Will my son be accepted in this new "premium" school?

Ishwara

Will my son be accepted in this new Charter school?

Namaste,

My son has been struggling with many aspects of his current charter school, especially with his fairly strict and somewhat unsupportive teacher. So much so, that my wife and I decided to apply at this other charter school with the intention of helping him be excited again to go to school, as he used to before.

This new school is extremely popular and very desirable, but somewhat hard to get into due the fact that, once accepted, very few people ever leave unless major life events requires it. They're using a lottery system to assign the few open spots available each year to the many applicants.

My question: Will my son be picked to be part of this school in the next school year? Note: The lottery will take place in the first week of June.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Cheers,

JM

2hzpwlf.gif

Last edited:

Ishwara

Since no one seems motivated to reply to my request, I would gladly make a $10 donation to the favorite charity of the first horary expert in this forum that contribute a thorough answer to my question! I'll post a copy of the receipt on this board. :)

Ishwara

I just read some of the threads in these forums, and it seems that in the last few months, some conscensus was reached than unless a posted chart question is accompanied by at least some interpretative attempt from the querent to answer his own question, the question should be ignored. Fair enough.

So, in the hope of generating some kind of feedback, I decided to overcome my fear of public embarrassement and to attempt to interpret my chart with the little knowledge of horary I have picked up from these forums and from skimming/reading Anthony Louis' "Horary Astrology , Plain and Simple." Consider yourself warned...

--------------+

1- Sag rising, makes the querent, me, a Pisces, ruled by Jupiter. The question relates to luck,education and overall happiness and is well represented by Jupiter. This ratifies the chart.

2- Further ratifying the chart, the chart ruler Jupiter is located in the 5th house, of children, and gambling/speculation which is exactly what my question is about, since my son's admission to this school is determined by a lottery/luck.

3- The 5th house in Taurus is ruled by Venus. The significator of my son is thus Venus, located in the 6th house. My son's frequent comments that he is "sick and tired" (6th house) of his teacher's attitude towards him, which prompted the issue/question, is another ratifying point.

4- The moon's very last aspect was a sextile to Uranus on the cusp of the 4th house, or a conjunction to South Node if uranus is ignored from a classical horary analysis. Not sure the meaning of that.

4- Now, the only significator of the lottery aspect of the query I can think of here would be the POF in 11th (hopes and dreams) in nearly exact separating opposition from Jupiter, but since it is separating, nothing to gain there?

5- The moon's next full aspect will be a sextile to Mercury (conjunct Uranus) in the 4th house of "outcome of the matter": Unexpected news of admission in the mail/email?

That's the best I can come up with so far, but I am afraid I have no idea how to bring all these aspects together into a clear judgement... :sad: Any feedback would be appreciated...

JM

Last edited:

Tanne

Hi

Your son is the 5th house which is ruled by Taurus and therefore Venus.
The school is the 7th house which is ruled by Gemini and therefore Mercury.

Venus is in Gemini therefore your son will love the school.
Mercury is in the terms (bounds) Venus therefore the school will like your son.

Mercury applies to a sextile with Venus. This is perfected in 10 days. This implies that the school will "come" to your son in a period of 10 days / weeks / months. My conclusion would be that your son will be accepted it this premium school.

Kind regards
Tanne

Ishwara

Hi

Mercury applies to a sextile with Venus. This is perfected in 10 days. This implies that the school will "come" to your son in a period of 10 days / weeks / months. My conclusion would be that your son will be accepted it this premium school.

Kind regards
Tanne

Thank you so much Tanne, for for very promising feedback! :smile: I am a little confused by your choice of the seventh house as representing the school though? Is this a traditional signification for the 7th house?

Ishwara

does your son want to go to that school or would he be inclined towards an art school environment?

Well, I think I would call him more "creative" than "artistic", but right now his desire is more focused on getting OUT of his current school than anything else. He had a tour of this new school twice already, and both time he was really, really excited about what he saw and heard, and so were we. This school really emphasizes and successfully uses very alternative/ingenious ways of teaching and relating to the kids, and all the kids there seem really happy and deeply involved with the school's many projects. It was very inspiring to see...

