Anyone willing to share their keywords with me ??

charliestars

Hi

I am looking for a rich source of keywords for the signs, houses and planets. I have been on various websites but am hoping there are members on this forum that have perhaps accumulated keywords over the years and are willing to share them.

Kind Regards
Charlie

waybread

Really, the best set of key words goes back to ancient astrology.

Is a sign earth, air, fire, or water?

Is an aspect "hard" or "soft"?

Is a sign cardinal, fixed, or mutable?

Is a house angular, succedent, or cadent?

If you have a fixed fire sign in a succedent house, for example, what are you looking at?

charliestars

Thank you Waybread,

Not to sure of how to get keywords from it even though I understand the intention. Ill try to figure it out though, Thank you for the direction

Kind regards
Charlie

waybread

thanks, charliestars-- but do you understand the astrology behind them? Just in case not, or for anyone else just learning astrology, it breaks down like this.

Fire: Action, initiative. Fire signs: Aries, Leo, Sagittarius
Earth: Material, practical. Earth signs: Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn
Air: Mental, ideas. Air signs: Gemini, Libra, Aquarius
Water: Emotions, feelings. Water signs: Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces.

Cardinal signs: initiative. Aries, Capricorn, Cancer, Libra
Fixed signs: persistence. Taurus, Leo, Aquarius, Scorpio
Mutable signs: flexibility, adaptability. Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces

So let's start combining some building blocks. For example, Taurus is the fixed earth sign.
Its orientation to life is primarily practical and material: through the immediate senses, rather than through the world of ideas, emotions, or action. As a fixed sign, it prefers stability to change, and can even develop a reputation for stubbornness.

Gemini? As an air sign, Gemini loves to live in the world of ideas. Communicating with other people is a good way to do this. As a mutable sign, Gemini is flexible and adaptable to new situations as well as new ideas. To a Taurean, Gemini might seem impractical and even fickle. To a Gemini sort of person, Taurus might seem inflexible and stuck in a rut.

Then think through the meaning of the houses. The 11th house, for example, is primarily about one's friends and associates, as well as our hopes and wishes for the future. Suppose a person has a Capricorn sun in the 11th house. Her orientation to friendships and the future is probably very practical (earth); but also she is likely to reach out to people (cardinal) rather than waiting for them to come to her. She may be very good at networking with people (11th house) in her profession, and may be able to use this ability to further (cardinal) her career goals (11th house.)

There's more to get to here, like knowing the planets' natures, and which planet rules which sign. Then you can put together more building blocks.

Taken this way, we don't have to view planets in signs as a set of inexplicable character traits, but we can follow the logic behind them.

charliestars

Thank you Waybread for expanding on that, its certainly very helpful for some one like me who is trying to put all of this together now.

Kind Regards
Charlie

charliestars

Re: keywords, to Charlie

HI Wilsonct

Thank you for the help, strangely enough I just began to settle into really studying this subject now and started yesterday with that same short course you have provided in your footnote.

Thank you once again
Kind Regards
Charlie

JUPITERASC

ACCORDING TO ROBERT SCHMIDT

PROJECT HINDSIGHT
http://www.projecthindsight.com/ :smile:

The SUN’s nature is to select

The MOON’s nature is to gather

and

include

MERCURY’s nature is to contest

and

to destabilize

VENUS’ nature is to
reconcile

and

to unify

MARS’ nature is to sever

and

to separate

JUPITER’s nature is to confirm

and

stabilize

SATURN’s nature is to reject

and

exclude

charliestars

Hi Venuschild

Thank you for sharing your links. The issue I had with referring to different websites for this kind of information was that, being new to this subject I had no way of verifying the credibility of the data provided on the websites I was visiting due to the fact that anyone with the initiative can launch a website and this in no way guarantees me that those who do are seasoned astrologers. I noticed on one or two of them some contradictions as far as attaching keywords to certain planets, signs and aspects were concerned and others which merely copied ideas of their competitors sites and that naturally led to me doubting the quality of the content on all the rest of the sites.

I know there are definitely excellent websites to visit for information. What makes it difficult for us junior astrologers though is that we simply dont know which are the good ones and which are not. I thought therefore the best approach might be to rather consult the senior astrologers on this forum. One never seems to go down a wrong road doing that. Perhaps in addition to the thread you have proposed on learning how to google data (which I certainly would be interested in), a thread on some excellent credible astrology websites could also be helpful. ie, X astrology website for rich source of keywords, Y astrology website for best source of education as far as transits are concerned, etc.

