No one to turn to

Holist

Well, if I analyze my life more critically, it might be possible to look at the houses better.

I spent most of my 20's in higher institutions or traveling. Throughout my life I have lived in 5 different Canadian provinces, and traveled to all of them. I've been to many places in the U.S. I have also lived in China and Brazil.

I spent my mid 20's living in a Buddhist monastery for almost 2 years. Concurrently, I completed a university degree in International Relations and then a college diploma in Oriental Medicine. My life revolves around spirituality, philosophy, and higher learning. I'm a genius on the IQ scale, not that I consider IQ to matter that much.

My major near death experiences didn't approach until my Saturn return was looming. In the past 5 years I have almost died three times, due to medical stuff.

So... what seems like shamanic 8th house stuff could just be the fact that I have Saturn and Pluto in Scorpio, and in the 6th house of health. Hence why I became a health practitioner (daily routine / work), and why I have suffered deadly GI illnesses. My natal Mars (ruler of Scorpio) also trines with my natal Pluto, making Mars a major player in my chart.

The one discrepancy is... if I'm ASC Taurus, then Venus would rule my ASC, and Venus also aspects my natal Pluto... which would rather tie in a lot of stuff.

I also tend to attract and interact with spiritual people like crazy, especially people from traditional lineages.

Wouldn't 8th house mean I get more money and resources from other people? Attract joint ventures a lot? Because that stuff doesn't really happen to me. Right now I'm on welfare and barely scraping by, lol.

Sorry if this is TMI but rectifying my chart is important to me.

As for gem or taurus rising... people consider me to be very heady, even though I'm very intuitive. On all the personality testing I'm 50/50 intellect and emotional style. That duality seems very Gem. The whole cusp thing has been suggested to me because of how close my birth time is, but I've never believed in cusps. You're either one or the other. I've dated a lot of Taureans and although I can adapt to them I don't relate to how fixed they are, though I love their aesthetic tastes.

I'm not so sure my Sun is 8th house. Whenever I travel, I become activated... pure magic happens in my life. I become very happy go lucky. I know that's true of a lot of people on vacation, but my style is more backpacker. I don't care about traveling lavishly, but experiencing foreign lands. Granted I've been too ill to do that in recent years, but it's all I think about wanting to do. If I was healthy right now I'd sell everything I own and get out of here!

Last edited:

Oddity

Hi Holist -

I was gonna write to you! But we can do it here. I'm not wild on the 'personality' way of rectifying charts. Way too much in astrology is not what it seems like it would be at first glance, you don't need to be a traditional practitioner to realise that.

Profections are really helpful. Graphic enclosed. You just need to know how to count to do them. So you know what happened when - and you look at how the profection matches up.

Your first year of life is the first sign of your chart. On your first birthday until your second birthday, you're in a second sign profection. It can also be useful to see where the planets move by conjunction or opposition, especially a troublesome malefic. So if you had a sixth house year, and profected Saturn was opposing natal Saturn - you'd probably expect illness or other types of bad fortune.

Ninth house - overseas travel, study of higher subjects from sciences to theology, that kind of thing.

Seventh house - did an important relationship start, end, or alter in a significant way? Is that where most of your energy went?

That kind of thing.

Also, Mars is your almuten, it is in some ways, especially spiritually-magically, the most important planet in your chart. And it's the out-of-sect malefic, above the horizon in a day chart (that bit isn't good).

So it's prominent, and in some ways it is very much on your side, but - it's causing you some problems, too.

Anyway, profection chart attached, see what matches to what, if anything jumps out at you.

Attachments

• PaulsProfectionYearsChart.jpeg
    PaulsProfectionYearsChart.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 18

Holist

Very interesting profections. Some stuff does align, other stuff not so much, and other stuff still I simply can't remember. But yeah, more recent years, there are some uncanny alignments there.

And according to the profection for next year, I should be entering a 9th house year, which is where my Sun is under the chart systems I've been using. Some astrologers and readers I've been to have suggested my Pluto/Sun transit will involve relocation to a foreign land. I like the idea of that, I just don't see how it's possible *right now* due to my health situation.

I think once Pluto is exact, it will begin to indicate exactly the placement of my Sun. It's not like Pluto beats around the bush with stuff. Oddity, you mentioned earlier that you don't believe the outer planets matter so much, especially when using traditional astrology. I agree that the personal planets pack more of a punch, but I have really felt the outer planets. Neptune transiting my Pisces planets has been felt keenly, especially when it's exact to the degree. Neptune/Venus brought me THREE magical/beautiful relationships that in the end were completely full of **** and left me in the dust, but I fell for them hook, line, and sinker. Neptune/Mars has brought me a lot of physical weakness, and it has been hard to take directed action in the world. It has rendered me a lot more passive. (Observationally, and not me identifying with it.)

I really felt Pluto's inconjunct to my Moon, and I felt better around the time it left.

Could you suggest some ways to differentiate if Taurus or Gemini are my ASC? I know the personality route is iffy, but I don't know what else to go on. Does Mercury rule my personality, or Venus?

Last edited:

Oddity

Remember that profection goes by sign, not house. This year is an eighth house year for you, so if you were born with Gemini rising, it means Capricorn with Sun/Jupiter, if you were born with Taurus rising, it means Sag, with Mercury.

