Vertex

Moulin

Does anyone know about vertex aspects in synastry please?

I heard that Vertex contacting someone's moon is significant?

Does this work for opposition, square, sextile, trine, inconjunct or just the conjunct please?

What about double whammy's, say vertex opposing moon and moon sextile vertex?

Does Vertex on another's Venus mean phorrrrrr or am l now getting carried away?

I find Vertex interesting yet not much onfo on it!

Soul Friend

I've only used them occasionally and found that for the most part they're used only with conjunctions and if using other major aspects I believe that's only done w/ very tight orbs. Anne Windsor is my only book source I can recall at the moment but the Internet does have some info here and there.

Pisceanfool

well generally people only use conjunctions with the vertex in general. I would agree that only tight aspects matter much. I see the point as a very fated place. Somtimes it is seen as nothing unless the north node contacts it.

Well im not much help but i would say that anything conj. it makes the person somehow magnetized... so i would really only be conserned with conj. and maybe oppositions. There is very little info indeed.

In a natal charts, i've found it gives an deeper understanding of the planet/s that contact it closely.

Soul Friend

You've jogged my memory. Oppositions to make a difference but because of the Anti-Vertex. Planets in opposition to the Vertex are conjunct the Anti-Vertex and the 2 points work differently. The fated element you mention I seem to remember works through the Vertex by things coming into your life beyond your control and the Anti-
vertex reflects areas you move into that affect others or perhaps someone can springboard into better wording from where I'm grasping.:confused:

enigmas

hey,
what if, in sinastry, my pluto conjucts other person vertex? Can someone explain me please

Last edited:

Soul Friend

I'd look to Pluto and see yourself as manifesting its energy for the person in question. I take it to be very transformational. Hopefully it's not powerfully willful though. ;) LOL

Last edited:

normak

I'm a little concerned...my Vertex directly conjuncts my boyfriend's Mars in Scorpio/6th house. Does this imply a FATAL connection or of us being FATED to meet/be together? :59:

BobZemco

normak said:
I'm a little concerned...my Vertex directly conjuncts my boyfriend's Mars in Scorpio/6th house. Does this imply a FATAL connection or of us being FATED to meet/be together? :59:
It's a fate point, not a fatal point. The reason it's called a "fate point" is because Jayne says it's oriented to other people (with the implication being that you have no control and thus you are "fated").

Where you have singing duo's, comedy duo's, business partners, other entertainers it isn't uncommon to find that one or the other has a planet conjunct one or the other's vertex point (VP). Sometimes you see best friends or married couples that don't seem to have anything in common, but one or the other has a planet conjunct the VP. White and his partner (whose name escapes me) have a VP conjunction. White used to work for International Mobile Machines in King of Prussia, PA, and he left and then his wife (Audrey I think) and this other guy started a business in his garage. Today you know that business as Qualcomm, as in cellular phones and Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego.

In an individual chart, a progessed or transiting planet conjunct the natal VP often indicates an event that was "fated" to happen. It could be a marriage, promotion, getting a job, getting bank approval for a loan to start a business, breaking into the entertainment or sports industry, chance meetings with people who have a profound impact on your life (like a mentor or Good Samaritan), traffic accidents, other accidents/injuries, and even death.

Event charts often show a conjunction to the VP. Years ago there was a web-site that had event charts set-up for the scheduled departure time for aircraft that crashed, and many of them had Uranus (rules aircraft) or Mars conjunct the VP in aspect with the other.

Often cult followers have planets conjunct the cult leader's VP.

As far as I know, the only aspect used with the VP is the conjunction.

normak

That is VERY interesting. So, would Mars Conjunct Vertex be considered more of a "negative" aspect, or would it be beneficial (due to the nature of Mars as an astrological influence)?

Also, I was wondering, if MY Vertex is conjunct his Mars, but his Vertex makes no conjunctions to my planets at all, does this mean that meeting him is a "life-changing" event for me, but not for him? Or, does the Vertex/Mars aspect go both ways?

Last edited:

BobZemco

There's a lot of energy there. Is the energy being used positively, or negatively? There's the potential for both. If it's used positively, there's no harm to you and you benefit. If it's used negatively, it could be harmful to you, yet you could still benefit in some way.

Sometimes you meet people in chance encounters, maybe having a drink at a bar, or talking to someone on a train and they have a profound impact on your life. Other times, you have a short or long term relationship of some nature, maybe platonic, intimate, casual, professional, social, and it has a real impact on your life and you learn something about yourself, or other people or the world/life in general.

Maybe you misinterpret the Mars/Vertex as a "Fatal Attraction." It certainly could be in some charts (and a subject of interesting research), but not yours. Believe me, I'm not shy and if I thought for even a moment there was chance of phsyical harm to you, I would have been screaming, "Run Forest! Run!"

People with a 7/4 Sun square Moon and 5/8 Venus square Pluto can sometimes be a little domineering. If you're comfortable with that, fine, if not then maybe you want to move a little slower until you do feel comfortable or figure out what you want.

normak

Maybe you misinterpret the Mars/Vertex as a "Fatal Attraction."

I was actually half-joking (being "punny") about the "fatal attraction" bit :p, although, due to the nature of Mars's influence in a chart, a was a bit curious to see if it had any connotations with an "extreme" sort of situation (especially since his Mars is in Scorpio).

It certainly could be in some charts (and a subject of interesting research), but not yours. Believe me, I'm not shy and if I thought for even a moment there was chance of phsyical harm to you, I would have been screaming, "Run Forest! Run!"

I really do appreciate that; I would certainly want to know if it seemed like I was in any danger!

People with a 7/4 Sun square Moon and 5/8 Venus square Pluto can sometimes be a little domineering. If you're comfortable with that, fine, if not then maybe you want to move a little slower until you do feel comfortable or figure out what you want.

Yeah, I do have a tendency to get involved in situations where control/power becomes an issue. As a result, I am taking things VERY SLOWLY and seeing where they go.

By the way, I always appreciate your insight- very helpful and educational. So, thanks. :)

Soul Friend

It's so good to see such interest and exchanges taking place regarding this subject. The person with the Vertex is considered to have the planetary energy coming into their life. With your boyfriend's Mars that is bringing energetic dive and passion to your 6th House which will all be characterized by Scorpio qualities. Perhaps you might feel either encouraged, challenged, prodded or competitively pushed to seek depth through your daily work or to maintain ethical privacy in a professional manner. Too, it could create interest in finding different work that has more depth of meaning. ;)

Last edited:

Ekim86

What about the vertex conjunct another persons vertex in a synastry chart? Anyone eles experience this? Me and my former co-worker had this arrangement. Athough nothing ever became of this, We were stricly co-workers and good platonic friends, I'am sure she somehow played a very "fated" like part in my life. As we had to eventually learn the same leason, which was to transcend into the next phase of life after a sudden motocycle accident claimed the life of my former general manager (and friend to us all.) Alot of excellent people split there ways after that. I feel like she will play a significant part later on down my life.

BobZemco

Ekim86 said:
What about the vertex conjunct another persons vertex in a synastry chart?

I don't know. I've never seen that before. I'm inclined to believe it would operate the same way as a planet conjunct the Vertex.

Sag Moon

The chart of Marilyn Monroe is a very good chart to use whereas it will show that any planet which closely aspects the Vx will have a marked effect in the life of the subject.

You have to remember also that the hard angles will mark the person in life.

Her's is found in the 5th with hard aspects from the 8th and Uranus is involved.

The opposition willl mark the person also as it will show the force of how they deal with others.

I know one with Mars opposite Vx and they try to deal with others impulsively and with force as an expample.They act without thought of how their action will be perceived.They have no tact when dealing with others.

MarieCamery

Hi, I am happy to have found this site, you are all very good at astrology and I LOve it. wanted to add an author on the Vertex. VERTEX: The third angle by Donna Henson. She uses the Vertex in Event charts, Solar returns and Financial Astrology. I did a few talks on it at Friends of Astrology, A local group, it was really hard to get new info on it! I was gonna talk on it again but I was starting to get burnt out on it. (rather it was hard for me to verbalize the technical part of it) I went to Kaye Shinkers lecture on Vertex at the 2003 NCGR. I think they may offer taped recordings. Other authors and Lectures include Ruth Dewey, Doris Greaves, Rob Hand, Jay Delphine, Virginia Reyer, all refer to Charles Jayne and L.E. Johndro. You can do alot with it.