Stellium in 10th?

Monte Cristo

Hi there,

I am very glad to find this thread because I've been curious about my chart as well. I have a stellium in the 10th House: Sun, Mercury, Venus and Mars, all in Leo.

Could somebody expand on what sort of influences this incurs? I can never find anything regarding this!

Thank you :)

[poster gave no astrological interpretation inside of another person's thread so created new thread and moved to Greenhorns Lounge - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

katydid

Hi there,

I am very glad to find this thread because I've been curious about my chart as well. I have a stellium in the 10th House: Sun, Mercury, Venus and Mars, all in Leo.

Could somebody expand on what sort of influences this incurs? I can never find anything regarding this!

Thank you :)

A lot is going to depend upon what your other planets are doing in relation to this stellium. [ The aspects.] For example, if there are supportive aspects from Fire [ trines] and air [ sextiles] , then this Leo energy can be expressed creatively and successfully. If there are many difficult aspects challenging your creative expression [ squares, inconjuncts] then there might be more tension and delays evident.

It also is important where your moon is, because you need a good solid emotional foundation to back up this healthy ego. :cool::surprised:

If you have Scorpio rising, there might be more tension than if you have Sag there. But in any case, having a 10th house stellium of personal planets puts a lot of stress upon the asc/desc because you may tend to be very 'public' and out there , which can be difficult at times. People look up to you, and are aware of you, but that tends to make you a target as well. :annoyed:

Are you an artist/performer of some kind? I would think you are very charismatic and have a strong personal style, and a lot of innate talents.
But the 10th house is also a natural born leader, and thart brings it's own kind of stress to one's life. It is like feeling that one is a role model, and must set high personal standards for oneself and others.

My son has 4 planets in the 10th in Aries, and is very hard on himself. But he does achieve his goals in the end. :cool:

Monte Cristo

Thank you for your response!

Most of my planet have conjunct and trine aspects. My moon is in the 8th house in Taurus, and is square my sun.

Also, I have a Libra rising.

I've always found the stelium to be very interesting. I am actually a performer, you are right. Your son has a very similar 10th house as mine, seeing as Aries is also a fire sign, right?

Arian Maverick

Welcome to the forums, Monte Cristo! :smile:

This may seem like a stupid or obvious question, but does your screen name derive from the novel The Count of Monte Cristo by Dumas? I'm not personally familiar with the work, but I recently presented a research paper about Eugene O'Neill, and his father, the actor James O'Neill, spent almost his entire career portraying Edmond Dantès on stage. I mention this because it seems to be a name well-suited for someone with a tenth house Leo stellium; I imagine, as katydid suggested, that your public life may indeed resemble a stage performance, or at least be quite visible.

I too have a tenth house stellium, albeit one composed of outer planets--Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune in Capricorn. I also have a first house stellium in Aries quite similar to your Leo stellium, composed of inner planets (Sun, Moon, Mercury, and Venus). Again, I mention this because I believe I have a personal understanding of fire signs and of the tenth house--particularly the challenges of having "afflicted" planets in tenth house. I don't particularly like the word "afflicted," so perhaps I will substitute this for planets that receive challenging aspects.

As Katydid indicates,

A lot is going to depend upon what your other planets are doing in relation to this stellium. [ The aspects.] For example, if there are supportive aspects from Fire [ trines] and air [ sextiles] , then this Leo energy can be expressed creatively and successfully. If there are many difficult aspects challenging your creative expression [ squares, inconjuncts] then there might be more tension and delays evident.

I do wish to add that the "tension" and "delays" do not necessarily inhibit creative expressive--although perhaps the expression may not be as spontaneous, especially if Saturn is one of the planets squaring your stellium. This is not necessarily a bad thing, however, for I believe it allows one to better structure one's creativity, to manifest it in physical form.

If you have Scorpio rising, there might be more tension than if you have Sag there. But in any case, having a 10th house stellium of personal planets puts a lot of stress upon the asc/desc because you may tend to be very 'public' and out there , which can be difficult at times. People look up to you, and are aware of you, but that tends to make you a target as well.

This is an astute observation--one I can verify from personal experience. You seem not to have many challenging aspects to your tenth house planets, which is fortunate; hopefully, you will not experience a public fall from power. I believe this is more indicative of an afflicted tenth house Saturn, anyway.

Are you an artist/performer of some kind? I would think you are very charismatic and have a strong personal style, and a lot of innate talents.

I received a similar impression upon reading the planets that comprise your Leo stellium :smile:

Which planets are conjunct each other?

But the 10th house is also a natural born leader, and thart brings it's own kind of stress to one's life. It is like feeling that one is a role model, and must set high personal standards for oneself and others.

My son has 4 planets in the 10th in Aries, and is very hard on himself. But he does achieve his goals in the end.

Oh, yes--to me, the tenth house has always been about social responsibility, about being a servant leader. I attribute it to strong values, perhaps due to its association with the sign Capricorn. Yet I admit it is difficult for me to separate the qualities of the tenth house and Capricorn because Capricorn occupies my tenth house.

I'm not surprised your son is hard on himself, Katy; I have a similar 1-10 emphasis in my natal chart, and I'm the same. Aries is an ambitious sign, and Capricorn is very much concerned with discipline and achieving goals. I believe planets in the tenth house have a bit of Capricornian flavor, even if they are occupied in a different sign.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

katydid

Thank you for your response!

Most of my planet have conjunct and trine aspects. My moon is in the 8th house in Taurus, and is square my sun.

Also, I have a Libra rising.

I've always found the stelium to be very interesting. I am actually a performer, you are right. Your son has a very similar 10th house as mine, seeing as Aries is also a fire sign, right?

Nice to hear that you have Libra rising. :joyful: I think that helps make your Leo stellium more likeable, less overpowering. Some Leo 10th house stelliums full of personal planets CAN become little dictators, and be very demanding. The Libra rising would help mitigate that tendency, and allow you the grace to take others into consideration.
I also think it is GREAT that you have your Taurus Moon squaring that Leo Sun. Again, you do not want that powerful 10th to be completely unrestrained, and having a calm, down to earth exalted Moon is a wonderful anchor for that fiery 10th.
That Leo 10th can denote a powerful stage presence and fiery magnetism, but the 8th house Moon will challenge you to do better, and study and practice and perfect your skills, and NOT to rely upon charisma or beauty for applause. It will be a nagging personal concern that doubts one's ability's and questions ones talents, which is a good thing in the long run. :rightful:

Yea, my Son has a powerful 10th, but some of the stellium is late Aries and some early Taurus so it is pretty grounded. The Sun and mercury are aries, the moon and jupiter are Taurus. He is a very ambitious and grounded kid who has always been the most responsible and mature member of our family. :wink: He is 21, and just got his license to become an EMT and hopes to eventually become a paramedic and then join the police or fire dept as a SWAT unit paramedic. Do not ask me where that came from because his mom is an astrologer and his dad is a comedy writer. :sideways::lol:

Monte Cristo

Alright, here is my chart, if anybody's interested!

Attachments

• astro birth chart.gif
    astro birth chart.gif
    28 KB · Views: 59
You have calculated your chart using the default on astro.com of placidus and I use Equal House system and am a modern astrologer. Lots of people that come into Astrology get their free charts calculated at www.astro.com and the default ‘house system’ used is Placidus and think that’s just the norm and all that there is……..BUT that is just the tip of the iceberg. You can change the default on astro.com in Extended Chart selection to Equal house and a few more.

Your mars is in 11th Equal and sun conj 11th so is considered functioning in 11th house matters. So 10/11th cannot be separated with the Leo influences here.

Your moon is the most challenged planet having 3squares and 2quincunxs.

katydid said,
I also think it is GREAT that you have your Taurus Moon squaring that Leo Sun. Again, you do not want that powerful 10th to be completely unrestrained, and having a calm, down to earth exalted Moon is a wonderful anchor for that fiery 10th

sun square moon is reflective of your own parents division and that has affected you from childhood, plus have taurus (fixed) moon in scorpio (fixed house) adds a double dose of stubborness in the mix.

Just to check your 'time' of birth age 13 using solar arcs for rectification then SA Asc conj pluto did anyone pass away, move, make your first theatre stage performance even?? but something major, lifechanging...
Age 14 SA MC conj Mercury, first speaking/acting debut?

Your chart really lacks the elements of water and air, but in Equal house at least 5planets in air houses and 4planets in earth houses. So it's just the water element and this suggests by way of compensation there may be tendency to milk each emotional experience for all it's worth. Will put themselves into emotional situations and FEEL them as much as possible. Basically these people are SEEKING intense experiences, by way of compensation.

Moon square mars=bossy mother, moon square venus =emotional stress from childhood connected to mother, moon square mercury = communications with mother/women can be tense, perhaps not saying the right thing at the right time, or being too emotional when you should be talking things through.

Moon Quincunx (Inconjunct) Uranus

You may have to sort through the "hidden messages" you received as a child in order to make sense out of some of your adult actions. You act, at times, without any forethought. This is because you are driven by forces out of your immediate awareness. Your spontaneous bursts of enthusiasm either serve you well or they don't. Early in life you may have been "told" that you should be different, but, your differences will stop you from succeeding. It takes time and adjustment to really learn that it's okay to be both unique and successful.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/quincunxinterpretations.html

Jupiter opp Pluto Overdue the ambitions ‑ willpower and stubbornness to others.
At the moment T Neptune from 5th to 11th is opposing n Mars and this could cause you to want to sleep more

*You approach your work and important projects with an unusual degree of imagination, idealism, and optimism now. Be careful! You are prone to shoot for the stars now, but never get off the ground. You may speculate, gamble, or put all your eggs in one basket.
+Your imagination and fancied ideals may mislead you to the point of motivating you in a wrong direction. Your real feelings could be obscured by some supposed spiritual or humanitarian ideal. Later you may feel you did the wrong thing.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/neptunetransits.html

So in essence, huge ego, talent for creative arts, being theatrical, needing to be centre of attention, but very stubborn once you've made your mind up then..:w00t:

Last edited:

Monte Cristo

Thank you for your insight, astrologer50.

What is the difference between the Placidus and Equal House Charts? I'm not sure what the benefits of each are, or why there are several types of charts to choose from. Why isn't there just one? If there are many, how do we know which chart is correct?
And being a modern astrologer, how do you differ from, say, astrologers from thousands of years ago?
Basically, what I'm trying to understand is how there can be so many different types of astrology, all claiming to be correct. Shouldn't the fundamental base for astrology be in the fact that there is only one correct Natal Chart drawing? Anyways...I've not studied the matter thoroughly, so maybe you could enlighten me.

Your chart really lacks the elements of water and air, but in Equal house at least 5planets in air houses and 4planets in earth houses. So it's just the water element and this suggests by way of compensation there may be tendency to milk each emotional experience for all it's worth. Will put themselves into emotional situations and FEEL them as much as possible. Basically these people are SEEKING intense experiences, by way of compensation.

If I understand correctly, you're saying here that I look for intense emotional experience. To be honest with you, I veer as far away from emotional displays and situations as I can! It makes me cringe when people cry in front of me, for instance. Or in a love relationship, it takes me a very long time to trust and let myself go emotionally. I get very uncomfortable when serious talks are had about feelings, so I'm not sure where that observation came from.

As for something lifechanging happening at age 13...I'm a dancer and I injured my knee and couldn't take lessons or perform for a couple of months. Very hard on me!

I was always on stage from a very young age, whether it was dancing or acting, so at age 14 nothing new really happened in that regard.

I'm kind of affected by what you said about having a humanitarian ideal obscuring my real feelings. Could you expand on that a little more? What real feelings are being hidden? Because I think my goals for the future have pretty much always been set, and have recently just become more specific, and not so generalized.

I really appreciate you taking the time to look over my chart! Astrology is great help, especially coming from another perspective.

But c'mon....my ego's not THAAAT big ;) I've learned to control it for the most part :)

House systems
Lots of people that come into Astrology get their free charts calculated at www.astro.com and the default ‘house system’ used is Placidus and think that’s just the norm and all that there is……..BUT that is just the tip of the iceberg. You can change the default on astro.com in Extended Chart selection to Equal house and a few more.

Throughout the forums but mainly in natal astrology there are two main branches Placidus (unequal size houses) v Equal House (whereby each house is same size) but lots more……. For more information on these go here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_house_system#Equal_House
http://www.astrolozy.com/article19.asp
http://www.skyviewzone.com/birthinfoforms2/housesexplained.htm
For further research try here...
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3280&highlight=placidus+equal
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=638&highlight=house+system

It's only with study and research will you be able to assess where your planets are deposited and in which houses... thus see which 'glove fits'

There are all types of Astrologers use this forum but mainly fall into Traditional & Western Astrology, the differences are explained here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_astrology
http://www.astrolozy.com/article19.asp

Traditional astrologers mainly answer Horary questions but lots others also and different rules apply than from natal. Traditional astrologer don't use Uranus, Neptune, Pluto. They just use Sun thro to Saturn :biggrin:

Anyone can ask a horary question. You do not need a birth time to use this method of astrological enquiry. What you do need is the exact time the question was clearly worded in your mind. An experienced horarist can, using the time you have asked the question and the place from which it was asked, explore a particular matter in great detail.

Horary astrology can be used to enquire about health, marriage, love affairs, work matters, travel, relocation and many other matters that affect our daily lives. It can be used to find lost things, people, pets, and many other subjects. Try not to attempt horary without first acquiring a sound knowledge of Natal chart basics though.

Last edited:
There are lots of different 'branches' of astrology, if you go to the main index for example, you will find 'electional' casting a chart for an 'event' like opening a business, marriage. Mundane astrology, medical astrology, vocational astrology, karmic astrology, relocation astrology as well as natal & horary....:rightful:
If I understand correctly, you're saying here that I look for intense emotional experience. To be honest with you, I veer as far away from emotional displays and situations as I can! It makes me cringe when people cry in front of me, for instance. Or in a love relationship, it takes me a very long time to trust and let myself go emotionally. I get very uncomfortable when serious talks are had about feelings, so I'm not sure where that observation came from.
That's cos you have a limited capacity to emphasise cos of missing element in your chart....

This missing Element can prove deeply troublesome because it denies a suitable platform from which to adequately ventilate the emotional problems, the individual may encounter at different times in life. Other people may distrust someone who cannot express comfortably enough feelings or emotions in a given ­situation or any sympathetic understanding for them in their time of distress.Instead of being overly emotional, they may perhaps offer more practical advice (Earth), or initiate (Fire) solving other people's problems for them!

I'm kind of affected by what you said about having a humanitarian ideal obscuring my real feelings. Could you expand on that a little more? What real feelings are being hidden? Because I think my goals for the future have pretty much always been set, and have recently just become more specific, and not so generalized.

Where have I said this? all I said was that your chart lacks water element and cos something is missing or lacking, we tend 'on occasions' to try and compensate for this by getting deeply immersed in emotional situations or with people that will help us compensate for this element.​