JM

Last edited:

Tanne

The 7th is 3rd from the 5th and is therefore your son's school. If you are looking at university it would be 9 from the 5th which is the 1st.

Ishwara

The 7th is 3rd from the 5th and is therefore your son's school. If you are looking at university it would be 9 from the 5th which is the 1st.

Doh! I thought that might be what you meant. Problem is that I started counting from the wrong house and therefore got confused. Makes perfect sense now. :happy: Thanks again.

Cheers.

JM

MaeMae

Banned
i see son is 5th house of chart. his school would be 3rd from his 1st, so in this case, 8th house. 8th house ruler is moon.

son's ruler is venus, school is moon. moon approaches venus in conjunction so likely they will accept him.

please note. son's co-ruler is Sun, bumped into his 1st by lilly's mandate. sun's well being and creative nature in it's own house. sun as co-ruler makes no aspect to moon.

your son will likely be accepted but i don't see him thriving at that school.

Ishwara

i see son is 5th house of chart. his school would be 3rd from his 1st, so in this case, 8th house. 8th house ruler is moon."

Wait, what? which is it then? Third house from the 5th house itself or from the position of the 5th house ruler?

Also, could you please explain "lilly's mandate" I never heard about that... Thanks Mae.

Last edited:

MaeMae

Banned
lilly trad horary, and of great consideration of modern, recognized error of timing and influence of approaching house. (my interp of lilly)
a planet within 5 deg of next house can be considered in that house and co ruler of house.
the context of question (what is or what's not being said) can often be found in those houses.
so, your son's 1st house (querant (you)'s 5th has sun "creative expression" as co-ruler.
it is not in a positive applying aspect to school.
your son needs attention to thrive, not to get lost in a crowd.
the question, in my mind, that you are asking is ~
where will my son fit in and thrive. the subtext, unspoken, is a status consideration on your part.

Last edited:

Ishwara

Tanne, Mae, thank you both for your continued replies.

Mae, as a Sag - Leo rising, your comment about my son needing attention to thrive is absolutely dead on!

There is, however, absolutely no "status" subtext in my inquiry. May be my poor use of the word premium in my thread title is distracting you. Extra-ordinary, would have been a better choice, in that this (public, but charter) school is really using "out of the box" approaches and implementations in their teaching method, and they're seem to be quite successful at it.

Also, both of my son's previous teachers were all extremely fond of him, despite his occasional distracting exuberance and playfulness. His current teacher on the other hand, seems to have no patience or skills in handling boys of his nature, and her chronic lack of respect and empathy towards many of the boys in her class has become a real issue for a third of the parents in the class. Anyways, as I said earlier, my immediate motivation is simply to take him out of his current class/school and find him a more supportive/compatible learning environment.

Stay tune, I promise I'll be back with an update in early June!

Namaste,

JM

MaeMae

Banned
Ishwara ~
you are 1st house jupiter ruled and your ruler is in your 5th which indicates you are personally attached to 5th accolades. Sorry, I'm not buying your personal image disinterest in this question or now-determined "wrong word" PREMIUM. Royalty ~ Sun in 5th resonates to original question and subtext of horary question at time asked.
nonetheless, you described creativity of your son and to maximize his well being, I strongly feel you should not obligate son or yourself to a non-applying aspect of question.
He may be able to decide his own curriculum if you consider Waldorf type school or home schooling.
In the long run, you will both come out as Kings.

Last edited:

Ishwara

Hi

Kind regards
Tanne

Hi Tanne,

As promised, please name, here or in private message, the name of your favorite charity and I'll be glad to send them a small contribution. I really appreciated your help.
Thank you again.

Cheers,

JM

Last edited:

MaeMae

Banned
the king bestows gifts upon the messenger who tells him what he hopes to hear.
please check back with us next year and let us know how happy your son is at his new premium school? it helps us understand the subtleties of horary.

Tanne

Hi

Thank you very much for your offer of the donation. If you wish to do it please choose something that is close to your heart.

Kind regards
Tanne