Thank you for taking the time to share your information with me. I have saved your links to my browser and I know they will be very useful to me.

Kind regards
Charlie

JUPITERASC

Hi Venuschild

Thank you for sharing your links. The issue I had with referring to different websites for this kind of information was that, being new to this subject I had no way of verifying the credibility of the data provided on the websites I was visiting due to the fact that anyone with the initiative can launch a website and this in no way guarantees me that those who do are seasoned astrologers. I noticed on one or two of them some contradictions as far as attaching keywords to certain planets, signs and aspects were concerned and others which merely copied ideas of their competitors sites and that naturally led to me doubting the quality of the content on all the rest of the sites.

I know there are definitely excellent websites to visit for information.

What makes it difficult
for us junior astrologers though
is that we simply dont know
which are the good ones
and
which are not.
I thought therefore the best approach might be to rather consult the senior astrologers on this forum. One never seems to go down a wrong road doing that. Perhaps in addition to the thread you have proposed on learning how to google data (which I certainly would be interested in), a thread on some excellent credible astrology websites could also be helpful. ie, X astrology website for rich source of keywords, Y astrology website for best source of education as far as transits are concerned, etc.

Thank you for taking the time to share your information with me. I have saved your links to my browser and I know they will be very useful to me.

Kind regards
Charlie
Keep in mind that
whether a site is 'good' or 'bad'
is simply a matter of opinion
and even 'senior' astrologers
are not necessarily in agreement on that matter
and you may find your opinions are likely to change as well
as time passes :smile:

charliestars

Hi

I found a nice collection of keywords in an ebook called The art of horoscope syntheses by Cyril Fagen and have posted them below.

Sun (Akin to Leo)

Psychological

Positive
Spirit, Character, Consciousness, Awareness, Energy, Vitality, Life, Life Force, Supremacy Basic Intelligence, Seat of Intelligence, Recognition and Honors, Dignity, Health, Self Promotion, Authority, Progress, Individuality, Magnanimity, Generosity, Common Sense, Self, The God-Head part of our self, Zenith of Spiritual Qualities (e.g. Illumination, Seership)

Negative:
Egotistical, Conceited, Tyrannical, Domineering and Opinionated.

Mundane

Kings; Men, Presidents, Emperors, Commanders, Centers of Power, High Places, Executive Ability, You Personally, Religious Zeal, The Wife, (in the husbands chart), Banks, Bankers, Yellow, Orange, White?, Gold (color and metal), Ruby, Amber, Father; God (masculine), Masters, Guru, Godhead, God of War.

Most important planet in the Natal Chart, Giver of Life, Taker of Death, The heart of a person or matter, Illuminates whatever aspected to, How your friends or family know you, Acts of the self

Moon (Akin to Cancer)

Psychological

Positive
Quantity and Quality of the Mind, Soul, Emotions, Feelings, Personality, Psychic; Carnivorous Appetite, Astral, Astral Plane, Astral body, Sensitivity, Protectiveness, Compliance, Flexibility, Love of Home, The Servant or Service.

Negative
Egotistical, Unstable; Petty, Immature, Frivolous, Changeable; Vacillating, Deluded, Clings too past.

Mundane

Civil Service, Social Workers, Groups, Mobs, Crowds, Followers, Mothers, The Mother Church, The Husband (in the wife’s chart), Response to others acts, The Sea, Liquids, Negative, White, Silver (color, metal, & cell salt), Pearls.

Mercury (Akin to Gemini & Virgo)

Psychological

Positive
Intellect, Intellectual Activity, Educational Capacity, Logic, Acquisition, Adaptability, Dexterity, Youthfulness, Conversation, Mathematics.

Negative
Autoreact, Restlessness, The Wanderer, Nervousness, Dishonesty, Forgetfulness, Lack of concentration, Over-talkative, Prone to react with pre-conceived opinion, Intellect is different than true intelligence (Sun). Mercury may be able to remember and quote data however often has a shallow superficial understanding of the Big Picture

Mundane

Job, Schools and places of learning; Communication, Media, Telephone, Teletype, Mental Telepathy, Emerald, Green, Amethyst, Quartz Crystal, Travel, Talk, Hear, Teach, Study, Learn, Read/Write, Business, Selling; Salesmen, How we interpret sensory input/output, Known to live by wits, Talks about what aspected to, The planet of thieves and mercenaries.

