Help with my 12th house.

ChaosAbounds

I have Uranus in Aquarius and Neptune in Capricorn in my 12th house. My father who is very knowledgeable on astrology brings up my 12th every time he talks about it and i can hear the fear in his voice when he does, however he won't go into any detail or explain it to me what so ever. He just says it's the things that are unknown and it has to do with institutions. His fear is obvious, when I was 16 I got a terrible heroin addiction. When I was 18 I sobered up after 6th months in jail and a year in rehab. Since then I've been clean. He makes me feel as though I am doomed because of my 12th house placement like there is nothing but terrible things in store for me. Especially after he noticed today that in march Pluto began transiting my 12th house and at 11:45ish pm on that day I crashed my motorcycle at 100 mph with no helmet on. He says it will be in my 12th house for the next 20 years and that Pluto is about death and the 12th house is the house of undoing. You can see why I am slightly concerned about these things. If you have anything to say on the subject I would greatly appreciate your input. This is my first post here so if I did something incorrectly I apologize.

katydid

I have Uranus in Aquarius and Neptune in Capricorn in my 12th house. My father who is very knowledgeable on astrology brings up my 12th every time he talks about it and i can hear the fear in his voice when he does, however he won't go into any detail or explain it to me what so ever. He just says it's the things that are unknown and it has to do with institutions. His fear is obvious, when I was 16 I got a terrible heroin addiction. When I was 18 I sobered up after 6th months in jail and a year in rehab. Since then I've been clean. He makes me feel as though I am doomed because of my 12th house placement like there is nothing but terrible things in store for me. Especially after he noticed today that in march Pluto began transiting my 12th house and at 11:45ish pm on that day I crashed my motorcycle at 100 mph with no helmet on. He says it will be in my 12th house for the next 20 years and that Pluto is about death and the 12th house is the house of undoing. You can see why I am slightly concerned about these things. If you have anything to say on the subject I would greatly appreciate your input. This is my first post here so if I did something incorrectly I apologize.

Your father says what he says because he loves you and he is frightened.:crying:

It is not the 12th house that makes you 'doomed.' It is that your father recognizes your own lack of responsibility and accountability for your own safety.:bandit:

For example, going 100 mph on a motorcycle without a helmet....:annoyed:

Uranus and Neptune in the 12th===can be totally blind and oblivious the the reality of their physical circumstances. :ninja:

Neptune in the 12th can fall victim to the lure of drugs/alcohol/con artists because they see the beauty and loveliness of things as opposed to the harsh realities.

You are not 'doomed' ---but you have to wake up and take PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for the poor choices you sometimes lean towards.

You need to take decisive action to change that old way of thinking.

Not everyone allows themselves to become addicted to heroin because most people say NO---I better not try it because it is known to be a dangerous trap. :pouty:

So what is it about your temperament that allowed that known danger into your life?

You need to recognize the traps that come with a 12th house persona. And upon recognizing them, you need to learn how to say NO to anyone/anything trying to lure or entice you into that trap.

Your father loves you more than anything in the world. And when he looks at that Pluto in the 12th, he is scared to death. Because he has already endured so many close brushes with you being so close to death already.

As a parent, we live for our children. Nothing is more important, more vital to our very being. Some day you will understand. :love:

The 12th house is the Subconscious. Having Neptune in the 12th opens one up to external influences, and intense cravings for addictive things, and to the Divine.

If you choose to use this Pluto transit as a way to connect with your inner most spiritual self, that would be transformative. :ninja:

If you want to calm your father's nerves, read a few of these excerpts, and tell your Dad you are looking into your 12th house:

Neptune in 12th:

Keywords for Neptune In 12th House: Psychic, Sensitive, Mystical, Reflective, Vulnerable

You are highly sensitive and incredibly intuitive in the twelfth house, so much so that Neptune feels right at home here. You’re able to read between the lines of any situation.
But you are also a dreamer and prefer fantasy to reality, which can hinder your ability to do well.

Neptune represents idealism, intuition and imagination, all three things the twelfth house embodies.

You have grand theories and ideas and no one can rival you in terms of imagination and creativity. The only trouble is you spend more time with your head in the clouds than your feet on the ground to actually get anything done. While having the ability to dream big comes in handy, it can also prevent you from accomplishing your goals. Read about Neptune Symbolism.

Either you have difficulty following through on your ideas or you dream so big that it’s almost impossible to create what you envision. A dose of reality is needed in both cases, so you have to find a way to focus on the more substantive parts of the idea. And don’t turn and run from this responsibility either.

http://www.sunsigns.org/neptune-in-twelfth-house/

Neptune In 12th House: Positive Traits

With Neptune in 12th house, you have to build up your confidence and see yourself as an independent person, capable of handling problems on your own. You’re so good at helping others with their issues. In fact, this is one area where you excel over everyone else. You offer a shoulder to cry on or words of wisdom to help others get out of a scary or tense situation. But you need to try that technique on yourself.

Your compassion is your strength, so learn to use it as such. Don’t be afraid of change. Embrace it as a way of moving forward in your life. The only way to learn how to handle tough scenarios at work is to deal with them firsthand.

http://www.sunsigns.org/uranus-in-houses-astrology-symbol-meanings/