Horary: What does it mean to have the Sun...

red

so close to the DSC in the 6th house?

I made this horary chart asking if I shall meet someone.

The other person's significator is in my 2nd house but retrograde. Could it mean that it's someone that I knew?

Attachments

• astro_2gw_61_will_i_meet_someone_hr.17777.5005.jpg
    astro_2gw_61_will_i_meet_someone_hr.17777.5005.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 51

dr. farr

In standard horary, a planet in the same house (sign) as the primary quesited is often considered as a secondary significator for the quesited.
In the alternative Ankara horary I follow, only the lords of the relavant houses (querent + quesited) are considered in delineation.

red

In standard horary, a planet in the same house (sign) as the primary quesited is often considered as a secondary significator for the quesited.
In the alternative Ankara horary I follow, only the lords of the relavant houses (querent + quesited) are considered in delineation.

In the alternative Ankara horary, do they consider the Sun for the quesited?

dr. farr

Only if the Sun is lord of the house signifying the quesited (ie only if the sign on the quesited house is Leo)

In the example chart (by Ankara) relationship = 7th house = Sagittarius = Jupiter: since querent = 1st house = Gemini = Mercury, and since Mercury flows away from Jupiter and Jupiter retros away from Mercury, the answer (regarding a long term or marriage relationship in the near future) is no...however the house of love affairs and romance (5th house) in the chart = Libra = Venus: Mercury flows toward Venus, so by Ankara horary the answer would be yes it is likely querent will find love/romance in the relatively near future...

red

Venus and Mercury are in applying aspect exact, so horary wise it should be happening at the moment right?

well it's not.

dr. farr

Ankara only gives aspects a minor consideration (!!) Its flow BY BODY that counts.
Timewise there are 33 degrees(CORRECTION: 61 degrees) between Mercury and Venus: could indicate that this might start within-or by-the approx. 5th week (correction: 9th week) from the date of the question.

Last edited:

red

Ankara only gives aspects a minor consideration (!!) Its flow BY BODY that counts.
Timewise there are 33 degrees between Mercury and Venus: could indicate that this might start within-or by-the approx. 5th week from the date of the question.

I like to test horary charts,although my knowledge is very little.

I made another horary chart regarding something that is currently happening, if I used the flow of the significators I would have gotten a negative answer to the question asked, but in real life nothing of that sort was happening,actually it was definitely not a no, so I looked at the aspects and I saw moon in applying aspect with the sun.

filly

If the chart is radical, yes you will find someone in about One units time or less! Both Jupiter and Mercury are in a mutual applying trine.
The Sun rules your third and the quesited's 9th. Maybe you've been speeking with this person, sent this person a message...the message may not have been acknowledged yet. For Sun is shy of the turned ascendant person.
Maybe the person is taking a trip, going abroad to study. .. Look for all possibilities under the sun rulership!

tikana

answer is NO

because Venus stands in the middle. this is NOT translation of light. TOL is only when 2 significators Jupiter and Merc already made an aspect and separating and faster planet reconnects them. In this case, Merc is faster than Venus.

Moon is void here in Virgo which rejects Venus. Venus is interference!

Not within 3 months me thinks.

can you guys get lexicon correct, please? Mutual Application is when 1 planet is retro and another is direct without 3rd planet being involved. They are applying to each other. Venus is NOT retro neither is Merc.. Jupiter is retro BUT Venus is in the middle because mercury perfects with Venus before both perfectly align with Jupiter. .. how can you people say it is MUTUAL APPLICATION?

Last edited:

red

If the chart is radical, yes you will find someone in about One units time or less! Both Jupiter and Mercury are in a mutual applying trine.
The Sun rules your third and the quesited's 9th. Maybe you've been speeking with this person, sent this person a message...the message may not have been acknowledged yet. For Sun is shy of the turned ascendant person.
Maybe the person is taking a trip, going abroad to study. .. Look for all possibilities under the sun rulership!

Yep.

This is absolutely correct.

The person lives abroad.

Thank you. I was starting to lose faith in horary charts because the interps I was getting didn't relate to what's happening in reality.

Last edited:

red

Would you post that chart (and the specific question)?

Hi dr farr.

As promised I'm posting the chart now that I know the answer to my question :)

he is a love interest.

would love to hear your verdict :joyful:

Attachments

• astro_2gw_82_hr.26046.13066.jpg
    astro_2gw_82_hr.26046.13066.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 29

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

-querent = 1st house = Pisces = Jupiter
-quesited = 7th house = Virgo = Mercury
-Mercury flows away from Jupiter, which in turn retrogrades away from Mercury = - testimony
-Mercury posits an elevated degree of Scorpio = + testimony
A tie: so, following Ibn Ezra's dictum (using the Moon to represent co-significator of the quesited):
-Moon flows away from querent significator Jupiter = - testimony

I would say that yes quesited will (sooner or later, following the November date of the question) lose interest in the querent OR that the querent will lost interest in the quesited...

red

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

-querent = 1st house = Pisces = Jupiter
-quesited = 7th house = Virgo = Mercury
-Mercury flows away from Jupiter, which in turn retrogrades away from Mercury = - testimony
-Mercury posits an elevated degree of Scorpio = + testimony
A tie: so, following Ibn Ezra's dictum (using the Moon to represent co-significator of the quesited):
-Moon flows away from querent significator Jupiter = - testimony

I would say that yes quesited will (sooner or later, following the November date of the question) lose interest in the querent OR that the querent will lost interest in the quesited...

If you don't mind I would answer you via PM :joyful: