sun-lilith aspects in synastry

bttrklk

i wonder your opinions about sun-lilith aspects in synasty.for example,if a man's lilith is opposite to a woman's sun,what does it mean? in conjunction,can we say that the man will see another woman who hurt him in the past when he look at the woman whom he is in relationship with? if we can say that,how can we interpret the opposition?

Sany

in conjunction,can we say that the man will see another woman who hurt him in the past when he look at the woman whom he is in relationship with?

Why is that? Does anybody know more about this? What orbs are allowed with Lilith - Sun or Lilith - Moon aspects?

I have a close conjunction between my Sun and his Lilith (1° orb), and square between my Lilith and his Moon (1° orb). And I have no idea how to interpret this. Also my Lilith is in a very wide conjunction to his Sun (8° orb).

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

I never heard of them seeing another person who hurt them in the past - this may well be the case but not I've heard of it until now. The Lilith person may be like a temptation to the planet person, opposition give a choice as far as I understand. In this case, the man Lilith may be a temptation to the woman Sun. I don't know enough to determine if this is true, but I have found that sometimes the relationship may have a secretive aspect to it, or be taboo in some way. But the 'taboo' depends also on what is considered taboo in your culture. It may even challenge your ideas of what is taboo.... or ask you to break out of a restrictive way of thinking/viewing the world. Lilith, I feel, may like to liberate us from the ruts we find ourselves in, a bit like Uranus, but in a different way. Just a few of my own findings.

Last edited:

Sany

Thank you Neptune Rising, it does make sense in a way. What confuses me is the story of Lilith and the interpretation of her placement in a man's horoscope. I would say that in a woman's horoscope she represents her dark side, but in a man's horoscope she describes the kind of woman he is scared of and attracted to at the same time. So then maybe when a woman's Sun falls on a man's Lilith, he could see her as Lilith, feel that strange dangerous attraction and she could be the one who challenges his taboos (about relationships and women in general)?

But I'm still not sure how to interpret the aspect between woman's Lilith and a man's planet (for example Moon).

Neptune Rising

Thank you Neptune Rising, it does make sense in a way. What confuses me is the story of Lilith and the interpretation of her placement in a man's horoscope. I would say that in a woman's horoscope she represents her dark side, but in a man's horoscope she describes the kind of woman he is scared of and attracted to at the same time. So then maybe when a woman's Sun falls on a man's Lilith, he could see her as Lilith, feel that strange dangerous attraction and she could be the one who challenges his taboos (about relationships and women in general)?

But I'm still not sure how to interpret the aspect between woman's Lilith and a man's planet (for example Moon).

Lilith doesn't always bring out a person's 'dark side'. And we need to know what the 'darkness' means in this term? Lilith can bring out a repressed side of us, male or female. The expression of this repression can be in any way, it depends on the freewill of the individual. For one person, they may express themselves artistically, the other may express themselves sexually, one may have an affair as a way of liberating a side of themselves, the other may take to writing poetry. It depends on what else is going on in the chart. Lilith is not always dangerous, this explaination is a stereotype and is the result of cultural doctrines and how they wanted to repress the divine feminine side of society which also includes intuition and very much getting in touch with our inner world - therefore gaining empowerment through self-understanding and self-acceptance.

How the male Lilith views the female Sun depends on how in touch he is with the divine feminine side of himself. He may accept this side of himself, but also likely with the opposition is he may project all those things onto her so he can work them out that way. Oppositions can offer us the chance to balance those opposing sides of ourselves.

Unfortunately, Lilith has often been a scapegoat also, due to the repressed nature of society when it considers the divine feminine. Though, nowadays, people are waking up to this more.

Sany

As I said, I don't know for sure, I'm just guessing having in mind the story of Lilith. And wherever I found anything about Lilith, it was always about "wild energies, sexuality, breaking taboos, perversity". Not art (that would be the Venus/Neptune's way) - sex.

So any new information about Lilith is welcome, especially in a man's chart.

Neptune Rising

Just giving my views based on my own research plus personal experience.

Mars is also sex. I personally don't follow the sterotypical explainations of Lilith, because they keep me within a box. They are interesting to consider, but as Lilith energy personifies, its also good to consider what is outside of that box. That is kind of what Lilith wants us to do. A bit like Uranus.

'Wild energies' can be expressed, as I mentioned, in any number of ways, depending on propensity of the individual's chart and transits at the time. Eg, if one needs to express themselves as the result of Lilith transit/synastry connection, and the only outlet is art, then art will find a way of being a channel for those wild energies. Its not just within the bounds of Venus/Neptune to express art. All need to be considered. If the person experience sexual energies and there is a willing partner, need I say no more? Depends on how the person expresses themselves at the time and what is available for them to channel their expression of the energies.

Last edited:

Sany

Yes, Mars is sex and the way of expressing ourselves (and in a woman's chart it describes more the male energy she is attracted to sexually), but Lilith is different. Her sexuality is not like the one represented by Mars. Mars is always looking for his Venus, but Lilith has no pair. Her sexuality is forbidden. She was the first Adam's wife who didn't want to be inferior to him. She didn't want to repress her sexuality, as it was expected of her (and of women generally even today) and she didn't want to be the mother and the housewife (Moon). That's why her symbol is black Moon and we find Lilith in a point where Moon is farest from the Earth. It's the point where motherhood and gentleness dissappear and where rage and desire to be free from stereotypes come out. So I would say that in a woman's chart Lilith could be interpreted as a point where she becomes Lilith, while in a man's chart Lilith could describe the women that would be to him what Lilith was to Adam?

