Relationship horary

Hi all!

A friend I train with at my martial arts club asked me if she would get together with a guy she is interested in. It's been ages since I did a horary, and I'm a little rusty, so I would be interested in your feedback.

20th May 2009. 22:26 BST. 51N33 0E43. Regiomontanus house system.

She is represented by Jupiter (rather apt as she is a Sag). He is represented by Mercury (he is a few years younger than her). They are applying to a square. I read this as a relationship is feasible but there is an obstacle. He might already be attached. Pluto in the first house also suggests the querent is vulnerable. I also think it describes how she is feeling, as she really likes this guy. I gave the anser as a possibility for a relationship, but watch out as he may already be in a relationship and she could get hurt. Their significators square will become exact week beginning 20th July (if I've got my timings right!), so I guess she will know for sure by then.

After a bit of digging, she came back a few days later. Yes, he was in a relationship so a bit of a non-starter. But she felt sure there might be an attraction there as she had caught him looking at her a few times. So the next question was Is he attracted to me?

24th May 2009. 20:11 BST. 51N33 0E43. Regiomontanus house system.

Ok, she is now represented by Mars (she does a martial art!!) and he is Venus. He is in her sign and house rulership. And applying to a conjuncion with her. Yup, he fancies her big time. Both are in the 5th house, so maybe they are both considering a relationship? She is the strongest planet in the chart, so she is holding all the cards, but he is very weak. Again, I think this means he cannot act on his impulses. But look at their co-significators the Sun & Moon, both in the 7th house and separating from a conjunction. I don't know if this is adding more info about their attraction, or whether this could represent his existing relationship?

I'd be interested in what everyone else thinks of the above charts. I'll try and keep you all posted on what happens.

archergirl

Hi Pocket Dragon,

Did you not get an answer for this on Skyscript already? The first chart will be valid for the entire question, and it does not look encouraging. Coming back and asking a second question as a sort of 'tweaking' is unlikely to work, as the situation hasn't changed. As advised elsewhere (by someone whose horary skills will far outclass anyone's on this site, I promise), it would be better to counsel your friend to leave this man alone; he is in another relationship and it is unlikely to work in her favour.

AG:wink:

Yes, I did get a reply, I just posted the same question on a couple of forums at the same time to get as much feedback as possible and in case I got no reply. I wanted to make sure that my thoughts on the matter were right as she was quite upset at the first response. She was convinced there was something there. Maybe there was, but the first chart clearly shows it ain't going to happen!

I really wasn't expecting any replies from this forum, but if anyone wants to have a go at reading it they can. It's always good to see as many exmples as possible as that's how we learn. Although people on skyscript agreed with my original analysis, I still learned a lot from the feedback.

elumen

It looks negative to me PocketDragon, the ruler of him, Merc is retrograde and coming to a square with Jupiter (her). (I take square to be a "no.") The moon makes no aspect to Merc, and although it is going to conj. Mars and Venus it is of no help here, as they are not representing parties in question. Even if you were to take 5H for the romantic interest, than the Moon applies to a conj. with Venus but Venus is in detriment, and Mercury positioned in the 5H squares Jupiter (her). Also her ruler Jupiter conj. Neptune may indicate that she does not see the situation realistically or there is some missing info about this guy. Even though he may like her, it does not look good for the relationship.

elumen

Archergirl, do you have a strong Sag influence in your chart -- you are rather opinionated on many issues?
As advised elsewhere (by someone whose horary skills will far outclass anyone's on this site, I promise)
I'm not sure this is true and definitely it is not an encouraging remark for other members on this forum.
I've recently read your article on basic horary techniques and you write with conviction that 5H should never be used for relationship questions but many respected astrologers (Hamaker-Zondag, March & McEvers) with many years of professional horary practice used 5H for romance related questions and it worked in their experience. You responded to my very first post and stated that you'd never use 6H for work related questions, but I have used it for years, and it allowed me to correctly predict the outcome of job interviews. So my point is that I do not think astrology is so precise, while there are obvious analogies between certain houses/planets and particular phenomena, it still remains a symbolic connection, and if another house has anything to do with the phenomena in question, than it is acceptable to use it.

Last edited: