Need help understanding Pholus trine my Vesta

TurquoisePisces

Hi,

I need some help understanding Pholus aspecting my Vesta.

Pholus in Sagittarius in a few days with exactly (with no degrees or minutes off) trine my Vesta (in Aries).

I'm having a really hard time understanding this aspect or how I might see it play out in my life.

Would love help with this! Thanks!!

[Thread moved to Greenhorns. No attempt at own interpretation by poster. Mod.]

Last edited by a moderator:

starlink

TPisces, in order to understand an aspect, you must very well know what these two asteroids mean.(like with all the planets!) Do you?

I dont to be honest, never have been much interested in these extra's as basic astrology is complicated enough. Out of curiosity it is quite nice to look at them, but there is still so little written about them, I dont want to take them in serious consideration.

I see that this is your first post, so I welcome you to this forum. Maybe you can also give a quick introduction in our "introduce yourself" forum, telling us how you got into astrology e.o.

Asteroids are the last thing a beginning (if you are) astrologer should start looking at.
They do play a role, I'm sure, but a secondary one compared to the role of the planets. So I hardly look at them. And I certainly do not look at two asteroids aspecting each other. They are not personal planets like Venus, Mars, Merc. etc.
I found this thread for you which was started in 2005. Maybe it can explain a bit more. Apparently some of our members really like Pholus, so have a read!

Pholus

I am afraid I cannot give you an answer here, much as I would like. Have a further look in our forum called "fixed stars, asteroids and other cosmic objects" if you are interested in these things.

Starlink

Last edited:
totally agree, if you are just learning astrology, leave these 'specs of dust' til last. There is much more important, interesting and fruitful information to be gleaned from Transits, secondary progressions, solar arcs, solar returns first.....

Basic astrology
Now basically your sun sign is your 'core beliefs, values, ego' and Asc is your physical body, mode of expression and mask and persona that we all wear and hide behind, but definitely not what's going on underneath. What's going on underneath is your Sun sign. Moon sign, house placements and aspects describe your emotional and intuitive responses, also describes your view of your mother, as saturn describes your father by sign and house position.

So, think of a glass milk bottle the bottle is your Asc and your sun the milk, but the milk still has to 'come out' through the glass neck of the milk bottle....

Now aspects within a natal chart represent 'facets' of our personality, because we are all multifaceted beings. What these do is 'break down and compartmentalise' these facets into smaller bite size chunks. This does take quite a lot of self analysis and objectivity to 'see yourself' and why you do certain things and behave in certain ways. Actually it can be quite good therapy...