What happened last year? I'm thinking that if you have Taurus rising, it would've been pretty miserable with Scorpio containing that Saturn/SN conjunction, whereas if you're Gemini, it was a Sag-Mercury year, and not so heavy.

Can you list some important dates, like moving far away, if there was a divorce, death in the family, if you married, had a child, received honours of some sort, memorable things?

Oddity

Also, I have no problem with anyone using the outer planets if they find them meaningful. I was always a little perplexed about why modern astrology chose invisible planets over, say, those bright shiny fixed stars of first or second magnitude when they conjuncted a critical point in a chart, like a planet or an angle, but that's me.

Trad astrology uses way more technique (dignities, receptions, sect, etc), modern astrology uses way more stuff (invisible planets, asteroids, etc). I think if you're capable, you can get there either way, but for me, trad is a whole lot more philosophically coherent, so that's what I do.

Holist

I'm not really understanding how profections work. I understand visually or by doing, usually. I also have a concussion right now so my logic is a bit fried.

Important dates...

2015 was hands down the worst year of my life. An important relationship ended, my career got side barred, I developed life threatening PANIFUL illness, and a lot of community and unexpected people became involved in supporting me. My family got dragged back into my life in a new way. My Saturn return pretty much heralded in hell on Earth for me. The six weeks I was in the hospital, they tortured me and didn't really help me with my condition, so I had to go home and prepare to die. Somehow I made it through. On the flipside, I did a huge amount of online research, consulting experts, and doing things my way. It was not a "light" year whatsoever, from start to finish.

However, this year has been worse in a lot of ways once my condition relapsed. But I did get to the root of things. I got to travel a bit this year. I re-applied to university for this fall (don't know if I'll be going), and I have begun restructuring my business to be more online focused. My illness took a shorter course this year, but the recovery has been longer for some reason... probably because I relied on western medicine which I should never have done. Right now I'm looking into joining a Buddhist community again. However... for the first time in my life, I also have a lawyer fighting an insurance case that will lock me into legal **** for the next 18 months - 2 years.

I would post more dates but I don't want that personally identifiable info on here.

Oddity

Thank you for the info. You had said 2015 before for your illness, and when I saw that Saturn of yours, I really wondered.

Don't fret over profections at this point - get over that concussion!

Holist

Mind if I ask one more question?

What do you see my partnership & career potential being based on my chart?

I have had several cataclysmically failed relationships, and it has been suggested to me that partnership is not really in the cards for me according to my astrology, but I don't see the connection.

As for career... I'll leave that one unbiased for you to answer, if you're willing :)

sasa62

I'm an astrologer, and my life is supremely effed up. I need some insight. I'm really struggling.

Here is the basic back story:
- major GI illness the past 2 years, almost died twice
- lost my career, my livelihood, and am totally dependent now
- lost most of my friends and have become very isolated
- a lot of misfortune, like accidents, injuries, psychic attacks,
- lots of support networks falling away, people disappearing who I thought would always be there, and general abandonment
- new enemies, for seemingly no good reason
- basically stuck at home and alone most of the time now

I already know a lot about my chart, but it's easy to be blind to one's own path.

Please, anyone? Could I get some advice and insight? There has been so much trauma and hell, and I'm still standing... but on this day, I just can't take it anymore. I really need a light at the end of the tunnel.

hello Holist I am sorry that you have such problems

To this period for you really is critical.
For your horoscope are crucial:
Sun and Saturn as the sun dispositor
Moon and Sun as the moon dispositor
Mercury and Jupiter as the mercury dispositor

transits the past year or two and the statement also in the following period:

1. Pluto conjunction of the Sun (2016-2018 ) and Jupiter
- Stress, pressure of authority, mistreatment, injuries, psychic attacks, problems with the digestive system. loss of friends (This applies to your horoscope)

2. Ur square Sun and Jupiter (2015-2017)
- Also possible injury, then viral or bacterial problems or severe allergic reactions, and may also be in question digestive system due to the Jupiter

indirectly, all refers to a job and revenues due to the situation in the Ju and So in capricorn. Saturn ruler of 10 house and the dispositor of the ruler of the first and second house (Mercury) again Jupiter.

3. Neptune conjunction Mars and Ve ( 2014- 2018)

Large inflammation or temperature, or possible intoxication / poisoning or excess acid or great exhaustion of the body
- Because Ju dispositor again digestive system or axle pisces virgo can be and bowel comes ... isolation, and depression

Saturn from the sagittarius is worsening the situation. Also Ju from virgo ...
Every exact passage of Saturn and Jupiter over Mars probably caused new problems ... you can easily check the dates when the situation was worse or when repeating a similar situation ...

I expect that it will change its own identity in the coming period and that pressures on you continue to repeat.
Since these are circumstances beyond our control, expect drastic changes in the field of home also .... will you have to change the home due to lack of work and income you probably know that better than me ... (loans?)

I do not know completely correct circumstances, but maybe you could think about moving somewhere else, where it could last longer with the current assets that you have until the situation changes and a place where you can avoid the mistreatment and enemies ???

sasa62

It also sounds like you're saying my problems are only beginning. It's going to get a lot more intense soon.

Yes... not necessarily more intense but period will be continued....

So, what I said is the first theory which must first be checked through the current events at exactly the right time ...

therefore I need a data of birth, exact dates when something important happened and what is happening at that moment, what the doctors say about your situation ... more of input data so much the better

And of course your patience because I do not have too much time available...