Pluto opposite MC - Lost My Job!

Iced8Ace

Hi,

I lost my job today for very unfair reasons. My supervisor downplayed my work and said I was a lazy employee, whereas everyone else agrees that I am very competent, rather, I'm too competent for the job. The job was honestly making me miserable for a while, but what job doesn't....

I noticed that the higher ups were really intimidated by me (I scare them) and I wonder if there's a way to remedy that? Or am I doomed to always have my work downplayed and higher ups taking advantage of me? This placements awful... when I try to downplay my intensity, people just take advantage of me...

I would love to hear how others have dealt with this placement. I'm worried that if I get another job, I'll just experience the same treatment. Thank you in advanced!

My chart with today's transits:

Astro%2022.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

graay ghost

I notice you're in Canada. I'm in the US and I notice that work culture is super messed up around here and I'm wondering if it's the same where you are. :pouty:

You were fired for being "too competent." Overqualified. You say yourself that the job was making you miserable. You really didn't belong there but it looks like Pluto made the hard choice of leaving for you.

Do you have any other support while you look for a job that's actually a good fit for you? Something similar happened to me nearly a year ago. I was fired from a job after about a week because I was "too slow to get things", according to the supervisor, but the HR manager saw through this and asked me what I was doing there and told me I didn't belong there. And honestly, he was absolutely right. I've had a few jobs since then but have now found a job that, well, I feel like it's too soon to give judgement, but it's at least intellectually stimulating, so far feedback has been good, and best of all, I'm getting paid a lot more :tongue:

But the only reason I was able to do this is because I had financial support through that. If you have savings or support, this could very well be a blessing. If you don't, that comes first.

Iced8Ace

I notice you're in Canada. I'm in the US and I notice that work culture is super messed up around here and I'm wondering if it's the same where you are. :pouty:

You were fired for being "too competent." Overqualified. You say yourself that the job was making you miserable. You really didn't belong there but it looks like Pluto made the hard choice of leaving for you.

Do you have any other support while you look for a job that's actually a good fit for you? Something similar happened to me nearly a year ago. I was fired from a job after about a week because I was "too slow to get things", according to the supervisor, but the HR manager saw through this and asked me what I was doing there and told me I didn't belong there. And honestly, he was absolutely right. I've had a few jobs since then but have now found a job that, well, I feel like it's too soon to give judgement, but it's at least intellectually stimulating, so far feedback has been good, and best of all, I'm getting paid a lot more :tongue:

But the only reason I was able to do this is because I had financial support through that. If you have savings or support, this could very well be a blessing. If you don't, that comes first.

Just for minimum wage jobs, ime.

I was put down despite being a great employee and there was a power play behind that decision, I think. I ironically planned to get my supervisor fired the day I was let go because I suspected he was sexist from his comments.... but of course he got away with it. I don't know if it was because people felt threatened by me but that's what I perceived. You're right, I should find a job that's a better fit but I haven't got any qualifications. I'm looking for a minimum wage job since I'm still living at home and attending University. I'll try to save up and go from job to job, I think that would actually suit me. I tend to get very bored and rebellious easily at work. Thanks for the advice! Good to hear work is going better for you than it is me, haha.

Last edited:

graay ghost

If you're in school, you're studying to do something, right? It's probably a sign to set your sights a bit higher than minimum wage jobs and look for something that actually has to do with a future career.

Osamenor

Staff member
I would love to hear how others have dealt with this placement. I'm worried that if I get another job, I'll just experience the same treatment. Thank you in advanced!

Losing your job is situational, and it's a situation that happens to lots of people no matter what Pluto placement they have. Pluto's position in your natal chart is part of your entire life. Just because you have Pluto there doesn't mean you'll lose every job.

You mentioned power play, and that does sound very Plutonian. Having Pluto angular makes it one of your strong planets, and having it in hard aspect to your AC or MC could make you seem intimidating, at least to certain people. Sexist men are at the top of the list for being intimidated by a woman with strong Pluto aspects. I have a little personal experience there--I have Pluto square my AC and seem to have gotten plenty of men intimidated, especially the rather sexist ones who didn't really know how to communicate with a woman as an equal, especially when I was in my late teens to mid twenties, and I've seen at least one other young woman with a Pluto/AC square on here who mentioned a comparable experience.

Because your natal Pluto is in your fourth house, its influence is most likely to be felt in your home, family, private self, relationship to land, fourth house things. Transits might stir it up, but looking at your current transits, it doesn't look like your sixth or tenth houses are being hit particularly hard. I might be missing something because I'm a novice at transits, but my guess is this job loss is an insignificant detail in your overall life story. Pluto is currently transiting your fifth house, which is not one of the work and career houses, and I don't see it making any aspects that would say job loss right off the bat.

However, I do notice that you've got lots of interaction going on between Saturn and Pluto. Transiting Saturn is sitting right on your IC, conjunct your natal Pluto, and transiting Pluto is squaring your natal Saturn. Any transit theme that's occurring more than once over, like in this case, is bound to be manifesting in your life. Saturn transits are often associated with conflict with authority and conflict with patriarchy (ie sexist males, patriarchal structure, hierarchies). That's probably what led to this particular job loss. A hard aspect between Saturn and Pluto is likely to involve Pluto's probing, exposing what's underneath, collapsing structures (especially now, when Pluto is in Capricorn) and Saturn's authority, structure, and patriarchy clashing. Saturn, furthermore, is in Pluto's sign, Scorpio, right now, getting an extra dose of that Plutonian/Scorpionic energy.

That you were going to expose your supervisor for being sexist is a perfect example of this square playing out. That he got you fired first is also a perfect example. This is probably not a good time for you to work for sexist companies, but if you want to expose sexism and other unjust workplace practices, you've got great transits for that right now.

Last edited:

Iced8Ace

If you're in school, you're studying to do something, right? It's probably a sign to set your sights a bit higher than minimum wage jobs and look for something that actually has to do with a future career.

True, I'm a writer. I'm getting published this summer! I'm also thinking of working for printing press. Thanks for the advice, graay!

Losing your job is situational, and it's a situation that happens to lots of people no matter what Pluto placement they have. Pluto's position in your natal chart is part of your entire life. Just because you have Pluto there doesn't mean you'll lose every job.

You mentioned power play, and that does sound very Plutonian. Having Pluto angular makes it one of your strong planets, and having it in hard aspect to your AC or MC could make you seem intimidating, at least to certain people. Sexist men are at the top of the list for being intimidated by a woman with strong Pluto aspects. I have a little personal experience there--I have Pluto square my AC and seem to have gotten plenty of men intimidated, especially the rather sexist ones who didn't really know how to communicate with a woman as an equal, especially when I was in my late teens to mid twenties, and I've seen at least one other young woman with a Pluto/AC square on here who mentioned a comparable experience.

Because your natal Pluto is in your fourth house, its influence is most likely to be felt in your home, family, private self, relationship to land, fourth house things. Transits might stir it up, but looking at your current transits, it doesn't look like your sixth or tenth houses are being hit particularly hard. I might be missing something because I'm a novice at transits, but my guess is this job loss is an insignificant detail in your overall life story. Pluto is currently transiting your fifth house, which is not one of the work and career houses, and I don't see it making any aspects that would say job loss right off the bat.

However, I do notice that you've got lots of interaction going on between Saturn and Pluto. Transiting Saturn is sitting right on your IC, conjunct your natal Pluto, and transiting Pluto is squaring your natal Saturn. Any transit theme that's occurring more than once over, like in this case, is bound to be manifesting in your life. Saturn transits are often associated with conflict with authority and conflict with patriarchy (ie sexist males, patriarchal structure, hierarchies). That's probably what led to this particular job loss. A hard aspect between Saturn and Pluto is likely to involve Pluto's probing, exposing what's underneath, collapsing structures (especially now, when Pluto is in Capricorn) and Saturn's authority, structure, and patriarchy clashing. Saturn, furthermore, is in Pluto's sign, Scorpio, right now, getting an extra dose of that Plutonian/Scorpionic energy.

That you were going to expose your supervisor for being sexist is a perfect example of this square playing out. That he got you fired first is also a perfect example. This is probably not a good time for you to work for sexist companies, but if you want to expose sexism and other unjust workplace practices, you've got great transits for that right now.

Thank you very much for soothing some of my worries. I replied in the previous thread, "Chart interpretation please" if you want to look at that. :)

I could be intimidating if I want to. I automatically am when I feel like my security's being threatened. It's just very annoying that I can't rid myself of giving that impression sometimes. I agree that Pluto is very strong (ruler of IC conjunct IC). Thank god someone can relate -- I've noticed that I've intimidated men, particularly with how much drive I have. I used to play a lot of sports for fun, especially in my youth and was often bullied because I was too good and a girl to boot!

You're missing tr. Saturn opposite the MC, at 1 deg. My suspicion is because I was miserable at my job, I had to leave it, since the tr. saturn conjunction takes place in the 4th house, the house of emotions.

Tr. Pluto isn't square my N saturn. A very wide sextile, actually. You have a fair point about patriarchal society and the hierarchy of power being responsible for my job loss. My supervisor told me it was also influenced by the boss, whom I'd never spoken to and who likely said "fire someone".

Yes, I want to expose them somehow. I'm thinking an article on them right now would be well timed with the Pan Am games going on and such. Thanks again for your analysis, Osamenor! :)

HoneyDove

I'm still learning, but what popped out at me is your 7th. That Mercury Saturn Moon pile up. I was just reading about how to find your money in the natal chart, and that's partially where I think yours is. So, communication, through teaching, and it must be a true expression of yourself.. Your money is going to come through unconventional means. While the rest of us toil at our jobs, You'd be your own boss. Well, being in the house the partners makes me think, whatever the thing is, you'll partner up with someone with shared interests. I don't see a traditional career at all. You said you're going to school and you're a writer? Maybe that's where it's heading?

Money in charts is in 2nd 5th 9th and 11th. But I read that pile ups and good aspects can indicate money if they tie back to one of those houses.

You have dreamy Neptune and rebellious Uranus in your 5th, which is diligent Capricorn. When your money is in the fifth house it means that you'll really love what you do for a living. And the way they play with the 7th is what lead me to my conclusion. (if you love what you do, you'll never work a day)

Take what a say with a grain, I'm still very much learning and tend to overly simplify.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Tr. Pluto isn't square my N saturn. A very wide sextile, actually.

You're right. My mistake. All that changes, though, is the kind of nudge Pluto is giving your inner Saturn. A square would be friction, Pluto's action forcing the Saturn in you to act or die. A sextile is a friendlier aspect, but it still serves to excite the planet being aspected into action. More like a gentle nudge than a hard jab, but the results can be similar.
You're missing tr. Saturn opposite the MC, at 1 deg. My suspicion is because I was miserable at my job, I had to leave it, since the tr. saturn conjunction takes place in the 4th house, the house of emotions.
Fourth house is also the house of family, and you've posted elsewhere about what's going on in your family. It looks to me like it's playing out there. Could be in your emotions, too, of course. One transit can have multiple meanings all at the same time.

Any opposition to the MC can push it to further its own development. If you write an article exposing your former employers, that will get you publicly known as the person who exposed this scandal. Depending on how widely read your article is and what you do in the future, your fame might be limited to a handful of blog readers, or it might catapult you into a lifetime of being known as a muckraker. Very Plutonian, and it would also mean developing your public reputation (MC) in a way counter to what Saturn stands for (opposition).

StillOne

Transiting Saturn Square your 10th house ruler (Venus) could have resulted in this change. Osamenor provided many great things to think about. In your natal chart, Pluto squares your 10th house ruler (Venus) and it's tight. There may always be Plutonian situations with your work, for better or for worse... using Placidus houses anyway... :whistling:

It's an interesting situation, regardless how you look at it. Your 10th house ruler conjuncts the Descendant. There's a lot going on there... especially with the Square to the Pluto on the IC. So, most definitely research Pluto conjunct the IC/opposing the MC, and Pluto square the Ascendant/Descendant!

Last edited:

Iced8Ace

Hi, sorry if I've offended anyone by replying late.
So, communication, through teaching, and it must be a true expression of yourself.. Your money is going to come through unconventional means. While the rest of us toil at our jobs, You'd be your own boss. Well, being in the house the partners makes me think, whatever the thing is, you'll partner up with someone with shared interests. I don't see a traditional career at all. You said you're going to school and you're a writer? Maybe that's where it's heading?

Your analysis is very true, though I don't know yet about being my own boss. I am trying to become a teacher and writer. It's boring in theory yes, but I will get around. My writing is an extension of myself -- very true :) I've read saturn can act as a malefic and block the potential to be wealthy. So I don't think my 7th house stellium will do me much good.

I will enjoy my job though. I'm missing out on a lot of money to be happy, haha.

You're right. My mistake. All that changes, though, is the kind of nudge Pluto is giving your inner Saturn. A square would be friction, Pluto's action forcing the Saturn in you to act or die. A sextile is a friendlier aspect, but it still serves to excite the planet being aspected into action. More like a gentle nudge than a hard jab, but the results can be similar.

Fourth house is also the house of family, and you've posted elsewhere about what's going on in your family. It looks to me like it's playing out there. Could be in your emotions, too, of course. One transit can have multiple meanings all at the same time.

Any opposition to the MC can push it to further its own development. If you write an article exposing your former employers, that will get you publicly known as the person who exposed this scandal. Depending on how widely read your article is and what you do in the future, your fame might be limited to a handful of blog readers, or it might catapult you into a lifetime of being known as a muckraker. Very Plutonian, and it would also mean developing your public reputation (MC) in a way counter to what Saturn stands for (opposition).

