Looking for a TRADITIONAL natal reading

Hard to find a place for this one.
Anyway, i am looking for a "TRADITONAL NATAL CHART READING"......and i wondered if anyone would like to help....
For starters i am very sceptical about my south node....(astro.teacher, has comments different to what i have come across), but have never had a reading other than a psychological so would like the reading to just compare methods and insights....

I have left the chart as the default from astrodienst as I am unsure to the rules of traditional astrology......orbs, houses systems etc.....
Perhaps someone is keen for this mission......I am a interested student who needs some info to take a path in astrology...........I hope you'd like to help

with much thanks
LG

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_kylie_madden_hp.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_kylie_madden_hp.gif
    27.8 KB · Views: 45

starlink

Hello Shining Ray, what a great thing to give to the Forum, really nice. I am also, like you, more for the modern and psychological side of Astrology but I want to know about the older, traditional things. I come across that of course mainly via horary which is 95% traditional (100% is you take the modern planets away). Maybe should by Lilly's CA, book 3! although the introduction to Astrology in book 1 does give a lot of insight already.
Thanks a lot, I am sure Liquid Green will thoroughly enjoy it!
Cheers, Starlink

starlink

Hi Shiny!

But the basics the rulers and whether planets are well positioned are worth looking at. Otherwise my main preference is Modern psychological astrology.

Exactly my thoughts on this. Liquid Green, Astroteacher and myself amongst others were getting into these traditional interpretations of the Nodes which caused a bit of concern. There also, I would never take these traditional interpretations at face value, just imagine, being at the doctors non stop :)!!! because you are so worried.

starlink

And some things like: Saturn in Cancer: you are burdened with many illnesses, whilst in the same chart Venus, direct in the first house says that her constitution is sound which should grant her a long life and few diseases!!! and the Moon in the first: your health is indifferent.
A bit of a contradiction I would say.

starlink

Astrology is way too complicated you have to do a constant balancing act of different factors. It gives me a headache sometimes. :D
Yes, I know what you mean....
What I actually meant was, that in this case, the illness and the good health are both part of the 1st house, as well as the Moon in the 1st.
In our modern astrology, OK, you have nice planets in 7 and then maybe (I dont know) the Mars -Uranus is between other houses. See what I mean? If they would all be part of the 7th, like Mars is ruler of 7, but at the same time all these nice planets also in 7, we then, as psychological astrologers, can say that you very much are in need of a nice relationship, but somehow, you manage to disturb the peace and harmony between you and your partner, something like that. Here comes the balancing out. But I see less possibilities of balancing out contradictory situations in one and the same house and being terribly blunt about it as well. I wonder WHAT those astrologers told their clients in the 16th century, must have been bang on the head in most cases:)!! LOL!!

Moulin

Woah LG

These traditional explanations remind me of the UK weathermen when they say

"... and today it will be sunny in the morning, with cloudy skies at noon, followed by rain, sleet and snow throughout the afternoon and a hurricane tonight"

LOL :D

Moulin

Shining Ray

massive respect to you for offering to do this for Liquid Green :)
It is extremely generous.

I wonder, is there a site where you generated this chart explanation or is it software that you personally have?

Moulin

Shining Ray said:
Hi Moulin,

It is the solar fire reports they do all the solar fire astrology software as well, but it is expensive to buy. Mine wasn't I got mine on the cheap :cool: , that's probably why I don't mind being generous :D .

Good attitude
Great karmic-wise
and awesomely perceptive Jung quote :)

PYXIS

shining ray-

exceptionally kind and generous of you to take this time to print this info.
I look forward to reading it!

hi everyone......
I am ok, I am ok......just incase you all thought I was possibly keeled over in a a hospital somewhere!!!!! with body parts dropping off..........
What a bizarre report!........The method of looking at the chart is very interesting and no doubt i will get a lot out of it, but thats only when i can look past the bizarre interp:D............I am never going to go into business with small animals or birds......I think that was mentioned a few times!

I do have to say though, some of the things in the interp are so blanantly truthful , i have to say i am embarrassed!LOL......

I have so much more to get out of the report.......THANKS alot SR, such a great wee gift for such a novice!
Anyway....I am off to learn about the dignities....(essential and accidental)....and triplicities (In Sect, participating, out of Sect)

I will get bac to you more about the chart later.........I am starting to understaand more the need for psychological nterpretation of charts, with such sterile methods in astrology's past.......its all very well for the chart to be read as it has done been in this report but i think as starlink said its about sorting out the contridictions.....the blending of the chart.......I guess its here that we all become individuals in chart reading.............

Anyway......rambling at present.............must go

Thanks again

starlink

Hi Shining Ray ,sorry, I did not answer to all this because I did not get any notification!! Already for days NOTHING!! Wonder what is going on. I will see if Arian M. maybe knows what is the matter. Anyways, thanks for your reply, always very much appreciated! Cheers, Star.

I want to reply to this interp produced for me , but at the moment have more pressing concerns regarding me and my family..........I have not forgotten........but at the moment am not thinking that clearly anyway, so hopr you dont think i am rude.

starlink

See? I just came back to this post to see if there was something new written and YES there was but I did not get the notification. I really wonder why?

In the meantime it is a week later and the problem is solved I guess because I am getting the notifications again.

Last edited:
So, i am back to this thread. I have decided to try to do a course in trad astrology....( i just have to find a teacher.)
I have noticed that i often say i am going to reply to a what someone has posted for me , and i never do......its because i am so aware of my shortcomings and what i dont know.....( i cant blag it very well!).....

I need to start somewhere and somehow i think the definite nature of trad astro, suits my scattered mind.......i need the sterility and discipline i think!

Obviously I wont say i will ignore everything else and modern astrology, I just am very sure that i dont know enough to be as free as it permits, for now.......

Perhaps I dont need to start another thread to ask if anyone could give tips to finding a good teacher....( obviously some professional astrology organization could help......if any of you are in Aus and know of any, let me know.)

Thanks again shining ray....... and everyone else who has come to the thread