How to pinpoint the ASC when exact birthtime is unknown

Phoenix Venus

Hi Phoenix Venus, excellent idea! I looked through the symbols in the second half of Capricorn and the symbol for 19 degrees does ring a bell. I will investigate further (other axis points), and have a look at the arabic parts as well. Thank you!http://www.mindfire.ca/An Astrological Mandala/An Astrological Mandala - Capricorn 16-30.htm

Of course, glad to be of help. something so personal and specific often requires an esoteric explination to reach the heart of the matter (as if astrology wasnt considered esoteric enough!!)

Probably one of the most telling parts is the part of fortune. (as + moon - sun) and it represents the action to employ to bring about the most progress in soul development.

Maybe compare to your own chart to see how the principles might fit?

If you need further assistance in understanding a symbol or part, feel free.

Good luck in your journey together.... May God shine His Holy Eternal Light on the situation and bring clarity for you and your significant other.

TheFish

Of course, glad to be of help. something so personal and specific often requires an esoteric explination to reach the heart of the matter (as if astrology wasnt considered esoteric enough!!)

Probably one of the most telling parts is the part of fortune. (as + moon - sun) and it represents the action to employ to bring about the most progress in soul development.

Maybe compare to your own chart to see how the principles might fit?

If you need further assistance in understanding a symbol or part, feel free.

Good luck in your journey together.... May God shine His Holy Eternal Light on the situation and bring clarity for you and your significant other.

Thank you Phoenix Venus, that is so kind of you! :smile:

Based on the 19 degree Cap symbol (Sabian) I looked at the corresponding symbols for DC, IC, and MC, but none of them stood out to me as being particularly fitting for hubby. I will look again though and think about them some more. Will keep you updated. Thanks for your help I appreciate it!

sibylline

In his natal chart Saturn is retrograde in Aries, in the 3rd house. Mars is in his 1st house, in Aquarius. So do you think Pluto going over his ASC will activate these houses? I'm just so worried that he'll have an accident. He drives a motorbike :( (Of course I did not tell him this - as you say, self fulfilling prophecy and such.)

You'd look to Saturn for more info on how the change might play out.

So, which is it Fish? Hard Saturn, Virgo or maybe afflicted Cancer placements? That make you such a worrywart? :)

TheFish

You'd look to Saturn for more info on how the change might play out.

So, which is it Fish? Hard Saturn, Virgo or maybe afflicted Cancer placements? That make you such a worrywart? :)

:lol: You're spot on. Yes I have Saturn square my AC/DC axis, and Pluto in Virgo opp my Sun. 'Worst-case-scenario' is my middle name. :innocent:

Sag hubby cannot understand of course. :lol:

unique_astrology

I do not have the birth location exact but close according to the information you have posted:

"I estimated his ASC to be 23 Cap - the IC then came to be on 5 Taurus."

"Mercury is on 19 Sagittarius (Sun is on 25 Sag), and Moon is on 6 in Cancer (6th house)."

"In his natal chart Saturn is retrograde in Aries, in the 3rd house. Mars is in his 1st house, in Aquarius."

Post the date, time and place of your marriage and I will post a rectification that should be close to the correct time of birth.

Attachments

• What is Asc.gif
    What is Asc.gif
    72.2 KB · Views: 21

TheFish

I do not have the birth location exact but close according to the information you have posted:

"I estimated his ASC to be 23 Cap - the IC then came to be on 5 Taurus."

"Mercury is on 19 Sagittarius (Sun is on 25 Sag), and Moon is on 6 in Cancer (6th house)."

"In his natal chart Saturn is retrograde in Aries, in the 3rd house. Mars is in his 1st house, in Aquarius."

Post the date, time and place of your marriage and I will post a rectification that should be close to the correct time of birth.

Hi unique_astrology, thank you for that. There are two issues though - I don't know the exact time of the marriage, as there were delays that morning. It was scheduled for 11 am but the actual ceremony was maybe around noon. I'm not sure when exactly.

The other thing, I don't want to post my location here, will the next large city do?

JUPITERASC

Hi unique_astrology, thank you for that.
There are two issues though - I don't know the exact time of the marriage, as there were delays that morning.
It was scheduled for 11 am but the actual ceremony was maybe around noon.
I'm not sure when exactly.

The other thing, I don't want to post my location here, will the next large city do?
if you can narrow the time
to when the vows were spoken/exchanged
that would be useful
:smile:

unique_astrology

What are you afraid of? That someone will steal your thousands?

The location is necessary or the chart angles will have no chance of being correct.

The technique I use is the only one that has a chance of doing this with only 1 event.

An event time within 2 hours will only affect the event's Moon position by about 1 degree which is what the technique depends on.

Last edited:

TheFish

What are you afraid of? That someone will steal your thousands?

The location is necessary or the chart angles will have no chance of being correct.

The technique I use is the only one that has a chance of doing this with only 1 event.

An event time within 2 hours will only affect the event's Moon position by about 1 degree which is what the technique depends on.

Not sure what you mean by "That someone will steal your thousands" ? I never disclose my location online.

Anyway I attached the marriage chart above.

I also noticed I made a mistake when I gave my husband's moon position - it should be 8 degrees Cancer, not 6.

If your technique works with this data, great, otherwise thank you for trying!