Need some education: Which charts to use when?

lana_sa

Can anyone help me with this,i am new.I was at the www.astro.com and looking at those different chart,i don't know which one to use? i want to know if my ex will try to contact me in the future.So where do those kind of questions "fall"?

Can anyone help me with this,i am new.I was at the www.astro.com and looking at those different chart,i don't know which one to use? i want to know if my ex will try to contact me in the future.So where do those kind of questions "fall"?

Your question would be suitable for a horary question, IF you follow the basic rules
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/faq.php?faq=horary#faq_horary_astrology_boards
You could try asking a horary question in that forum, by posting a chart and asking a question with yes or no answer but first you need to learn few basics and at least attempt an interpretation as horary is inundated with silly questions and senior members get very frustrated....

What Astrology Can and Can Not Do
http://www.ofspirit.com/susanmiller1.htm
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/whatastrologycandoforyou.html
http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_kdvalue_e.htm

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=234549&postcount=7
Perhaps you should read this thread entitled: astrology predicts meanings, not events
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17546&page=2

Ok horary question,but which chart? hon astro.com there are many different

follow the link I gave you above and that will explain matters :whistling:

every forum has *stickys* in it at the top, these are advices,explanations and resources, so please use them...
plus we have a search feature ,bit like google using keywords

Amy

WHAT ABOUT if you WANT TO KNOW when a significant relationship will come into your life???

i dont know which chart to use.

again, i see all sorts of charts IF YOU ARE IN A RELATIONSHIP..But aside from the Natal, is there one i can use to see when would a relationship most likely occur?

Please advise - i do go on astro.com, but all i know how to do is a Natal. and then, there are so many drop down lists, its hard to decide which one will give me the best and/or most accurate description

please advise and THANK YOU - I will keep searching.:pouty:

WHAT ABOUT if you WANT TO KNOW when a significant relationship will come into your life???

i dont know which chart to use.

again, i see all sorts of charts IF YOU ARE IN A RELATIONSHIP..But aside from the Natal, is there one i can use to see when would a relationship most likely occur?

Please advise - i do go on astro.com, but all i know how to do is a Natal. and then, there are so many drop down lists, its hard to decide which one will give me the best and/or most accurate description

please advise and THANK YOU - I will keep searching.:pouty:

Re: Need some education: Which charts to use when?

have you read the whole thread?? why don't you post your chart with progressions and transits in RMC forum OR try here

Relationship sticky
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28945
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=254409&postcount=9

greybeard

I'll add my grain of sand. Haven't read all the replies, so I may be repeating.

Here's an actual example of how I chose "which chart type to use:"

I had just given a weekend seminar on astrology in a town in Mexico I had never visited before. So after finishing the seminar, I decided to play tourist for a few days. I was standing on a busy sidewalk outside a grocery store waiting to use a pay phone, when a woman's voice called my name....

I turned and saw a woman who I did not know. She immediately asked me, "Como saldra el nino?" (How will the baby come out?) I was a bit confused. Who was this woman, and what baby was she talking about? Then I noticed that she was very pregnant. And I noticed that she was emotionally agitated. I discovered she had attended my seminar.

As I stood there, taking in all these details of the situation, I asked myself which type of chart I should employ to help her. The question was a specific one....and she had a powerful psychological investment in the question, as evidenced by her obiviously anxious emotional state. So I opted for horary.

But I didn't have my watch with me. So I asked a man standing nearby what time he had, and arranged to visit the woman at her home the next morning when I would have access to my ephemeris and tables.

Now out of that specific question (How will the baby come out?), this woman (a Virgo and professional worry-wart) came up with a dozen more questions....but each of those questions hinged on the birth of the baby, and were therefore legitimately (and very accurately) dealt with by that horary chart. The questions included such topics as her employment and the state of her marriage, the state of the baby's health at birth and even the date and time of birth.

The criteria I used (already mentioned) for selecting horary over natal were:

1. The question was very specific.
2. She was emotionally invested in the question. It was not a superficial question, and it had been cooking in her head for some time before asking. I could see, physically, her agitated and concerned psychological state.

I am of the opinion that horary charts are abused...used far too often and superficially. It is just silly to take an exam, rush off to visit your friendly neighborhood astrologer and ask "Will I pass the exam?" when the results will be published in three days and there is nothing you can do now to affect the outcome.

In the case of a natal chart, which is used for general consultations as well as addressing specific problems (situations), the natal chart should always be brought up to the current moment and near future by use of directions, progressions, profections and transits (whatever your preferred methods of actualizing the chart happen to be). And even more important than the type of chart used is How they are used.

I just recently got a late-night call from a friend. He had just had a disastrous argument with his mother and "said things" that probably destroyed the relationship. He was of course emotionally distraught. I told him I'd drop by his place the next evening.

When I began talking with him the next evening, I showed him the transiting Mercury exactly opposing his natal Mars, with the nodal axis right in the middle of the fray. And then I moved to his natal chart, because I thought it more important to discuss the roots of the incident rather than the incident itself. I got him talking.

And he said that he had really messed up, that what he did was "self-destructive." Which gave me the opportunity to help change his perspective. I pointed out that his actions had not been self-destructive, but had instead liberated him from a suffocating relationship with his mother, had empowered him and set him free. After all, life is nothing more than your attitude toward it.

The choice of chart type for an astrologer is very much the same as the choice of tool by a carpenter. He knows what he can do with each tool, and understands his purpose. He selects his tool according to his purpose.

akshat005

I agree fully with Niplan's response but, for information, my own understanding of (and approach to) the use of various charts is as follows :-

When Looking at an Individual's Self-development
1. Natal Chart
This reveals our character; instinctive behaviour and life direction/purpose...So, it's the first chart to look at because it tells us "where the person is coming from and going to"......plus the baggage they can choose to carry with them or let go of on their journey.

2. Progressed "day-for-a-year" Chart*
This chart covers the 12 month period from birthday to birthday and highlights the (lifelong) lessons of the natal chart that will be the focus of our attention during that time...So, it's the second chart to look at because it tells us (in general terms) what can be learned from the events/transits we shall encounter each year.

3. Lunar "day-for-a-month" Progressed Chart (Tertiary Chart)
There are 12 of these for every day-for-a-year progressed chart, giving the same information as the latter on a month-by-month basis...So, these are primarily "timing" charts enabling us to determine the exact month in which the learning event/transit will occur...but they also provide us with a "12X magnification" view of what the lesson is about.

4. Transit Charts
There are 28-31 transit charts for every day-for-a-month lunar progressed chart, showing (on a daily basis) the events/transits relating to the highlighted progressed/natal chart lessons...So, these are the fourth charts to look at because they tell us on which days our learning will be exemplified by a specific event......However, we avoid information overload by focusing initially upon the transit period of slow-moving planets (to identify significant events) with faster-moving planet transits enabling us to "zoom-in" for more specific information on the daily unfolding of the event.

[*Note : Solar Arc Charts are progressed charts, with all planets "progressed" by the actual annual movement of the Sun each year....(This can vary from just under to just over 1 degree, but most astrologers use 1 degree for the initial "sighting" of significant aspects and adjust for accuracy only when/if they need to)......Thus, if the Sun moves one degree in a year, all 10 planets in the chart are progressed by one degree......whereas, the day-for-a-year progressed chart progresses all planets by the actual daily movement each of them makes.]
_________________________________​

Next instalment at post 7.​

I agree with this reply dear. This is true that Natal chart is used to predict about character of any person, birth chart is used to predict about all things in person's life and all about planet positioned. Mainly people like to predict with the help of birth chart. Thanks fro sharing this here dear.

dr. farr

Natal, transit, progressed, composite, event & horary charts should pretty much cover whatever one needs to know.

(and possibly solar return charts also, but I prefer progressed)