Birth Chart vs. Environment?

Lissa

As someone with great interest in Psychology,I know that two heavy factor that influence people's personality and actions are both genetics and the environment that surrounds the person.I know that the birth chart gives information about the peron's personality traits and tendencies but,yesterday,I was asking myself if one's birth chart could give information about one's environment and,in particular,the family environment and family upbringing,and how accurate that information actually is.
So,for example:try looking at my birth chart and say something about my mother and something about my father,or the ambiente at home in general and,if possible,mention some aspects that show that the person had a good childhood,no significnat fmailiar problems,etc...Later I'll get back at you and say how accurate your informations were.
I only registered in this forum yesterday,so only yesterday I realised that the charts we post actually do expire lol.So,if this one expires,I was born March17 1991,2:40AM in Oeiras,Portugal.
All the best
Lissa
achart_27efileRpfon6-u1132680208.53104.18345.gif

Well your mother is represented by the 10th wich is venus found in the 4th, and also the moon in the 3rd, your father is represented by the 4th house which is mars in the 6th and the sun in the 3rd. I am going to try and get back to this later, I don't have time now. But the natal chart most definatley shows influences of your parents and upbringings.

Belgianmoonguy

Environment directs the genetic potential... Each vision on the Environment/ Genetics (nature/ nurture in psychology) stresses both as important, but some tend to give more influence to Environment (like behaviorism (nurture)) and some tend more to Genetics (nature, the pedagogic pessimists (nature))

And why do you give mother to 10 and father to 4? Not that it isn't possible, i just wonder why (it's a dilemma i didn't solve yet).

Grtz

Arian Maverick

Ah, I was thinking about your home environment when I was describing your Aries Nadir conjunct Venus in Aries in another thread. I never did come to a satisfying conclusion, though, since the difference in archetypes was making my head spin...

Here is the Sabian symbol for your Nadir:

27__(27°)
THROUGH IMAGINATION, A LOST OPPORTUNITY IS REGAINED Beginning of mental maturity and slow growth of the creative faculty. Revision of attitude. Mental house-cleaning.
___*When positive, the degree is the self's effective command of itself in any situation brought to immediate issue, and when negative, self-pity as a retreat from reality.

I thought this was interesting, especially following Shining Ray's post about how an individual may be able to transcend a difficult childhood experience...

Here is the Sabian symbol for your natal Venus, which seems to reflect a similar theme about creating one's own reality:

28__(28°)
A CROWD APPLAUDS A MAN WHO SHATTERED A DEAR ILLUSION A new light is shed upon cherished ideas. Fearless,constructive and public facing of the facts of existence. Adjustment.

___*When positive, the degree is complete spiritual independence, and when negative, a destructive assimilation of the self to every defeat or frustration of human kind.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Lissa

Hi there everyone!

ShiningRay said something I found really interesting.
If his/her(I don't mean to ofend you,but I don't know if your either a male or a female..I'm really sorry for this :( ) son really has a tough chart,isn't it supposed to be written somewhere in his chart that his mom/dad loving care were crucial helping him focus on his good aspects and choose a good road?
Maybe I'm taking this a little too far and being too much curious,but I'm curious to know if you can find yourself somewhere in your son's birth chart.
When I asked people to look at my birth chart and try to tell something about my parents/my childhood,I was just curious about how accurate the information would be.
Maybe cause I had the idea that the fourth house would be the mother and the tenth house would be the father...which is not really accurate.Well,a little,but not something very signifiative.

Belgianmoonguy said:
Environment directs the genetic potential... Each vision on the Environment/ Genetics (nature/ nurture in psychology) stresses both as important, but some tend to give more influence to Environment (like behaviorism (nurture)) and some tend more to Genetics (nature, the pedagogic pessimists (nature))

And why do you give mother to 10 and father to 4? Not that it isn't possible, i just wonder why (it's a dilemma i didn't solve yet).

Grtz

I was taught to give mother 10 and father 4, combined with moon and sun, this has been debated before but it works for me!

virgo

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
I remember in my psychology class discussing the Nature Vs. Nurture debate, back then I was completely on the Nurture side, but now I'm not so sure. Astrology made me think. Speaking of astrology, which would you think it to be? Nature or Nurture?

Now, before everyone jumps on the band-wagon and shouts out "NATURE YOU IDIOT!", I've already thought of this, as the Natal chart is like our genetics, it can't change. BUT, there are other aspects of astrology that aren't so stone-set. Transits and Progressions. These are things that are not stone-set and change often, changing us in the process. Is this enough to dub astrology a Nuture subject? Or, perhaps is it both?

freedomlover

This is the way I've come to view it. ( It only makes sense if you take past lives into consideration.)

Our parents and siblings of our family of origin all represent a "mirror" of one or more of our past lives - a particular trait that needs healed. When we recognize the error and forgive that family member, we automatically have healed that part of our selves from the past life.

Birth charts and genetics are carefully calculated to provide us with the mirrors we need to heal.

I hope that made sense. This is the first time I've tried to explain this to anyone. It's just been floating around in my belief system seeking expression. (;))

Lissa

Both Freedomlover(great name,by the way:) )and Kaiousei no Senshi(loved your SailorMoon gifs:p )made sense to me.

I haven't made my mind about past lives yet,but I perfectly understood what you mean.But I'm still quite confused about past lives,and karma,and fate,and all those things.Maybe cause my life doesn't seem to have that "fate" touch that some people's lifes have.For example,there's this friend of mine and,whenever I look at her life and at the things that happen to her,it seems like almost every step she take is connected by fate.Well,I don't think I explained myself clearly :S I'll try to give you an example:she met a guy online and she really liked that guy,but he lives really far from her.He always said he wanted to meet her but,whenever she tried to visit him,he made up some silly excuses,telling her he wasn't home that day and stuff...One day,when she asked her father to take her to meet the guy(without telling the guy she was going to visit him),she had a car accident!But,this year,a new girl entered her school,and,guess what?-that girl knows that guy since he's like5years old!I could go on and tell you more stories about her life,but what I mean is that the things that happen to me never seem to be connected.In some ways,that actually good-it can be quite frustrating for someone to keep running against some situation,or always meet the same type of person.

I never thought about how transits can actually play an important part shaping one's personality!But it makes a lot of sense to me.

Anyway,I'd be thankfull if someone could actually mention some aspects that show that the environment at home was good.Or the opposite.Some aspects that,when found in someone's birth chart,make you say"This person had a very pleasant childhood!"or"Poor child..."

Have fun in New Year's Eve :D
Lissa

Last edited:

Belgianmoonguy

virgo96019 said:
I was taught to give mother 10 and father 4, combined with moon and sun, this has been debated before but it works for me!
virgo

I'm very self tought, never followed an astrology course in my life
I always compare, does 4 fits for mother or for dad...
In my chart i believe 4th is the mother, 10th is the father
I think the more domineering parent is the 10th the other one the 4th
Or you can also say, same sex parent 4th, other parent 10th

Also consider Saturn for the father (as he is associated with the 10th)

business voodoo

in considering the birth chart versus environment, the house system can provide an interesting take on those two question ... an equal house chart cast with the chart aligned via the MC is considered to be a "destiny chart" while an equal house system aligned via the AC is considered to be an "environmental chart" ... and then there are those charts and house systems that get more into the psychological natal chart (e.g., placidius) versus the evoluntionary or spiritual natal chart (e.g., koch or prophyry).

so, not an easy question to view astrologically, to say the least ...

and we won't even get into the discussion of tropical charts versus visual or sidereal charts (and not vedic sidereal) ... and what those represent of our reality versus what we perceive as reality ...

astrobhadauria

By the Indian astrology there are meaning of living Stars,those always with you,and if can make identity about star you can make.
Moon-Mother.
Sun-Self
Mars-Brothers
Mercury-Sister,Daughter,Grand Sister.
Jupiter-Father.
Saturn-Properties.
Venus-Husband or wife.
Rahu-Education
Ketu-Son,Nephews.

The position of Stars different in different houses.

Like Moon in 1st house-Mother having full power in family.
Moon in 2nd House-Religious mother,and always with physical activities.
Moon in 3rd-Mother only in thoughts.
Moon in 4th-Mother always in emotional mind.
Moon in 5th-Teacher mother.
Moon in 6th-Mother's younger sister.
Moon in 7th-Mother of life partner.
Moon in 8th-Wife of father's elder brother.
Moon in 9th-Grand mother.
Moon in 10th-Activity of father like mother.
Moon in 11th-Mother,like a friend.
Moon in 12th-Mother like out side soul.
and this type each house make different meaning of star in different house.