Yes, my family started dropping like flies when this tr Saturn came on my IC. Many of my family members were admitted to a hospital and I was genuinely afraid some would die.... I've reached a new emotional low, to be frank.

I wrote the article but I'm still debating on whether to release it. I don't know if what's motivating me is justice or my hurt pride. Do I need to throw other people's jobs under the bus to feel better or gain admiration? Stuff like that. Doesn't feel right. I'm having a hard time figuring out what my motivations are and what they should be. Thank you for your insight!!

Transiting Saturn Square your 10th house ruler (Venus) could have resulted in this change. Osamenor provided many great things to think about. In your natal chart, Pluto squares your 10th house ruler (Venus) and it's tight. There may always be Plutonian situations with your work, for better or for worse... using Placidus houses anyway... :whistling:

It's an interesting situation, regardless how you look at it. Your 10th house ruler conjuncts the Descendant. There's a lot going on there... especially with the Square to the Pluto on the IC. So, most definitely research Pluto conjunct the IC/opposing the MC, and Pluto square the Ascendant/Descendant!

Interesting perspective. I forgot to take Venus, ruler of 10th into account. Its definitely for worse, but I'll learn to manage. Do you use the equal house system?

Would that make my venus double angular? I've looked at Pluto/IC a bit and have mostly found "controlling parent" which is true, but not very helpful. I'll try and research the square to ASC/DSC, thank you!

Osamenor

Staff member
I wrote the article but I'm still debating on whether to release it. I don't know if what's motivating me is justice or my hurt pride. Do I need to throw other people's jobs under the bus to feel better or gain admiration? Stuff like that. Doesn't feel right. I'm having a hard time figuring out what my motivations are and what they should be.

If these are the people who threw your job under the bus, turnabout is fair play. Why worry about having the "right" motivations? Were they concerned about that when they fired you? When they treated you and other female employees unfairly?

Osamenor

Staff member
I've read saturn can act as a malefic and block the potential to be wealthy. So I don't think my 7th house stellium will do me much good.

Saturn can also help you become wealthy, by making you work for it. What it blocks is excesses. With Saturn in your corner, you won't win the lottery, but you will get pushed to work hard and save up and manage your money frugally. That can result in you being quite wealthy late in life, if the work you do brings in enough money for that result.

Iced8Ace

If these are the people who threw your job under the bus, turnabout is fair play. Why worry about having the "right" motivations? Were they concerned about that when they fired you? When they treated you and other female employees unfairly?

Being vengeful isn't proper resolve to me. What can I fight for? I have no proof that they treated other female employees unfairly. My personal perspective is too little to target a large company and will come off as a rant. Upper management changes over a short time span there, so my expose might be false a year later, if it's still relevant, etc... I don't want to embarrass myself just over my own petty emotions....

Saturn can also help you become wealthy, by making you work for it. What it blocks is excesses. With Saturn in your corner, you won't win the lottery, but you will get pushed to work hard and save up and manage your money frugally. That can result in you being quite wealthy late in life, if the work you do brings in enough money for that result.

Saturn is the worst critique though. Not figuring out saturn's lessons means running into several walls. I personally don't think money is enough of an incentive to endure that.

Jupiter in 4th is also interpreted as being wealthy later in life. I wonder if the saturn square to my jupiter cancels or reinforces that.

Osamenor

Staff member
Being vengeful isn't proper resolve to me. What can I fight for? I have no proof that they treated other female employees unfairly. My personal perspective is too little to target a large company and will come off as a rant. Upper management changes over a short time span there, so my expose might be false a year later, if it's still relevant, etc... I don't want to embarrass myself just over my own petty emotions....

Standing up for your own rights isn't being vengeful. Telling your own truth isn't being vengeful. And you can always clarify in your article that you're talking about your own experience there at a specific time, and that they have lots of turnover in upper management. Ever read Barbara Ehrenreich's Nickel and Dimed? She named specific companies and described their abuses of their workers (changed the names of specific individuals, though), and she also mentioned such details as high turnover in management. It was perfectly fair, and, in fact, at least one of those companies cleaned up their act in the wake of it. I have a cousin who worked for Merry Maids (that was one of the companies Ehrenreich exposed) a few years after Nickel and Dimed came out, and it was a much better company to work for by then.

And if they did it to you, chances are very, very good that they've done it to others. Perhaps you publishing your article will prompt others to come forward. If it's published online and comments are allowed, watch the comments. You might see some people mentioning similar experiences.

Furthermore, if the company culture facilitates what they did to you, it's going to persist when the current managers are gone, unless they really clean up their act.