Mental illness and physical disabilities in natal chart

fullmoonlibra

Which aspects to which planets show if a person has borderline, schizophrenia, eating disorder, a low IQ,... Or is blind, not able to walk, deaf,... ???

For example: if someone you only know through the internet is interested in astrology and posts his chart, and you start reading it, where to look to find specific issues like these?
I think it's important to proove astrology is not limited and not too theoretical.

I know that health issues are sixth house related, but I also know that for example an aspect to X planet to Y planet, with another aspect to Z planet shows the potenty of having X disorder....

But how it is interpreted and what kind of aspect structures causes what, I don't know...

Rebel Uranian

From what I've heard, mental issues mostly come from afflicted Moon/Mercury and certain aspects with Uranus. Eating disorders would probably be Jupiter and Venus. Physical disabilities probably come from bad fixed stars or "lame" degrees if "lame" degrees are actually important.

serafin5

From what I've heard, mental issues mostly come from afflicted Moon/Mercury and certain aspects with Uranus. Eating disorders would probably be Jupiter and Venus. Physical disabilities probably come from bad fixed stars or "lame" degrees if "lame" degrees are actually important.

Question Rebel:

What are 'lame' degrees? You mean 'pitted' degrees? I've been studying a lot lately and have never come across 'lame' degs anywhere. Please let me know.

Thanks, Serafin5

serafin5

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/deginf1.html

This isn't the list I'd use for elevations and pits but I don't know what list to use for the other kinds of degrees.

No this is great and I lied because I did see this just the other day and meant to come back to it so thank you very much. Also, it didnt even occur to me to even consider 'lame' degrees but I think I can make my own list. That was a swift reply. Awesome!:biggrin:

Have a good evening!
Serafin5

CapAquaPis

Maybe my autism I was diagnosed with as a child may be related to the sun/moon conjunction clashing in my sign Aquarius when I was born (Feb 15, 1980). They were 5 degrees apart I think and a total solar eclipse occurred the next day observed only in the eastern hemisphere. The solar/lunar signs at our natal charts are the two most important celestial bodies for everyone's life horoscope profile.

In addition, my ruling planet Uranus in Scorpio while the 8th sign's ruling "planet" Pluto was in adjacent Libra and the triple conjunction of planets Mars, Jupiter and Saturn in Virgo. There could well be friction to affect me in a form of mental disability.

I was diagnosed at age 5, but reexamined through the public education system by behavioral therapy and they placed me as a high-functioning autistic (a mild form of the disorder). So far, I was able to live a fairly regular life, despite qutism in addition with depression and anxiety disorder.

dr. farr

Question Rebel:

What are 'lame' degrees? You mean 'pitted' degrees? I've been studying a lot lately and have never come across 'lame' degs anywhere. Please let me know.

Thanks, Serafin5

"Lame degrees" are technically known as "AZIMENE DEGREES", and they are another classification of certain degree qualities; the available lists of Azimenes are consistent and so can be used with confidence.

miquar

Hi fullmoonlibra. its very tricky because you might see an afflicted Moon in the chart of someone with an eating disorder, but then you'll see a similar chart where the person has no problems with eating. The archetypal bare bones shown in the birth chart have to be fleshed out by difficult childhood experiences (and perhaps difficult karmic history) in order for the more difficult expressions to arise.

Most charts have some possible indication of mental illness if the early environment was conducive to that. Even a very fortunate looking chart may be of someone who has for some reason incarnated into a family that does not appreciate her/his temperament.

I personally feel its better to look at it the other way round - when someone comes along who is suffering from mental illness, you can look at the chart to see the innate sensitivities that were affected by the early environment.

Having said that, there are obviously rules of thumb around this kind of thing. Saturn, Chiron and Pluto have a greater tendency to reflect a sensitivity to wounding than other planets, and a greater tendency to resort to excessive defensiveness and controlling behaviours in response. Hard aspects are more likely to reflect difficulties, although flowing aspects can help a problem to go unchallenged. Each element has its fears (water fears isolation, air fears suffocation, earth fears chaos and fire fears lack of meaning) so for example Moon opposite Uranus in a watery chart with Moon in Pisces will be a lot harder to bare than Moon opposite Uranus in an airy chart with Moon in Gemini.

The water houses tend to be more problematic as they often reflect hidden family dynamics that have not been dealt with consciously and therefore can wound the vulnerable child in some way.

Something like blindness is very tricky to, because blindness for one person may be life-destroying, and for another a springboard to a new and fulfilling way of life. And I suspect that sometimes the chart will be similar in both cases - perhaps hard aspects to Chiron. Whereas maybe Chiron making easier aspects may not hit so hard, but the disability may be too easily accepted and apathy may set in. The guy over the road from me has one leg and never goes anywhere or does anything. But I've seen people with one leg bombing up and down the swimming pool, having jogged or cycled to the sports centre. I think its these differences of attitude that the chart can show rather than whether or not someone is, or is more likely to become, disabled.

I think that Neptune is worth looking at with regard to how someone copes with illness of any kind, due to its tendency to potentially play the victim and feel helpless.

Don't know if this is any help, but its just some thoughts..

sequestra

Hi fullmoonlibra, I find this area to be of interest too. My bi polar diagnosis was one of the first things I was trying to detect through astrology years back (before taking another extended hiatus from the art). I find genealogical-astrology linkages to be of interest too.

I have experienced eating disorders and several other psychiatric "diagnoses", the diagnostic labels of which I now mostly disagree with, as I believe these manifestations were flow-on effects arising from my malnourished mind. For four years (ending last year) I was an anorexic - for a generous extent of that time critically anorexic - which I believe, in its extreme manifestation, to be a form of psychosis. I was hospitalized six times in total.

"Extreme" and "black/white" thinking is something I've always struggled with (hence the later diagnosis of borderline personality disorder [BPD] on two separate occasions), but this imbalanced mindset is something I'm now actively working with concerted effort to temper. Again, I think it is linked to the bi polarity and not in any way a byproduct of BPD, as I don't fit the central artery of BPD's diagnostic criteria (i.e., I don't feel I need a "second half" to fulfill me, and my 12th house saturn loves "alone time").

I've attached my chart in case you're interested for your research purposes - I'm not fishing for a reading. I think Jupiter's emphasis explains much of what I've related, and so now I'm doing my best to work with the saturn/pluto in a noble manner and in doing so, to hopefully right many wrongs of my past.

Last edited:

beeana

Fullmoonlibra, I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder seven years ago, during a major depressive episode (ok, it was Pluto transiting my Sun). I blame Moon conjunct Saturn in 8’th house, in Virgo-intercepted sign. Also, Saturn is the ruler of my Ascendant. Chiron is the focus of a bowl pattern, and is tightly conjunct with IC. My Virgo Moon tends to be oversensitive like a water sign Moon, but also very introverted and practical, so there goes my depressions. When I didn’t know how to help myself with all my problems I started doing handcraft to release my instability. The things I’m doing practically with my hands are a cure for my tortured mind.

Love2Know

My own recreational activities made me mentally deranged, now I can hardly drink........ I am 25 and had a nervous breakdown at 17 lolllllllllllll omg no joke they diagnosed it as a nervous break down, would that show as well> Like warnings you can make yourself crazy with drugs. I guess Neptune addiction aspects? I have been a lot more chilled out ever since though now...... I realized most things arnt worth getting worked up over. The other day I made someone feel horrible because they misplaced something in a cupboard. I realized I was being abusive so I stopped and apologized. I have always been very aware of my dark side. Does this show in a char as well or is it a lillith or afflicted moon? Does this extreme version become mental disorder? I def had a mean streak I struggle with I wanted to go into rugbe so I could body check people but I never did I still look at the school team with envy.

Hi fullmoonlibra, I find this area to be of interest too. My bi polar diagnosis was one of the first things I was trying to detect through astrology years back (before taking another extended hiatus from the art). I find genealogical-astrology linkages to be of interest too.

I have experienced eating disorders and several other psychiatric "diagnoses", the diagnostic labels of which I now mostly disagree with, as I believe these manifestations were flow-on effects arising from my malnourished mind. For four years (ending last year) I was an anorexic - for a generous extent of that time critically anorexic - which I believe, in its extreme manifestation, to be a form of psychosis. I was hospitalized six times in total.

"Extreme" and "black/white" thinking is something I've always struggled with (hence the later diagnosis of borderline personality disorder [BPD] on two separate occasions), but this imbalanced mindset is something I'm now actively working with concerted effort to temper. Again, I think it is linked to the bi polarity and not in any way a byproduct of BPD, as I don't fit the central artery of BPD's diagnostic criteria (i.e., I don't feel I need a "second half" to fulfill me, and my 12th house saturn loves "alone time").

I've attached my chart in case you're interested for your research purposes - I'm not fishing for a reading. I think Jupiter's emphasis explains much of what I've related, and so now I'm doing my best to work with the saturn/pluto in a noble manner and in doing so, to hopefully right many wrongs of my past.

I would look more closely into your mercury aspects ie: mercury square saturn and mercury square pluto, deep penetrating mind, but also quite capable of verbal lacerations and acid tongue. chiron onn 6th house of health is also qutie telling...I wouldn't go blaming jupiter either. research your quincunxs

Mars Quincunx Pluto
“You suffer by having a picture of just what needs to be done and how it is to be accomplished. This can cause you to be controlling and argumentative. When you feel the weight of the responsibilities that you have taken on or when you feel lonely and isolated, then, you are ripe for personal growth. Your desire, manner of expression, and the way you use energy will have to be changed - to be less compulsive, less forceful, so you are able to achieve greater accomplishment and more personal happiness.”
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/q...retations.html

Mars= actions, Plutois about control, depth, subversive things. So maybe sometimes you act (mars) too forcefully for a given situation perhaps? Have you ever had feedback from someone that your actions were bit OTT for a situation?? Next look at the signs, then houses and then aspects. These will either help or hinder the situation. this aspect could potentially attract violence....or you 'could' attract threatening situations? This aspect needs to be doing something physical the riskier the better, like sports, martial arts, mountain climbing or bungee jumping.

http://www.celestialperspective.com/library/marspluto-aspectswhat-determines-theyre
mars/Pluto aspects by Donna Cunningham

Sometimes these quincunxs (aka Inconjuncts 150’) are obvious and recognised in personality, other times it can take a lot of self examination to identify with the planets energies and of course they (like all aspects) don't operate 100% of the time, they are simply a facet of your personality. Some say they cause health issues that are unresolved, underlying, dormant waiting to be triggered.... some say you stay at one end, to the detriment of the other, OR end up see-sawing between the two until you learn balance, integration of two unlikely pairings.