Mercury is the planet of self-expression. It symbolizes the processes of verbalization, writing and communication, and the nature and manner of ones conversation can be gleaned from the planet Mercury and its configuration with other planets. When found in the foreground of charts, awakens and activities the intellectual activities of the native. Causes the native to impart information to others such as through lectures, instruction, writing, publishing or debating. Generally speaking, Mercury signifies ones mechanical (?) and mathematical ability and capacity to absorb and impart information. When ones Mercury is conjunct or opposite to the Sun of someone else, the Mercury native will impart ideas that influence the Sun native.

Venus (Akin to Taurus & Libra)

Psychological

Positive:
Love, Peace, Harmony, Beauty, Musical, Artistic, Sensuous, Charming, Femininity, Love and the capacity for love, Love nature and artistic temperament, Romantic Heart.

Negative:
Vain, Selfish, Lazy, Overindulgent, Obese, Vulgar, Inconstant, Party Animal.

Mundane

Divine Protection, Tolerated, Finery, Shoes, Food, Clothes, Jewelry, Diamonds, Poetry, Entertainment, Friends, Music, Graciousness, Lyricism, Desirability, Femininity, Attractive, Beautiful, Gifts, Wealth, Blue, Women, The Beloved, Theater, Opera, Melody and Song, Social Clubs, Beauty Salons, Sweets, Spices, Perfumes, Copper, Art and Artistry, The art world, Centers of fine art, Art Galleries, Babies and small children, Loves whatever it is aspected to.

The planet of peace and love. Venus symbolizes the Romantic heart the love one feels and gives another. Venus is in love with any planet with which it is configured at birth, not excluding the malefics. The type of humanity which wins the affections of the native may be deduced by the constellation occupied by Venus at birth that is in the Natal birth chart. For example, if Venus is found in Aries, affection may be lavished on those who wield power. Venus in Sagittarius, affection for clergymen, doctors and the titled. Venus in Aquarius, the interest would be for those who expresses a liking for exotic or out-of-the-ordinary subjects. The Venus constellation often describes the fetish of the frustrated. When Venus is in the foreground or in elevation in the birth chart, the native is dominated by his love for others, often to the point that nothing else matters, so that love is the motive for ones existence. Known as venerable, Venus may, in advanced years and in a position to do so, become noted for charity. In youth the native is a Casanova. Venus in a subordinate place in the birth chart will tend to delay or deny love and marriage for the native.

Mars (Akin to Aries)

Psychological

Positive
Brave, Heroic, Courageous, Competitive, Pioneering, Executive Go-getter, Leader, Political, Action, Adventure, Spontaneous, Passionate, Sex.

Negative
Impatient / Impulsive, Restless, Temperamental, Irritable, Headstrong, Foolhardy, Reckless, Wild, Vicious, Violent, Stress, Strife, Argumentative, Destructive, Bad-tempered or Quick-tempered, Aggressive, Brutal.

Mundane

Sex, Machinery and Mechanics, Motors, Motor Vehicles, Disturbances, Explosions, Thunderstorms, Riots, Wars, Warrior, Coral, Iron, Red, Unpolished, Rough, Uncouth, Noisy and Loud-mouthed, Often Untidy, Prone to Swearing, Wiry, Hot-headed, Impetuous, Reckless, Daring, Brave, A man in the prime of life, Muscular and spoiling for a fight, Delighting in sport, Exalting In conflict, Easily succumbing to temptation.

These are the characteristics of those born with Mars in the foreground. Mars is the killer, the destroyer -- who destroys for the pleasure of it. The exercise of power gives one immense gratification, but there is nothing essentially evil or vindictive about Mars characters or personalities.

Jupiter (Akin to Sagittarius)

Psychological

Positive
Philosophical, Cheerful, Happy, Joy, Rejoice, Gay (Joyous), Optimistic, Hi-minded, Honorable, Professional, Religious, Nature Loving, Law-abiding, Aristocratic, Just, Aspiring, Opulent, Benevolent, Congenial

Negative
Overindulgent, Extravagant, Ostentatious, Braggart, Status Conscious, Status Seeker, Social Climber, False Loyalties, In-completion.

Mundane

Prosperity, Philosophy, Wealth, Money, Success, Win, Medicine, Healing, Nature, Spiritual Matters, Insurance Companies, Topaz, Purple, Turquoise, Religion, Religious Societies, Courts of Justice, Legal Matters, Government, Law, Professionals - Doctors, Lawyers, Judges, Priests, Astrologers (Astrologers also have a lot of Mercury).

Jupiter bestows quality and richness. This the greatest of the planets, ennobles the influences of every planet it configures preserving, healing and protecting. In every sense it represents the good. It represents the best of everything -- clothes, schools, social life -- in short, the Good Life." Those whose moneys are derived from land, real estate, wills, legacies, bequests, interest on money held in trust, have Jupiter configured with Saturn Nataly. Jupiter configured with Uranus amasses money through speculation. The world of show business, the entertainer fields will bring prosperity when Jupiter and Neptune are well configured in the natal chart, but the money is easily dissipated. Jupiter configured with Pluto denotes ill-gotten money.

Saturn (Akin to Capricorn)

Psychological

Positive
Practical, Dependable, Stable, Patient, Faithful, Realistic, Organized, Planning, Self-disciplined, Stern, Exacting, Hard-working, Just, Serious, Severe, Cautious, Diplomatic, Economical, Persistent, determined, Long-suffering.

Negative
Stupid / Mistakes, Sad, Hate, Jealous, Fear, Doubt, Skeptic, Envy, Paranoid, Delay, Denial, Hassle, Restriction, Limitation, Selfish, Non-productive, Depression, Suspicious, Cruel, Bummer, Dictatorial, Slave-driving, Cheap, Miserly, Grim, Brooding, Melancholy, Stern, Tired, Exhausted, Inhibited.

Mundane

Black, Sapphire, Lead, Onyx, Delay, Denial, Hassle, Restriction, Limitation and Loss, Mines, Work-houses, Laborers, Slaves, Farmers, Real Estate, Mountains and Rocks, Earthquakes, Old Age, Old Man, Grandfather, Father Time and Time, Desolate or barren
places or land

This is the planet of conformity, complexities, inferiority, orthodoxy, economy, fear and hate. One with a lot of negative Saturn influence will make a lot of stupid mistakes. Configured with the Lights means all of the preceding but also prudence, a talent for organization and patience. It denotes longevity and the dead.

Uranus (Akin to Aquarius)

Psychological

Positive:
Intuition, Excite / Excitement, Originality, Invention, Ingenious, Quick Wit, Unconventionality, Altruism, Humanitarian, Science, Instinct, Enlightenment, Thrills; Ahead of the times, Exotic.

Negative:
Eccentric, Erratic, Extremist, Unpredictable, Strange, Spasmodic, Obstinacy, Stimulant/Thrill Addict, Shock, Suicidal.

Mundane

Change, Revolutions, Political Upheavals, Suicide/Suicidal especially when confused (with Neptune), Scientific Research, Gadgets, Electronics, Electrical Inventions, Electricity, TV, Motor Vehicles, Motors (a gadget), Plaids, and Changeable Colors, Opal, Uranium, Late, Late, Late, Shock, In Shock, Sudden fast exciting change, New Experiences, Doors you didnt know were there open.

Previously beyond grasp comes the planet always found in the vanguard of advanced movements, revolution, the discarding of the old and outmoded. This is the planet of the inventor and scientist, and typifies the computer age. True Uranians are inspired geniuses of humanity, although in politics such people seem dictatorial simply because most of their fellow men are too slow to keep up with them.

Neptune (Akin to Pisces)

Psychological

Positive
Imagination, Fantasy, Idealist, Theatrical, Pretension, Dramatic, Sensitive, Absorption, Clever, Drawn to Mysticism, Musical, Poetic, Fascinated with Spirituality.

Negative
Confusion / Escapism, Hysterical, Guilt, Worry, Anxious, Grief, Gullible, Naive, Unrealistic, Day-dreamers, Fraud, Schemers / Plotters, Deceit, Delusion, Alcoholic Drug Addict, Super-sensitive, Resignation, Quitter, Mistake the apparent for the real (the Cardinal Sin of Mankind).

Mundane

Idealism, Cinema, Fiction, Thespian, Actors, Movies, Plays, Dramas, Confidence Rackets, Schemes, Scams, Photography, Gases, Jade, All stimulants alcohols and other drugs, A sucker and a trickster (can sell you the Golden Gate Bridge yet will buy it from you).

The planet Neptune causes confusion, so that the native becomes completely flurried. The most common manifestation of Neptune is confusion. The most common confusion is escapism. The situation or someone is causing my experience. E.g. You make me mad." Neptune is the cause of an indefinable sense of inadequacy that makes the native avoid responsibility and desire to escape into a secluded and leisurely world of congeniality, a world of ones own choosing or making -- frequently t

hrough stimulants alcohol and other drugs, a fascination with Art, Music and Science are the forte of Neptune? Successful actors = a positive Jupiter Neptune configuration.

Pluto (Akin to Scorpio)

Psychological

Positive
Transition, Change, Miracles, Sensitivity, Authority in speech.

Negative
Crises / Chaos, In a perpetual state of crisis & chaos, Critical, Argumentative, Shy, Aloof, Lonely, A Loner; Militant, Disruption, Destruction, Easily Embarrassed, Embarrassment, Timidity, Withdrawal, Hyper-critical, Pugnacious, Sneering Attitude, Sardonic Smile, Quarrelsome, Likes to Needle people, Causes Upheaval, Starts arguments just for the heck of it. Takes things personally as an affront, twists things around to apply to self personally as an affront. Puts nose where is doesn’t belong. Tries to save the world when cannot save self. Criticizes but cannot take criticism.

Mundane

Change, Miracles, The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse - Death, Famine, War; Plague; Warrior, Fighter, Rebellion, Separation, Divorce, Hermit, Chaos, Accidents, The Underworld, Pestilence, Jasper, Plutonium, Obsidian, Occultism, The Shaggy Generation, The end of a cycle (or relationship - usually unpleasantly), Poisons (e.g. gas if used as a poison), Kidnapping (may shanghai another or be shanghaied ones self);

The Atomic Bomb; During heavy Pluto transits one wants to blow off everything and move away; Accident and crises prone; Too boil it all down most common manifestation of Pluto is Crisis." Pluto is a solitary worker a poor mixer, the eternal lone wolf. Sooner or later one breaks from his home, putting behind him all it represents in respectability, tradition and orthodoxy, for the Pluto native is the eternal rebel. Shyness, diffidence, remoteness, austerity, and sardonic smile are characteristics of this planet. The secrete to dealing with Pluto is the ability to adjust to the changes moment to moment rather than letting them build up into crises and to refrain from bicker and argue.

Last edited:

kimbermoon

The transpersonal planets are often shrouded in mystery and hard to define. Remember that with any planetary energy, it's expression will depend on the aspects to personal planets; it will be modified by the sign it is in and the house; consider also the house that is ruled by these planets in the chart.
My keywords:

Neptune;
positive: awakening to the divine, artistry, creating the illusion, elusiveness, intuition, imagination, insight, inspiration, mysterious, persuasion, revelation, spiritual innovation, transcendence, the magician;

negative: betrayal, co-erosion, confusion, deception, delusion, disconnection, estrangement, insecurity, manipulation, naivete, non-reality, trickery;
it is the higher octave of Venus: divine love.
The impetus to understand ; the shaping of divinity

Uranus:
positive: autonomy, break-throughs, creativity, consciousness, freedom of thought, improvement, individuality, innovation, progress, resilience, revelation, surprise

negative: apprehension, disruption, eccentricity, instability, non-conformity, radical, rebellion, shock, sudden change, tension, the unexpected and unpredictable, uncertainty, the unusual and bizarre.
It is the higher octave of Mercury: the Creative Intellect:
the impetus to adapt, change and reform ; the shaping of Autonomy and free will

Pluto:
positive: attraction, awareness, journeys of the Soul, magnetism, karmic attractions, psychology, the power of influence, resurrection, power, self-empowerment, the survival instinct, the Phoenix, self-mastery and control, victory, transformation.

Negative: abuses of power and sexuality, crisis, compulsions, destruction, dominance, evasiveness, intense eruptions, karma, manipulation, mysteries, obsessions, oppression, perversion, secrets, self-defence, sublimation, surrender, tyranny, transgressions, taboos, victimization, volatility,
It is the Higher Octave of Mars; the will to act
the impetus to purge, release and heal; the shaping of one's destiny.