relationships quincunx Cancer - Aquarius/Sagittarius

Quincunx (aka Inconjunct) 150?

Cancer quincunx Aquarius and Sagittarius

Cancer is cardinal and water sign. All water signs play on peoples feelings and probably Scorpio is worst for doing this. All four cardinal signs want to start, initiate projects ie: get things moving, not always great at finishing though. Cancer is like Capricorn shrewd in business and good with money and hanging onto it. Very sensitive, moody (all water signs are) and nostalgic. Very strongly attached to family members, home roots and home and emotional security very important to them. You find a lot of cancerians and water signs in the caring professions, nursing, caring for elderly etc. Like food and cooking.

Aquarius and Sagittarius belong to group of three signs, Aries last one that will always want and need lots of freedom and independence and freedom of movement in particular within relationships. Cancer will never understand this requirement, they will feel that family should be enough for anyone cos it is for them. Both these signs want a social life and social contact with people and Cancer may feel bit left out and of course moody and oversensitive with it.

Aquarius tends to talk to lots of people but can be rather private sign as well. Very humanitarian will always fight the cause for the underdog. Good with computers, electronics doesn?t do hospitals or sick people. Very talkative and this is the only sign I have found that tries and wants to stay friends with the ex. Friendship is first thing they look for in relationships, second they want the mental connection and rappor and certainly want their minds stimulating before their bodies (sorry Aries, Taurus and Scorpio). Well maybe if you talk dirty to them then??. Cancer wants lots of cuddles and reassurance which Aquarius may find draining. Cancer worries about everything, Aquarius does not and will talk about it endlessly.

Sagittarius is fire and mutable sign, therefore restless wants lots freedom and independence and movement within relationships. Sagittarius the sign of born careerist, teacher and traveller. Very philosophical, broad minded free thinking and duplicitous. ALL the mutable signs can be duplicitous, do as I say but not do as I do! Sagittarius doesn?t usually like being stuck at home doing nurturing it wants to be out having social life and social contact (and drink?.) with people and independence.

All fire signs tend to act first and think later. Some Sagg can be bit of thrill of chase me merchants or catch me if you can, cos they like to play the field first and usually quite late for settling down. Cancer family is everything to Sag it is not, there is whole wide world out there??

CH_7385

I came across this and wanted to add that this CAN be a bad pairing. Depending on what else the three signs have. I have always hated Sun Sign Astrology because it is only one piece out of soooo much. For instance as a Cancer a person is ruled by the Moon. What if that Moon is in independent Aquarius or secretive Scorpio? You end up with two vastly different people. Same with the Sag or Aqua. An Aquarius with Sag Moon will very much so need that feedom and that mental connection above all else. While an Aquarius with Scorp or Cancer Moon will need the mental connection AND emotions or else they aren't in it. And they may not want an independent person as a partner but someone more retiring. Or they may end up with people who are a certain way as friends (the sun is satisfied), and then romantic partners who are one way (the moon and venus if its a man).

I do agree that the quincunx can be a bad aspect. I have a Yod formed between Jupiter in Aqua Sextile Uranus in Sag quincunx (they are also in mutual reception) both sides of my Sun Mars Conjunction in Cancer (I am actually a Cancer Sun/Mars/Asc so in theory I am a super Cancer and lack ALL objectivity lol). Along with this I have my IC (which is ruled by the Moon) Square Uranus, my Moon in Cap in the 7th...and my Mercury in Leo. So I am emotional (Cancer Sun/Asc/Mars) BUT internally emotionally distant, logical (Moon in Cap/IC in Virgo Square Uranus) and cool.

I appear open, sweet and friendly to people who don't know me (7th house Moon/Moon Trine Venus aspect/11th house ruled by Taurus, with a Taurus Venus in the 11th). But the reality is the more you get to know me the more distant I am. I am also high spirited and a bit (lol ok more than a bit) self absorbed (Mercury in Leo, and Sun Conjunct Asc/Mars in the 1st).

Claire19

This is a generalisation and should be ignored. THere is so much else in a chart to show compatibilities or lack thereof. Quincunx is an aspect that has only a 2-3 degree orb. So someone may have Sun in Aquarius and the other with Sun in Cancer for instance but they may not even be in aspect......or late Aquarius and early Cancer making a trine with the suns although dissociate.

This is a generalisation and should be ignored. THere is so much else in a chart to show compatibilities or lack thereof. Quincunx is an aspect that has only a 2-3 degree orb. So someone may have Sun in Aquarius and the other with Sun in Cancer for instance but they may not even be in aspect......or late Aquarius and early Cancer making a trine with the suns although dissociate.
of course it is a generalisation. If these quincunxs are within a natal chart, then it's that person who has these internal issues.

In synastry, I do feel however that the quincunx signs offer problems even though they are not *in aspect* of a quincunx, due to the vastly different, signs expressions. :whistling:

CH_7385

In synastry, I do feel however that the quincunx signs offer problems even though they are not *in aspect* of a quincunx, due to the vastly different, signs expressions.

I agree and disagree with this at the same time. Again if the two people involved don't have anything similar then yes it is a problem. Obviously Sag and Cancer are different. But what if that Sag has a Scorp Venus, Moon, Mars or is heavily water influenced and the Cancer has a Sag Moon or Asc? Or what if the Cancer Sun has Moon Conjunct Jupiter, or the Sag has Sun Conjunct Neptune? That right there changes things and is much more powerful than even compatible associations by Sun.

You could even say the same about Sag and Aqua. Traditionally they are compatible. But with if the Sag has a TON of Scorp or water. And the Aqua is a Super Aqua and lacks water. Even the compabible Suns won't help that. So its just not a good idea to take ONE aspect between signs and not look at the entire feel of a chart. This is why traditionally incompatible signs can get along and make it and then traditionally compatible signs can start with the promise of so much and then just not live up to things.

I should probably add I've been studying astrology for over 7 years. I looked and saw that I had junior status and you have senior status, and I didn't want to come off as someone who literally just started studying this and then was trying to "school" someone who has been doing this for years lol. I've been lurking around here for a few years and just on a whim decided to join. Nice to meet you!!

of course it is a generalisation. If these quincunxs are within a natal chart, then it's that person who has these internal issues

Well I actually have them in my chart that touch my Sun and Mars. And I don't feel any internal issues actually. Or maybe I do and I'm not aware of it lol. I am pretty Uranus influenced anyway so I think that might help mitigate things for me. I do have a tendency to need an unusual amount of space and am more independent than the other people I know (despite the 7th house Moon haha). I'm also VERY uncomfortable in relationships (despite the fact that I love them until I get into them) and get cold feet and anxious (but I attribute this to my IC-Uranus Moon) with dependency etc.

Last edited:
CH, synastry is a very complex business and astrology is an art/science/therapy. Because we are all mutlti faceted human beings, we all have to grow and learn through interactions with others and ourselves.

IF you want to turn this into specifics about your chart, then perhaps start a new thread and post your chart for people to evaluate and comment.