Caro

Id never looked at this before.
A former partner his lilith is almost conj my sun. (in aqua)
My lilith trines his mars.

we have a lot of uranus and mars contacts in our chart as well.
so I think this adds to it.

Sany

Id never looked at this before.
A former partner his lilith is almost conj my sun. (in aqua)
My lilith trines his mars.

we have a lot of uranus and mars contacts in our chart as well.
so I think this adds to it.

How would you describe that relationship and how do you think he felt about you?

Caro

It is hard to break it down to just that aspect.

but there is a part of him that is i think fearful of me particularly when Im being my full on aqua sun(unpredictable behaviour etc) he will say'sometimes you are just crazy' :crying:

he has steillium in sag, me a stellium in pisces. his jupiter conjs my moon/mer in pisces and his juno conj my venus in pisces. we have been friends for 11 years.

love-thinking

i wonder your opinions about sun-lilith aspects in synasty.for example,if a man's lilith is opposite to a woman's sun,what does it mean? in conjunction,can we say that the man will see another woman who hurt him in the past when he look at the woman whom he is in relationship with? if we can say that,how can we interpret the opposition?

My ex's lilith squared my sun by below zero degrees. Our BMLs squared eachother's. His lilith is opposite to my Ascendent by three to four degrees. And if I think his ascendent is where I think it is(I don't know when he was born but I just know that he was born in the afternoon), His ascendent would be square my lilith.

Anyways, I met him when transiting lilith entered my first house and the relationship ended when lilith entered my second house. I think both of us played out lilith, with him starting and triggering me to play out lilith.

So basically, I started off as a chubby young adult, that dressed awkwardly, clueless about sex. Our relationship ended as I lost weight, started being and acting more edgy, and started to subconsciously partake in more games.(it's hard to explain) The relationship ended when he thought I cheated on him which I didn't. Now, I still suffer from body weight issues even though I'm a pound underweight, I spend a lot of money on clothes, and I have to look my best, act my best, be the most intelligent, basically be on top of my game.

Anyways, let me explain to you some of what was going on in the relationship behind the background. The man triggered my subconscious insecurities, and it caused me to be someone I never was before. He triggered very very dark emotions that I channeled to change and transform myself completely. Once that transformation was in full effect, (also due to me simply hanging out with one guy friend, and me getting hit on more), he realized that he couldn't emotionally or even physically control a chubby young adult with self esteem issues and low boundaries because I never was her anymore. So he left me. This also happened just as lilith went out of my first house.

To me, he was lilith. But you have to understand that Lilith has the power to control every aspect of the person she's trying to seduce, whether it's his sexual instincts or emotions. That's what was happening to me. And him playing out the incubus role was controlling my sexuality, and my emotions. However, because I feared losing control, I somehow tried to take on the role of the succubus, femme fatale, etc but ended up losing him instead.

But again, I have BML opposite sun, square ascendent and conjunct my MC. It's who I was meant to become. So that probably was the only purpose of this relationship, I suppose. Remember we attract other people in order to conjure up a part of our chart.

He probably attracted me into his life in order to deal with the issues he had with controlling women or various lovers. Since he doesn't have money, he used sex appeal and emotional manipulation to lure in lovers to him. That's something he needs to deal with.

Bottom line, underneath all of these pluto and lilith femme fatales, sucubuses, players, and incubuses lies a huge amount of insecurity and emotional chaos that they are just trying to cope with.

vanessanz

Lilith doesn't always bring out a person's 'dark side'. And we need to know what the 'darkness' means in this term? Lilith can bring out a repressed side of us, male or female. The expression of this repression can be in any way, it depends on the freewill of the individual"

"Unfortunately, Lilith has often been a scapegoat also, due to the repressed nature of society when it considers the divine feminine. Though, nowadays, people are waking up to this more.

I find your view interesting...

I had a spectacular 6 month relationship, with a guy whose BML lilith was exactly inconjunct my Sun in Pisces, and exactly inconjunct my Vertex. [So his BML was the apex of an exact Yod]

My natal BML is also in a tight 0'20 inconjunct to my Moon conjunct M.C....

It was a complex situation - he was 13 yrs younger than me. We lived & worked together in a big house i was renovating. My long term, much loved [but completely non sexual] partner lived in another house. All three of us socialized happily together for 6 months, but it was a tightrope of trying to be very discreet about our sexual relationship so as not to hurt my older partners feelings [even though we had an agreement i was free to have lovers, because of having no sex life, it hadn't been tested before & i didn't want to hurt his ego]. The sex was the closest to tantric i've ever had. It was another level of subtle & very sensual connection. It also rated as fairly wild :) I remember amongst other things, an urgent encounter hidden under a big bush at the airport, while planes flew low overhead. Another memorable encounter was two outside baths, on a cliff above a remote & wild river in the mountains, at night under infinite stars. All 3 of us got very drunk & the older one of us appeared to me to be actually embodying Dionysus. I remember hoping between two baths of two beautiful naked males who i loved dearly, having a sublime time, while discreetly having sex with one of them. For me that is the essence of that BML Lilith energy from personal experience. It was something quite exquisite ;)

Last edited: