tr pluto conjunct south node

New Moon Libra

I've read that George W Bush had transiting pluto conjunct his south node on election day 2004. I've also read that this conjunction is considered an "unfortunate" time (Nixon had it when he resigned). I had this conjunction exact in February 2006 and recently and will one more time in November (in 6th House in Sag). Has anyone any thoughts on how best to interpret this transit?

Mary

Pluto will be conjunct my south node on jan 2017,.... I´m actually quite intereted in this topic.

I think that it may be that our bagage of "thing to change" in order to evolve to our north node is in transition. I think it would depend on us tu accept the change. It also may mean that our "south node" side is being empowered, and maybe it just what we need to resign: power.

Maybe Bush should not be elected, or sth ought tp be change during this time. Maybe issues with war and world power interest should have been done in a less plutionian way I mean the worst part od pluto: total destruction.

Maybe Nixon accepted more the change that needed to be done by resigning.

I´ll search for info...

New Moon Libra

Right. From what I've read around the web and books (Hand & Forrest), Pluto transits are usually about getting your ego out of the way and transforming. I think this conjunction was one reason astrologers were predicting Bush would lose in 2004, but that he won really calls for a different take on it. None of the astrologers online who were discussing this event in 2004 have updates/analyses to their predictions that I found. I'd be curious! You make a good insight on the Nixon event.:cool:

South Node seems to be about familiar experiences and talents, but ones we should be leaving behind to evolve into our new pattern--the North Node. Since this event is in my 6th house of work/service/health in Sagittarius, I'm wondering what "crutches" I might need to be letting go of to evolve toward my North Node in Gemini in the 12th house. I've never understood the 12th house! I'm pretty sure my North Node in Gemini (Mercury is conjunct my sun at the nadir) reflects my writing, so I wonder if this South Node Pluto transit is related to my profession or more to my personal life.

In any case, I got very sick when this conjunction happened in Jan/Feb and am having regular migraines this week as it occurs a second time. I'm a little anxious about Nov/Dec when it makes its last pass going direct...

HH

pluto transits nodes

Interesting -- soon I'll have pluto conjunct north node. Much depends on what house it's in and aspects. Mine is in the 7th - close to that cusp and not aspecting anything. As pluto has been ending the 6th house I have developed
serious health problems.

New Moon Libra

Sorry to hear about your health problems, HH. I've read various places that entrance and exit times are especially meaningful. When tr Pluto entered my 6th I had a major break with my publisher, which forced me to start all over with another one. The final conjunction with my SN will be in Nov/Dec. My health is something I wonder about now, since I have quite a few years that tr Pluto will be in my 6th. I'm trying to remain open to this sense of profound transformation, but my direction isn't clear. I guess since it's Pluto, I shouldn't expect to have any control :)

AquariusMoon

NewMoonLibra, what are you experiencing with Pluto cj SN? How is it going? Pluto transits are so unique.

I've heard health can be good with natal Pluto in H6 due to Pluto's power of regeneration. Diet, health habits, work, etc., may change, be transformed, with this transit.

I have Sun cj SN on cusp of H6/H7. Ruler of Sun is ruler of H7. I find the SN makes things very easy. That is why they say to move toward your NN and grow. SN is connected with past life. H6 Sun cj SN (and trine MC), I am a "natural" at what I do. Went 1/2 days and yet breezed through school in record time, like 3d fastest at the time, because I'd done this before in other lifetimes (or so I've been told).

I am dating someone whose Jupiter (chart ruler for both of us) is cj my Sun/SN/DC. I married someone whose Saturn/Sun/Vertex was conjunct my NN and Asc. The difference is that I grew a lot with the NN relationship and worked very hard. The SN relationship is so easy. I could wear a paper sack over my head and he'd still think I was great.

For Pluto on your nodes, look at the number and type of aspects of your natal Pluto. Look to which house natal Pluto is in and which houses the nodes are in. Since the nodes oppose each other, think of it as an axis, not just one house. The energy will flow back and forth. Look to what aspects tr Pluto makes and the aspects your natal nodes make.

Many people love Jan Spiller's book, Astrology for the Soul, all about the nodes. For Pluto and the nodes, I recommend Jeff Green's book on Pluto, The Evolutionary Journey of the Soul. It is so deep. Pluto/nodal transits are once in a lifetime soul transits, very individuated. No one has the same Pluto/node transit. Pluto transits are long ones. I had one to my H12 NN from Feb '98 to about Feb '00. For me it started at the exact conjunction give or take a few minutes. At least that's how it was for me. Tr Pluto is slow moving, so you don't want to anticipate its arrival too soon. You will sense when it is starting. I think Pluto/nodes is the most interesting transit there is, and interesting to read about too. In H12 you might have shamanic experiences if you're mystical. What a great time to explore the unseen. H12, you might discover a secret.

Pluto is very karmic. Perhaps with the SN free will is more easily exercised??? If Bush had Pluto cj his SN during the time of his election, that would make sense. He cheated and got caught. Nixon and Watergate, he cheated and got caught. With Pluto transiting the nodes, manipulation of some kind may be highlighted.

AqMoon

Oh this is so interesting for me because I just googled tr. south node conjunct pluto and stumbled along this post about it's opposite!

I've been worried since the markets tanked that I've just moved my money from one over-diversified, ultra-safe financial advisor to a risky but incredibly successful fund manager my brother recommended to me the DAY transitting south node turned direct conjunct my Pluto, and it has proved to be quite problematic, as I've lost 20% of my savings since switching my money!

Natally, I have my 10th House Pluto square an 8th house stellium of Sun, Moon, Mercury and Saturn, so I'm sure having the south node square this stellium didn't help any either. 20/20 hindsight, I wish I had spotted this at the time and not now AFTER this 'market correction' as everyone has been calling it.

But in 2009 when pluto reaches Capricorn, can we really expect to bounce back? My brother had been invested in these funds since 2001, and had literally doubled his money holdings in these energy-heavy emerging markets fund. India (a major player in the emerging markets) is also a Capricorn, and in 2009, who can say if this Plutonic influence will wreak major havoc or be a powerful transformation for good?

With the feds raising interest rates in May wreaking the havoc on the emerging markets we see now, perhaps the 2009 Pluto sign switch will powerfully 'correct' this untimely loss for me? All fingers and toes crossed! But in any case, I can tell you the tr. south node conjunct pluto may well have led me to one of the most uncomfortable changes I've made yet! It sure doesn't feel good to watch your portfolio drop in value week after week!

So any words of wisdom for this reverse description of the pluto/node relationship? At least I know it was a one time event and don't have to look forward to it happening again anytime soon...onwards and upwards.

best,
Bob C.

AquariusMoon

BobClaxton said:
Oh this is so interesting for me because I just googled tr. south node conjunct pluto and stumbled along this post about it's opposite!

I've been worried since the markets tanked that I've just moved my money from one over-diversified, ultra-safe financial advisor to a risky but incredibly successful fund manager my brother recommended to me the DAY transitting south node turned direct conjunct my Pluto, and it has proved to be quite problematic, as I've lost 20% of my savings since switching my money!

Natally, I have my 10th House Pluto square an 8th house stellium of Sun, Moon, Mercury and Saturn, so I'm sure having the south node square this stellium didn't help any either. 20/20 hindsight, I wish I had spotted this at the time and not now AFTER this 'market correction' as everyone has been calling it.

But in 2009 when pluto reaches Capricorn, can we really expect to bounce back? My brother had been invested in these funds since 2001, and had literally doubled his money holdings in these energy-heavy emerging markets fund. India (a major player in the emerging markets) is also a Capricorn, and in 2009, who can say if this Plutonic influence will wreak major havoc or be a powerful transformation for good?

With the feds raising interest rates in May wreaking the havoc on the emerging markets we see now, perhaps the 2009 Pluto sign switch will powerfully 'correct' this untimely loss for me? All fingers and toes crossed! But in any case, I can tell you the tr. south node conjunct pluto may well have led me to one of the most uncomfortable changes I've made yet! It sure doesn't feel good to watch your portfolio drop in value week after week!

So any words of wisdom for this reverse description of the pluto/node relationship? At least I know it was a one time event and don't have to look forward to it happening again anytime soon...onwards and upwards.

best,
Bob C.

As for Pluto in Capricorn, there has been a lot written that I've seen from the financial astrologers like Ray Merriman and...the name slips my mind. Theo of this forum wrote a wonderful predictive essay recently.

Pluto transformations are final. You can keep on transforming, but cannot go back again.

Having a H8 stellium and Pluto in H10 squaring your stellium, you have a strong Scorpio signature. Pluto rules the stock market, etc. Whether a person has trines or squares, having many aspects made to or from your Pluto means that you will experience an evolutionary transformation cyclically from time to time through business, career, investing, and other H8, H10 things.

A transit of Pluto and the nodes is very karmic and transformational. A transit of Pluto to the nodes can either be something from a past life that was left unfinished or a step that was skipped that we have to go over again in this life, relive, or we can receive some kind of a gift, something from the fruits of our past life labors in which in the past so much attention was put into a certain area of life with such pure intentions that you can reap what you've sown in the past.

Pluto can produce emotional shocks in which something is removed from our lives. We may not understand why until much later. Pluto can also create a situation in which we become aware of a hidden talent or capability. Pluto can work in many ways, but the goal of Pluto is always transformation.

AqMoon

Thank you kindly for your heartfelt response, Aquarius Moon!

I will look for those mentions of Pluto entering Capricorn, thank you. You pegged me dead on with the Scorpionic typing: it's my rising sign too no less. And as for the karmic implications, I had been bugging my brother for the past few years to divulge how this new fund was performing, but obviously not diligently enough as he has always been a little too scattered to really follow through on my line of questioning until he saw these real staggaring results this year, pulling the rest of his money from our family's old financial advisor, and triggering me to do the same. I had also always had these nagging doubts in the back of my mind about how that guy had been handling our money, so I suppose it was a change long in the making for me too. 'Patience, patience,' is how I keep soothing myself now that the inherent 'risk' of the higher returns is made crystal clear. I'm sure I won't complain when the funds outperform by the same percentage they've just dropped, which is just as likely as not I suppose, and if not, heck, there's always the tax breaks incurred through investment losses, right? Chuckle...

The evolutionary transformations you've seen in my chart and it's besieged Pluto make utter sense to me: add in the fact that this money I've invested came from an inheritance when our father passed away and the 8th house signature is echoed perfectly yet again, no? Wise, wise deductions, dear Aquaruis Moon!

Bless,
Bob C.

AquariusMoon

BobClaxton said:
Thank you kindly for your heartfelt response, Aquarius Moon!

I will look for those mentions of Pluto entering Capricorn, thank you. You pegged me dead on with the Scorpionic typing: it's my rising sign too no less. And as for the karmic implications, I had been bugging my brother for the past few years to divulge how this new fund was performing, but obviously not diligently enough as he has always been a little too scattered to really follow through on my line of questioning until he saw these real staggaring results this year, pulling the rest of his money from our family's old financial advisor, and triggering me to do the same. I had also always had these nagging doubts in the back of my mind about how that guy had been handling our money, so I suppose it was a change long in the making for me too. 'Patience, patience,' is how I keep soothing myself now that the inherent 'risk' of the higher returns is made crystal clear. I'm sure I won't complain when the funds outperform by the same percentage they've just dropped, which is just as likely as not I suppose, and if not, heck, there's always the tax breaks incurred through investment losses, right? Chuckle...

The evolutionary transformations you've seen in my chart and it's besieged Pluto make utter sense to me: add in the fact that this money I've invested came from an inheritance when our father passed away and the 8th house signature is echoed perfectly yet again, no? Wise, wise deductions, dear Aquaruis Moon!

Bless,
Bob C.

Thanks, Bob. Your chart is very financial. Interesting that your money came from an inheritance. Yes, I know someone that lost in the stock market, pulled out, and the market corrected itself a few days later. That is very hard to take.

Something important for you to note about Pluto transits, especially the difficult ones, and that is the tuggings of the inner voice. Do listen to your inner voice. Denial seems to be a part of the configuration in a difficult Pluto transit. We hope, hope, hope that what we are seeing/feeling isn't really happening, that it will change back to the way things were or that what we're feeling/seeing isn't valid in some way. Even when we "know" something is up, we may not know what to do, which direction to go. It can be so confusing and very emotional.

Saturn is natally in your H8 and may not like a high risk-taking style, may prefer a more slow and steady, safe and secure type of thing.

AqMoon

Last edited:
Oh how you speak the truth, Aquarius Moon!

In my gut I know the thing to do is wait it out through to the long haul, even by just a couple of years, and the rewards will be there, but I'm not used to doing so, because you're so 'dead on' about that innately conservative 8th house Saturn! But I should be able to stick it out for another year and a half at least, and if the acting gigs start coming with my new agents on board, that could mean even longer of course... so we'll just see if it all doesn't come together somehow in the end.

I think the toughest to overcome could be the Pluto opposition to my sun come the beginning of next year, as a June 20 birthday, I'm one of the last Gemini's to get sucker punched by this particularily harrowing aspect, and I can tell you, I'm not looking forward to it at all. But then again, there really is something to be said about trusting one's gut on Pluto matters, and I've also always had the feeling that since Plutonic issues have followed me all my life, that at least the sense of it's surprise is lessoned somewhat. I find I am often quite psychic, and if I just listen to my own dang self more, it usually turns out for the best. My instincts say it might entail some heavy governmental hoo-haw, since I've moved to Los Angeles from Toronto Canada last August on a three year Acting Visa. Holding funds in Canada requires residency status I'll likely lose next year, so it my gut says it might entail dodging that particular bullet! (I think my brother would keep the fund shares in my name if it comes to that though. We'll see...)

The irony of investing on May 12 was that my gut said, 'just wait one more week, it's a full moon with Jupiter, it's GOTTA get cheaper next week!' But I panicked and did it anyway because I coudln't stomach the possibility of it climbing even higher, yet in that one week, it did drop 16%, unprecedented in it's history! So I think that's where I beat myself up the most, I KNEW! Ah, 20/20 hindsight indeed, but what a lesson in trusting my instincts:}

I was born June 20, 1974 at 5:20pm in Bamberg, Germany, btw, if y'wanted to look any furthur. One of the things that made me nervous about making this rather drastic change in May is that my progressed sun enters Leo early next year, so don't 'they' always say not to make 'drastic changes' during the year leading up to a sign switch? Indeed... But all I can say is I personally cannot WAIT to come through on the other side, the Cancer years were nice and familial, but I'm ready for my Royal years now! Haha

All my best,
Bob C.

AquariusMoon

BobClaxton said:
Oh how you speak the truth, Aquarius Moon!

In my gut I know the thing to do is wait it out through to the long haul, even by just a couple of years, and the rewards will be there, but I'm not used to doing so, because you're so 'dead on' about that innately conservative 8th house Saturn! But I should be able to stick it out for another year and a half at least, and if the acting gigs start coming with my new agents on board, that could mean even longer of course... so we'll just see if it all doesn't come together somehow in the end.

I think the toughest to overcome could be the Pluto opposition to my sun come the beginning of next year, as a June 20 birthday, I'm one of the last Gemini's to get sucker punched by this particularily harrowing aspect, and I can tell you, I'm not looking forward to it at all. But then again, there really is something to be said about trusting one's gut on Pluto matters, and I've also always had the feeling that since Plutonic issues have followed me all my life, that at least the sense of it's surprise is lessoned somewhat. I find I am often quite psychic, and if I just listen to my own dang self more, it usually turns out for the best. My instincts say it might entail some heavy governmental hoo-haw, since I've moved to Los Angeles from Toronto Canada last August on a three year Acting Visa. Holding funds in Canada requires residency status I'll likely lose next year, so it my gut says it might entail dodging that particular bullet! (I think my brother would keep the fund shares in my name if it comes to that though. We'll see...)

The irony of investing on May 12 was that my gut said, 'just wait one more week, it's a full moon with Jupiter, it's GOTTA get cheaper next week!' But I panicked and did it anyway because I coudln't stomach the possibility of it climbing even higher, yet in that one week, it did drop 16%, unprecedented in it's history! So I think that's where I beat myself up the most, I KNEW! Ah, 20/20 hindsight indeed, but what a lesson in trusting my instincts:}

I was born June 20, 1974 at 5:20pm in Bamberg, Germany, btw, if y'wanted to look any furthur. One of the things that made me nervous about making this rather drastic change in May is that my progressed sun enters Leo early next year, so don't 'they' always say not to make 'drastic changes' during the year leading up to a sign switch? Indeed... But all I can say is I personally cannot WAIT to come through on the other side, the Cancer years were nice and familial, but I'm ready for my Royal years now! Haha

All my best,
Bob C.

Thanks, Bob.

You know a lot about astrology. Even so, most everyone has a hard time making perfect choices every time with regard to outer planet transits from what I've noticed. You are no doubt very intuitive, and will learn to trust your intuition more and more. Pluto opp'd my Sun a few years ago on H6/12 axis. Had to listen to my intuition a lot in dealing with one person who I had always trusted, but could no longer. With Pluto transits there can always be manipulation involved, either a person or bureaucracy, the Sun being a male, ego issues, the will, H5 and H8 in some way. An opposition, there could be some kind of negotiation involved. Yes, even without looking at your chart, for you this would seem to be acting/investing combined as you mentioned, gov't trying to force you to do something with your investment due to acting and living in U.S. That fits very well with this transit imo. Being forearmed as you are, you should have the best outcome possible.

Good luck,
AqMoon

Cassie Priam

Jeff Green states that a Pluto transit/prog "brings into the light of day deep subconscious or unconscious emotional, intellectual, physical or spiritual patterns or dynamics that have been dictating and controlling or behavior and approach to life." (p 306, Pluto, The Evolutionary Journey of the Soul). He indicates that this can be a painful time but if the lessons are learned, very evolutionary for the soul.

Transits are external, progressions more internal.

The south node indicates that old patterns, approaches and dynamics will be forced to be dealt with. And since Pluto is involved there might be power and mastery over other issues.

TomJordan

Transiting Pluto conjunct the South Node
You are being asked to transform everything you thought you knew about yourself from your past. The South Node is where you've been and everything you think you know about it. In it is a pool of karma, the boundaries of which are drawn by your perception of what it all meant. Your false perceptions are what holds the pool of karma together. This transit changes your perspective of your past by showing you that through the power of transformation, the boundaries are erased and the pool of past karma drys up. Healing feels complete. Your memories of the past are transformed in ways you never could have imagined. What were once shameful or hurtful memories become wisdom. Pluto is like a volcano and burns out the old which is of no use to the common good and transforms whatever remains so that it is now useful to you. During this transit, you can realize complete psychological release of past conditioning and memories. And the opposition to the North Node will compel you to pursue your true calling in this life. This is truly a significant transit.

Catia

I had this transits from 2013 until the end of 2014. Transiting Pluto was conjunct my South Node in Capricorn, in 4th house, thus opposing my North Node in Cancer, in 10th house.

Well, the natal placement of my nodes is already a bit confusing and contradictory, and this transit brought nothing good to either my home situation or to my career. I had the impression that my life was blocked and the main purpose of my NN as I understand it (career but also home life) was severely put on hold.

Once the transit was over, my situation significantly improved career-wise. So for me, personally, the purpose of this transit was to keep me away (temporarily) from my true path.