Next look at the signs, then houses and then aspects. Now the *others aspects* from these quincunxs/Yods as they can act like escape routes, that can help or hinder the expressions. A chart with lots of Yods (Finger of God) will always be *searching* for the divine answers to the meaning of life, to find synthesis

What tends to happen with quincunxs is that with progessions and transits will create temporary Yods aka 'Finger of god' configurations. Like with common TSquares, they create a temp Grand Square...

Fullmoonlibra, I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder seven years ago, during a major depressive episode (ok, it was Pluto transiting my Sun). I blame Moon conjunct Saturn in 8’th house, in Virgo-intercepted sign. Also, Saturn is the ruler of my Ascendant. Chiron is the focus of a bowl pattern, and is tightly conjunct with IC. My Virgo Moon tends to be oversensitive like a water sign Moon, but also very introverted and practical, so there goes my depressions. When I didn’t know how to help myself with all my problems I started doing handcraft to release my instability. The things I’m doing practically with my hands are a cure for my tortured mind.

signs of depression
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=333419&postcount=26
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=333420&postcount=27

Maybe my autism I was diagnosed with as a child may be related to the sun/moon conjunction clashing in my sign Aquarius when I was born (Feb 15, 1980). They were 5 degrees apart I think and a total solar eclipse occurred the next day observed only in the eastern hemisphere. The solar/lunar signs at our natal charts are the two most important celestial bodies for everyone's life horoscope profile.

In addition, my ruling planet Uranus in Scorpio while the 8th sign's ruling "planet" Pluto was in adjacent Libra and the triple conjunction of planets Mars, Jupiter and Saturn in Virgo. There could well be friction to affect me in a form of mental disability.

I was diagnosed at age 5, but reexamined through the public education system by behavioral therapy and they placed me as a high-functioning autistic (a mild form of the disorder). So far, I was able to live a fairly regular life, despite qutism in addition with depression and anxiety disorder.

I doubt very much whether a sun/moon conjunction can be held solelyresponsible for autuism.

miquar, as usual excellent delinations...

people's environment conditions play a part, as does school environment, family upbringing and values. I would be very careful to *label* just any one aspect that could say for definate, this or that. There are suggestions, propensities and possibilities....

http://www.ofspirit.com/susanmiller1.htm
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/whatastrologycandoforyou.html
http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_kdvalue_e.htm

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=234549&postcount=7
Perhaps you should read this thread entitled: astrology predicts meanings, not events
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17546&page=2

sequestra

I would look more closely into your mercury aspects ie: mercury square saturn and mercury square pluto, deep penetrating mind, but also quite capable of verbal lacerations and acid tongue. chiron onn 6th house of health is also qutie telling..

Thanks. Yeah I can see mercury square saturn/pluto generating depression/morbidity/dogmatic thinking, but extremism? I suppose emphatic thinking is a form of that, but I wouldn't call myself dictatorial. [Harsh when my mars is activated, yes]. What I mean is, the merc/saturn would be restrictive and reining me in, wouldn't it?

Mars Quincunx Pluto
This aspect needs to be doing something physical the riskier the better, like sports, martial arts, mountain climbing or bungee jumping.

Yes I definitely enjoy a high risk factor (to the point of gambling with my life at times). I thought this was jupiter though :unsure: ... But thank you, I
will contemplate these possibilities.

Rebel Uranian

Jupiter likes risks, not Pluto. Pluto loves "risks," but only when it's in control, aka when there's no real risk. Pluto is interested in demonstrating power, not falling down and getting back up again then laughing about it afterwards.

Choe

In all charts of people with some disability I've seen, the 12th house was somehow prominent or connected to the asc ruler.

Choe

Is this a guess or do you have some sources to back this up??:whistling:

As stated in my post, it's not guess, but empirical experience. 12th house rules hospitals,closed spaces thus restrictions,and this is likely related to the symbolism of disability.
12th is not considered "lucky" house, it brings some kind of pain,difficulties...

Last edited:
As stated in my post, it's not guess, but empirical experience. 12th house rules hospitals,closed spaces thus restrictions,and this is likely related to the symbolism of disability.
12th is not considered "lucky" house, it brings some kind of pain,difficulties...

I doubt whether many people with 12th house many will agree with you here. perhaps research and read what actual members here have to say about 12th....I've never heard it linked to *disabilities* before...but hey I've only been doing astrology for over 20years and 13,000 posts on here..

Research threads on AW
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43270
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41125&highlight=guardian+angel
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=339098#post339098
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3173&highlight=12th+house
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19818&highlight=12th+house
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18312&highlight=12th+house