An ascendant changing by 1 minute

savanna

Using the recorded time on the birth certificate, my ascendant comes in at 29°58'. Only 1 minute later, my ascendant would be 0°09' in the next sign.

What are your thoughts on cases like this, when the ascendant is so close to the next sign?

Kitchy

Banned
That's the age-old question. The actual time of first breath is dependent upon the person recording the birthtime. As well, if you took your first breath 1minute earlier, but someone recorded it a minute later - you would have an earlier ascendant.

Actual asc. is more likely to show up where the ruler of correct asc. is posited.

Look at both rulers of possible ascendant - the one you know of and the one that would follow if your birthtime was a minute later - then see which house each is ruler falls in, and try to determine which ruler and house has more prominence in your life thus far. If each ruler sits exactly on a house cusp to further confuse you, then you're probably SOL. ;)

Phoenix Venus

For those of us who employ some of the more esoteric methods of astrology, such as the sabian symbols and arabic parts, a minute changes A LOT. It not only changes the specific degree of the axis points, but each of the arabic parts as well. And when you interperet them through the sabian symbols, one degree completely changes the precept and inherent meaning of that activation point. The real steak and potatoes of the chart.

It should help to look up the sabian symbol for each of the possible ascending degrees, and see which one most fits or clicks as to who you are in this incarnation.

The sabian symbols can be read, as interpereted by Dane Rudhyar, here. Rudhyars summations are authentic and accurate. The real deal. (the holy grail of astrology, imho.)

For the degree of 29.xx, read the thirtieth degree of corresponding sign. For 00.xx degrees, read the first degree.

http://www.mindfire.ca/An%20Astrological%20Mandala/An%20Astrological%20Mandala%20-%20Contents.htm

The correct symbol should resonate with you on a personal level.

And remember, astrology is fluid, so a point close to the cusp will have some influence from both precepts, but likely one over the other.

JUPITERASC

Using the recorded time on the birth certificate,
my ascendant comes in at 29°58'.

Only 1 minute later, my ascendant would be 0°09' in the next sign.

What are your thoughts on cases like this,
when the ascendant is so close to the next sign?

check out RON BIPPUS FORTY YEAR RESEARCH :smile:
Physical appearance indicators http://reocities.com/athens/delphi/1601/physical.html

also there are detailed instructions on precisely how to calculate the
pre-natal Epoch Rectification Method

which may be viewed FOR FREE at
http://www.rosicrucian.com/zineen/pamen034.htm

CapAquaPis

My mother's natal chart: Apr 29 1951 between 11 05 and 11 30pm Pacific time, has a cusp Sag/Cap ascendant. If I knew her exact time without her or my guesses, I would know for sure her ascendant sign, either 28' Sag to 1' Cap. Oddly, my father's birthdate Dec 17, 1946 is the Sun 28' Sag and his first child (my half-sis) Dec 21, 1970 is a Sun 1' Cap. My mother's Moon is 28' Aqua close to my Sun 26' Aqua and Moon 20' Aqua on Feb 15 1980. And my brother from her is born Apr 23 1981, another Taurus sun and he's uncertain if he was born around 7am (Taurus rising) or after 7pm (Scorpio rising) since she had a C-section. My Cancer ascendant/Sun-Moon Aquarius is under a very strong influence of Cancer, the sign ruled by the Moon.

Kannon

savanna,

This is the classic case of the 'cuspy' Ascendant figure, and what chart rectifiers specialize in.

Usually the correct Asc figure is found at a previous degree. However, statistics do not answer the question of your chart. You can read descriptions of the 12 rising signs on my site, which do not over-specify as with the above-mentioned reocities site, which I've shot holes in because of its obviously errant information.

JUPITERASC

One would need to see the chart to know if its important or not.
The ASC might be very weak in the chart and if this is the case, it won't really matter of the the ASC is in the 29th degree or in the next sign.
The Ascendant matters whether "weak" or not
the Ascendant determines the first house
and each house then follows thereafter
:smile:

graay ghost

I may be talking out of my *** as I'm not very experienced in astrological matters but I would take the later unless the earlier one seems really obvious. I think speed and direction of something is an important deciding factor when something is very close (as in, what that thing is becoming is important to consider instead of just the exact point it's at). Ascendant is the fastest moving point in the chart and is always in direct motion.