacidus_NatTranProg.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 29
  • CourtneyKoch_NatTranProg.jpg
    CourtneyKoch_NatTranProg.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 155

ukdesifem

I think you need a job focusing on your inner needs.

You have many planets beneath the horizon, so you're possibly more introverted. And also they are largely in the Eastern/Northern Quad. (houses 1-3), so more based on your own needs and desires.

I think counselling may suit you, due to Jupiter in 8th/Pisces, and possibly TN in 9th. I believe though that you need a job that whilst focusing on your Northern Hemisphere planets, realises your 9th house NN.

I'd say counselling could be good for you, or some work where you can focus on your own needs or more accurately allows you to relate with others whilst fulfilling your own needs.

Osamenor

Staff member
Mercury in Virgo (According to Koch it's in my 1st which feels right to me but still is pushing up against 2nd) - Many mention finances which, as stated before, I'm not even good at managing my own. But I tend to enjoy research, writing, sharing ideas/knowledge, and personal stories.

Perhaps another reason why Mercury in the first feels right to you is that it's conjunct your sun. That makes it an essential part of you. Sun (ego, ego growth, what everything else revolves around on, core self) is indistinct from the Mercury part of your chart. And your sun is in a Mercury ruled sign, to boot. One that thrives on not just ideas (that would be more like a Gemini Mercury) but ideas given a tangible, practical form--like research, writing, and personal stories.

Either way, your sun/Mercury conjunction is in the whole sign second house. I like to look at that as another layer of meaning. If a planet is in one house by one system and another house by another system, I would look at where the meanings of those two houses overlap. First and second house are both about self, with first house having more to do with pure self--identity, how you're seen, how you meet the world--and second house with personal values, self esteem, sense of security.

Money gets thrown into that house because money is security, and how you make money, how you manage it, and how you spend it reflect your personal values--but that house is not all about money. If you lived in a society with no monetary economy, the basic meanings of the second house would still be the same. They would just play out differently if money weren't the way to express them.

In any case, there's no law that says you have to pick one career and stick with it all your life. It's fine to have multiple careers and/or multiple pursuits. Why not pursue counseling and also create your own line of products, if that's what you want? Or art therapy? Or some creative blend that mixes your interests in another way?

YellowMaji

I'm a Virgo Sun with a Cancer Moon, and after trying out Graphic design for a year, I feel the same way as you about it. XD

Well, now that you have a background in Graphic Design, you can design the book covers for your future novels. Hooray! ;D

tupieta

I just wanted to come back to this thread and review everything that was said. I find it all to be very true and funny enough after I asked this question. Life happened and things got tough. But then I ended up launching my own tarot deck that has done very well. It meets all of the advice given here b/c it is very self-fulfilling, allows me to help others, and gives me the growth and freedom of expression I wanted. I've also written a book with it and plan to write more. Thanks everyone for all the awesome input.